Status
Not open for further replies.

How good is this console, I need a good front end for digital recording. I´m
running a middle priced studio, beyond Mackie - below SSL, is the Sapphyre a
contender in my range. It cost more than 20.000$ 9 years ago so it can´t be
all bad and they are for sale, if you´re lucky, for around 2-3000.

--
Henrik Krogh
henrikkrogh@mail.dk

I have owned one for several years (mine originaly cost more like $30K).
It is a well built, great sounding pro board, & was pretty much
Soundcrafts' last ever high-end recording console. Great eq, gates on
every channel, modular construction, VERY clean & quiet signal path & a
unique "floating buss" make this an amazing steal if you can pick one up
for the price you mentioned (I did, btw, though they can sell for more,
and rightly so!). Smooth "real" faders (with faders on the in-line "b"
mix section too, btw!). I love mine!! (see it at
http://www.fondamusic.com/rollercoaster )

Dave N.

"David Newton" <wolvoboy@webtv.net> wrote in message
> I have owned one for several years (mine originaly cost more like $30K).
> It is a well built, great sounding pro board, & was pretty much
> Soundcrafts' last ever high-end recording console. Great eq, gates on
> every channel, modular construction, VERY clean & quiet signal path & a
> unique "floating buss" make this an amazing steal if you can pick one up
> for the price you mentioned (I did, btw, though they can sell for more,
> and rightly so!). Smooth "real" faders (with faders on the in-line "b"
> mix section too, btw!). I love mine!! (see it at
> http://www.fondamusic.com/rollercoaster )
>
> Dave N.

It's a good midrange console. Eight-buss. For 2-3000 USD it should be a
steal.

TS24 and Series 3200 were Soundcraft's high-end offerings. They didn't
have much luck in that segment of the market, although at least 3200 wasn't
bad at all.

Soundwise, the Sapphyre should fit that "Between-Mackie-and-SSL" criteria
nicely. Good Whoa-Factor too.

Predrag

"Predrag Trpkov" <predrag.trpkovNOSPAM@ri.htnet.hr> wrote in message news:cirbqk$vfm$1@ls219.htnet.hr...

> "David Newton" <wolvoboy@webtv.net> wrote in message
> > I have owned one for several years (mine originaly cost more like $30K).
> > It is a well built, great sounding pro board, & was pretty much
> > Soundcrafts' last ever high-end recording console. Great eq, gates on
> > every channel, modular construction, VERY clean & quiet signal path & a
> > unique "floating buss" make this an amazing steal if you can pick one up
> > for the price you mentioned (I did, btw, though they can sell for more,
> > and rightly so!). Smooth "real" faders (with faders on the in-line "b"
> > mix section too, btw!). I love mine!! (see it at
> > http://www.fondamusic.com/rollercoaster )
> >
> > Dave N.
>
> It's a good midrange console. Eight-buss. For 2-3000 USD it should be a
> steal.
>
> TS24 and Series 3200 were Soundcraft's high-end offerings. They didn't
> have much luck in that segment of the market, although at least 3200 wasn't
> bad at all.
>
> Soundwise, the Sapphyre should fit that "Between-Mackie-and-SSL" criteria
> nicely. Good Whoa-Factor too.
>
> Predrag

Good "Whoa-Factor".... I gotta' remember that! :)

$3000 would definitely be a steal.

There's one sitting in Brussels, Belgium, that will go for very little money
if you're interested...

JP