V600?

Last response: in Brands
Share
August 31, 2004 4:26:25 AM

How do people like their v600? If you have used it and other phones, how do
they compare?

Note--I don't care about ringtones, games, or even the camera.(Although I
might occasionally use the camera, the camera quality is not of importance.
I already have a good digital camera.)

So--how is it as a phone? How good is the reception, sound quality, etc.?
Sufficient volume? Ease of use, dialing features? Sturdiness? Have many
people had problems with theirs?

Any comments on it, and in comparison with other phones, would be welcome,
as I am considering buying one. (I am also interested in how well the
Bluetooth feature works, but I have asked about that in another thread.)

More about : v600

Anonymous
August 31, 2004 3:36:18 PM

MS a écrit :
> How do people like their v600? If you have used it and other phones, how do
> they compare?
>
> Note--I don't care about ringtones, games, or even the camera.(Although I
> might occasionally use the camera, the camera quality is not of importance.
> I already have a good digital camera.)
>
> So--how is it as a phone? How good is the reception, sound quality, etc.?
> Sufficient volume? Ease of use, dialing features? Sturdiness? Have many
> people had problems with theirs?
>
> Any comments on it, and in comparison with other phones, would be welcome,
> as I am considering buying one. (I am also interested in how well the
> Bluetooth feature works, but I have asked about that in another thread.)

Hi there,

Pros:
- quite quick
- flap avoids unlocking keyboard
- small
- nice design
- gives choice between many calling procedures: voice activation,
direct access xx# number, long keypress, directory and maybe I'm
missing some others
- direct access to ringing mode thru side buttons

Cons:
- Low sensitivty to network access (in France's Bouygues Telecom at
least)
- quite heavy for such a small unit
- PC SW doesn't allow for default number on vcard (home, office,
mobile,...) so that you have to choose manually which one is the
preferred one. Quite a painful!
- VERY low battery life compared to Siemens S series
- iconic menus ain't that easy when used to Siemens' text ones but you
can switch to text
- WORST ASPECT: can search directory with more than the correspondent
FIRST initial: A MESS! If you're looking for "Schmitt", you must press
"S" and then scroll one name at a time... Why in 2004??
- Keyboard seems to bounce when scrolling names or options so you have
to scroll back
- Motorola leather case makes the elastic strap at the back of the
telephone get around the antenna when you don't take care
- Also, that strap masks the camera lens if you don't keep it away with
your finger...

and I think I forget some others

Sorry...

--
Olivier
Remove NOSPAM and NOPAIN from mail address

Try using Google and searching for V600 reviews on the web. I'm
willing to bet there's hundreds.

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 00:26:25 -0700, " MS"
<ms@nospam.com> wrote:

>How do people like their v600? If you have used it and other phones, how do
>they compare?
>
>Note--I don't care about ringtones, games, or even the camera.(Although I
>might occasionally use the camera, the camera quality is not of importance.
>I already have a good digital camera.)
>
>So--how is it as a phone? How good is the reception, sound quality, etc.?
>Sufficient volume? Ease of use, dialing features? Sturdiness? Have many
>people had problems with theirs?
>
>Any comments on it, and in comparison with other phones, would be welcome,
>as I am considering buying one. (I am also interested in how well the
>Bluetooth feature works, but I have asked about that in another thread.)

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
August 31, 2004 4:41:08 PM

"Khris" <khris.phillipsNOSPAM@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Try using Google and searching for V600 reviews on the web. I'm
> willing to bet there's hundreds.
>
> On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 00:26:25 -0700, " MS"
> <ms@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>>How do people like their v600? If you have used it and other phones, how
>>do
>>they compare?
>>
>>Note--I don't care about ringtones, games, or even the camera.(Although I
>>might occasionally use the camera, the camera quality is not of
>>importance.
>>I already have a good digital camera.)
>>
>>So--how is it as a phone? How good is the reception, sound quality, etc.?
>>Sufficient volume? Ease of use, dialing features? Sturdiness? Have many
>>people had problems with theirs?
>>
>>Any comments on it, and in comparison with other phones, would be welcome,
>>as I am considering buying one. (I am also interested in how well the
>>Bluetooth feature works, but I have asked about that in another thread.)

Try this one:

http://www.phonescoop.com/

bamp
August 31, 2004 4:41:08 PM

"Khris" <khris.phillipsNOSPAM@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Try using Google and searching for V600 reviews on the web. I'm
> willing to bet there's hundreds.

Well, I might use Google, but I don't understand your reply. I asked a
question here, for readers here to respond if they wished.

If you have nothing to say about the v600, why do you respond to my post
just telling me to "use Google"? One always sees some posts like that of
Khris here. Rather silly, IMO. Why should someone write just telling me the
obvious, that I can look up a product on Google or any other search engine,
and not contribute anything to the discussion at hand?

Khris, are you of the opinion that newsgroups should cease to exist, and
that everyone should just "use Google" (I guess not "Google Groups"), and
not have Usenet discussions any more? If so, why are you reading this?

