Functional driver and software for v300 PC interface

Tags:
  • Motorola
  • Phones
  • Cable
Last response: in Brands
August 28, 2004 4:23:26 AM

I recently got a brand new v300 phone. I also recently bought Phone
Tools 2.20b. Once I got it installed, it worked fine...for about half
an hour. The next day, nothing. I've reinstalled countless times, on
two separate machines (and yes, I installed everything before
connecting the cable). Phone Tools used to draw the correct model when
bringing up its main screen, but no longer. I figure either the cable
is flaky, or some setting has been screwed up in the phone.

Is there no hope for this cable? I thought a genuine Motorola cable
would surely work for more than a day. Right now the cable and
software are 100% useless. Is there a source for a working driver that
I don't know about? I've tried downloading from motclub.com and
www.datapilot.com. I'm about ready to give up...

Thanks

More about : functional driver software v300 interface

Anonymous
August 28, 2004 12:25:00 PM

In article <45126e60.0408272323.302838c6@posting.google.com>, srp336
@getcoactive.com says...
> I'm about ready to give up...

I'd be inclined to rule out the connection between cable and phone. Do
you know anyone else with a v300 (or one of the other similar phones
with the same cable connectors) you could 'borrow' for five minutes and
confirm that the cable isn't working.

Obviously if you plug the cable into a different v300 and all works then
you can assume a fault in the phone. If the connection still doesn't
work then I'd assume a fault in the cable and software.

Whichever bit isn't working I'd take it back and get it replaced. There
are plenty of folk using the Phone Tools and cable without any trouble
at all.

Andrew

--

Reply address ROT13 encoded to reduce UCE.
naqerjfgrryr@fcnzpbc.arg

Restart the phone and try again.

!