Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Blueshift Hi-Def pack on steam

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Games
  • Steam
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
August 28, 2005 3:29:32 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

"Friday, August 26 2005

Bringing owners of the original Half-Life a blast-from-the-past™, earlier
this week we released "Half-Life: Blue Shift" on Steam. This game was made
by Gearbox Software and originally released in 2001 as an add-on to Half-
Life. In it, you play as Barney Calhoun, the security guard sidekick who
helped Gordon out of so many sticky situations back in the Black Mesa
Research Facility.

Fans will remember that Blue Shift included a "High Definition Pack," a set
of visually enhanced player and weapon models. We've had to iron out some
technical wrinkles with how we deliver the HD Pack, but it will be made
available through Steam within the next week or so.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----
We'd also like to take this opportunity to share an angry Axis soldier
running across the Day of Defeat: Source map "Flash." He and his shovel are
coming soon to a Steam Games List near you. (It's difficult for us to pin
the exact date down right now, but rest assured it's not far off.)"

there you go people you will be getting the hi definition pack afterall yay

More about : blueshift def pack steam

Anonymous
August 28, 2005 2:46:10 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Quoth The Raven: Stone Monkey <tenny2k@NOSPAMERSrtennant.fsnet.co.uk>
in Xns96C050306BB3tenny2kNOSPAMERSrten@84.92.1.10
> there you go people you will be getting the hi definition pack
> afterall yay

i just installed a hidef pack from another blueshift thread, will this
one be better or worse?

--
Laughter is the closest distance between two people. - (Victor Borge)

Take out the _CURSING to reply to me
Anonymous
August 28, 2005 2:49:23 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Quoth The Raven: Highlandish <ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au> in
43110958$0$18636$14726298@news.sunsite.dk
> Quoth The Raven: Stone Monkey <tenny2k@NOSPAMERSrtennant.fsnet.co.uk>
> in Xns96C050306BB3tenny2kNOSPAMERSrten@84.92.1.10
>> there you go people you will be getting the hi definition pack
>> afterall yay
>
> i just installed a hidef pack from another blueshift thread, will this
> one be better or worse?

err, i just realised that the hires defpack i downloaded was for source,
blueshift is for hl1... my bad

--
I came, I saw, I tried, I failed, I cheated, I tried again, I won.

Take out the _CURSING to reply to me
Related resources
August 28, 2005 2:49:24 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 10:49:23 +1000, "Highlandish" <ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au>
wrote:

>|Quoth The Raven: Highlandish <ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au> in
>|43110958$0$18636$14726298@news.sunsite.dk
>|> Quoth The Raven: Stone Monkey <tenny2k@NOSPAMERSrtennant.fsnet.co.uk>
>|> in Xns96C050306BB3tenny2kNOSPAMERSrten@84.92.1.10
>|>> there you go people you will be getting the hi definition pack
>|>> afterall yay
>|>
>|> i just installed a hidef pack from another blueshift thread, will this
>|> one be better or worse?
>|
>|err, i just realised that the hires defpack i downloaded was for source,
>|blueshift is for hl1... my bad

Check the old thread.. there has been an updated to the high res pack for HL2.

Pluvious
Anonymous
August 29, 2005 1:02:52 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Quoth The Raven: Pluvious <Pluvious@knowhere.com> in
6bt3h1128m4hcu22ssk9cesb2u65et3v5v@4ax.com
> On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 10:49:23 +1000, "Highlandish"
> <ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au> wrote:
>
>>> Quoth The Raven: Highlandish <ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au> in
>>> 43110958$0$18636$14726298@news.sunsite.dk
>>>> Quoth The Raven: Stone Monkey
>>>> <tenny2k@NOSPAMERSrtennant.fsnet.co.uk> in
>>>> Xns96C050306BB3tenny2kNOSPAMERSrten@84.92.1.10
>>>>> there you go people you will be getting the hi definition pack
>>>>> afterall yay
>>>>
>>>> i just installed a hidef pack from another blueshift thread, will
>>>> this one be better or worse?
>>>
>>> err, i just realised that the hires defpack i downloaded was for
>>> source, blueshift is for hl1... my bad
>
> Check the old thread.. there has been an updated to the high res pack
> for HL2.
>
> Pluvious

just caught it, thanks

--
'Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia' is the fear of long words.

