DoD Source date confirmed

Release date is 26th September and price is $20.
Considering the differance between the Bronze and Silver
packages on Steam is $10 and I bought the retail version which is the same
as Bronze - Im facing twice the extra price and Im not offered HL:Source
either. Valve is stiffing the customer yet again.
6 answers Last reply
More about source date confirmed

    Sleepy wrote:
    > Release date is 26th September and price is $20.
    > Considering the differance between the Bronze and Silver
    > packages on Steam is $10 and I bought the retail version which is the same
    > as Bronze - Im facing twice the extra price and Im not offered HL:Source
    > either. Valve is stiffing the customer yet again.

    How is that stiffing the customer. I got the silver package as one of
    the things I wanted was DOD:Source. I also got a bunch of other games
    for about £10. If you don't think DOD:Source is worth it, don't buy it!

    "Sleepy" <bpespleyremovetheobvious@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Release date is 26th September and price is $20.
    > Considering the differance between the Bronze and Silver
    > packages on Steam is $10 and I bought the retail version which is the same
    > as Bronze - Im facing twice the extra price and Im not offered HL:Source
    > either. Valve is stiffing the customer yet again.

    Where did you get the info on it being $20?

    http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=news&id=441

    Sleepy wrote:

    > http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=news&id=441

    "...DoD: Source is a rebuild from the ground up of Day of Defeat on the
    Source engine."

    At least this is a total Source engine conversion unlike Half-Life: Source
    which only added a few graphical improvments.

    > "Shawk" <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Sleepy" <bpespleyremovetheobvious@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    >>> Release date is 26th September and price is $20.
    >>> Considering the differance between the Bronze and Silver
    >>> packages on Steam is $10 and I bought the retail version which is the
    >>> same as Bronze - Im facing twice the extra price and Im not offered
    >>> HL:Source either. Valve is stiffing the customer yet again.
    >>
    >> Where did you get the info on it being $20?
    >>

    > http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=news&id=441

    Thanks Sleepy. Whether or not it's a rip off is going to depend of course
    on whether it is any good. Whichever package you bought aside, $20 for a
    new game aint that bad. I have the retail version so I'm not being biased.
    I'd prefer it for $10 too.

    Quoth The Raven: JAB <nochance@nohope.com> in
    EAyUe.14681$vC4.6765@newsfe4-win.ntli.net
    > Sleepy wrote:
    >> Release date is 26th September and price is $20.
    >> Considering the differance between the Bronze and Silver
    >> packages on Steam is $10 and I bought the retail version which is
    >> the same as Bronze - Im facing twice the extra price and Im not
    >> offered HL:Source either. Valve is stiffing the customer yet again.
    >>

    > How is that stiffing the customer. I got the silver package as one of
    > the things I wanted was DOD:Source. I also got a bunch of other games
    > for about £10. If you don't think DOD:Source is worth it, don't buy
    > it!

    I only paid USD$10 for the silver package (ATI voucher) so I got my
    monies worth, but to be honest all I ever cared for was to play HL2 and
    its expansions lost coast and aftermath.

    --
    "Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but
    when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint Exupery

    Take out the _CURSING to reply to me

PC gaming Video Games