BET ON SOLDIER DEMO

Last response: in Video Games
Share
September 3, 2005 2:56:45 PM

WOW.

Consolidas strikes again on what could have been a decent PC game. Instead we
get a un-editable FOV 50, small boxey little levels, unescapable cut scenes and
brain dead AI. Thanks, but no thanks.

What happened to all the good PC games.. Cross platform games have really ruined
the PC game market IMHO. :( ((

Nice textures though..

Pluvious

More about : bet soldier demo

Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 4, 2005 2:08:53 AM

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 10:56:45 -0700, Pluvious <Pluvious@knowhere.com> wrote:

>WOW.
>
>Consolidas strikes again on what could have been a decent PC game. Instead we
>get a un-editable FOV 50, small boxey little levels, unescapable cut scenes and
>brain dead AI. Thanks, but no thanks.
>
>What happened to all the good PC games.. Cross platform games have really ruined
>the PC game market IMHO. :( ((
>
>Nice textures though..

Yet another game praying that the funky advertising wins over before everyone
realises the truth. It did look good though as was looking forward to it but
not so after what you describe. Thanks for the heads up.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 4, 2005 3:48:48 AM

x-no-archive: yes

Andrew "the demo man" wrote:

> The demo installs StarForce drivers when you first run it.

demo man you know why you had to install starforce?
cause you don't buy pc games cause if you did you would had
it already installed
any pc gamer in 2005 has to have starforce installed cause a
big number of games require it

with this post you prove two things
first you are an ignorant
second you don't buy pc games
if you bought pc games you would stop being ignorant and
know startforce is currently the main copy protection in
pc games
at least 50% of the pc games released this year are copy
protected by starforce but how could you know about it?
obviously not cause you don't buy pc games!

i don't like starforce but its a reality a large number of
publishers now adopt it
its a reality and its impossible to run from it
you run from it you stop playing pc games

want to fight against starforce? ok i also think its a
worthy fight
to fight against starforce you only need to fight against
piracy
fight against piracy and you are fighting against starforce
i fight against piracy everyday so one day i'll be able to
play pc games without starforce, so you do the same demo
man

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

"steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> Andrew "the demo man" wrote:
>
>> The demo installs StarForce drivers when you first run it.
>
> demo man you know why you had to install starforce?
> cause you don't buy pc games cause if you did you would had
> it already installed
> any pc gamer in 2005 has to have starforce installed cause a
> big number of games require it
>
> with this post you prove two things
> first you are an ignorant
> second you don't buy pc games
> if you bought pc games you would stop being ignorant and
> know startforce is currently the main copy protection in
> pc games
> at least 50% of the pc games released this year are copy
> protected by starforce but how could you know about it?
> obviously not cause you don't buy pc games!

I think you'll find you made that figure up cock head, like 82% of all
people who quote unsourced figures.

I personally don't buy any game with Starforce protection so hence I do not
have Starforce installed, yet I still buy games. Splinter Cell: Chaos theory
is down to £10, yet I will never purchase it while it uses starforce 3
protection.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 4, 2005 8:26:51 PM

On 3 Sep 2005 23:48:48 -0700, "steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote:

>x-no-archive: yes
>
>Andrew "the demo man" wrote:
>
>> The demo installs StarForce drivers when you first run it.
>
>demo man you know why you had to install starforce?

<snip rabid dribbling>

Some good points about starforce, i.e. that we should fight it but one quick
point. Didn't they teach you punctuation at school? Or the proper use of
capital letters. Apologies in advance if English is a second language but if
not go back to school and stop wasting your time here!
September 4, 2005 8:26:52 PM

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 16:26:51 GMT, Memnoch
<memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com> wrote:

>|On 3 Sep 2005 23:48:48 -0700, "steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote:
>|
>|>x-no-archive: yes

>|>demo man you know why you had to install starforce?
>|
>|<snip rabid dribbling>
>|
>|Some good points about starforce, i.e. that we should fight it but one quick
>|point. Didn't they teach you punctuation at school? Or the proper use of
>|capital letters. Apologies in advance if English is a second language but if
>|not go back to school and stop wasting your time here!

