The hijacking of rec.audio.pro

Last response: in Home Audio
Share
September 22, 2004 11:07:38 AM

I opened up google this morning to look at rec.audio.pro.
16 of the 25 lists were OT WillStG style political ramblings. This is
what we've come to. The hijacking of rec.audio.pro.

I'm thinking if anyone else cares, lets see if we can come up with a
creative way of hijacking redicuous off-topic threads.

Paul

Sep 22, 2004 CBS *admits* Fraud... but! ... was CBS memos obvious...
(58 articles) WillStG Sponsored Links

Sep 21, 2004 Cat Stevens is a terrorist now? (16 articles) WillStG
Sep 21, 2004 Soundcraft Sapphyre (1 article) HKC
Sep 21, 2004 OT Re: CBS *admits* Fraud... but! ... was CBS memos ...
(4 articles) WillStG
Sep 21, 2004 Home Audio Question (9 articles)
skydigger123@hotmail.com
Sep 21, 2004 OT: American Media drops the ball (13 articles) David
Morgan \(MAMS\)
Sep 21, 2004 OT - commercial airliner diverted to Maine because o...
(4 articles) Chris Hornbeck
Sep 21, 2004 OT Re: Changing One's Political Mind (30 articles)
playon
Sep 21, 2004 OT Political (127 articles) playon
Sep 21, 2004 Cat Stevens denied US entry (2 articles) playon
Sep 21, 2004 www.lexis-nexis.com (2 articles) WillStG
Sep 21, 2004 Windows XP SP1 vs. Windows 2000 SP4 (23 articles) playon
Sep 21, 2004 OT: Are you registered to vote? (5 articles) playon
Sep 21, 2004 "Do you think Iraq is better off now than it wa... (8
articles) playon
Sep 21, 2004 fostex M80RP, any opinions? (1 article) Len Milne
Sep 21, 2004 Audio Research Position Available. (3 articles) Carl
Valle
Sep 21, 2004 How can this be? AT4060 Tube Mic (17 articles) Chris
Hornbeck
Sep 21, 2004 NY Times: Sony Set to Exert Influence on Discs (25
articles) Bob Cain
Sep 21, 2004 Being a Hero, drat you, kludge (4 articles) Melissa M.
Dorsey
Sep 21, 2004 Commander In Cheif (2 articles) WillStG
Sep 21, 2004 OT / Bush refused direct orders while in Guard (325
articles) Don Cooper
Sep 21, 2004 OT - commercial airliner diverted to Maine because o...
(6 articles) Don Cooper
Sep 21, 2004 OT: "Do you think Iraq is better off now than i... (2
articles) Bob Cain
Sep 21, 2004 American Media drops the ball (6 articles) George
Sep 21, 2004 Best way to use 2 external writers - 1394 or USB2 ? (18
articles)
Anonymous
September 22, 2004 3:12:22 PM

Paul wrote:

> Sep 21, 2004 Commander In Cheif (2 articles) WillStG

Told ya he couldn't spell.

> Sep 21, 2004 OT / Bush refused direct orders while in Guard (325
> articles) Don Cooper

Do I get the $50,000?
Anonymous
September 22, 2004 4:06:59 PM

I haven't contribvted to the political discovrse here bvt I don't
believe that it is a matter of rec.avdio.pro being "hijacked".

I write to, follow, lvrk, troll, etc. several newsgrovps and I have
done so for many years .... this year definitely does feel different
.... ALL the newsgrovps I follow have been recently invndated with
political discvssion, ramblings, flames, etc.

So, rec.avdio.pro, as special as it is, is no different.

While I do think it is better to have separate grovps for off-topic
stvff (thanks Ty, etc !), I have come to believe that we are in a
very different time ... ovr nation is trvly divided in a way it has
not been in a long time -- and it is reflected in every aspect of ovr
society, from the internet, to the nightly news, to the protests in
the streets.

I am going with the flow becavse the nation is abvzz and people
everywhere can't help themselves from discvssing the fvtvre ... I
personally don't consider that a "hijacking", I consider it a symptom
of the state of ovr vnion.

Bvt, hopefvlly, things will calm down after the election/next war/next
ovtrage and we can get back to attacking the release and thresholding
the ratio !

