Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

i have new blog site. go to
http://www.livejournal.com/users/butterpants/
you can reed my blog. you can even make coments. :) i cant wate until
someone make coments. please bokmark my blog so you can reed it evry
week. :)

Butter Pants wrote:
> i have new blog site. go to
> http://www.livejournal.com/users/butterpants/
> you can reed my blog. you can even make coments. :) i cant wate until
> someone make coments. please bokmark my blog so you can reed it evry
> week. :)

Lolz Butter!!!

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

I don't understand this blog craze... isn't it just like what we're
doing right now? I've been using Usenet for, I don't know, 11 years or
so. Now everybody is crazy about blogs, and to me it's the same thing!
You post, people respond, it all stays there
What's the big deal? Because you "own" your blog? is that it?

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

Hmm... I still don't understand. Ok, so it's not the same as Usenet
since Usenet is public. But for ages we've had free forums in which we
can invite just the people we want. Yahoo groups, for example. And it
actually has more functionality (you can share files, etc).
I still don't see what makes blog so popular lately

<flightlessvacuum@gmail.com> schreef in bericht

> Butter Pants wrote:
>> i have new blog site. go to
>> http://www.livejournal.com/users/butterpants/
>> you can reed my blog. you can even make coments. :) i cant wate until
>> someone make coments. please bokmark my blog so you can reed it evry
>> week. :)
>
> Lolz Butter!!!

Do you have autoresponse on for BP's posts or something?

Quoth The Raven: Butter Pants <butterpantsforever@yahoo.com> in
1toch1to3cvng9pjuurb0hdcq1armt63b3@4ax.com
> i have new blog site. go to
> http://www.livejournal.com/users/butterpants/
> you can reed my blog. you can even make coments. :) i cant wate until
> someone make coments. please bokmark my blog so you can reed it evry
> week. :)

who else is an LJ'er? my nick is my lj

--
There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly
what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly

Take out the _CURSING to reply to me

KAOS

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 13:18:57 +1000, "Highlandish"
<ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au> dared speak in front of ME:

>Quoth The Raven: Butter Pants <butterpantsforever@yahoo.com> in
>1toch1to3cvng9pjuurb0hdcq1armt63b3@4ax.com
>> i have new blog site. go to
>> http://www.livejournal.com/users/butterpants/
>> you can reed my blog. you can even make coments. :) i cant wate until
>> someone make coments. please bokmark my blog so you can reed it evry
>> week. :)
>
>who else is an LJ'er? my nick is my lj

I'm there, under lianneofkaos. Almost no gaming talk in my blog
though.

--
The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out
the conservative adopts them.

On 1 Sep 2005 06:02:22 -0700, wolfing wrote:

> Now everybody is crazy about blogs, and to me it's the same thing!
> You post, people respond, it all stays there

Blogs are like personality shows. You mostly watch, but can call in to
comment.

> I still don't see what makes blog so popular lately

They are exhibitions of the mind, and for the reader a bit of an act of
mental voyeurism. (Were you never curious what people wrote in their
diaries?) Stimulating discussion isn't usually their focus, it's just just
a by-product.

Blogs are actually an already fading trend. They were more "hip" a couple
years back.

M.

Quoth The Raven: Kaos <kaos@invalid.xplornet.com> in
sq9dh1pngekp3a4c64md5mtn8l8rniimse@4ax.com
> On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 13:18:57 +1000, "Highlandish"
> <ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au> dared speak in front of ME:
>
>> Quoth The Raven: Butter Pants <butterpantsforever@yahoo.com> in
>> 1toch1to3cvng9pjuurb0hdcq1armt63b3@4ax.com
>>> i have new blog site. go to
>>> http://www.livejournal.com/users/butterpants/
>>> you can reed my blog. you can even make coments. :) i cant wate
>>> until someone make coments. please bokmark my blog so you can reed
>>> it evry week. :)
>>
>> who else is an LJ'er? my nick is my lj
>
> I'm there, under lianneofkaos. Almost no gaming talk in my blog
> though.

added! we at least have goth in common

--
Nagging is the repetition of unpalatable truths. -Baroness Edith
Summerskill

Take out the _CURSING to reply to me

thrasher

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2004

On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 09:20:10 -0500, "Sketch" <nah@no.nut> wrote:

>The ones I've seen are just online journals that people can reply to. Like a
>diary with other peoples' comments. Big whoop. I'd say it's a passing
>fascination with yet another online medium.