Take out the _CURSING to reply to me
Anonymous
August 31, 2005 10:15:14 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Yawn. Did you say something? At least it's not about Counterstrike...

--
there is no .sig
"Stone Monkey" <tenny2k@NOSPAMERSrtennant.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
news:Xns96C050306BB3tenny2kNOSPAMERSrten@84.92.1.10...
> "Friday, August 26 2005
>
> Bringing owners of the original Half-Life a blast-from-the-pastT, earlier
> this week we released "Half-Life: Blue Shift" on Steam. This game was made
> by Gearbox Software and originally released in 2001 as an add-on to Half-
> Life. In it, you play as Barney Calhoun, the security guard sidekick who
> helped Gordon out of so many sticky situations back in the Black Mesa
> Research Facility.
>
> Fans will remember that Blue Shift included a "High Definition Pack," a
> set
> of visually enhanced player and weapon models. We've had to iron out some
> technical wrinkles with how we deliver the HD Pack, but it will be made
> available through Steam within the next week or so.
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> -----
> We'd also like to take this opportunity to share an angry Axis soldier
> running across the Day of Defeat: Source map "Flash." He and his shovel
> are
> coming soon to a Steam Games List near you. (It's difficult for us to pin
> the exact date down right now, but rest assured it's not far off.)"
>
> there you go people you will be getting the hi definition pack afterall
> yay
>
>
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 6:16:52 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

I was away for a few weeks and saw this
news when I logged into Steam. I've installed Blue
Shift - does this (as of Sept 8) also include
the hi-res graphics? And are these hi-res
graphics also used in Half-Life 1 and Opposing
Force?

--
-pm

http://oceanclub.blogspot.com

"Life is like a musical by Andrew Lloyd Webber. Very popular and
not as bad as some would have you believe. That is unspeakably
awful but mercifully brief."
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 7:29:00 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Seems to have. I've just re-started HL and it looks better. Model textures
aren't so fuzzy. Just started playing Blue Shift for the very first time.
Interesting parallel to the regular game where you're Gordon. You see
Gordon a few times so far.
McG.

"Paul Moloney" <paul_moloney@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:432038a7$0$38737$892e7fe2@authen.white.readfreenews.net...
>I was away for a few weeks and saw this
> news when I logged into Steam. I've installed Blue
> Shift - does this (as of Sept 8) also include
> the hi-res graphics? And are these hi-res
> graphics also used in Half-Life 1 and Opposing
> Force?
>
> --
> -pm
>
> http://oceanclub.blogspot.com
>
> "Life is like a musical by Andrew Lloyd Webber. Very popular and
> not as bad as some would have you believe. That is unspeakably
> awful but mercifully brief."
>
>
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 7:29:01 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

McGrandpa wrote:
> Seems to have. I've just re-started HL and it looks better. Model textures
> aren't so fuzzy. Just started playing Blue Shift for the very first time.
> Interesting parallel to the regular game where you're Gordon. You see
> Gordon a few times so far.
> McG.

That reminds me, I have a technical question re the High-Def pak. When I
start up the Steam News, it shows a link that'll download the pak to my
machine. Thing is, the link doesn't do anything-- Opera doesn't
recognize it as a proper protocol, and using IE and Netscape hasn't
brought me any results. (In those browsers, I don't get the error
message, but I also don't get no High-Def yumminess.) Any suggestions?

