Learnt a very valuable PC lesson today

That one must never click wildly on a webpage just because it
looks harmless..

I was searching for a No CD crack for Deus Ex and No One Lives
Forever 2. I found what looked like a legitimate page for it and
proceeded to open the said page.

Bang I had no less then 13 warning messages pop up telling me about
spyware threats and DyFuca downloader programs..

Lesson learnt......

Kissing Lettuce <sittingbythepool@internode.on.net> wrote:
> That one must never click wildly on a webpage just because it
> looks harmless..
>
> I was searching for a No CD crack for Deus Ex and No One Lives
> Forever 2. I found what looked like a legitimate page for it and
> proceeded to open the said page.
>
> Bang I had no less then 13 warning messages pop up telling me about
> spyware threats and DyFuca downloader programs..
>
> Lesson learnt......

You will be using another browser?

Louis

Kissing Lettuce wrote:
> That one must never click wildly on a webpage just because it
> looks harmless..
>
> I was searching for a No CD crack for Deus Ex and No One Lives
> Forever 2. I found what looked like a legitimate page for it and
> proceeded to open the said page.
>
> Bang I had no less then 13 warning messages pop up telling me about
> spyware threats and DyFuca downloader programs..
>
> Lesson learnt......

The only lesson you need to learn is that the only place you need to go
is here:

http://www.gamecopyworld.com/

sleepy

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2001

"Kissing Lettuce" <sittingbythepool@internode.on.net> wrote in message
> That one must never click wildly on a webpage just because it
> looks harmless..
>
> I was searching for a No CD crack for Deus Ex and No One Lives
> Forever 2. I found what looked like a legitimate page for it and
> proceeded to open the said page.
>
> Bang I had no less then 13 warning messages pop up telling me about
> spyware threats and DyFuca downloader programs..
>
> Lesson learnt......

www.gamecopyworld.com is the first place to look and failing that
www.gameburnworld.com or
www.megagames.com - nowhere else.

Louis Zwager <louis@het.net> schreef in artikel
<431854d5$0$11062$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl>...
<cut>
> > Lesson learnt......
>
> You will be using another browser?
>
> Louis

Better to use another operating system ^_^

And here: www.megagames.com

Worker wrote:
> Louis Zwager <louis@het.net> schreef in artikel
> <431854d5$0$11062$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl>...
> <cut>
>
>>>Lesson learnt......
>>
>>You will be using another browser?
>>
>>Louis
>>

> Better to use another operating system ^_^

Why?

Thusly Walter Mitty <mitticus@gmail.com> Spake Unto All:

>>>You will be using another browser?
>>
>> Better to use another operating system ^_^
>
>Why?

Because you don't want to run commercial software, or be able to use
that USB memory stick you just bought, but you DO want to be safe from
mail viruses.

Well, AFAI can see anyway.

Wine exists. http://appdb.winehq.org/

> or be able to use that USB memory stick you just bought,

Don't by Windows-only hardware.

Dennis

"Worker" <o.h.d.dors@kpn.com> wrote in message

> Louis Zwager <louis@het.net> schreef in artikel
> <431854d5$0$11062$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl>...
> <cut>
>> > Lesson learnt......
>>
>> You will be using another browser?
>>
>> Louis
>>

> Better to use another operating system ^_^

Right, then he won't be needing those games! :)
McG.