Cheers,
Jordan

pavl@scorestvdio.com (Pavl) wrote in message news:<9cde3583.0409220607.ddc2a69@posting.google.com>...
> I opened vp google this morning to look at rec.avdio.pro.
> 16 of the 25 lists were OT WillStG style political ramblings. This is
> what we've come to. The hijacking of rec.avdio.pro.
>
> I'm thinking if anyone else cares, lets see if we can come vp with a
> creative way of hijacking redicvovs off-topic threads.
>
> Pavl
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
September 22, 2004 5:36:21 PM

In article <9cde3583.0409220607.ddc2a69@posting.google.com> paul@scorestudio.com writes:

> I opened up google this morning to look at rec.audio.pro.
> 16 of the 25 lists were OT WillStG style political ramblings. This is
> what we've come to. The hijacking of rec.audio.pro.

In the overnight accumulation, I saw about 250 posts of which more
than 150 were about social/political topics (that I skipped over). I
don't have a problem with social chat about barbecue, coffee, and
scotch, and one mention of Cat Stevens is enough.

Fortunately it's easy to skip over those messages because the subject
headers are so obvious. But I'd rather not have them here at all.

September 22, 2004 8:28:27 PM

In article <41519657.27D2E19B@comcast.net>,
Don Cooper <dcooper28800@comcast.net> wrote:

> Paul wrote:
>
> > Sep 21, 2004 Commander In Cheif (2 articles) WillStG
>

> Told ya he couldn't spell.
>

> > Sep 21, 2004 OT / Bush refused direct orders while in Guard (325
> > articles) Don Cooper
>

> Do I get the $50,000?

Don I think that was one of the few I actually started
But we can share the prize money :-)
George
Anonymous
September 22, 2004 9:09:35 PM

Do I get a prize?

On 22 Sep 2004 07:07:38 -0700, paul@scorestudio.com (Paul) wrote:

>I opened up google this morning to look at rec.audio.pro.
>16 of the 25 lists were OT WillStG style political ramblings. This is
>what we've come to. The hijacking of rec.audio.pro.
>
>I'm thinking if anyone else cares, lets see if we can come up with a
>creative way of hijacking redicuous off-topic threads.
>
>Paul
>

>Sep 22, 2004 CBS *admits* Fraud... but! ... was CBS memos obvious...
>(58 articles) WillStG Sponsored Links
>

>Sep 21, 2004 Cat Stevens is a terrorist now? (16 articles) WillStG
>Sep 21, 2004 Soundcraft Sapphyre (1 article) HKC
>Sep 21, 2004 OT Re: CBS *admits* Fraud... but! ... was CBS memos ...
>(4 articles) WillStG
>Sep 21, 2004 Home Audio Question (9 articles)
>skydigger123@hotmail.com
>Sep 21, 2004 OT: American Media drops the ball (13 articles) David
>Morgan \(MAMS\)
>Sep 21, 2004 OT - commercial airliner diverted to Maine because o...
>(4 articles) Chris Hornbeck
>Sep 21, 2004 OT Re: Changing One's Political Mind (30 articles)
>playon
>Sep 21, 2004 OT Political (127 articles) playon
>Sep 21, 2004 Cat Stevens denied US entry (2 articles) playon
>Sep 21, 2004 www.lexis-nexis.com (2 articles) WillStG
>Sep 21, 2004 Windows XP SP1 vs. Windows 2000 SP4 (23 articles) playon
>Sep 21, 2004 OT: Are you registered to vote? (5 articles) playon
>Sep 21, 2004 "Do you think Iraq is better off now than it wa... (8
>articles) playon
>Sep 21, 2004 fostex M80RP, any opinions? (1 article) Len Milne
>Sep 21, 2004 Audio Research Position Available. (3 articles) Carl
>Valle
>Sep 21, 2004 How can this be? AT4060 Tube Mic (17 articles) Chris
>Hornbeck
>Sep 21, 2004 NY Times: Sony Set to Exert Influence on Discs (25
>articles) Bob Cain
>Sep 21, 2004 Being a Hero, drat you, kludge (4 articles) Melissa M.
>Dorsey
>Sep 21, 2004 Commander In Cheif (2 articles) WillStG
>Sep 21, 2004 OT / Bush refused direct orders while in Guard (325
>articles) Don Cooper
>Sep 21, 2004 OT - commercial airliner diverted to Maine because o...
>(6 articles) Don Cooper
>Sep 21, 2004 OT: "Do you think Iraq is better off now than i... (2
>articles) Bob Cain
>Sep 21, 2004 American Media drops the ball (6 articles) George
>Sep 21, 2004 Best way to use 2 external writers - 1394 or USB2 ? (18
>articles)
Anonymous
September 22, 2004 10:05:12 PM