The exact reason I killfiled this pond scum long ago. That, and he's got a IQ of
my dog. Someday if he learns to form paragraphs and correct punctuation someone
might actually listen to him.

Pluvious
September 4, 2005 10:32:01 PM

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 10:28:34 -0700, Pluvious <Pluvious@knowhere.com>
wrote:

>The exact reason I killfiled this pond scum long ago. That, and he's got a IQ of
>my dog. Someday if he learns to form paragraphs and correct punctuation someone
>might actually listen to him.

He is Portugese, I don't give a hoot that he can't write proper
English, it is the complete bollocks he writes that made me killfile
him.
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 5, 2005 4:36:48 AM

x-no-archive: yes

Les steel wrote:

> yet I still buy games

oh no you don't mister les!
you don't buy pc games released in 2005, that i can
for sure guaranty you
if you did you would have starforce installed in your
own computer
i could give you at least 10 action titles released in
2005 with starforce
just like andrew the demo man you proved ignorance for
not knowing what is happening in the pc game market and
you also prove you really don't buy pc games

you are in your steam shell isolated from anything not
being steam infected and you absolutely don't know what
is happening outside steam
mister les your world is steam! and steam blinds you for
everything else in pc games

i don't like starforce
i don't want starforce
but i do work to try and make it go away from pc games
how? by fighting against piracy
you only whine about starforce and you don't do a thing
to change what is making publishers use it

steam is a BILLION times much more ABUSIVE RESTRICTIVE
and INTRUSIVE than starforce yet you criticize starforce
and accept steam
you steam fanatics have ZERO AUTHORITY to criticize any
starforce cause you are a bunch of enslaved submissives

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 5, 2005 10:26:49 PM

wrote:

>That, and he's got a IQ of
^^
>my dog.
>Pluvious

It's "an" not "a". Hehe.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 6, 2005 4:55:47 AM

x-no-archive: yes

Les steel wrote:

<snip>

how many times do i need to write:
i don't like starforce!
i don't want to use starforce!
i want a pc game market starforce free!
but...
yes with starforce there is a "but"
but piracy is so bad in pc games you have to look at why do
publishers use starforce
starforce is present cause of piracy, its that simple
i'm not talking about piracy to give excuses to publishers
i'm not talking about piracy so we have to accept starforce
i'm talking about piracy so we can do something about it

is there any pc gamer in the world that likes starforce?
obviously no!
it doesn't matter how many posts you wrote whining about
starforce cause the real issue is fighting against piracy
stop saying bad things about starforce cause its obvious
all of us hate starforce so what we all need to do is focus
on the causes, attack what made starforce appear in pc games
in the first place

mister les attack the source of the problem, attack piracy
and you know very well if you do it you will have a alley
in me cause believe me i want as bad as you starforce away
from pc games but cause i'm also against steam i bet you
will never want to join forces with me in anything but it
is not my fault but rather your DISCRIMINATORY attitude

steam is DISCRIMINATORY
valve is DISCRIMINATORY
DISCRIMINATORY just like you are!
and believe it or not pc gamers that love steam like you are
also DISCRIMINATORY against brother pc gamers like me that
don't like it
very sad...

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 6, 2005 6:35:10 PM

On Tue, 6 Sep 2005, steamKILLER wrote:

> but piracy is so bad in pc games you have to look at why do
> publishers use starforce

May I ask what is the problem with Starforce? And why should it not be
possible for pirates to create the usual no-cd cracks and cd-images?

Regarding the Bet on Soldier demo, I already deinstalled it, but the
setting reminded me of Iron Storm and this is in fact a kind of sequel.

a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 7, 2005 5:22:56 AM

On 5 Sep 2005 00:36:48 -0700, "steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote:

>x-no-archive: yes
>
>Les steel wrote:
>
>> yet I still buy games
>
>oh no you don't mister les!
>you don't buy pc games released in 2005, that i can
>for sure guaranty you
>if you did you would have starforce installed in your
>own computer
>i could give you at least 10 action titles released in
>2005 with starforce
>just like andrew the demo man you proved ignorance for
>not knowing what is happening in the pc game market and
>you also prove you really don't buy pc games
>
>you are in your steam shell isolated from anything not
>being steam infected and you absolutely don't know what
>is happening outside steam
>mister les your world is steam! and steam blinds you for
>everything else in pc games
>
>i don't like starforce
>i don't want starforce
>but i do work to try and make it go away from pc games
>how? by fighting against piracy

