Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Hotsync - Unknown Error

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
Share
May 18, 2004 2:04:32 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

I'm running a Palm 515 with Desktop 4.1 on Windows 2000Pro with all patches.

Below is the log file from a Hotsync.

Logs going back quite a long time show this same error although *not* always
for the same file and *sometimes* for several files.

There is *no* indication, during/after the actual Hotsync, that anything has
gone wrong - no alerts on the PC or on the Palm itself.

Any ideas please?

============ start of Hotsync log ========
HotSync operation started 05/18/04 09:35:48
OK Date Book
OK Address Book
OK To Do List
OK Memo Pad
OK Note Pad
OK Documents To Go
OK CryptInfo
HotSync Error: Unknown error. (1)
-- Backing up db Saved Preferences to file D:\Program
Files\Palm\FuchsH\Backup\Saved_Preferences.PRC
OK System
HotSync operation complete 05/18/04 09:36:05
================== end of Hotsync log ===========

--
Harold Fuchs
Homo Sapiens Non Urinat in Ventum

More about : hotsync unknown error

Anonymous
May 18, 2004 6:30:10 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

On Tue, 18 May 2004 10:04:32 +0100, Harold had this to say...


> I'm running a Palm 515 with Desktop 4.1 on Windows 2000Pro with all patches.
>
> Below is the log file from a Hotsync.
>
> Logs going back quite a long time show this same error although *not* always
> for the same file and *sometimes* for several files.
>
> There is *no* indication, during/after the actual Hotsync, that anything has
> gone wrong - no alerts on the PC or on the Palm itself.
>
> Any ideas please?
>
> ============ start of Hotsync log ========
> HotSync operation started 05/18/04 09:35:48
> OK Date Book
> OK Address Book
> OK To Do List
> OK Memo Pad
> OK Note Pad
> OK Documents To Go
> OK CryptInfo
> HotSync Error: Unknown error. (1)
> -- Backing up db Saved Preferences to file D:\Program
> Files\Palm\FuchsH\Backup\Saved_Preferences.PRC
> OK System
> HotSync operation complete 05/18/04 09:36:05
> ================== end of Hotsync log ===========
>
>

Have you tried Hotsync check from PalmOne?
<http://www.palmone.com/us/support/downloads/hotsyncchec...;
It is a small download and seams to solve a lot of problems in Windows.

--
Hope this helps.
Jim Anderson
( 8(|) To email me just pull my_finger
May 18, 2004 7:55:24 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Jim Anderson wrote:
> On Tue, 18 May 2004 10:04:32 +0100, Harold had this to say...
>
>
>> I'm running a Palm 515 with Desktop 4.1 on Windows 2000Pro with all
>> patches.
>>
>> Below is the log file from a Hotsync.
>>
>> Logs going back quite a long time show this same error although
>> *not* always for the same file and *sometimes* for several files.
>>
>> There is *no* indication, during/after the actual Hotsync, that
>> anything has gone wrong - no alerts on the PC or on the Palm itself.
>>
>> Any ideas please?
>>
>> ============ start of Hotsync log ========
>> HotSync operation started 05/18/04 09:35:48
>> OK Date Book
>> OK Address Book
>> OK To Do List
>> OK Memo Pad
>> OK Note Pad
>> OK Documents To Go
>> OK CryptInfo
>> HotSync Error: Unknown error. (1)
>> -- Backing up db Saved Preferences to file D:\Program
>> Files\Palm\FuchsH\Backup\Saved_Preferences.PRC
>> OK System
>> HotSync operation complete 05/18/04 09:36:05
>> ================== end of Hotsync log ===========
>>
>>
>
> Have you tried Hotsync check from PalmOne?
> <http://www.palmone.com/us/support/downloads/hotsyncchec...;
> It is a small download and seams to solve a lot of problems in
> Windows.
Thanks. I hadn't come across this program before.

I just tried it. It reported that there were no errors. Immediately after
this I did a Hotsync and got exactly the same error message for the Saved
Preferences file.

Help.

Please.

--
Harold Fuchs
Homo Sapiens Non Urinat in Ventum
Related resources
Anonymous
May 18, 2004 7:55:25 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Have you tried hotsynching at a lower speed?
If hotsynching via USB, connect direct to the PC, not to a hub.

--
Toby
asktoby.com
BSOD VST & ME
Anonymous
May 18, 2004 10:49:04 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Harold <harold@wolfeden.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> Thanks. I hadn't come across this program before.
>
> I just tried it. It reported that there were no errors. Immediately
> after this I did a Hotsync and got exactly the same error message for
> the Saved Preferences file.

The error isn't reported for the line below the error message, but the line
above it. It's most likely CryptInfo that has problems.

--
*Art
May 19, 2004 4:36:34 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Arthur Hagen wrote:
> Harold <harold@wolfeden.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>> Thanks. I hadn't come across this program before.
>>
>> I just tried it. It reported that there were no errors. Immediately
>> after this I did a Hotsync and got exactly the same error message for
>> the Saved Preferences file.
>
> The error isn't reported for the line below the error message, but
> the line above it. It's most likely CryptInfo that has problems.
The log shown below suggests otherwise.

============== start of Hotsync log ==========
HotSync operation started 05/19/04 12:24:37
OK Date Book
OK Address Book
OK To Do List
OK Memo Pad
OK Note Pad
OK Documents To Go
OK CryptInfo
HotSync Error: Unknown error. (1)
-- Backing up db CryptInfo Database to file D:\Program
Files\Palm\FuchsH\Backup\CryptInfo_Database.PDB
-- Backing up db Saved Preferences to file D:\Program
Files\Palm\FuchsH\Backup\Saved_Preferences.PRC
OK System
HotSync operation complete 05/19/04 12:24:53
============= end of log ===============

In fact, this is the first time I've noticed Cryptinfo being mentioned
although other apps/files have been such as psysLaunchDB and XWRDtemp

--
Harold Fuchs
Homo Sapiens Non Urinat in Ventum
!