>In article <9cde3583.0409220607.ddc2a69@posting.google.com>
>paul@scorestudio.com writes:
>
>> I opened up google this morning to look at rec.audio.pro.
>> 16 of the 25 lists were OT WillStG style political ramblings. This is
>> what we've come to. The hijacking of rec.audio.pro.
>
>In the overnight accumulation, I saw about 250 posts of which more
>than 150 were about social/political topics (that I skipped over). I
>don't have a problem with social chat about barbecue, coffee, and
>scotch, and one mention of Cat Stevens is enough.
>
>Fortunately it's easy to skip over those messages because the subject
>headers are so obvious. But I'd rather not have them here at all.
>
>--
>I'm really Mike Rivers (mrivers@d-and-d.com)

Yea, a worthwhile and meaningful comment.

My killfile is taking up a lotsa space and is added to daily. It would be nice
to see and read topics that relate this newsgroup.

"Professional audio recording and studio engineering" is what the description
reads.

--Wayne

-"sounded good to me"-
Anonymous
September 22, 2004 10:09:45 PM

Jordan Leff wrote:

> While I do think it is better to have separate groups for off-topic
> stuff (thanks Ty, etc !),

What did Ty do, again?
Anonymous
September 23, 2004 12:25:43 AM

Jordan Leff <jordan@uhfweb.com> wrote:

> I have come to believe that we are in a
> very different time ... our nation is truly divided in a way it has
> not been in a long time --

What makes you think this group is limited to one nation?

Lars

--
lars farm // http://www.farm.se
Anonymous

In article <1gkjcve.12vnvko100lh1wN%mail.addr.can.be.found@www.farm.se&gt;,
mail.addr.can.be.found@www.farm.se (Lars Farm) wrote:

> Jordan Leff <jordan@uhfweb.com> wrote:
>
> > I have come to believe that we are in a
> > very different time ... our nation is truly divided in a way it has
> > not been in a long time --
>
> What makes you think this group is limited to one nation?
>
> Lars

Probably the same thing that powers so many Americans' view of the world: myopia.

-Jay
September 23, 2004 2:23:54 AM

paul@scorestudio.com (Paul) wrote in message

> I'm thinking if anyone else cares, lets see if we can come up with a
> creative way of hijacking redicuous off-topic threads.
>
> Paul

We can all leave rec.audio. pro and go to rec.audio. misc.  Leave the
OT posting here at .pro.

Then when OT threads follow us to .misc, we jump back to .pro.

If they follow us back to .pro... more severe measures will need to be
taken. We will have to jump to .opinion and let the locals there eat
our OT posters alive.

Peter
Anonymous
September 23, 2004 2:23:55 AM

TheCatsPjamas wrote:

> We can all leave rec.audio. pro and go to rec.audio. misc.  Leave the
> OT posting here at .pro.
>
> Then when OT threads follow us to .misc, we jump back to .pro.
>
> If they follow us back to .pro... more severe measures will need to be
> taken. We will have to jump to .opinion and let the locals there eat
> our OT posters alive.

Pure genius.

You start.
Anonymous
September 23, 2004 2:33:58 AM

Ty Ford wrote:

> Maybe a mass mailing by all of us to fill their mail boxes?

What was that you were saying about control issues? You are
about the only one here clearly evidencing that particular
problem. Seeing control issues in people acting freely is
just projectng your own problem on others. The sentence
above dispels any doubt that you could use some help. It
reeks of delusions of grandeur not to mention promoting an
illegal action. In light of what has hit my mailbox in the
last four or five days you've got me seriously thinking
about walking back the cat.

What about the effect that your huge, repetitive FAQ posting
has on about the only people here who have a legitimate
bitch, those who for some unknown reason download all the
posts to read them? Your behavior is simply petulant and
malicious. You make it all too easy to simply discount your
insufferable self rightousness.