Wrong approach. If you really want to fight it STOP BUYING GAMES THAT USE IT!!
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 7, 2005 5:33:10 AM

x-no-archive: yes

Werner Spahl wrote:

> May I ask what is the problem with Starforce?

personally i'm against any copy protection in pc games
my view is for pc games overall no copy protection is better
we pc gamers don't have to deal with it and publishers don't
have to spend money with it
its an extra layer of complexity and possible problems that
doesn't add a thing to a better gameplay experience
but the problem is piracy is extremely high in pc games and
if developers and publishers don't get money for their work
pc games will disappear
so i do understand why copy protection exists in pc games
it exists only cause of piracy and cause many don't respect
developers work and have no problem stealing it

if the pc gamer community was all like me and you Werner you
bet there would not be any copy protection in games but the
reality is very different and unfortunately we are surrounded
by people that will steal if they have a chance to do it

now about starforce specifically
i'm against starforce more than others cause it relies on
software drivers to work and you know that can create even
more problems
also its reported that starforce "scans" your system for
cd/dvd copy utilities and if it finds them it refuses to
run which i think its not good or fair

but the most important is i'm against copy protection in
general, so i don't want only starforce to stop being used
but any kind of copy protection

yes i totally understand it can only happen when piracy is
no longer a major problem so probably i'm being naive and
wishing for something impossible to happen

nevertheless and even being a very difficult task or even
impossible to end piracy, i will still fight against it
cause piracy damage pc games and us all

> And why should it not be possible for pirates to create the
> usual no-cd cracks and cd-images?

i really don't know the answer
i don't pirate neither i look for no-cd cracks or even use
cd-images
i play the game as they give me
i'm totally used with the system of having the original cd
inserted in my drive every time i want to play a game
but for what i read starforce is frequently updated so at
least its creator says its more difficult to pirate than
other copy protections
is this really true? i really don't know but i do understand
your point... no matter what copy protection there will
always be a way to crack it but that seams not enough for
publisher to stop using it and do you blame them for it?
do you blame any publisher for using copy protection even
if they know it will be cracked?
i can't blame them cause of the high level piracy has reached
in pc games
i don't blame neither i criticize any publisher for using
copy protection at least the ones available (i don't see
steam as a copy protection system)

currently i buy any retail full version pc game even if it
has starforce or any other known copy protection
i don't like copy protection, i'm against it but i accept
it, i use it and understand why publisher use it

the only pc games i don't buy are steam infected
steam infected games are the ones i boycott and don't buy

but there is a special game and a special publisher that
manages to raise on top of everything
we both have a very strong admiration for them, its id
look at doom3, a 2004 release but still a major title
and id with patch 1.2 managed to not only take off copy
protection but also take off the need to have the cd
inserted to play doom3
this is great! this is the way every title should be!
no copy protection and no cd inserted needed to play!
obviously now its way easy to pirate doom3 and id knows
about it but for id the customer, we the pc gamers are
more important
for id we come first
so they don't mind loosing some profits if its for the
good of us pc gamers
and we need to THANK id for this
so now what can we do to give back to id?
giving back to id is not only buy the game but why not
buy an extra copy (for backup purposes) and specially
not pirate the game, not lending, not giving away or
copy to others and actively go against anyone trying to
pirate doom3
after what id did with patch 1.2 with doom3, this title
should be totally protected by us
no its not the police that will stop pirates stealing
doom3 but rather we will!
if we want we can't stop them
i will start by nobody except me will ever play my own copy
of doom3
but i'll do more to "thank" id
i will buy again doom3 when a "game of the year" edition
is released
i will buy again doom3 when a "gold" edition is released
i will buy again doom3 when a "platinum" edition is released
i will buy again doom3 when a "collector" edition is released
and i will defend doom3 from pirates forever!
that is my promise to id after the GOOD they gave to me
THANK YOU SO MUCH ID!
LONG LIVE ID SOFTWARE! THE BEST GAME DEVELOPER EVER!

