Can't Access Base Station Mgmt. Tool

I log in with my password, and the screen changes the
page, as if it's about to open the management tool, but it
just hangs and doesn't complete the process. I'd like to
access the base station to change a setting, but it
doesn't work. I also got the same response when I typed
the url 192.168.2.1 in Internet Explorer. What's happening?
3 answers Last reply
More about access base station mgmt tool

    Hi Eric,

    Check to see if there are any proxy information on your Internet
    Explorer that might be blocking your access.

    Check your Proxy info by doing the following
    Open up your Internet Explorer, then click on Tools then Internet Options.
    Now click on the Connections tab, and then click on the LAN settings button
    then uncheck all the checkmarks in that window and then hit OK and then OK
    again. Then in the address bar type in http://192.168.2.1/ and see if you
    get the Base Station Management Tool screen.

    --
    Gary Tsang
    Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

    "Eric" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I log in with my password, and the screen changes the
    > page, as if it's about to open the management tool, but it
    > just hangs and doesn't complete the process. I'd like to
    > access the base station to change a setting, but it
    > doesn't work. I also got the same response when I typed
    > the url 192.168.2.1 in Internet Explorer. What's happening?

    screen, it still doesn't complete the process and just
    hangs. Do you think there's something else I can try?

    Have you tried power cycling your base station? As well as doing a hard
    reset?

    --

> [...]

Routers Internet Explorer Microsoft Networking