And why, one more time, is your nose even in the threads you
so despise? That is _very_ wierd behavior. You've been
asked that by any number of people. What's up with that?

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein
Anonymous
September 23, 2004 3:34:35 AM

Lars Farm wrote:
> Jordan Leff <jordan@uhfweb.com> wrote:
>
>>I have come to believe that we are in a
>>very different time ... our nation is truly divided in a way it has
>>not been in a long time --
>
> What makes you think this group is limited to one nation?

Spot on comment.

--
***My real address is m/ike at u/nmusic d/ot co dot u/k (removing /s)
np:

>From: Jay Kadis jay@ccrma.stanford.edu
>Date: 9/22/2004 4:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time
>
>In article <1gkjcve.12vnvko100lh1wN%mail.addr.can.be.found@www.farm.se&gt;,
> mail.addr.can.be.found@www.farm.se (Lars Farm) wrote:
>
>> Jordan Leff <jordan@uhfweb.com> wrote:
>>
>> > I have come to believe that we are in a
>> > very different time ... our nation is truly divided in a way it has
>> > not been in a long time --
>>
>> What makes you think this group is limited to one nation?
>>
>> Lars
>
>Probably the same thing that powers so many Americans' view of the world:
>myopia.
>
>-Jay

Or... maybe something far more insidious... i.e. a genuine mistake?
Sheesh.

>--
>x------- Jay Kadis ------- x---- Jay's Attic Studio ------x
>x Lecturer, Audio Engineer x Dexter Records x
>x CCRMA, Stanford University x http://www.offbeats.com/ x
>x---------- http://ccrma.stanford.edu/~jay/ ------------x

-John Vice
www.summertimestudios.com
Anonymous
September 23, 2004 1:16:03 PM

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 01:33:58 -0400, Bob Cain wrote
(in article <citmev048q@enews1.newsguy.com>):

> Ty Ford wrote:
>
>> Maybe a mass mailing by all of us to fill their mail boxes?
>
> What was that you were saying about control issues? You are
> about the only one here clearly evidencing that particular
> problem. Seeing control issues in people acting freely is
> just projectng your own problem on others. The sentence
> above dispels any doubt that you could use some help. It
> reeks of delusions of grandeur not to mention promoting an
> illegal action. In light of what has hit my mailbox in the
> last four or five days you've got me seriously thinking
> about walking back the cat.
>
> What about the effect that your huge, repetitive FAQ posting
> has on about the only people here who have a legitimate
> bitch, those who for some unknown reason download all the
> posts to read them? Your behavior is simply petulant and
> malicious. You make it all too easy to simply discount your
> insufferable self rightousness.
>
> And why, one more time, is your nose even in the threads you
> so despise? That is _very_ wierd behavior. You've been
> asked that by any number of people. What's up with that?
>

> Bob

Bob, Clearly we disagree. It's is you and the other weirdos who have lack of
control issues. You should really get a room...literally and figuratively.

Your assessment that I am self righteous is (as usual) piteously off target.
AS has been pointed out to you many times before, you are the ones pooping on
the footpath and expecting us to ignore it. Stop pooping or go somewhere
else.

Unlike you , Bob, when I see a problem, I do more than argue about it in
absurdium in the wrong place.

With failing respect,

Ty Ford

stuff are at www.tyford.com
Anonymous
September 23, 2004 3:32:35 PM

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 22:33:58 -0700, Bob Cain
<arcane@arcanemethods.com> wrote:

>Ty Ford wrote:
>
>> Maybe a mass mailing by all of us to fill their mail boxes?
>
>What was that you were saying about control issues? You are
>about the only one here clearly evidencing that particular
>problem.

No kidding...