"Smart Feet" <smartfeet@yourshoes.com> wrote in message
> Kissing Lettuce wrote:
>> That one must never click wildly on a webpage just because it
>> looks harmless..
>>
>> I was searching for a No CD crack for Deus Ex and No One Lives
>> Forever 2. I found what looked like a legitimate page for it and
>> proceeded to open the said page.
>>
>> Bang I had no less then 13 warning messages pop up telling me about
>> spyware threats and DyFuca downloader programs..
>>
>> Lesson learnt......
>>

> The only lesson you need to learn is that the only place you need to go is
> here:
>
> http://www.gamecopyworld.com/

a lot of their hacks have been pulled...
McG.

x-no-archive: yes

Kissing Lettuce wrote:

> I was searching for a No CD crack for Deus Ex and No One Lives

unfortunately you only learn the hard way and for the wrong
reasons...
if shouldn't be that you regret it for getting lots of virus
in your computer but rather cause it damages pc games
cracks damage pc games!
if you love pc games protect and defend them!
for what i know you are not CRIPPLED to not be able to put a
simple cd in a drive before using software
act like a true pc gamer if you want to be respected as one!
long live pc games crack free!

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

Kissing Lettuce wrote:
> That one must never click wildly on a webpage just because it
> looks harmless..
>
> I was searching for a No CD crack for Deus Ex and No One Lives
> Forever 2. I found what looked like a legitimate page for it and
> proceeded to open the said page.
>
> Bang I had no less then 13 warning messages pop up telling me about
> spyware threats and DyFuca downloader programs..
>
> Lesson learnt......

Two lessons actually:

(1) Use Firefox.
(2) Deus Ex doesn't NEED a crack, just open the System\DeusEx.ini file
and change the "CdPath=" variable to C:\DeusEx or wherever the game is
installed. Quite simple.

Dennis Schamne wrote:
> Don't by Windows-only hardware.
>
> Dennis

That can be a problem. If you've already got a nice computer outfited
with what you want, and Linux has some problems with certain components
(but Windows doesn't), are you supposed to just throw it all away and
buy different hardware for the sake of running Linux perfectly?

"Kissing Lettuce" <sittingbythepool@internode.on.net> wrote in message
> That one must never click wildly on a webpage just because it
> looks harmless..
>
> I was searching for a No CD crack for Deus Ex and No One Lives
> Forever 2. I found what looked like a legitimate page for it and
> proceeded to open the said page.
>
> Bang I had no less then 13 warning messages pop up telling me about
> spyware threats and DyFuca downloader programs..
>
> Lesson learnt......

Try here for Deus Ex: (from gamefix.com)
http://66.79.179.19/deus_ex.htm

For NOLF 2, go to:
http://www.gamecopyworld.com
once there, click the small [index] link for alphabetically listed links.

Quoth The Raven: Kissing Lettuce <sittingbythepool@internode.on.net> in
43184A31.C84A63B9@internode.on.net
> That one must never click wildly on a webpage just because it
> looks harmless..
>
> I was searching for a No CD crack for Deus Ex and No One Lives
> Forever 2. I found what looked like a legitimate page for it and
> proceeded to open the said page.
>
> Bang I had no less then 13 warning messages pop up telling me about
> spyware threats and DyFuca downloader programs..
>
> Lesson learnt......

gamecopyworld.com is the correct answerfor nocd cracks

--
Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.

Take out the _CURSING to reply to me

Dennis Schamne wrote:

> Mean_Chlorine wrote:
>
> > Because you don't want to run commercial software,
>
> Wine exists. http://appdb.winehq.org/
>
> > or be able to use that USB memory stick you just bought,
>
> Don't by Windows-only hardware.
>
> Dennis

And apart from a Mac what else would you
recommend that is NOT WINDOWS????/

McGrandpa wrote:

> "Smart Feet" <smartfeet@yourshoes.com> wrote in message
> > Kissing Lettuce wrote:
> >> That one must never click wildly on a webpage just because it
> >> looks harmless..
> >>
> >> I was searching for a No CD crack for Deus Ex and No One Lives
> >> Forever 2. I found what looked like a legitimate page for it and
> >> proceeded to open the said page.
> >>
> >> Bang I had no less then 13 warning messages pop up telling me about
> >> spyware threats and DyFuca downloader programs..
> >>
> >> Lesson learnt......
> >>

> > The only lesson you need to learn is that the only place you need to go is
> > here:
> >
> > http://www.gamecopyworld.com/
>
> a lot of their hacks have been pulled...
> McG.