(In case yer wondering, yes, I did restart the games, I did restart my
machine, I've basically done what seems reasonable.)
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 2:06:49 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 13:56:21 -0400, Brian Siano
<siano@mail.med.upenn.edu> wrote:
>That reminds me, I have a technical question re the High-Def pak. When I
>start up the Steam News, it shows a link that'll download the pak to my
>machine. Thing is, the link doesn't do anything-- Opera doesn't
>recognize it as a proper protocol, and using IE and Netscape hasn't
>brought me any results. (In those browsers, I don't get the error
>message, but I also don't get no High-Def yumminess.) Any suggestions?
>
You have to have Steam running when you click the link, and then the
update status of HL1, HL:o F, and HL:BS will change. Restart Steam and
try to launch HL1 to force it to update (it wouldn't automatically
update when I left it for an hour) and you should then see 'HD Pack
enabled' next to status.
--
Alfie
<http://www.delphia.co.uk/&gt;
If at first you DO succeed, try not to look astonished !
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 5:39:33 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

"Brian Siano" <siano@mail.med.upenn.edu> wrote in message
news:D fpu05$a501$1@netnews.upenn.edu...
> McGrandpa wrote:
>> Seems to have. I've just re-started HL and it looks better. Model
>> textures aren't so fuzzy. Just started playing Blue Shift for the very
>> first time. Interesting parallel to the regular game where you're Gordon.
>> You see Gordon a few times so far.
>> McG.
>
> That reminds me, I have a technical question re the High-Def pak. When I
> start up the Steam News, it shows a link that'll download the pak to my
> machine. Thing is, the link doesn't do anything-- Opera doesn't recognize
> it as a proper protocol, and using IE and Netscape hasn't brought me any
> results. (In those browsers, I don't get the error message, but I also
> don't get no High-Def yumminess.) Any suggestions?
>
> (In case yer wondering, yes, I did restart the games, I did restart my
> machine, I've basically done what seems reasonable.)
>
Me too. All I can say is that it looks better than vanilla Half-Life. :) 
That link in the news didn't work for me either. When I started Blue Shift,
it started downloading stuff for a couple minutes, then I played it. I've
never seen Blue Shift before now so can't tell ya what it's supposed to look
like.
McG.
September 9, 2005 1:07:06 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

"McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message
news:p J5Ue.234575$0f.112588@tornado.texas.rr.com...
>
> "Brian Siano" <siano@mail.med.upenn.edu> wrote in message
> news:D fpu05$a501$1@netnews.upenn.edu...
>> McGrandpa wrote:
>>> Seems to have. I've just re-started HL and it looks better. Model
>>> textures aren't so fuzzy. Just started playing Blue Shift for the very
>>> first time. Interesting parallel to the regular game where you're
>>> Gordon. You see Gordon a few times so far.
>>> McG.
>>
>> That reminds me, I have a technical question re the High-Def pak. When I
>> start up the Steam News, it shows a link that'll download the pak to my
>> machine. Thing is, the link doesn't do anything-- Opera doesn't recognize
>> it as a proper protocol, and using IE and Netscape hasn't brought me any
>> results. (In those browsers, I don't get the error message, but I also
>> don't get no High-Def yumminess.) Any suggestions?
>>
>> (In case yer wondering, yes, I did restart the games, I did restart my
>> machine, I've basically done what seems reasonable.)
>>
> Me too. All I can say is that it looks better than vanilla Half-Life. :) 
> That link in the news didn't work for me either. When I started Blue
> Shift, it started downloading stuff for a couple minutes, then I played
> it. I've never seen Blue Shift before now so can't tell ya what it's
> supposed to look like.
> McG.

The link 'did' work for you, the workings just aint visible - I'm guessing
the link is just some form of notification that you want the pack so that
next time you go to play it d-loads the pack automagically. It could have
been better explained on that news page.

Original BS looked much the same as original HL - easiest thing to spot in
the update is things like ties - in original this kind of detail was just
'painted' onto the shirt. IIRC - the pack only affects the models.
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 1:21:07 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Quoth The Raven: Alfie [UK] <me@privacy.net> in
kj91i15her3mtjj0h66s1ghbf4k9e9iats@4ax.com
> On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 13:56:21 -0400, Brian Siano
> <siano@mail.med.upenn.edu> wrote:
>> That reminds me, I have a technical question re the High-Def pak.
>> When I start up the Steam News, it shows a link that'll download the
>> pak to my machine. Thing is, the link doesn't do anything-- Opera
>> doesn't recognize it as a proper protocol, and using IE and Netscape
>> hasn't brought me any results. (In those browsers, I don't get the
>> error message, but I also don't get no High-Def yumminess.) Any
>> suggestions?
>>
> You have to have Steam running when you click the link, and then the
> update status of HL1, HL:o F, and HL:BS will change. Restart Steam and
> try to launch HL1 to force it to update (it wouldn't automatically
> update when I left it for an hour) and you should then see 'HD Pack
> enabled' next to status.

yeah, I did that last night, all three programs seemed unupdated so I
launched one, and all three updated over night, but they seemed to not
want to update any other way.

