DEMO - Starship Troopers released

x-no-archive: yes

new Starship Troopers FPS game DEMO released

http://www.3dgamers.com/games/starshiptroopers2/downloads/

game site
http://www.starshiptroopersgame.com/

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

x-no-archive: yes

Johnny Bravo wrote:

> There was already a game based on this mediocre movie.

starship troopers is a PERFECT concept for a FPS so i find
it a great idea doing a it now

unfortunately i haven't played the demo yet cause its too
big to download for me so i have to wait to get it from a
friend but i do hope its a good game cause we are in very
need for good FPSs...
since the beginning of the year the releases haven't been
that impressive
nevertheless and regardless of the demo i'll buy this game

i'm not a huge fan of the original starship troopers movie
but it is ok, now the sequel was HORRIBLE
but what i'm absolutely crazy about is the computer animated
series done some years ago called "roughnecks" which is so
fabulous a really masterpiece
a FPS with the visuals and graphics of "roughnecks" would be
the best ever game created

--

On 2 Sep 2005 23:04:49 -0700, "steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>x-no-archive: yes
>
>new Starship Troopers FPS game DEMO released
>
>http://www.3dgamers.com/games/starshiptroopers2/downloads/
>
>game site
>http://www.starshiptroopersgame.com/

When did you change your mind about demos?

wrote:

>game site
>http://www.starshiptroopersgame.com/

With blurbs by that well known game reviewer Casper Van Dien.
ROTFLMAO.

There was already a game based on this mediocre movie. We hardly
need a mediocre FPS based on a movie nearly a decade old.

(I'm going by the demo, which had average graphics, stuck to the
movie pretty much, horrible voice acting, repetitive gameplay, a
complete lack of any kind of players controlled squad AI which would
seem to be mandatory for a military shooter these days, and a complete
lack of AI soldier AI, they just stand in place and shoot.).

Johnny Bravo wrote:

> There was already a game based on this mediocre movie. We hardly
> need a mediocre FPS based on a movie nearly a decade old.

The last Starship Troopers game and the upcoming one are based on the book,
not the movie.

Turk

Distinguished
May 25, 2003

"Johnny Bravo" <baawa_knight@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On 2 Sep 2005 23:04:49 -0700, "steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>>game site
>>http://www.starshiptroopersgame.com/
>
> With blurbs by that well known game reviewer Casper Van Dien.
> ROTFLMAO.
>
> There was already a game based on this mediocre movie. We hardly
> need a mediocre FPS based on a movie nearly a decade old.

This does sound like a cool concept for an FPS. I'm downloading it at the
moment. Hopefully, I'll get to play it sometime this week.

turk
--
My last vestige of "hands off religion" respect disappeared in the smoke and
choking dust of September 11th 2001, followed by the "National Day of

> unfortunately i haven't played the demo yet cause its too
> big to download for me so i have to wait to get it from a
> friend

Better get searching for a friend, then.

Andrew

On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 08:01:08 -0600, "Hank the Rapper"
<xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote:

>The last Starship Troopers game and the upcoming one are based on the book,
>not the movie.

You haven't played the demo have you.

It is just like the film, which is bad for me as it was one of the
worst films ever IMO.

Andrew wrote:

> You haven't played the demo have you.

No, I thought I read a preview that said it was based on the book. Why would
they base a game on an 8-year-old movie?
*Looks at Fight Club game*

> It is just like the film, which is bad for me as it was one of the
> worst films ever IMO.

Hm, I love the movie.

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 01:12:02 GMT, Johnny Bravo
<baawa_knight@yahoo.com> wrote:

> With blurbs by that well known game reviewer Casper Van Dien.
>ROTFLMAO.
>
> There was already a game based on this mediocre movie. We hardly
>need a mediocre FPS based on a movie nearly a decade old.
>
> (I'm going by the demo, which had average graphics, stuck to the
>movie pretty much, horrible voice acting, repetitive gameplay, a
>complete lack of any kind of players controlled squad AI which would
>seem to be mandatory for a military shooter these days, and a complete
>lack of AI soldier AI, they just stand in place and shoot.).

Does it take about 150 rounds of ammo to kill every enemy, like the
silly ass movie?

Lets invade a planet and bring .22 pea shooters to attack!