Al
Anonymous
September 23, 2004 3:36:04 PM

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 09:16:03 -0400, Ty Ford <tyreeford@comcast.net>
wrote:

>On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 01:33:58 -0400, Bob Cain wrote
>(in article <citmev048q@enews1.newsguy.com>):
>

>> Ty Ford wrote:
>>
>>> Maybe a mass mailing by all of us to fill their mail boxes?
>>
>> What was that you were saying about control issues? You are
>> about the only one here clearly evidencing that particular
>> problem. Seeing control issues in people acting freely is
>> just projectng your own problem on others. The sentence
>> above dispels any doubt that you could use some help. It
>> reeks of delusions of grandeur not to mention promoting an
>> illegal action. In light of what has hit my mailbox in the
>> last four or five days you've got me seriously thinking
>> about walking back the cat.
>>
>> What about the effect that your huge, repetitive FAQ posting
>> has on about the only people here who have a legitimate
>> bitch, those who for some unknown reason download all the
>> posts to read them? Your behavior is simply petulant and
>> malicious. You make it all too easy to simply discount your
>> insufferable self rightousness.
>>
>> And why, one more time, is your nose even in the threads you
>> so despise? That is _very_ wierd behavior. You've been
>> asked that by any number of people. What's up with that?
>>

>> Bob
>>

>Bob, Clearly we disagree. It's is you and the other weirdos who have lack of
>control issues. You should really get a room...literally and figuratively.
>
>Your assessment that I am self righteous is (as usual) piteously off target.
>AS has been pointed out to you many times before, you are the ones pooping on
>the footpath and expecting us to ignore it. Stop pooping or go somewhere
>else.
>
>Unlike you , Bob, when I see a problem, I do more than argue about it in
>absurdium in the wrong place.

Ty, I'd have more respect for your wishes if you go after the other OT
postings about scotch and barbeque as much as you do the political
stuff. Is there something about the political topics that
particularly get under your skin?

How about the long topics that start on-topic but by the 10th reply
have degraded into OT insults and pissing contests? Some of these go
on for weeks too. You going to police them? Where will you fairly
draw the line? Who decides? You? Why you?

Al
Anonymous
September 23, 2004 5:47:11 PM

Bob Cain wrote:

> What was that you were saying about control issues? You are
> about the only one here clearly evidencing that particular
> problem.

Losing a Dave Martin in trade for politics doesn't make a whole lot of
sense to me. And he ain't the only one to bail.

--
ha
Anonymous

hank alrich wrote:

> This group _can_ be rendered useless to anybody serious about their
> audio and music just by remaining so far off-topic so much of the time
> that no one who knows a potentiometer from a speaker pedestal will
> bother to participate.
>
> Need we subject rec.audio.pro to the tragedy of the commons? Has no one
> who would seek to change the world by posting politics here sufficient
> restraint to abide by parameters that _allow_ a group to be unmoderated?

Hank, with all due respect (and much of it),

What?
Anonymous
September 23, 2004 7:18:13 PM

Ty Ford wrote:

> Unlike you , Bob, when I see a problem, I do more than argue about it in
> absurdium in the wrong place.

He's right about mailbombing, though. Definitely _not_ OK.

--
Phil Nelson
Anonymous

Don Cooper wrote:

> hank alrich wrote:

> > This group _can_ be rendered useless to anybody serious about their
> > audio and music just by remaining so far off-topic so much of the time
> > that no one who knows a potentiometer from a speaker pedestal will
> > bother to participate.

> > Need we subject rec.audio.pro to the tragedy of the commons? Has no one
> > who would seek to change the world by posting politics here sufficient
> > restraint to abide by parameters that _allow_ a group to be unmoderated?

> What?

'Xactly what I wrote. Anarchy only works if people can self-govern
themselves _individually_.

--
ha
Anonymous

George wrote:

> I agree the one thing more destructive to a NG than OT post is the netcop

Usenet charters exist to provide forums for specfic interests; if a
sufficient number of people cannot abide by a charter, a group can
easily descend into the depths if murky uselessness, and we are
certainly skirting the edge of that murk. For a whole lot of very well
informed and deeply experienced professional audio practitioners, the
depths of that murk became unacceptable quite some time ago.

Why do you attempt to justify continued and voluminous off-topic
posting? What do you figure you or the group will gain from it?

--
ha
Anonymous

hank alrich wrote:

> 'Xactly what I wrote. Anarchy only works if people can self-govern
> themselves _individually_.

