BET ON SOLDIER DEMO

WOW.

Consolidas strikes again on what could have been a decent PC game. Instead we
get a un-editable FOV 50, small boxey little levels, unescapable cut scenes and
brain dead AI. Thanks, but no thanks.

What happened to all the good PC games.. Cross platform games have really ruined
the PC game market IMHO. :(((

Nice textures though..

Pluvious
19 answers Last reply
More about soldier demo

    On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 10:56:45 -0700, Pluvious <Pluvious@knowhere.com> wrote:

    >WOW.
    >
    >Consolidas strikes again on what could have been a decent PC game. Instead we
    >get a un-editable FOV 50, small boxey little levels, unescapable cut scenes and
    >brain dead AI. Thanks, but no thanks.
    >
    >What happened to all the good PC games.. Cross platform games have really ruined
    >the PC game market IMHO. :(((
    >
    >Nice textures though..

    Yet another game praying that the funky advertising wins over before everyone
    realises the truth. It did look good though as was looking forward to it but
    not so after what you describe. Thanks for the heads up.

    x-no-archive: yes

    Andrew "the demo man" wrote:

    > The demo installs StarForce drivers when you first run it.

    demo man you know why you had to install starforce?
    cause you don't buy pc games cause if you did you would had
    it already installed
    any pc gamer in 2005 has to have starforce installed cause a
    big number of games require it

    with this post you prove two things
    first you are an ignorant
    second you don't buy pc games
    if you bought pc games you would stop being ignorant and
    know startforce is currently the main copy protection in
    pc games
    at least 50% of the pc games released this year are copy
    protected by starforce but how could you know about it?
    obviously not cause you don't buy pc games!

    i don't like starforce but its a reality a large number of
    publishers now adopt it
    its a reality and its impossible to run from it
    you run from it you stop playing pc games

    want to fight against starforce? ok i also think its a
    worthy fight
    to fight against starforce you only need to fight against
    piracy
    fight against piracy and you are fighting against starforce
    i fight against piracy everyday so one day i'll be able to
    play pc games without starforce, so you do the same demo
    man

    --
    post made in a steam-free computer
    i said "NO" to valve and steam

    "steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > x-no-archive: yes
    >
    > Andrew "the demo man" wrote:
    >
    >> The demo installs StarForce drivers when you first run it.
    >
    > demo man you know why you had to install starforce?
    > cause you don't buy pc games cause if you did you would had
    > it already installed
    > any pc gamer in 2005 has to have starforce installed cause a
    > big number of games require it
    >
    > with this post you prove two things
    > first you are an ignorant
    > second you don't buy pc games
    > if you bought pc games you would stop being ignorant and
    > know startforce is currently the main copy protection in
    > pc games
    > at least 50% of the pc games released this year are copy
    > protected by starforce but how could you know about it?
    > obviously not cause you don't buy pc games!

    I think you'll find you made that figure up cock head, like 82% of all
    people who quote unsourced figures.

    I personally don't buy any game with Starforce protection so hence I do not
    have Starforce installed, yet I still buy games. Splinter Cell: Chaos theory
    is down to £10, yet I will never purchase it while it uses starforce 3
    protection.

    On 3 Sep 2005 23:48:48 -0700, "steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >x-no-archive: yes
    >
    >Andrew "the demo man" wrote:
    >
    >> The demo installs StarForce drivers when you first run it.
    >
    >demo man you know why you had to install starforce?

    <snip rabid dribbling>

    Some good points about starforce, i.e. that we should fight it but one quick
    point. Didn't they teach you punctuation at school? Or the proper use of
    capital letters. Apologies in advance if English is a second language but if
    not go back to school and stop wasting your time here!

    On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 16:26:51 GMT, Memnoch
    <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com> wrote:

    >|On 3 Sep 2005 23:48:48 -0700, "steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >|
    >|>x-no-archive: yes

    >|>demo man you know why you had to install starforce?
    >|
    >|<snip rabid dribbling>
    >|
    >|Some good points about starforce, i.e. that we should fight it but one quick
    >|point. Didn't they teach you punctuation at school? Or the proper use of
    >|capital letters. Apologies in advance if English is a second language but if
    >|not go back to school and stop wasting your time here!