--
"To sit alone with my conscience will be judgment enough for me." -
Charles William Stubbs

Take out the _CURSING to reply to me
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 1:21:08 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Highlandish wrote:
> Quoth The Raven: Alfie [UK] <me@privacy.net> in
> kj91i15her3mtjj0h66s1ghbf4k9e9iats@4ax.com
>
>>On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 13:56:21 -0400, Brian Siano
>><siano@mail.med.upenn.edu> wrote:
>>
>>>That reminds me, I have a technical question re the High-Def pak.
>>>When I start up the Steam News, it shows a link that'll download the
>>>pak to my machine. Thing is, the link doesn't do anything-- Opera
>>>doesn't recognize it as a proper protocol, and using IE and Netscape
>>>hasn't brought me any results. (In those browsers, I don't get the
>>>error message, but I also don't get no High-Def yumminess.) Any
>>>suggestions?
>>>
>>
>>You have to have Steam running when you click the link, and then the
>>update status of HL1, HL:o F, and HL:BS will change. Restart Steam and
>>try to launch HL1 to force it to update (it wouldn't automatically
>>update when I left it for an hour) and you should then see 'HD Pack
>>enabled' next to status.
>
>
> yeah, I did that last night, all three programs seemed unupdated so I
> launched one, and all three updated over night, but they seemed to not
> want to update any other way.

Sorta the same story here. I had Steam running when I clicked on the
link. For IE, at least, there was a brief "downloading" blip in the
status bar. So... should I just leave Steam running overnight, or something?
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 3:15:21 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

"Shawk" <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> wrote in message
news:1126252895.30018.0@sabbath.news.uk.clara.net...
>
> "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:p J5Ue.234575$0f.112588@tornado.texas.rr.com...
>>
>> "Brian Siano" <siano@mail.med.upenn.edu> wrote in message
>> news:D fpu05$a501$1@netnews.upenn.edu...
>>> McGrandpa wrote:
>>>> Seems to have. I've just re-started HL and it looks better. Model
>>>> textures aren't so fuzzy. Just started playing Blue Shift for the very
>>>> first time. Interesting parallel to the regular game where you're
>>>> Gordon. You see Gordon a few times so far.
>>>> McG.
>>>
>>> That reminds me, I have a technical question re the High-Def pak. When I
>>> start up the Steam News, it shows a link that'll download the pak to my
>>> machine. Thing is, the link doesn't do anything-- Opera doesn't
>>> recognize it as a proper protocol, and using IE and Netscape hasn't
>>> brought me any results. (In those browsers, I don't get the error
>>> message, but I also don't get no High-Def yumminess.) Any suggestions?
>>>
>>> (In case yer wondering, yes, I did restart the games, I did restart my
>>> machine, I've basically done what seems reasonable.)
>>>
>> Me too. All I can say is that it looks better than vanilla Half-Life. :) 
>> That link in the news didn't work for me either. When I started Blue
>> Shift, it started downloading stuff for a couple minutes, then I played
>> it. I've never seen Blue Shift before now so can't tell ya what it's
>> supposed to look like.
>> McG.
>
> The link 'did' work for you, the workings just aint visible - I'm
> guessing the link is just some form of notification that you want the pack
> so that next time you go to play it d-loads the pack automagically. It
> could have been better explained on that news page.
>
> Original BS looked much the same as original HL - easiest thing to spot in
> the update is things like ties - in original this kind of detail was just
> 'painted' onto the shirt. IIRC - the pack only affects the models.
>
You see the Barneys ties, the faces look a little different, the Kleiner
model faces look older, some other things look brighter. could be the new
vid card too huh? Anyway, HL1, OF and Blue Shift say they have the HD pack
enabled. Blue shift is interesting, but as quickly as Barney got to Xen I
figure it will be shorter than HL. It's pretty good tho. Get to watch
Gordon go by a few times :)  Get to feel that weirdness knowing your Barney
is in the same spots you've watched him as Gordon a few times. It is odd
though not having the HEV and the charger does nothing for ya. I
automatically try to use it after playing HL again :) 
McG.
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 4:41:31 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Quoth The Raven: Brian Siano <bsiano@bellatlantic.net> in
fS4Ue.165$cM1.62@trndny08
> Sorta the same story here. I had Steam running when I clicked on the
> link. For IE, at least, there was a brief "downloading" blip in the
> status bar. So... should I just leave Steam running overnight, or
> something?