Thank you.
September 23, 2004 11:24:02 PM

In article <1gkkf15.47shrcvdcn40N%walkinay@thegrid.net>,
walkinay@thegrid.net (hank alrich) wrote:

> George wrote:
>
> > I agree the one thing more destructive to a NG than OT post is the netcop
>
> Usenet charters exist to provide forums for specfic interests; if a
> sufficient number of people cannot abide by a charter, a group can
> easily descend into the depths if murky uselessness, and we are
> certainly skirting the edge of that murk. For a whole lot of very well
> informed and deeply experienced professional audio practitioners, the
> depths of that murk became unacceptable quite some time ago.
>
> Why do you attempt to justify continued and voluminous off-topic
> posting? What do you figure you or the group will gain from it?
>
> --
> ha

even if all audio disappeared tomorrow I would still hope to have a
country worth living in and for
I am hopeing to help rebuild the faith in America that GW has destroyed

Audio is secondairy to freedom
if people assume that "everybody" supports the president and his immoral
attacks on other countries , they may never question his motives or
actions
I intend to give them a chance to pause and reflect in thier lives on
issues bigger than audio
George
Anonymous
September 23, 2004 11:59:37 PM

>Is there something about the political topics that
>particularly get under your skin?

Political topics don't get under my skin..the logic used to argue them
does..and this can make someone question other opinions. I care about how we
think..not what we think.

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637
Anonymous
September 24, 2004 12:05:48 AM

>> 'Xactly what I wrote. Anarchy only works if people can self-govern
>> themselves _individually_.

Therefore...it never works.

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637
Anonymous
September 24, 2004 12:41:33 AM

>I'm thinking if anyone else cares, lets see if we can come up with a
>creative way of hijacking redicuous off-topic threads.

The first thing I would do is learn to spell ridiculous.

The second thing I would do is to not respond to those threads.

Unfortunately I only got to the first thing.

Richard H. Kuschel
September 24, 2004 12:53:13 AM

pro audio gear is boring. this is an election year. people are
enthralled by war, not mics, unless mics are used in war. hey, is that
a neumann in that missle launcher?
September 24, 2004 1:14:29 AM

If you can get the consciense of the group to fly below the political
radar I would have nothing to reply to
we have contained this over at aapls
by massivly ignoring it and shouting down even the most valued poster
who starts it up

should work here as well
flood the group with on topic posts
I have no problem not responding to posts that don't exist
or let it run its course though
I expect a huge flare up just before and after nov 2nd
September 24, 2004 2:01:58 AM

George wrote:

> If you can get the consciense of the group to fly below the political
> radar I would have nothing to reply to
> we have contained this over at aapls
> by massivly ignoring it and shouting down even the most valued poster
> who starts it up

> should work here as well
> flood the group with on topic posts
> I have no problem not responding to posts that don't exist
> or let it run its course though
> I expect a huge flare up just before and after nov 2nd

I see: it's up to others to control yourself. Shouting down? What place
does that have in dialog? What would work perfectly well is to let
robots have the last word and then ignore them in the future. As long as
we keep shitting in the salad RAP gets the same old dressing.

--
ha
Anonymous

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 17:07:35 -0400, hank alrich wrote
(in article <1gkkk0i.1s30b9sn1sbqcN%walkinay@thegrid.net>):

> By now the lurkers on the fence have heard enough that they can evaluate
> plenty. Thinking one will thwart the opposition in rec.audio.pro is like
> calling birdshit on a salad "dressing".

Truer words were never spoken.

Ty Ford

stuff are at www.tyford.com
Anonymous
September 24, 2004 2:57:38 AM

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 17:14:29 -0400, George wrote
(in article <g.p.gleason-4F8A89.17143523092004@netnews.worldnet.att.net>):

> If you can get the consciense of the group to fly below the political
> radar I would have nothing to reply to
> we have contained this over at aapls
> by massivly ignoring it and shouting down even the most valued poster
> who starts it up
>
> should work here as well
> flood the group with on topic posts
> I have no problem not responding to posts that don't exist
> or let it run its course though
> I expect a huge flare up just before and after nov 2nd

George, please get back on your medication.