    The exact reason I killfiled this pond scum long ago. That, and he's got a IQ of
    my dog. Someday if he learns to form paragraphs and correct punctuation someone
    might actually listen to him.

    Pluvious

    On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 10:28:34 -0700, Pluvious <Pluvious@knowhere.com>
    wrote:

    >The exact reason I killfiled this pond scum long ago. That, and he's got a IQ of
    >my dog. Someday if he learns to form paragraphs and correct punctuation someone
    >might actually listen to him.

    He is Portugese, I don't give a hoot that he can't write proper
    English, it is the complete bollocks he writes that made me killfile
    him.

    x-no-archive: yes

    Les steel wrote:

    > yet I still buy games

    oh no you don't mister les!
    you don't buy pc games released in 2005, that i can
    for sure guaranty you
    if you did you would have starforce installed in your
    own computer
    i could give you at least 10 action titles released in
    2005 with starforce
    just like andrew the demo man you proved ignorance for
    not knowing what is happening in the pc game market and
    you also prove you really don't buy pc games

    you are in your steam shell isolated from anything not
    being steam infected and you absolutely don't know what
    is happening outside steam
    mister les your world is steam! and steam blinds you for
    everything else in pc games

    i don't like starforce
    i don't want starforce
    but i do work to try and make it go away from pc games
    how? by fighting against piracy
    you only whine about starforce and you don't do a thing
    to change what is making publishers use it

    steam is a BILLION times much more ABUSIVE RESTRICTIVE
    and INTRUSIVE than starforce yet you criticize starforce
    and accept steam
    you steam fanatics have ZERO AUTHORITY to criticize any
    starforce cause you are a bunch of enslaved submissives

    --

    wrote:

    >That, and he's got a IQ of
    ^^
    >my dog.
    >Pluvious

    It's "an" not "a". Hehe.

    x-no-archive: yes

    Les steel wrote:

    <snip>

    how many times do i need to write:
    i don't like starforce!
    i don't want to use starforce!
    i want a pc game market starforce free!
    but...
    yes with starforce there is a "but"
    but piracy is so bad in pc games you have to look at why do
    publishers use starforce
    starforce is present cause of piracy, its that simple
    i'm not talking about piracy to give excuses to publishers
    i'm not talking about piracy so we have to accept starforce
    i'm talking about piracy so we can do something about it

    is there any pc gamer in the world that likes starforce?
    obviously no!
    it doesn't matter how many posts you wrote whining about
    starforce cause the real issue is fighting against piracy
    stop saying bad things about starforce cause its obvious
    all of us hate starforce so what we all need to do is focus
    on the causes, attack what made starforce appear in pc games
    in the first place

    mister les attack the source of the problem, attack piracy
    and you know very well if you do it you will have a alley
    in me cause believe me i want as bad as you starforce away
    from pc games but cause i'm also against steam i bet you
    will never want to join forces with me in anything but it
    is not my fault but rather your DISCRIMINATORY attitude

    steam is DISCRIMINATORY
    valve is DISCRIMINATORY
    DISCRIMINATORY just like you are!
    and believe it or not pc gamers that love steam like you are
    also DISCRIMINATORY against brother pc gamers like me that
    don't like it
    very sad...

    --

    On Tue, 6 Sep 2005, steamKILLER wrote:

    > but piracy is so bad in pc games you have to look at why do
    > publishers use starforce

    May I ask what is the problem with Starforce? And why should it not be
    possible for pirates to create the usual no-cd cracks and cd-images?

    Regarding the Bet on Soldier demo, I already deinstalled it, but the
    setting reminded me of Iron Storm and this is in fact a kind of sequel.

    On 5 Sep 2005 00:36:48 -0700, "steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >x-no-archive: yes
    >
    >Les steel wrote:
    >
    >> yet I still buy games
    >
    >oh no you don't mister les!
    >you don't buy pc games released in 2005, that i can
    >for sure guaranty you
    >if you did you would have starforce installed in your
    >own computer
    >i could give you at least 10 action titles released in
    >2005 with starforce
    >just like andrew the demo man you proved ignorance for
    >not knowing what is happening in the pc game market and
    >you also prove you really don't buy pc games
    >
    >you are in your steam shell isolated from anything not
    >being steam infected and you absolutely don't know what
    >is happening outside steam
    >mister les your world is steam! and steam blinds you for
    >everything else in pc games
    >
    >i don't like starforce
    >i don't want starforce
    >but i do work to try and make it go away from pc games
    >how? by fighting against piracy