On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 12:30:39 -0600, "Hank the Rapper"
<xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote:

>Andrew wrote:
>
>> It is just like the film, which is bad for me as it was one of the
>> worst films ever IMO.
>
>Hm, I love the movie.

If you're a masochist, the movie has a sequel.
Thanks.

MCheu

Andrew wrote:

> You haven't played the demo have you.

Just download it and played it. Yuck. How did they manage to screw up the
camera on an FPS game. Everytime I moved the camera was sluggish and kept
jerking around. Thank steamkiller for providing the demo link for this game.
Now I know to avoid buying it. I might have being a Starship Trooper fan.

MCheu wrote:

> If you're a masochist, the movie has a sequel.

I see it playing on Starz all the time, yet I have never watched more than
15 minutes of it.

"Hank the Rapper" <xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote in message
> Johnny Bravo wrote:
>
>> There was already a game based on this mediocre movie. We hardly
>> need a mediocre FPS based on a movie nearly a decade old.
>
> The last Starship Troopers game and the upcoming one are based on the
> book, not the movie.

Wasn't the squad-based RTS game (with no in-game save) released a few years
back, based on the flick...right down to the box art? I do have some vague
memory of different types of armor in the game, but could be mistaken.
IMHO, the game that came closest to the book was "Terra Nova"....which some
of us still fondly remember.

Andrew

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 16:29:13 -0400, Tim O <timo56@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Does it take about 150 rounds of ammo to kill every enemy, like the
>silly ass movie?

Yup :-(

On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 17:46:34 -0600, "Hank the Rapper"
<xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote:

>Andrew wrote:
>
>> You haven't played the demo have you.
>
>Just download it and played it. Yuck. How did they manage to screw up the
>camera on an FPS game. Everytime I moved the camera was sluggish and kept
>jerking around. Thank steamkiller for providing the demo link for this game.
>Now I know to avoid buying it. I might have being a Starship Trooper fan.

I'd shell out $50 for a decent ST FPS based on the book. Nothing
like having some REAL weapons around in the future. :)

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 17:39:03 -0400, MCheu <mpcheu@yahoo.com> wrote:

>If you're a masochist, the movie has a sequel.

Different director, much smaller budget etc. It is like comparing
Terminator 3 to Terminator 2 or 1. Poor sequel does not make the
original bad.

ST movie appeared before 9/11, yet it depicted so well in every level
how America acts in such a crisis situation.

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 16:29:13 -0400, Tim O <timo56@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Does it take about 150 rounds of ammo to kill every enemy, like the
>silly ass movie?

Depends which weapon you use. If you use the basic weapon with
unlimited ammo, yes it can take ages to shoot even one enemy down,
even though I noticed that sometimes they did go down quickly
depending where you shot even with the basic weapon.

If you use e.g. shotgun in close encounters, it takes only a few shots
to bring down a bug.

Toby

On 2005-09-05, riku <riku@none.invalid.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 16:29:13 -0400, Tim O <timo56@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Does it take about 150 rounds of ammo to kill every enemy, like the
>>silly ass movie?
>
> Depends which weapon you use. If you use the basic weapon with
> unlimited ammo, yes it can take ages to shoot even one enemy down,
> even though I noticed that sometimes they did go down quickly
> depending where you shot even with the basic weapon.

Here's a tip: Aim for the nerve stem and put it down for good. :)

--
Toby.
field to circumvent my email filters.

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 07:33:26 GMT, riku <riku@none.invalid.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 17:39:03 -0400, MCheu <mpcheu@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>If you're a masochist, the movie has a sequel.
>
>Different director, much smaller budget etc. It is like comparing
>Terminator 3 to Terminator 2 or 1. Poor sequel does not make the
>original bad.

Compared to the book, the movies are utter drek. The original
proposal wasn't even connected to ST, that was added later and other
than a few bits of eye candy and a bit of a rewrite to satirize the
book, there isn't really much to connect them.

> Andrew wrote:
>
>> You haven't played the demo have you.
>
> Just download it and played it. Yuck. How did they manage to screw up the
> camera on an FPS game. Everytime I moved the camera was sluggish and kept
> jerking around. Thank steamkiller for providing the demo link for this
> game. Now I know to avoid buying it. I might have being a Starship Trooper
> fan.