I suppose, all three games were at 60-80% complete after I clicked the
link, I decided to run BS and it said it needed updating when the
monitor said it wasn't. there was a progress bar moving very slowly in
BS before launch, so I left it overnight. 7 hours later all 3 were 100%
complete. dunno how long it actually took though, might have been only
an hour.

--
Life can only be understood backwards - but it must be lived forwards

Take out the _CURSING to reply to me
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 4:41:32 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Highlandish wrote:
> Quoth The Raven: Brian Siano <bsiano@bellatlantic.net> in
> fS4Ue.165$cM1.62@trndny08
>
>>Sorta the same story here. I had Steam running when I clicked on the
>>link. For IE, at least, there was a brief "downloading" blip in the
>>status bar. So... should I just leave Steam running overnight, or
>>something?
>
>
> I suppose, all three games were at 60-80% complete after I clicked the
> link, I decided to run BS and it said it needed updating when the
> monitor said it wasn't. there was a progress bar moving very slowly in
> BS before launch, so I left it overnight. 7 hours later all 3 were 100%
> complete. dunno how long it actually took though, might have been only
> an hour.
>


I already had Blue Shift downloaded. Just to see what happens for me, I
just tried to run it. It immediately started a 15-18 minute update
(must be the Hi-Def pack, since I already had Blue Shift downloaded
through Steam). No need to leave it running overnight or do anything
tricky...
September 11, 2005 5:22:34 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

> Original BS looked much the same as original HL - easiest thing to spot in
> the update is things like ties - in original this kind of detail was just
> 'painted' onto the shirt. IIRC - the pack only affects the models.

Weapons got upgraded, too. The Glock got replaced with a Beretta, etc.
Anonymous
September 11, 2005 1:45:20 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

"Sketch" <no@nah.nut> wrote in message news:D g0if9$3f2$1@news.tamu.edu...
>> Original BS looked much the same as original HL - easiest thing to spot
>> in the update is things like ties - in original this kind of detail was
>> just 'painted' onto the shirt. IIRC - the pack only affects the models.
>
> Weapons got upgraded, too. The Glock got replaced with a Beretta, etc.
>
I finished Blue Shift last night. Having played HL1 through a bunch of
times, it was a refreshing look at the game from another persons
perspective. I did see that the character models all got a needed facelift
:)  It appears that some things got better looking textures too. I'm also
going through HL1 again to have a look at whatever new was popped in.
McG.
September 11, 2005 3:39:31 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

"McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message
news:Q0TUe.2783$S26.1782@tornado.texas.rr.com...
>
> "Sketch" <no@nah.nut> wrote in message news:D g0if9$3f2$1@news.tamu.edu...
>>> Original BS looked much the same as original HL - easiest thing to spot
>>> in the update is things like ties - in original this kind of detail was
>>> just 'painted' onto the shirt. IIRC - the pack only affects the models.
>>
>> Weapons got upgraded, too. The Glock got replaced with a Beretta, etc.
>>
> I finished Blue Shift last night. Having played HL1 through a bunch of
> times, it was a refreshing look at the game from another persons
> perspective. I did see that the character models all got a needed
> facelift :)  It appears that some things got better looking textures too.
> I'm also going through HL1 again to have a look at whatever new was popped
> in.
> McG.