You'd be wrong!

The main difference is that a lot of bloggers are normal and
functional human beings. There used to be some of those on usenet too,
about 10 years ago.

KAOS

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

On 1 Sep 2005 06:02:22 -0700, "wolfing" <wolfing1@yahoo.com> dared
speak in front of ME:

>I don't understand this blog craze... isn't it just like what we're
>doing right now? I've been using Usenet for, I don't know, 11 years or
>so. Now everybody is crazy about blogs, and to me it's the same thing!

There's a bit of difference. Blogs are more "what does XXX person
want to talk about," usenet is more "Who is talking about XXX
subject."

--

Quoth The Raven: wolfing <wolfing1@yahoo.com> in
1125579742.377773.323500@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com
> I don't understand this blog craze... isn't it just like what we're
> doing right now? I've been using Usenet for, I don't know, 11 years
> or so. Now everybody is crazy about blogs, and to me it's the same
> thing! You post, people respond, it all stays there
> What's the big deal? Because you "own" your blog? is that it?

blogs are generally a personal thing, you open it to people you trust to
share your inner thoughts with. Usenet is topic specific

--
Rare is the person who can weigh the faults of others without putting
his thumb on the scales. - Byron J. Langenfeld

1125580409.840875.23440@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com
> Hmm... I still don't understand. Ok, so it's not the same as Usenet
> since Usenet is public. But for ages we've had free forums in which
> we can invite just the people we want. Yahoo groups, for example.
> And it actually has more functionality (you can share files, etc).
> I still don't see what makes blog so popular lately

meh, I never thought I'd use one, but the people I met on Usenet and in
person all left the newsgroup and went to blogging, the only way I was
to meet up with them in person was to join the new blog to find out
where the next club is

--
Orgasm Donor.

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 20:40:28 GMT, Thrasher wrote:

> The main difference is that a lot of bloggers are normal and
> functional human beings.

Many here would probably question that you are capable of telling whether
someone is a "normal and functional human being". ;)

M.

"Butter Pants" <butterpantsforever@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>i have new blog site. go to
> http://www.livejournal.com/users/butterpants/
> you can reed my blog. you can even make coments. :) i cant wate until
> someone make coments. please bokmark my blog so you can reed it evry
> week. :)

Yeah, I'll bookmark that right off. Looking on the bright side, at least
you won't be posting such nonsense here.

Alanb

Thusly "wolfing" <wolfing1@yahoo.com> Spake Unto All:

>I don't understand this blog craze... isn't it just like what we're
>doing right now? ---
>What's the big deal?

In a blog, everyone can hear you scream.
But noone can talk back.

It's an ego trip.

Pluvious

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2002

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 18:34:59 +0200, Mean_Chlorine
<mike_noren2002@NOSPAMyahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>|Thusly "wolfing" <wolfing1@yahoo.com> Spake Unto All:
>|
>|>I don't understand this blog craze... isn't it just like what we're
>|>doing right now? ---
>|>What's the big deal?
>|
>|In a blog, everyone can hear you scream.
>|But noone can talk back.
>|
>|It's an ego trip.

Blogging jumped the shark about 5 months ago..

Pluvious

"Highlandish" <ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au> wrote:
>Quoth The Raven: Butter Pants <butterpantsforever@yahoo.com> in
>1toch1to3cvng9pjuurb0hdcq1armt63b3@4ax.com
>> i have new blog site. go to
>> http://www.livejournal.com/users/butterpants/
>> you can reed my blog. you can even make coments. :) i cant wate until
>> someone make coments. please bokmark my blog so you can reed it evry
>> week. :)
>
>who else is an LJ'er? my nick is my lj

I'm RastaJew but I didn't update it for a long time.

