Does anyone know what HARM and UNITY stand for in NOLF?

Has anyone worked out what the abbreviated names U.N.I.T.Y.
and H.A.R.M. mean at all?

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 10:45:26 +0930, Kissing Lettuce
<sittingbythepool@internode.on.net> wrote:

>Has anyone worked out what the abbreviated names U.N.I.T.Y.
>and H.A.R.M. mean at all?

Neither acronym is ever explained in game. I don't think they're
supposed to mean anything, it goes along with some of the other tongue
in cheek humour.
--
Alfie
<http://www.delphia.co.uk/>

Quoth The Raven: Alfie [UK] <me@privacy.net> in
pll5h11i6jrdc141tg5q40hru8hg6id2gv@4ax.com
> On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 10:45:26 +0930, Kissing Lettuce
> <sittingbythepool@internode.on.net> wrote:
>
>> Has anyone worked out what the abbreviated names U.N.I.T.Y.
>> and H.A.R.M. mean at all?
>
> Neither acronym is ever explained in game. I don't think they're
> supposed to mean anything, it goes along with some of the other tongue
> in cheek humour.

they do mean something, and it is mentioned at the start of nolf1 during
Cates introduction to unity, and in secret documents found along the
way. however I cant recall what they mean. of course a Google check
might work

--
An ostrich's eye is larger than its brain.

Take out the _CURSING to reply to me

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 21:04:03 +1000, "Highlandish"
<ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au> wrote:

>Quoth The Raven: Alfie [UK] <me@privacy.net> in
>pll5h11i6jrdc141tg5q40hru8hg6id2gv@4ax.com
>> On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 10:45:26 +0930, Kissing Lettuce
>> <sittingbythepool@internode.on.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Has anyone worked out what the abbreviated names U.N.I.T.Y.
>>> and H.A.R.M. mean at all?
>>
>> Neither acronym is ever explained in game. I don't think they're
>> supposed to mean anything, it goes along with some of the other tongue
>> in cheek humour.
>
>they do mean something, and it is mentioned at the start of nolf1 during
>Cates introduction to unity, and in secret documents found along the
>way. however I cant recall what they mean. of course a Google check
>might work

From http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/collective/A2061659

One running joke throughout the game is that neither acronym (U.N.I.T.Y.
& H.A.R.M.) is ever explained. This leads to references in the notes,
files and other intelligence you can collect during a mission, which
bear phrases such as:
'Let's not forget what HARM stands for.'
--
Alfie
<http://www.delphia.co.uk/>

"Kissing Lettuce" <sittingbythepool@internode.on.net> wrote in message
> Has anyone worked out what the abbreviated names U.N.I.T.Y.
> and H.A.R.M. mean at all?

http://db.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/no_one_lives_forever.txt
16.1 OTHER STUFF
----------------
At this point, no one that i know knows what H.A.R.M. stands for. Mention
is made in the Trouble in the Tropics intelligence items of an organization
called 'Hair Alternative Replacement Membership', but if you get all of
the intelligence items, it comes to light that HARM had a trademark dispute
with them and Volkov settled the issue through non-legal means, so it is
unlikely that this is the name.

http://www.answers.com/topic/ernst-stavro-blofeld
In the video game series No One Lives Forever a man simply called "The
director" leads a similar organization called "H.A.R.M.." A running joke
during the series is that no one actually knows what H.A.R.M. stands for.

http://thegluefactory.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1338&highlight=harm