Online multiplayer shmup?

Can anyone recommend an online multiplayer shmup that I can play with a friend?
2player is fine.
Something like Raiden, xenon 2, ikaruga... perhaps there's a mod for Unreal
like this or somesuch?

--
Toby.
field to circumvent my email filters.

    On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 22:56:56 +0100, Toby <google@asktoby.com> wrote:

    >Can anyone recommend an online multiplayer shmup that I can play with a friend?
    >2player is fine.
    >Something like Raiden, xenon 2, ikaruga... perhaps there's a mod for Unreal
    >like this or somesuch?

    If I knew what a "shmup" was I might be able to help.

    On 2005-08-26, Andrew <spamtrap@localhost> wrote:
    > On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 22:56:56 +0100, Toby <google@asktoby.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Can anyone recommend an online multiplayer shmup that I can play with a friend?
    >>2player is fine.
    >>Something like Raiden, xenon 2, ikaruga... perhaps there's a mod for Unreal
    >>like this or somesuch?
    >
    > If I knew what a "shmup" was I might be able to help.

    It's short for Shoot Em Up, like, er, Raiden, xenon 2, ikaruga... ;)

    --

    Toby <google@asktoby.com> once tried to test me with:

    > Can anyone recommend an online multiplayer shmup that I can play with
    > a friend? 2player is fine.
    > Something like Raiden, xenon 2, ikaruga... perhaps there's a mod for
    > Unreal like this or somesuch?

    I have no idea but if you find out let us know. I think that would be a
    cool online game. This is what I don't understand about gaming these days,
    it's like game developers just forgot about all the cool gaming formats
    that were once a lot of fun MP in arcades, and have made apparently no
    efforts to transfer them to internet play.

    BTW, I never heard of "shmup" before either, but I have heard of Raiden,
    Xenon 2, and Ikaruga, so I figured out what you meant.

    Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

    In article <slrndgv418.lq7.google@ID-171443.user.uni-berlin.de>,
    google@asktoby.com says...
    > Can anyone recommend an online multiplayer shmup that I can play with a friend?
    > 2player is fine.
    > Something like Raiden, xenon 2, ikaruga... perhaps there's a mod for Unreal
    > like this or somesuch?

    Alien Swarm is an overhead co-op shmup mod for UT2004.

    http://www.blackcatgames.com/swarm/info

    http://www.blackcatgames.com/swarm/features

    MRSisson
    --
    LOAD "GPL",8

    SEARCHING FOR GPL
    READY.
    RUN

    Toby <google@asktoby.com> looked up from reading the entrails of the
    porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:

    >On 2005-08-26, Andrew <spamtrap@localhost> wrote:
    >> On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 22:56:56 +0100, Toby <google@asktoby.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Can anyone recommend an online multiplayer shmup that I can play with a friend?
    >>>2player is fine.
    >>>Something like Raiden, xenon 2, ikaruga... perhaps there's a mod for Unreal
    >>>like this or somesuch?
    >>
    >> If I knew what a "shmup" was I might be able to help.
    >
    >It's short for Shoot Em Up, like, er, Raiden, xenon 2, ikaruga... ;)

    So does that make the players of them Shmuppets?

    Xocyll

    Thusly Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> Spake Unto All:

    >>> If I knew what a "shmup" was I might be able to help.
    >>
    >>It's short for Shoot Em Up, like, er, Raiden, xenon 2, ikaruga... ;)
    >
    >So does that make the players of them Shmuppets?

    Oh someone who plays arpiggies shouldn't be so shmug. ;)

    Mean_Chlorine <mike_noren2002@NOSPAMyahoo.co.uk> looked up from reading
    the entrails of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the
    signs say:

    >Thusly Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> Spake Unto All:

    >>>It's short for Shoot Em Up, like, er, Raiden, xenon 2, ikaruga... ;)
    >>
    >>So does that make the players of them Shmuppets?
    >
    >Oh someone who plays arpiggies shouldn't be so shmug. ;)

    Hrm, that would make a good warrior name in Guild Wars;
    Shmug the Unruly, or perhaps Shmug the Surly.

    Saying arpiggies out loud made me think of Pirate Pigs -hrm, REAL
    buccaneers.

    Xocyll

    Xocyll wrote:
    > Mean_Chlorine <mike_noren2002@NOSPAMyahoo.co.uk> looked up from reading
    > the entrails of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the
    > signs say:
    >
    > >Thusly Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> Spake Unto All:

    > >>So does that make the players of them Shmuppets?
    > >
    > >Oh someone who plays arpiggies shouldn't be so shmug. ;)

    > Saying arpiggies out loud made me think of Pirate Pigs -hrm, REAL
    > buccaneers.

    It's not pronounced arpiggies. It's pronounced arrpeegees. It's pee,
    not pigs. Get it right!

    I'm in a foul mood today.

    Knight37

    "knight37" <knight37m@gmail.com> looked up from reading the entrails of

    >Xocyll wrote:
    >> Mean_Chlorine <mike_noren2002@NOSPAMyahoo.co.uk> looked up from reading
    >> the entrails of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the
    >> signs say:
    >>
    >> >Thusly Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> Spake Unto All:

    >> >Oh someone who plays arpiggies shouldn't be so shmug. ;)
    >
    >> Saying arpiggies out loud made me think of Pirate Pigs -hrm, REAL
    >> buccaneers.
    >
    >It's not pronounced arpiggies. It's pronounced arrpeegees. It's pee,
    >not pigs. Get it right!

    Unless you have "piggies" pronounced by Inspector Clouseau (or someone
    else affecting a bad french accent), it's not going to sound like
    "peegee"s

    >I'm in a foul mood today.

    Then bitch at MC for not spelling it the way you want it pronounced.

    Xocyll

PC gaming Multiplayer Games IBM Video Games