Or is it that you just bought some of that new Google stock, so are pushing
its use, trying to increase your Google profit?

And actually, using a search engine is not always the best way to find
unbiased information on a product. Why don't you try it? Put the term v600
into Google. What do you see? Thousands of ads. You would have to go through
a lot of results to find an unbiased review--probably less than one in a
hundred results. Even if you put the words v600 and review as your search
term, the result would be mostly ads. (Sales people know people are looking
for reviews, and put the word on their web site.)

So yes, asking about a Motorola product on a Motorola newsgroup is quite
appropriate IMO. I really don't need someone to tell me to "use Google".

(I hope this thread doesn't get sidetracked by this side discussion though,
and people continue to respond about the v600, like the very informative
reply by Olivier.
August 31, 2004 4:41:09 PM

"bamp" <bampatcenturyteldotnet> wrote in message
> Try this one:
>
> http://www.phonescoop.com/
>
> bamp

Just looked at the reviews on phonescoop. Makes me less likely to buy the
phone. Of course, some people like the phone and others don't, and one
doesn't know who to believe. But it seems there are more negative reviews
than positive.

Still interested in hearing from users here as well.
Anonymous
August 31, 2004 7:56:10 PM

blah blah blah, I hope you aren't this long winded in person because
I'm sure people get very tired of listening to you.

My point is that there are more resources available then there are
pedophile catholic priests! Welcome to The Internet! What you're
willing to put into is is exactly what you're going to get out of it.

If you spent a little bit of time searching through the various
reviews, I'm sure you could find ones which would give you the
information you're looking for. Key idea here is "spending a bit of
time". Too many people are of the instant gratification persuasion
and don't have the patience or ability to do the work
themselves....they would rather have someone else do it for them.

No I'm not of the opinion that newsgroups should cease to exist, and
that line of thought has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

The "very informative" reply by Olivier could have been found by
Google as well....which is exactly my point! The information is out
there, get off your lazy ass and search for it rather then expecting
it to be handed to you by others.

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 08:44:44 -0700, " MS"
<ms@nospam.com> wrote:

>"Khris" <khris.phillipsNOSPAM@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Try using Google and searching for V600 reviews on the web. I'm
>> willing to bet there's hundreds.
>
>Well, I might use Google, but I don't understand your reply. I asked a
>question here, for readers here to respond if they wished.
>
>If you have nothing to say about the v600, why do you respond to my post
>just telling me to "use Google"? One always sees some posts like that of
>Khris here. Rather silly, IMO. Why should someone write just telling me the
>obvious, that I can look up a product on Google or any other search engine,
>and not contribute anything to the discussion at hand?
>
>Khris, are you of the opinion that newsgroups should cease to exist, and
>that everyone should just "use Google" (I guess not "Google Groups"), and
>not have Usenet discussions any more? If so, why are you reading this?
>
>Or is it that you just bought some of that new Google stock, so are pushing
>its use, trying to increase your Google profit?
>
>And actually, using a search engine is not always the best way to find
>unbiased information on a product. Why don't you try it? Put the term v600
>into Google. What do you see? Thousands of ads. You would have to go through
>a lot of results to find an unbiased review--probably less than one in a
>hundred results. Even if you put the words v600 and review as your search
>term, the result would be mostly ads. (Sales people know people are looking
>for reviews, and put the word on their web site.)
>
>So yes, asking about a Motorola product on a Motorola newsgroup is quite
>appropriate IMO. I really don't need someone to tell me to "use Google".
>
>(I hope this thread doesn't get sidetracked by this side discussion though,
>and people continue to respond about the v600, like the very informative
>reply by Olivier.

Anonymous
August 31, 2004 10:07:08 PM

> [...]
>>
>>And actually, using a search engine is not always the best way to find
>>unbiased information on a product. Why don't you try it? Put the term v600
>>into Google. What do you see? Thousands of ads. You would have to go
>>through
>>a lot of results to find an unbiased review--probably less than one in a
>>hundred results. Even if you put the words v600 and review as your search
>>term, the result would be mostly ads. (Sales people know people are
>>looking
>>for reviews, and put the word on their web site.)
>>
>>So yes, asking about a Motorola product on a Motorola newsgroup is quite
>>appropriate IMO. I really don't need someone to tell me to "use Google".
>>
>>(I hope this thread doesn't get sidetracked by this side discussion
>>though,
>>and people continue to respond about the v600, like the very informative

Mate

I love mine, I think it is fantastic, however I am looking at getting the
MPX - 200 as it supports outlook and takes a memory card. Other than that
the V600 is PROBABLY the best phone yet from Motorola.