    Wrong approach. If you really want to fight it STOP BUYING GAMES THAT USE IT!!

    x-no-archive: yes

    Werner Spahl wrote:

    > May I ask what is the problem with Starforce?

    personally i'm against any copy protection in pc games
    my view is for pc games overall no copy protection is better
    we pc gamers don't have to deal with it and publishers don't
    have to spend money with it
    its an extra layer of complexity and possible problems that
    doesn't add a thing to a better gameplay experience
    but the problem is piracy is extremely high in pc games and
    if developers and publishers don't get money for their work
    pc games will disappear
    so i do understand why copy protection exists in pc games
    it exists only cause of piracy and cause many don't respect
    developers work and have no problem stealing it

    if the pc gamer community was all like me and you Werner you
    bet there would not be any copy protection in games but the
    reality is very different and unfortunately we are surrounded
    by people that will steal if they have a chance to do it

    now about starforce specifically
    i'm against starforce more than others cause it relies on
    software drivers to work and you know that can create even
    more problems
    also its reported that starforce "scans" your system for
    cd/dvd copy utilities and if it finds them it refuses to
    run which i think its not good or fair

    but the most important is i'm against copy protection in
    general, so i don't want only starforce to stop being used
    but any kind of copy protection

    yes i totally understand it can only happen when piracy is
    no longer a major problem so probably i'm being naive and
    wishing for something impossible to happen

    nevertheless and even being a very difficult task or even
    impossible to end piracy, i will still fight against it
    cause piracy damage pc games and us all

    > And why should it not be possible for pirates to create the
    > usual no-cd cracks and cd-images?

    i really don't know the answer
    i don't pirate neither i look for no-cd cracks or even use
    cd-images
    i play the game as they give me
    i'm totally used with the system of having the original cd
    inserted in my drive every time i want to play a game
    but for what i read starforce is frequently updated so at
    least its creator says its more difficult to pirate than
    other copy protections
    is this really true? i really don't know but i do understand
    your point... no matter what copy protection there will
    always be a way to crack it but that seams not enough for
    publisher to stop using it and do you blame them for it?
    do you blame any publisher for using copy protection even
    if they know it will be cracked?
    i can't blame them cause of the high level piracy has reached
    in pc games
    i don't blame neither i criticize any publisher for using
    copy protection at least the ones available (i don't see
    steam as a copy protection system)

    currently i buy any retail full version pc game even if it
    has starforce or any other known copy protection
    i don't like copy protection, i'm against it but i accept
    it, i use it and understand why publisher use it

    the only pc games i don't buy are steam infected
    steam infected games are the ones i boycott and don't buy

    but there is a special game and a special publisher that
    manages to raise on top of everything
    we both have a very strong admiration for them, its id
    look at doom3, a 2004 release but still a major title
    and id with patch 1.2 managed to not only take off copy
    protection but also take off the need to have the cd
    inserted to play doom3
    this is great! this is the way every title should be!
    no copy protection and no cd inserted needed to play!
    obviously now its way easy to pirate doom3 and id knows
    about it but for id the customer, we the pc gamers are
    more important
    for id we come first
    so they don't mind loosing some profits if its for the
    good of us pc gamers
    and we need to THANK id for this
    so now what can we do to give back to id?
    giving back to id is not only buy the game but why not
    buy an extra copy (for backup purposes) and specially
    not pirate the game, not lending, not giving away or
    copy to others and actively go against anyone trying to
    pirate doom3
    after what id did with patch 1.2 with doom3, this title
    should be totally protected by us
    no its not the police that will stop pirates stealing
    doom3 but rather we will!
    if we want we can't stop them
    i will start by nobody except me will ever play my own copy
    of doom3
    but i'll do more to "thank" id
    i will buy again doom3 when a "game of the year" edition
    is released
    i will buy again doom3 when a "gold" edition is released
    i will buy again doom3 when a "platinum" edition is released
    i will buy again doom3 when a "collector" edition is released
    and i will defend doom3 from pirates forever!
    that is my promise to id after the GOOD they gave to me
    THANK YOU SO MUCH ID!
    LONG LIVE ID SOFTWARE! THE BEST GAME DEVELOPER EVER!