"wolfing" <wolfing1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hmm... I still don't understand. Ok, so it's not the same as Usenet
> since Usenet is public. But for ages we've had free forums in which we
> can invite just the people we want. Yahoo groups, for example. And it
> actually has more functionality (you can share files, etc).
> I still don't see what makes blog so popular lately

Guess it caters to people's need to to share their thoughts and people's
need to peek into others' thoughts. Sort of like those websites where you
can see someone living their lives in their own homes... except in this case
it is thoughts rather than images.

Bateau <Gamera@work.stomping.aza> once tried to test me with:

> "Highlandish" <ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au> wrote:
>>Quoth The Raven: Butter Pants <butterpantsforever@yahoo.com> in
>>1toch1to3cvng9pjuurb0hdcq1armt63b3@4ax.com
>>> i have new blog site. go to
>>> http://www.livejournal.com/users/butterpants/
>>> you can reed my blog. you can even make coments. :) i cant wate until
>>> someone make coments. please bokmark my blog so you can reed it evry
>>> week. :)
>>
>>who else is an LJ'er? my nick is my lj
>
> I'm RastaJew but I didn't update it for a long time.

I'm on LJ (knight37) but I don't update it that frequently. I update my
KnightGames blog more. I just don't usually comment on anything but games
and games goes to the KnightGames blog.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

KAOS

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 18:19:39 +1000, "Highlandish"
<ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au> dared speak in front of ME:

>Quoth The Raven: Kaos <kaos@invalid.xplornet.com> in
>sq9dh1pngekp3a4c64md5mtn8l8rniimse@4ax.com
>> On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 13:18:57 +1000, "Highlandish"
>> <ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au> dared speak in front of ME:
>>
>>> Quoth The Raven: Butter Pants <butterpantsforever@yahoo.com> in
>>> 1toch1to3cvng9pjuurb0hdcq1armt63b3@4ax.com
>>>
>>> who else is an LJ'er? my nick is my lj
>>
>> I'm there, under lianneofkaos. Almost no gaming talk in my blog
>> though.
>
>added! we at least have goth in common

I noticed that.
Fair warning, I whine a lot :p
--

qrhih1lq55dlt6ra2i575tv2smplg32kii@4ax.com
> On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 18:19:39 +1000, "Highlandish"
> <ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au> dared speak in front of ME:
>
>> Quoth The Raven: Kaos <kaos@invalid.xplornet.com> in
>> sq9dh1pngekp3a4c64md5mtn8l8rniimse@4ax.com
>>> On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 13:18:57 +1000, "Highlandish"
>>> <ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au> dared speak in front of ME:

>>> I'm there, under lianneofkaos. Almost no gaming talk in my blog
>>> though.
>>
>> added! we at least have goth in common
>
> I noticed that.
> Fair warning, I whine a lot :p

thats just part of the culture, and what LJ is for :)

--
"Oh Bother", said the Borg, "we've assimilated Pooh"

Michael Vondung <mvondung@gmail.com> wrote:

>Blogs are actually an already fading trend. They were more "hip" a couple
>years back.

I doubt it, unless something else takes its place. People naturally like
to talk about themselves or their opinions. The best people skill one can
pick up is to (pretend to) be a good listener. Why else do peeps post on
Usenet, or on BBS'es of yore? Blogs are better because they are persistent
(no scrolling off), easy to use for the geekless set, and you are god in
your own little space.

Hahah Butter dude's mangled macaronies reminds me of the dude in Flowers
for Algernon by D. Keyes. In one of my ancient online personas, I used to
write like this just for fun. The thing with these offbeat kinds of stuff
is that you don't have to be convincing or even funny. You just need to do
it long enough and consistent enough, and you'll develop your particular
style, and probably will have a following. Dilbert probably starts the
same way. GO BUDER PENTZ GO!! GIMME PICS DUDE!!

No seriously fingerspelling will only go so far ya need a new schtick. I
suggest ya add doodlies like this chick's site I stumbled upon:
www.nataliedee.com . See no talent needed and something ya can ezly do wid
mspaint. xpend yor holeraisin n b n ORTEEZ!!