wireless router mn-700

Last response: in Networking
Share
May 4, 2004 12:17:26 AM

Does any one know whether or not I can use this router
while using vonage VoIP package?
I have RoadRunner and want to use vonage to make
phonecalls.
Thanks

More about : wireless router 700

Anonymous
May 23, 2004 4:17:52 PM

On Mon, 3 May 2004 20:17:26 -0700, "sam"

>Does any one know whether or not I can use this router
>while using vonage VoIP package?
>I have RoadRunner and want to use vonage to make
>phonecalls.
>Thanks

I have been using this router and Primus TalkBroadband. Only a few
problems which I suspect will turn out to be with the router (I'm in
the process of testing now).

Primus's recommended configuration is just to plug the VOIP box into
the router. I did that, at the time with an MN-500, and had no
problems at all. The sound quality was good.

Now I find my VOIP calls are dropped after 6-10 minutes. Today I'm
going to pull out the MN-700 router and connect directly to the DSL
modem (Sympatico.ca). If that doesn't fix it I'll know it's a Primus
problem, but my money's on the router, based on what I've read here
and elsewhere.

If it does turn out to be a problem with the MN-700, I'll try leaving
the VOIP plugged directly into the DSL modem and then plug the MN-700
into the VOIP box until I can get a better router. :(

Do you already have the MN-700? If not I'd suggest reading some of
the discussions here over the past few months.
!