Lot of folk moaned how short it was when BS came out but IIRC it was cheap
when released and with the high-def pack for HL and OpFor as well I thought
it was worthwhile. Was never going to set the world alight but worthwhile.
Anonymous
September 11, 2005 8:36:35 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

"Shawk" <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> wrote in message
news:1126434739.32045.0@damia.uk.clara.net...
>
> "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:Q0TUe.2783$S26.1782@tornado.texas.rr.com...
>>
>> "Sketch" <no@nah.nut> wrote in message news:D g0if9$3f2$1@news.tamu.edu...
>>>> Original BS looked much the same as original HL - easiest thing to spot
>>>> in the update is things like ties - in original this kind of detail was
>>>> just 'painted' onto the shirt. IIRC - the pack only affects the
>>>> models.
>>>
>>> Weapons got upgraded, too. The Glock got replaced with a Beretta, etc.
>>>
>> I finished Blue Shift last night. Having played HL1 through a bunch of
>> times, it was a refreshing look at the game from another persons
>> perspective. I did see that the character models all got a needed
>> facelift :)  It appears that some things got better looking textures too.
>> I'm also going through HL1 again to have a look at whatever new was
>> popped in.
>> McG.
>
> Lot of folk moaned how short it was when BS came out but IIRC it was cheap
> when released and with the high-def pack for HL and OpFor as well I
> thought it was worthwhile. Was never going to set the world alight but
> worthwhile.
>
>
Yep. I think folks that played HL oughtta play OF and BS right after it :) 
They sorta just go together.
McG.
Anonymous
September 11, 2005 10:47:43 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Sketch wrote:
>>Original BS looked much the same as original HL - easiest thing to spot in
>>the update is things like ties - in original this kind of detail was just
>>'painted' onto the shirt. IIRC - the pack only affects the models.
>
>
> Weapons got upgraded, too. The Glock got replaced with a Beretta, etc.

Original weapon stats are still in effect though (i.e. M4 does the same
damage as the original MP5, Beretta does the same damage as the original
Glock, etc).
Anonymous
September 11, 2005 10:47:44 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

"GFree" <neon@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:4323f635$1@duster.adelaide.on.net...
> Sketch wrote:
>>>Original BS looked much the same as original HL - easiest thing to spot
>>>in the update is things like ties - in original this kind of detail was
>>>just 'painted' onto the shirt. IIRC - the pack only affects the models.
>>
>>
>> Weapons got upgraded, too. The Glock got replaced with a Beretta, etc.
>
> Original weapon stats are still in effect though (i.e. M4 does the same
> damage as the original MP5, Beretta does the same damage as the original
> Glock, etc).

Was kinda irksome that Barney didn't pick up a crossbow though. Wasn't as
much to USE it on till late in the game. But it still would have been fun
to have a scope at least :) 
McG.
Anonymous
September 12, 2005 7:34:24 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005, McGrandpa wrote:

> I think folks that played HL oughtta play OF and BS right after it :) 
> They sorta just go together.

Shameless plug: And then they should continue with my own mod Xen-Warrior
which shows the event from yet another perspective ;) .

--
Werner Spahl (spahl@cup.uni-muenchen.de) Freedom for
"The meaning of my life is to make me crazy" Vorlonships
Anonymous
September 12, 2005 7:40:46 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005, Sketch wrote:

> Weapons got upgraded, too. The Glock got replaced with a Beretta, etc.

Which didn't make much sense because the Glock actually can fire under
water, but the Bretta can't. Similar regarding the MP5 sharing ammo...

--
Werner Spahl (spahl@cup.uni-muenchen.de) Freedom for
"The meaning of my life is to make me crazy" Vorlonships
Anonymous
September 12, 2005 9:33:26 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005, Highlandish wrote:

> Quoth The Raven: Werner Spahl <spahl@cup.uni-muenchen.de> in
> Pine.LNX.4.58.0509121532460.19747@localhost
> > Shameless plug: And then they should continue with my own mod
> > Xen-Warrior which shows the event from yet another perspective ;) .
>
> where can i get it?

Oops, usual place of course: search for xenwar on fileplanet. This time
you'll play an alien grunt and you even get a kind of alien hazard course.
I didn't build the levels myself but modified the great but discontinued
first HL Chronicles mappack so you'll visit Black Mesa locations again and
of course meet Gordon in a way you probably remember from the other side.

