Why does my laptop drop the internet all the tine with my wi-fi?

bitsyc94

Honorable
May 5, 2012
Hello,
My laptop always says internet explorer stopped working all the time. I am running on my cable wi-fi

flank21

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2007
if you were to lose your wireless connection internet explorer would NOT crash, it would simply time out and not load w.e webpage you are trying to load and your computer may display a notification saying something like "not connected/disconnected to/from (insert wireless name here)"

if iexplore.exe stops responding then you may have some addon or something causing it to crash. you can try resetting internet explorer back to default settings, open control panel, double click internet options, go to the programs tab and click reset web settings. Then go to the advanced tab and click restore defaults. BEWARE this may remove all your bookmarks (I don't remember if it does or not)

if that doesn't work you may have some sort of infection on your computer. What's your antivirus?

0shadow

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2011

although ie9 has been lot stable compared to previous ones, firefox and chrome still come handy at times.. give it a try..