    --
    post made in a steam-free computer
    i said "NO" to valve and steam

    x-no-archive: yes

    Memnoch wrote:

    <snip>

    with all do respect... no sir
    this year i've already bought 5 or 6 pc game titles which
    are copy protected by starforce and i'm sure i'll buy much
    more in the future
    yes i don't like it but i do accept it and i don't regret
    having bought the games cause of starforce, i might regret
    cause i didn't like the game but that is another issue
    the point is i will still buy starforce games cause i do
    understand publishers have to defend profits cause without
    them we will stop having pc games to buy and play
    the only way to ask publishers to stop using copy protection
    including starforce is to fight against piracy
    fighting against piracy is a DUTY every pc gamer must have!
    including YOU sir!

    and btw if i stopped buying starforce copy protected games
    i would simply end up having almost no pc game to play
    so even in practical reasons its impossible to run way from
    copy protection or even starforce in pc games

    as for systems currently available that should be boycotted
    the only system i do boycott is retail steam infected games
    those are the ones everyone should boycott cause they are
    completely against consumer rights and very damaging to us
    all
    SAY NO TO STEAM!
    BOYCOTT STEAM INFECTED GAMES!
    DON'T BUY STEAM RETAIL GAMES!
    LONG LIVE PC GAMES STEAM FREE!

    --

    On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 18:26:49 GMT, Praxiteles Democritus <no@email.here> wrote:

    >|On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 10:28:34 -0700, Pluvious <Pluvious@knowhere.com>
    >|wrote:
    >|

    >|>That, and he's got a IQ of
    >| ^^
    >|>my dog.
    >|>Pluvious
    >|>

    >|It's "an" not "a". Hehe.

    Heh.. good point. It is "an". Nice catch.

    Pluvious

    x-no-archive: yes

    rlsuth wrote:

    > don't understand why games companies are using Starforce

    what is making publishers use starforce is PIRACY!
    and what is killing the industry is PIRACY!

    if you want starforce out of pc games just like me and all
    pc gamers around the world cause believe me everyone hates
    starforce then fight against PIRACY!

    if you lend your own pc game titles to your friend
    if you copy your own pc game titles to give to your friends
    if you play pc game titles without owning a legal copy
    all this is PIRACY
    all this damage pc games
    and all this is the reason why starforce exists!

    stop whining about starforce and do something about it
    FIGHT AGAINST PIRACY! starting now and do it everyday for
    the rest of your life!

    --

    Thusly "rlsuth" <rlsuth@comcast.net> Spake Unto All:

    >I just don't understand why games companies are using Starforce. I refuse to
    >buy a game with Starforce on it, and I used to buy 100's of games. They
    >really are killing the industry. It's just stupid.

    Quoted for truth.

    "rlsuth" <rlsuth@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >I love it when Demo's install Starforce, as it gives me a headsup not to
    >buy
    > the game.
    >
    > I just don't understand why games companies are using Starforce. I refuse
    > buy a game with Starforce on it, and I used to buy 100's of games. They
    > really are killing the industry. It's just stupid.

    Does Starforce show up in Add/Remove programs, or as a newly installed
    service? How hard is it to get rid of after you toast the demo?
  18. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 15:12:42 GMT, "Company Man" <spook@covert.invalid>
    wrote:

    >Does Starforce show up in Add/Remove programs, or as a newly installed
    >service? How hard is it to get rid of after you toast the demo?

    It is a hidden device in the hardware control panel. I found a
    Starforce removal program with a bit of googling.
  19. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Thusly "Company Man" <spook@covert.invalid> Spake Unto All:

    >Does Starforce show up in Add/Remove programs, or as a newly installed
    >service? How hard is it to get rid of after you toast the demo?

    1) No, you're not supposed to know you have it.
    2) No, it's a hidden driver (buried deep in the "other hardware"
    tree).
    3) Fairly hard. You need special removal software; originally there
    was only a third-party offering but public outcry made starforce
    actually make a remover available for those who know about and want to
    get rid of their filth:
    http://www.onlinesecurity-on.com/protect.phtml?c=55

PC gaming Games World Of Warcraft Cross Platform Video Games