I know I was there a whole 2 weeks ago and most of the
hacks were indeed pulled ......

Why do they get yanked? Hacking does not violate copyright

> McGrandpa wrote:
>
>> "Smart Feet" <smartfeet@yourshoes.com> wrote in message

>> > The only lesson you need to learn is that the only place you need to go
>> > is
>> > here:
>> >
>> > http://www.gamecopyworld.com/
>>
>> a lot of their hacks have been pulled...
>> McG.
>

> I know I was there a whole 2 weeks ago and most of the
> hacks were indeed pulled ......
>
> Why do they get yanked? Hacking does not violate copyright

Most of the EULA's say you cannot tamper with the code, as in modify it to
work in some way the owner of the property did not intend. On another note,
some of the things I went looking for became obsolete. Later patches from
the developer removed the CD check.
McG.

Sleepy wrote:

> "Kissing Lettuce" <sittingbythepool@internode.on.net> wrote in message
> > That one must never click wildly on a webpage just because it
> > looks harmless..
> >
> > I was searching for a No CD crack for Deus Ex and No One Lives
> > Forever 2. I found what looked like a legitimate page for it and
> > proceeded to open the said page.
> >
> > Bang I had no less then 13 warning messages pop up telling me about
> > spyware threats and DyFuca downloader programs..
> >
> > Lesson learnt......
> >

> www.gamecopyworld.com is the first place to look and failing that
> www.gameburnworld.com or
> www.megagames.com - nowhere else.

I hope these places are safe

Kissing Lettuce wrote:

> And apart from a Mac what else would you
> recommend that is NOT WINDOWS????/

Did you just discover computers yesterday? Linux of course!

Jesus.

GFree wrote:

> That can be a problem. If you've already got a nice computer outfited
> with what you want, and Linux has some problems with certain components
> (but Windows doesn't), are you supposed to just throw it all away and
> buy different hardware for the sake of running Linux perfectly?

Why throw it _all_ away when you are able to replace only the bad hardware
with alternatives?

Dennis

Dennis Schamne wrote:
> GFree wrote:
>

>>That can be a problem. If you've already got a nice computer outfited
>>with what you want, and Linux has some problems with certain components
>>(but Windows doesn't), are you supposed to just throw it all away and
>>buy different hardware for the sake of running Linux perfectly?
>

> Why throw it _all_ away when you are able to replace only the bad hardware
> with alternatives?
>
> Dennis

"Bad" hardware in this case means hardware that works fine in Windows,
but not in Linux. I know it's not the fault of Linux itself and rather
the manufacturers for not writing drivers for the hardware, but if the
hardware works just fine in Windows, are you still supposed to just
throw it away?

I guess you could always sell it and get some money back. Fair trade.

GFree wrote:

> Kissing Lettuce wrote:
>
> > And apart from a Mac what else would you
> > recommend that is NOT WINDOWS????/
>
> Did you just discover computers yesterday? Linux of course!
>
> Jesus.

I know about Linux but that's not really mainstream is it?

McGrandpa wrote:

> "Kissing Lettuce" <sittingbythepool@internode.on.net> wrote in message
> > McGrandpa wrote:
> >
> >> "Smart Feet" <smartfeet@yourshoes.com> wrote in message

> >> a lot of their hacks have been pulled...
> >> McG.
> >

> > I know I was there a whole 2 weeks ago and most of the
> > hacks were indeed pulled ......
> >
> > Why do they get yanked? Hacking does not violate copyright
> >

> Most of the EULA's say you cannot tamper with the code, as in modify it to
> work in some way the owner of the property did not intend. On another note,
> some of the things I went looking for became obsolete. Later patches from
> the developer removed the CD check.
> McG.

Oh ok I didn't see removing CD checking as an outright violation since
you're not really altering the programs core behaviour....

I wonder what Steam Killer thinks of this?