--
Werner Spahl (spahl@cup.uni-muenchen.de) Freedom for
"The meaning of my life is to make me crazy" Vorlonships
Anonymous
September 13, 2005 1:54:33 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

"Werner Spahl" <spahl@cup.uni-muenchen.de> wrote in message
news:p ine.LNX.4.58.0509121532460.19747@localhost...
> On Sun, 11 Sep 2005, McGrandpa wrote:
>
>> I think folks that played HL oughtta play OF and BS right after it :) 
>> They sorta just go together.
>
> Shameless plug: And then they should continue with my own mod Xen-Warrior
> which shows the event from yet another perspective ;) .
>
> --
> Werner Spahl (spahl@cup.uni-muenchen.de) Freedom for
> "The meaning of my life is to make me crazy" Vorlonships

Oh? Is it done? Playable? Where? link plz :) 
McG.
Anonymous
September 13, 2005 3:51:53 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Quoth The Raven: Werner Spahl <spahl@cup.uni-muenchen.de> in
Pine.LNX.4.58.0509121532460.19747@localhost
> Shameless plug: And then they should continue with my own mod
> Xen-Warrior which shows the event from yet another perspective ;) .

where can i get it?

--
There are two kinds of people in this world. Those who believe that
there are two kinds of people, and those who don't. - (Michael Tanin)

Take out the _CURSING to reply to me
Anonymous
September 13, 2005 11:53:47 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Quoth The Raven: Werner Spahl <spahl@cup.uni-muenchen.de> in
Pine.LNX.4.58.0509121728330.19747@localhost
> On Mon, 12 Sep 2005, Highlandish wrote:
>
>> Quoth The Raven: Werner Spahl <spahl@cup.uni-muenchen.de> in
>> Pine.LNX.4.58.0509121532460.19747@localhost
>>> Shameless plug: And then they should continue with my own mod
>>> Xen-Warrior which shows the event from yet another perspective ;) .
>>
>> where can i get it?
>
> Oops, usual place of course: search for xenwar on fileplanet. This
> time you'll play an alien grunt and you even get a kind of alien
> hazard course. I didn't build the levels myself but modified the
> great but discontinued first HL Chronicles mappack so you'll visit
> Black Mesa locations again and of course meet Gordon in a way you
> probably remember from the other side.

thanks

--
Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker?

Take out the _CURSING to reply to me
Anonymous
September 13, 2005 6:48:59 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005, McGrandpa wrote:

"Werner Spahl" <spahl@cup.uni-muenchen.de> wrote in message
> news:p ine.LNX.4.58.0509121532460.19747@localhost...
> >
> > Shameless plug: And then they should continue with my own mod Xen-Warrior
> > which shows the event from yet another perspective ;) .
>
> Oh? Is it done? Playable? Where? link plz :) 

You can find it here:
http://www.fileplanet.com/116559/110000/fileinfo/Half-L...

--
Werner Spahl (spahl@cup.uni-muenchen.de) Freedom for
"The meaning of my life is to make me crazy" Vorlonships
Anonymous
September 14, 2005 1:07:17 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Thanks, in qeue for 55 mins.... then it's mine :) 
Mcg.

"Werner Spahl" <spahl@cup.uni-muenchen.de> wrote in message
news:p ine.LNX.4.58.0509131448110.27396@localhost...
> On Mon, 12 Sep 2005, McGrandpa wrote:
>
> "Werner Spahl" <spahl@cup.uni-muenchen.de> wrote in message
>> news:p ine.LNX.4.58.0509121532460.19747@localhost...
>> >
>> > Shameless plug: And then they should continue with my own mod
>> > Xen-Warrior
>> > which shows the event from yet another perspective ;) .
>>
>> Oh? Is it done? Playable? Where? link plz :) 
>
> You can find it here:
> http://www.fileplanet.com/116559/110000/fileinfo/Half-L...
>
> --
> Werner Spahl (spahl@cup.uni-muenchen.de) Freedom for
> "The meaning of my life is to make me crazy" Vorlonships
!