I'm having a lot of trouble with a hotmail account from one of my family members. Since 2 days back she cannot login to her hotmail account anymore, whenever she does it starts loading the page and then jumps to the follow in error:
The connection was reset
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
Here's a few weird things about this problem:
- She CAN login to Windows Live Messenger without any problems
- I CAN login into ANY other hotmail account without any problems on the same computer
- I tried loggin in to her account on serveral different computers (same network), all the same problem
- Even when i try to login using my phone's 3G the same problem occurs
Here's what i tried:
- I checked her computers DNS settings, everything seems fine there
- I tried with both latest versions of Firefox and Internet Explorer
- I removed all history from both browsers (cookies, cache etc)
- As mentioned above i tried loggin in with my phone on 3G
- I checked possible firewall and antivirus settings blocking something, nothing there
- Googled the problem but can't find anything specific, just the same error for other problems
Can anyone help me out please..? I really don't know what to do next.
Here's an other weird fact i just came accross... I just added her account to my e-mail client (Mozilla Thunderbird) and i can receive her e-mail without any problems there and even send e-mails without any problems.
I don't know why but somehow she can login normal again. I really don't know why it suddenly works again, i guess either something with hotmail or adding her account to my e-mail client and downloading all her e-mail fixed it.
I hope is also works for you again!
If you have any questions just ask here or PM.
Unfortunately I don't have a solution to your problem but I have the same problem!
A family member cannot access their hotmail and they get the same error message "The connection was reset..."
Tried using different browsers, same problem.
However, on the same connection, I can access my hotmail fine. All other websites work fine so there's nothing wrong with the connection.