sleepy

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2001

Release date is 26th September and price is $20.
Considering the differance between the Bronze and Silver
packages on Steam is $10 and I bought the retail version which is the same
as Bronze - Im facing twice the extra price and Im not offered HL:Source
either. Valve is stiffing the customer yet again.

Jab

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2004

Sleepy wrote:
> Release date is 26th September and price is $20.
> Considering the differance between the Bronze and Silver
> packages on Steam is $10 and I bought the retail version which is the same
> as Bronze - Im facing twice the extra price and Im not offered HL:Source
> either. Valve is stiffing the customer yet again.

How is that stiffing the customer. I got the silver package as one of
the things I wanted was DOD:Source. I also got a bunch of other games
for about £10. If you don't think DOD:Source is worth it, don't buy it!

shawk

"Sleepy" <bpespleyremovetheobvious@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Release date is 26th September and price is $20.
> Considering the differance between the Bronze and Silver
> packages on Steam is $10 and I bought the retail version which is the same
> as Bronze - Im facing twice the extra price and Im not offered HL:Source
> either. Valve is stiffing the customer yet again.

Where did you get the info on it being $20?

sleepy

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2001

http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=news&id=441

> "Shawk" <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> wrote in message
>>
>> "Sleepy" <bpespleyremovetheobvious@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> Release date is 26th September and price is $20.
>>> Considering the differance between the Bronze and Silver
>>> packages on Steam is $10 and I bought the retail version which is the
>>> same as Bronze - Im facing twice the extra price and Im not offered
>>> HL:Source either. Valve is stiffing the customer yet again.
>>
>> Where did you get the info on it being $20?
>>

> http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=news&id=441

Thanks Sleepy. Whether or not it's a rip off is going to depend of course
on whether it is any good. Whichever package you bought aside, $20 for a
new game aint that bad. I have the retail version so I'm not being biased.
I'd prefer it for $10 too.

Quoth The Raven: JAB <nochance@nohope.com> in
EAyUe.14681$vC4.6765@newsfe4-win.ntli.net
> Sleepy wrote:
>> Release date is 26th September and price is $20.
>> Considering the differance between the Bronze and Silver
>> packages on Steam is $10 and I bought the retail version which is
>> the same as Bronze - Im facing twice the extra price and Im not
>> offered HL:Source either. Valve is stiffing the customer yet again.
>>

> How is that stiffing the customer. I got the silver package as one of
> the things I wanted was DOD:Source. I also got a bunch of other games
> for about £10. If you don't think DOD:Source is worth it, don't buy
> it!

I only paid USD$10 for the silver package (ATI voucher) so I got my
monies worth, but to be honest all I ever cared for was to play HL2 and
its expansions lost coast and aftermath.

--
"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but
when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint Exupery

Take out the _CURSING to reply to me