Sign in with
Your question

Dlink 655 firmware 2 07

October 10, 2012 6:28:29 PM

Hello,
I have a Dlink Dir 655 router with the hardware B1 and updated to the Firmware version 2:07NA which indicates 14Jan2012 in “status window” of router. The router is setup with PPPoE with a user name and password supplied by Qwest. Moden is a Actiontec M1000 setup in Bridging Mode. This setup works fine at this point.
I have been trying to setup “Access Control” to block a few websites during scheduled times of the day. I have followed the schedule setup with no issues. I setup the website filter to be www.youtube.com , I then created the “policy” using the policy wizard. During each step of the policy the router asks for a “Reboot Now” or “Reboot Later” I found this a little “strange”. I select the “Reboot Later” until I get to the end of the policy wizard. I chose the “Website filter” during the policy wizard steps and MAC addressing for a computer shown in the list with “Website Access Logging” disabled and save. I then choose “Reboot Now “ and the router reboots. But, the issue is I no longer have access to the internet after reboot. If I long back into the router and uncheck the “Policy” I just created but, leave the “Enable Access Control” check and do a router “Reboot Now” I now have full access to the internet again after rebbot. If I recheck the “policy name” and reboot , I no longer access the internet again. Not sure what would cause this and I also find it strange that policy wizard wants a reboot at each step? Anyone have a fix for this?

More about : dlink 655 firmware

!