v300 vs v600

Last response: in Brands
Share
August 24, 2004 7:54:39 AM

I currently have a V300 and have the opportunity to obtain a v600 for a
decent price. Is it worth the upgrade? I like the v300...i like the blue
"scratch resistant" outside, I think the reception is better than my old
t-mobile phone, I think its a very solid phone overall (don't use the camera
much really). However, I would like the bluetooth.

Also, what's with the quad band? For some reason T-mobile's advertized
verion of the v600 is only triband (no 850 band) although the ones sold by
Motorola and others are quad. Where is 850 used, and does it make a
difference?

Thanks

More about : v300 v600

Anonymous
August 24, 2004 7:52:45 PM

"JD" <jdaly3@nyc.rr.com> wrote in message
> I currently have a V300 and have the opportunity to obtain a v600 for a
> decent price. Is it worth the upgrade? I like the v300...i like the blue
> "scratch resistant" outside, I think the reception is better than my old
> t-mobile phone, I think its a very solid phone overall (don't use the
camera
> much really). However, I would like the bluetooth.

Then go for it! You just conviced yourself :)

> Also, what's with the quad band? For some reason T-mobile's advertized
> verion of the v600 is only triband (no 850 band) although the ones sold by
> Motorola and others are quad. Where is 850 used, and does it make a
> difference?

I think that T-Mobile have misprinted that one, I'd like to see them remove
functionality like that.

The 850MHz band is used in some South American countries.

Hope this helps,

--
Antz,
Part of the UKtm family

Rogers Wireless in Canada uses the 850 band.

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 15:52:45 +0100, ">-©LuVbuG©-<"
<anthony_deadabo@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"JD" <jdaly3@nyc.rr.com> wrote in message
>> I currently have a V300 and have the opportunity to obtain a v600 for a
>> decent price. Is it worth the upgrade? I like the v300...i like the blue
>> "scratch resistant" outside, I think the reception is better than my old
>> t-mobile phone, I think its a very solid phone overall (don't use the
>camera
>> much really). However, I would like the bluetooth.
>>

>Then go for it! You just conviced yourself :)
>
>> Also, what's with the quad band? For some reason T-mobile's advertized
>> verion of the v600 is only triband (no 850 band) although the ones sold by
>> Motorola and others are quad. Where is 850 used, and does it make a
>> difference?
>>

>I think that T-Mobile have misprinted that one, I'd like to see them remove
>functionality like that.
>
>The 850MHz band is used in some South American countries.
>
>Hope this helps,
August 24, 2004 7:52:47 PM

* Reply by Jack D. Russell, Sr. <jackru$$ell2@notmail.com>
* Newsgroup: alt.cellular.motorola
* Reply to: All; "Khris" <khris.phillipsNOSPAM@gmail.com>
* Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 11:35:30 -0500 GMT
* Subj: Re: v300 vs v600

K>Rogers Wireless in Canada uses the 850 band.

So does Cingular in some parts of America.
--
Jack
August 24, 2004 8:11:58 PM

Actually, someone from T-Mobile told me that the phone they sell is sold as
tri band, not quad, because T-Mobile doesn't support 850 anywhere. I asked
if it was the same phone as Motorola sells (i.e. has the quad band feature
if you used it unlocked) and was told "yes." Not sure if any of that is
accurate or not. I don't know how it all works, but I am not sure what
T-Mobile's capabilities have to do with any of it if I am outside the US
roaming with a Motorola phone on another carrier's service...perhaps what he
meant is that T-Mobile doesn't have roaming agreements with any carriers who
use the 850 band.

He also said the 850 band was an old one that is being phased out...I told
him this did not make sense since more and more carriers are making their
phones quad band and adding 850...

"Khris" <khris.phillipsNOSPAM@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Rogers Wireless in Canada uses the 850 band.
>

> On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 15:52:45 +0100, ">-©LuVbuG©-<"
> <anthony_deadabo@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >"JD" <jdaly3@nyc.rr.com> wrote in message
> >> I currently have a V300 and have the opportunity to obtain a v600 for a
> >> decent price. Is it worth the upgrade? I like the v300...i like the
blue
> >> "scratch resistant" outside, I think the reception is better than my
old
> >> t-mobile phone, I think its a very solid phone overall (don't use the
> >camera
> >> much really). However, I would like the bluetooth.
> >>

> >Then go for it! You just conviced yourself :)
> >
> >> Also, what's with the quad band? For some reason T-mobile's advertized
> >> verion of the v600 is only triband (no 850 band) although the ones sold
by
> >> Motorola and others are quad. Where is 850 used, and does it make a
> >> difference?
> >>

> >I think that T-Mobile have misprinted that one, I'd like to see them
remove
> >functionality like that.
> >
> >The 850MHz band is used in some South American countries.
> >
> >Hope this helps,

Anonymous
August 25, 2004 12:22:31 AM

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 16:11:58 GMT, "JD" <jdaly3@nyc.rr.com> wrote:

>Actually, someone from T-Mobile told me that the phone they sell is sold as
>tri band, not quad, because T-Mobile doesn't support 850 anywhere. I asked
>if it was the same phone as Motorola sells (i.e. has the quad band feature
>if you used it unlocked) and was told "yes." Not sure if any of that is
>accurate or not. I don't know how it all works, but I am not sure what
>T-Mobile's capabilities have to do with any of it if I am outside the US
>roaming with a Motorola phone on another carrier's service...perhaps what he
>meant is that T-Mobile doesn't have roaming agreements with any carriers who
>use the 850 band.
>
>He also said the 850 band was an old one that is being phased out...I told
>him this did not make sense since more and more carriers are making their
>phones quad band and adding 850...

The person you were talking to is an idiot!

The 850 band used to be for Analog....so yes it is old but definately
not being phased out.

I can't see any reason why Motorola would make a tri-band V600....the
fact it's a quadband is a big selling feature.
August 25, 2004 4:01:26 AM

Tmobile turns off the 850 band. You can only use 1900 systems, even in
Canada or S. America.

--
Steve

!