Ive downloaded, installed and TRIED to play the Demo. It .. well .. 'runs'
isn't the proper word. It crawls, in slow motion. sound is full speed and
good, camera responds to the mouse just fine. Characters/action/shooting is
like molasses.
Running it on an X2 4800+ 2 gigs PC3200 in dual channel and 6800GT, XP Pro
SP2. I got the rig, but the game doesn't seem to believe it.
McG.

shawk

> "Hank the Rapper" <xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Andrew wrote:
>>
>>> You haven't played the demo have you.
>>
>> Just download it and played it. Yuck. How did they manage to screw up the
>> camera on an FPS game. Everytime I moved the camera was sluggish and kept
>> jerking around. Thank steamkiller for providing the demo link for this
>> game. Now I know to avoid buying it. I might have being a Starship
>> Trooper fan.
>>

> Ive downloaded, installed and TRIED to play the Demo. It .. well ..
> 'runs' isn't the proper word. It crawls, in slow motion. sound is full
> speed and good, camera responds to the mouse just fine.
> Characters/action/shooting is like molasses.
> Running it on an X2 4800+ 2 gigs PC3200 in dual channel and 6800GT, XP Pro
> SP2. I got the rig, but the game doesn't seem to believe it.
> McG.

'Glad' to hear that - thought it was my PC....

>> "Hank the Rapper" <xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> Just download it and played it. Yuck. How did they manage to screw up
>>> the camera on an FPS game. Everytime I moved the camera was sluggish and
>>> kept jerking around. Thank steamkiller for providing the demo link for
>>> this game. Now I know to avoid buying it. I might have being a Starship
>>> Trooper fan.
>>>

>> Ive downloaded, installed and TRIED to play the Demo. It .. well ..
>> 'runs' isn't the proper word. It crawls, in slow motion. sound is full
>> speed and good, camera responds to the mouse just fine.
>> Characters/action/shooting is like molasses.
>> Running it on an X2 4800+ 2 gigs PC3200 in dual channel and 6800GT, XP
>> Pro SP2. I got the rig, but the game doesn't seem to believe it.
>> McG.
>>

> 'Glad' to hear that - thought it was my PC....

So what are your rigs specs? If a 64 bit cpu, that could be it... that
engine could have some problems with them.
McG.

shawk

> "Shawk" <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> wrote in message
>>
>> "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Hank the Rapper" <xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> Ive downloaded, installed and TRIED to play the Demo. It .. well ..
>>> 'runs' isn't the proper word. It crawls, in slow motion. sound is full
>>> speed and good, camera responds to the mouse just fine.
>>> Characters/action/shooting is like molasses.
>>> Running it on an X2 4800+ 2 gigs PC3200 in dual channel and 6800GT, XP
>>> Pro SP2. I got the rig, but the game doesn't seem to believe it.
>>> McG.
>>
>> 'Glad' to hear that - thought it was my PC....
>>
> So what are your rigs specs? If a 64 bit cpu, that could be it... that
> engine could have some problems with them.
> McG.

Nah - 'just' an AMD XP2800 Barton here. Graphics, sounds etc are great -
movement/camera like through molasses - tried first part of demo and didn't
want to try the rest. Not on my buy list currently unless someone comes up
with a tweak so I can see how the game should be.

Rest of specs are NF7-S(2), 1.5GB PC3200 (running dual), 9800Pro, Audigy 2
ZS

Nonymous

Distinguished
May 27, 2004

> "Hank the Rapper" <xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Andrew wrote:
>>
>>> You haven't played the demo have you.
>>
>> Just download it and played it. Yuck. How did they manage to screw up the
>> camera on an FPS game. Everytime I moved the camera was sluggish and kept
>> jerking around. Thank steamkiller for providing the demo link for this
>> game. Now I know to avoid buying it. I might have being a Starship
>> Trooper fan.
>>

> Ive downloaded, installed and TRIED to play the Demo. It .. well ..
> 'runs' isn't the proper word. It crawls, in slow motion. sound is full
> speed and good, camera responds to the mouse just fine.
> Characters/action/shooting is like molasses.
> Running it on an X2 4800+ 2 gigs PC3200 in dual channel and 6800GT, XP Pro
> SP2. I got the rig, but the game doesn't seem to believe it.
> McG.

I can't even get it to run. Gets to the point where it loads the level,
presents the Objects, then has a "Start mission" button towards the bottom
right. When I click that, it just freezes up.

AMD FX-53, ATI 800XT-PE, 2GB ram.