Headset to listen to music and make calls

Zoned87

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012
Hi,

I work at a call center and am hooked up to a ShoreTel telephone with a wireless headset. The wireless headset is very uncomfortable and I bought a gaming headset that I bring to work to listen to music. We use a shoretel system to make calls from our computer.

Is it possible to hook up my gaming headset to my computer to listen to music and hook an ethernet cable to my computer to be able to switch over and make calls out of?
I believe it is possible to just hook my headset to my phone via a pink and green jack to phone jack but I would also love to listen to music as well. I guess I can get small headphones underneath but it seems like it should be possible to do both on one.

Thank you!

I am somewhat confused. You say you make calls from your computer but you talk about jacks on the phone which implies a separate device.

If you have software that is compatible with your phone system you can use the PC as a telephone and it will use whatever headset you want. The pc phone client we use is even smart enough to mute other audio sources by itself when you get a incoming phone call.

If you are talking about a physical phone then I suspect you best bet is to get a physical switch to switch back and forth.