Ty

stuff are at www.tyford.com
September 24, 2004 3:05:04 AM

i tell you what I will refrain for a week
now work on the others

If it is still going on next thursday at 5pm it is clear I am not the
problem and I will feel again free to counter the right wing bullshit
parade
George
Anonymous
September 24, 2004 3:23:28 AM

"Paul" <paul@scorestudio.com> wrote in message
>I opened up google this morning to look at rec.audio.pro.
> 16 of the 25 lists were OT WillStG style political ramblings. This is
> what we've come to. The hijacking of rec.audio.pro.
>
> I'm thinking if anyone else cares, lets see if we can come up with a
> creative way of hijacking redicuous off-topic threads.
>
> Paul

And another couple of dozen whinging about those ones ....

geoff
Anonymous
September 24, 2004 3:34:15 AM

"George" <g.p.gleason@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:g.p.gleason-D7A57A.19051123092004@netnews.worldnet.att.net...

> i tell you what I will refrain for a week
> now work on the others
>
> If it is still going on next thursday at 5pm it is clear I am not the
> problem and I will feel again free to counter the right wing bullshit
> parade
> George

That's exactly the stance that I took a couple of weeks ago... as long
as Will M. didn't regurgitate anything, I did not post in a political thread.
I kept it up for about a week and crumbled after his return. I did not
address him directly but twice, and I never hit his follow-ups to me.
My political posting has fallen to an ocassional comment... nothing
more.

But it was funny to note, that during the days Will was gone political
posts dropped to virtually none. For every one post he makes, three
to six people refute him... so tell me, where is the *real* "problem"?

DM
Anonymous
September 24, 2004 3:34:16 AM

"David Morgan (MAMS)" wrote:

> But it was funny to note, that during the days Will was gone political
> posts dropped to virtually none. For every one post he makes, three
> to six people refute him... so tell me, where is the *real* "problem"?

I only refute ( or agree with) the refutals. It's part of a 12-step program.

: )
Anonymous
September 24, 2004 4:21:43 AM

>i tell you what I will refrain for a week
>now work on the others

If we all refrain no one will have to "work on" anyone. Let's try it.

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637
Anonymous
September 24, 2004 4:46:59 AM

>>i tell you what I will refrain for a week
>>now work on the others
>>

>If we all refrain no one will have to "work on" anyone. Let's try it.
>

>John A. Chiara
>SOS Recording Studio
>Live Sound Inc.
>Albany, NY
>www.sosrecording.net
>518-449-1637

"Sounds" like the correct plan to follow.
Good word John

--Wayne

-"sounded good to me"-
Anonymous
September 24, 2004 5:16:39 AM

<< blindjoni@aol.com (Blind Joni)
<< If we all refrain no one will have to "work on" anyone. Let's try it. >>

Thanks John. And take note gentlemen - I didn't start the so-called "15
off-topic Willstg style threads", that was Al and George and Jake etc., and
when a bunch of guys jump all over me at once when I respond to one of them,
that's all *my* fault?

I'll admit to the sin of "bloviating" and I'll take the same heat as
anyone else. But spare me the disinegenous hypocrisy from people who have
participated in these threads themselves (like David and Hank, and Don and Al
certainly haven't a leg to stand on either). Suggesting that if I would just
allow myself to be shouted down by a crowd there would be no problem is just a
bit too Conveeeeenient,

But then, finger pointing *is* what some people here do best (and I don't
mean Ty Ford.)

Will Miho
NY Music & TV Audio Guy
Off the Morning Show! & sleepin' In... / Fox News
September 24, 2004 6:48:32 AM

David Morgan (MAMS) wrote:

> But it was funny to note, that during the days Will was gone political
> posts dropped to virtually none. For every one post he makes, three
> to six people refute him... so tell me, where is the *real* "problem"?

Do the math. The view opposing Will's is the "*real*" problem, by 3-6 X.

--
Phil Nelson
Anonymous

Phil Nelson wrote:

> > But it was funny to note, that during the days Will was gone political
> > posts dropped to virtually none. For every one post he makes, three
> > to six people refute him... so tell me, where is the *real* "problem"?
>
> Do the math. The view opposing Will's is the "*real*" problem, by 3-6 X.

That's why I recommended the KF. The S/N would greatly improve.
Anonymous
September 24, 2004 10:30:36 AM

At this point, the discussion of off-topic posts has become a metasubject,
and is taking up more bandwidth than the off-topic posts themselves. So I've
a suggestion. Let's stop posting on off-topic threads, and let's stop
yelling about how we don't like off-topic threads. Just say no. Better yet,
just talk about audio.