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 7, 2005 5:34:11 AM

x-no-archive: yes

Memnoch wrote:

<snip>

with all do respect... no sir
this year i've already bought 5 or 6 pc game titles which
are copy protected by starforce and i'm sure i'll buy much
more in the future
yes i don't like it but i do accept it and i don't regret
having bought the games cause of starforce, i might regret
cause i didn't like the game but that is another issue
the point is i will still buy starforce games cause i do
understand publishers have to defend profits cause without
them we will stop having pc games to buy and play
the only way to ask publishers to stop using copy protection
including starforce is to fight against piracy
fighting against piracy is a DUTY every pc gamer must have!
including YOU sir!

and btw if i stopped buying starforce copy protected games
i would simply end up having almost no pc game to play
so even in practical reasons its impossible to run way from
copy protection or even starforce in pc games

as for systems currently available that should be boycotted
the only system i do boycott is retail steam infected games
those are the ones everyone should boycott cause they are
completely against consumer rights and very damaging to us
all
SAY NO TO STEAM!
BOYCOTT STEAM INFECTED GAMES!
DON'T BUY STEAM RETAIL GAMES!
LONG LIVE PC GAMES STEAM FREE!

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam
September 7, 2005 1:44:56 PM

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 18:26:49 GMT, Praxiteles Democritus <no@email.here> wrote:

>|On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 10:28:34 -0700, Pluvious <Pluvious@knowhere.com>
>|wrote:
>|

>|>That, and he's got a IQ of
>| ^^
>|>my dog.
>|>Pluvious
>|>

>|It's "an" not "a". Hehe.

Heh.. good point. It is "an". Nice catch.

Pluvious
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 16, 2005 5:21:25 AM

x-no-archive: yes

rlsuth wrote:

> don't understand why games companies are using Starforce

what is making publishers use starforce is PIRACY!
and what is killing the industry is PIRACY!

if you want starforce out of pc games just like me and all
pc gamers around the world cause believe me everyone hates
starforce then fight against PIRACY!

if you lend your own pc game titles to your friend
if you copy your own pc game titles to give to your friends
if you play pc game titles without owning a legal copy
all this is PIRACY
all this damage pc games
and all this is the reason why starforce exists!

stop whining about starforce and do something about it
FIGHT AGAINST PIRACY! starting now and do it everyday for
the rest of your life!

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 16, 2005 5:31:29 PM

Thusly "rlsuth" <rlsuth@comcast.net> Spake Unto All:

>I just don't understand why games companies are using Starforce. I refuse to
>buy a game with Starforce on it, and I used to buy 100's of games. They
>really are killing the industry. It's just stupid.

Quoted for truth.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 16, 2005 7:12:42 PM

"rlsuth" <rlsuth@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I love it when Demo's install Starforce, as it gives me a headsup not to
>buy
> the game.
>
> I just don't understand why games companies are using Starforce. I refuse
> buy a game with Starforce on it, and I used to buy 100's of games. They
> really are killing the industry. It's just stupid.

Does Starforce show up in Add/Remove programs, or as a newly installed
service? How hard is it to get rid of after you toast the demo?
September 16, 2005 8:15:31 PM

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 15:12:42 GMT, "Company Man" <spook@covert.invalid>
wrote:

>Does Starforce show up in Add/Remove programs, or as a newly installed
>service? How hard is it to get rid of after you toast the demo?

It is a hidden device in the hardware control panel. I found a
Starforce removal program with a bit of googling.
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 16, 2005 11:46:38 PM

Thusly "Company Man" <spook@covert.invalid> Spake Unto All:

>Does Starforce show up in Add/Remove programs, or as a newly installed
>service? How hard is it to get rid of after you toast the demo?

1) No, you're not supposed to know you have it.
2) No, it's a hidden driver (buried deep in the "other hardware"
tree).
3) Fairly hard. You need special removal software; originally there
was only a third-party offering but public outcry made starforce
actually make a remover available for those who know about and want to
get rid of their filth:
http://www.onlinesecurity-on.com/protect.phtml?c=55
!