  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
August 25, 2005 10:14:59 PM

I have the retail version of HL2, and I can't find an option to download
blue shift from steam menu. Can someone help?

TIA

More about : blue shift hl2 owners

Anonymous
August 25, 2005 11:00:40 PM

To download Blue Shift you need a copy of Half-Life. Not the Source
version, either, just good ol' vanilla Half-Life. You should'a got
silver :-)

Sorry man, just get the HL pack, it's not that expensive.
Anonymous
August 26, 2005 12:18:12 AM

KinkoBlast wrote:
> To download Blue Shift you need a copy of Half-Life. Not the Source
> version, either, just good ol' vanilla Half-Life. You should'a got
> silver :-)
>
> Sorry man, just get the HL pack, it's not that expensive.

If you have the CD Key for the first Half-Life all you have to do is
register it through Steam and you can download Blue Shift (along with what
you want from the HL pack). You don't have to buy it.
Related resources
August 26, 2005 1:21:33 AM

"KinkoBlast" <kinkoblast@gmail.com> wrote in message
> To download Blue Shift you need a copy of Half-Life. Not the Source
> version, either, just good ol' vanilla Half-Life. You should'a got
> silver :-)
>
> Sorry man, just get the HL pack, it's not that expensive.

I actually do have and installed original Half Life on my computer, along
with the Collector's Edition DVD HL2.

I just don't have cd key for either of them :(
Anonymous
August 26, 2005 12:47:46 PM

"Alai" <iamhere@overthere.net> wrote in message
> "KinkoBlast" <kinkoblast@gmail.com> wrote in message

> I just don't have cd key for either of them :(

They're in the registry IIRC, Google it.
August 26, 2005 12:47:47 PM

"One Punch Mickey" <fantantiddlyspan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:D OzPe.4504$R5.843@news.indigo.ie...

> "Alai" <iamhere@overthere.net> wrote in message
>> "KinkoBlast" <kinkoblast@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
>> I just don't have cd key for either of them :(
>
> They're in the registry IIRC, Google it.

It worked! Thanks. Wasn't as hard as I thought it'd be.
!