Peace,
Paul
Anonymous
September 24, 2004 12:53:41 PM

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 23:53:13 -0400, bayydogg wrote
(in article <2bd18a8f.0409231953.3e5274ce@posting.google.com>):

> pro audio gear is boring. this is an election year. people are
> enthralled by war, not mics, unless mics are used in war. hey, is that
> a neumann in that missle launcher?

I find elections and the political process are exponentially more boring than

Ty Ford

stuff are at www.tyford.com
Anonymous
September 24, 2004 3:39:35 PM

> I find elections and the political process are exponentially more boring than
>
> Ty Ford

You're not boring, Ty.

: )
Anonymous
September 24, 2004 10:55:39 PM

"Ty Ford" <tyreeford@comcast.net> wrote in message news:0t-

> Bob, Clearly we disagree. It's is you and the other weirdos who have lack
> of
> control issues.

"Other wierdos" could be taken several ways Ty ;-)

Actually, hijacking is a strange analogy. There are not many obviously
hijacked busses that people who object to hijacking conciously make the
effort to get on board of.

geoff
Anonymous
September 24, 2004 10:55:40 PM

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 02:55:39 -0400, Geoff Wood wrote
(in article <_xP4d.5088$mZ2.454478@news02.tsnz.net>):

> "Ty Ford" <tyreeford@comcast.net> wrote in message news:0t-
>>
>> Bob, Clearly we disagree. It's is you and the other weirdos who have lack
>> of
>> control issues.
>
> "Other wierdos" could be taken several ways Ty ;-)
>
> Actually, hijacking is a strange analogy. There are not many obviously
> hijacked busses that people who object to hijacking conciously make the
> effort to get on board of.
>
> geoff

Geoff,

I encourage your bemusement.

Regards,

Ty

stuff are at www.tyford.com
Anonymous
September 24, 2004 11:05:22 PM

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 08:53:41 -0400, Ty Ford <tyreeford@comcast.net>
wrote:

>On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 23:53:13 -0400, bayydogg wrote
>(in article <2bd18a8f.0409231953.3e5274ce@posting.google.com>):
>
>> pro audio gear is boring. this is an election year. people are
>> enthralled by war, not mics, unless mics are used in war. hey, is that
>> a neumann in that missle launcher?
>
>I find elections and the political process are exponentially more boring than

So I guess that's why you single them out over, say the "Scott Dorsey
Is A Pig" thread.
Anonymous
September 25, 2004 1:28:30 PM

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 22:05:22 -0400, playon wrote
(in article <qhk9l0hvclmq76p69gi9f3bu6bdcivjdn5@4ax.com>):

> On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 08:53:41 -0400, Ty Ford <tyreeford@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 23:53:13 -0400, bayydogg wrote
>> (in article <2bd18a8f.0409231953.3e5274ce@posting.google.com>):
>>
>>> pro audio gear is boring. this is an election year. people are
>>> enthralled by war, not mics, unless mics are used in war. hey, is that
>>> a neumann in that missle launcher?
>>
>> I find elections and the political process are exponentially more boring
>> than
>>

> So I guess that's why you single them out over, say the "Scott Dorsey
> Is A Pig" thread.

What an OLD and tired comeback. You weed the garden one weed at a time. How
about helping instead of adding to the problem.

Ty Ford

stuff are at www.tyford.com
Anonymous
September 25, 2004 1:51:50 PM

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 09:28:30 -0400, Ty Ford <tyreeford@comcast.net>
wrote:

>On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 22:05:22 -0400, playon wrote
>(in article <qhk9l0hvclmq76p69gi9f3bu6bdcivjdn5@4ax.com>):
>
>> On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 08:53:41 -0400, Ty Ford <tyreeford@comcast.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 23:53:13 -0400, bayydogg wrote
>>> (in article <2bd18a8f.0409231953.3e5274ce@posting.google.com>):

>>> I find elections and the political process are exponentially more boring
>>> than
>>>

>> So I guess that's why you single them out over, say the "Scott Dorsey
>> Is A Pig" thread.
>

>What an OLD and tired comeback. You weed the garden one weed at a time. How
>about helping instead of adding to the problem.

You are avoiding the point. You have always rankled more about OT
political posts than anything else, this is not a recent thing. Oh
yeah, if I mention my favorite mic at the end, does that make this
post OK?

Al
!