hitman0065

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2002
I have a SoundBlaster live, with surround sound speakers connected to them. I also have onboard sound. Both sound cards work. My question is, is there software out there that will let me select wich soundcard I can use with a paticular program. I want to use my soundblaster for games, music and movies, and I want to use my onboard sound for windows sounds and chat sounds. Iam tired of dings and bells blasting over my surround sound. I still want to have the windows and chat sound I just dont want them playing over my surround sound. I want to plug small speakers into my onboard sound for the bells and dings. Has anyone ever heard of somthing like this?

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
Plug the two-speaker system into your onboard sound. Each time you want to switch, go into the Control Panel, click on Sounds and Multimedia, click the Audio tab, change the preferred device option under Sound Playback to the either the Live! or AC97 or whatever you have.

To start press any key. Where's the "any" key? --Homer Simpson.

hitman0065

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2002
Yes thats what Iam doing now, but the whole point is to use both soundcards at the same time. Some programs will let you choose which sound device you would like to use, like winamp. Most programs however do not have this feature. I was wondering if there is software out there that will let you select which programs to use with one of the two soundcards.

TRENDING THREADS