Alex
Anonymous
August 31, 2004 10:07:09 PM

"Bhash the Bishop" <billy@nomates.com> wrote in message

> [...]
>>>hundred results. Even if you put the words v600 and review as your search
>>>term, the result would be mostly ads. (Sales people know people are
>>>looking
>>>for reviews, and put the word on their web site.)
>>>
>>>So yes, asking about a Motorola product on a Motorola newsgroup is quite
>>>appropriate IMO. I really don't need someone to tell me to "use Google".
>>>
>>>(I hope this thread doesn't get sidetracked by this side discussion
>>>though,
>>>and people continue to respond about the v600, like the very informative
>>>reply by Olivier.
>>>

> Mate
>
> I love mine, I think it is fantastic, however I am looking at getting the
> MPX - 200 as it supports outlook and takes a memory card. Other than that
> the V600 is PROBABLY the best phone yet from Motorola.

try www.howardforums.com (motorola section) to see what current users are
saying.

Kev
Anonymous
August 31, 2004 10:26:29 PM

V600 is simply the best phone I have ever had.

No significant defects, annoyances or faults after 3 months use.

Very sturdy, much more solid than a lot of my mate's Nokias.

Love the menus and easy to access functions, but I am used to Motorola's so
I know my way around. Nokia users don't like Motorolas, not 'cause they are
not good, but cause they are unfamiliar and the menu system is different.

Cam pics are good, I have printed several at about 6x4 inches and they are
perfectly acceptable for a cam phone. Not stunning but acceptable.

Screen is clear and big.

I've always preferred clamshells since I had a SE T610 and had to keep the
keypad locked to stop it dialling out in my pocket - what a pain that was.

Bluetooth functions are good and I can swap pics etc with my PDA without a
problem.

Ring tones are nice and loud - much louder than on the T720i - and the
vibrate alert is nice and strong - again, stronger than the T720i.

Reminder function is brilliant - if you miss a call or SMS the phone will
vibrate or bleep every 5 minutes to remind you until you open it up. Great
if you leave it lying out of earshot and a call comes in. Soon as you get
back in earshot you are alerted without having to look at the screen.

I have a Jabra BT200 headset which works perfectly - voice dial is reliable,
and auto answer works great when in the car.

Having said all that I am getting quite excited about the forthcoming RAZR
V3 or whatever its called. All the same functions as the V600 but in a much
sexier shell. That will probably be my next upgared in 6 months time.

Hope that helps.

Lofty

" MS" <ms@nospam.com> wrote in message
> How do people like their v600? If you have used it and other phones, how
do
> they compare?
>
> Note--I don't care about ringtones, games, or even the camera.(Although I
> might occasionally use the camera, the camera quality is not of
importance.
> I already have a good digital camera.)
>
> So--how is it as a phone? How good is the reception, sound quality, etc.?
> Sufficient volume? Ease of use, dialing features? Sturdiness? Have many
> people had problems with theirs?
>
> Any comments on it, and in comparison with other phones, would be welcome,
> as I am considering buying one. (I am also interested in how well the
> Bluetooth feature works, but I have asked about that in another thread.)

September 1, 2004 3:23:38 AM

"Bhash the Bishop" <billy@nomates.com> wrote in message
> I love mine, I think it is fantastic, however I am looking at getting the
> MPX - 200 as it supports outlook and takes a memory card. Other than that
> the V600 is PROBABLY the best phone yet from Motorola.
>
> Alex

Thanks for responding, Alex.

Do you mean the MPX220? It will be coming out soon, an update to the MPX200.
Supposed to be much improved, and includes Bluetooth.

My carrier is T-Mobile, however, and they now carry the v600, and it looks
like they will not be carrying the mpx220, so that would be much more
expensive for me, not covered by the T-Mobile replacement warranty, etc.
September 1, 2004 3:24:55 AM

> try www.howardforums.com (motorola section) to see what current users are
> saying.
>
> Kev

I see there are a lot of negative reviews of it there. Makes me less likely
to get it now.
September 1, 2004 3:25:40 AM

Thanks for the info, Lofty!

"Lofty" <paulloft@btconnect.com> wrote in message
> V600 is simply the best phone I have ever had.
>
> No significant defects, annoyances or faults after 3 months use.
>
> Very sturdy, much more solid than a lot of my mate's Nokias.
>
> Love the menus and easy to access functions, but I am used to Motorola's
> so
> I know my way around. Nokia users don't like Motorolas, not 'cause they
> are
> not good, but cause they are unfamiliar and the menu system is different.
>
> Cam pics are good, I have printed several at about 6x4 inches and they are
> perfectly acceptable for a cam phone. Not stunning but acceptable.
>
> Screen is clear and big.
>
> I've always preferred clamshells since I had a SE T610 and had to keep the
> keypad locked to stop it dialling out in my pocket - what a pain that was.
>
> Bluetooth functions are good and I can swap pics etc with my PDA without a
> problem.
>
> Ring tones are nice and loud - much louder than on the T720i - and the
> vibrate alert is nice and strong - again, stronger than the T720i.
>
> Reminder function is brilliant - if you miss a call or SMS the phone will
> vibrate or bleep every 5 minutes to remind you until you open it up. Great
> if you leave it lying out of earshot and a call comes in. Soon as you get
> back in earshot you are alerted without having to look at the screen.
>
> I have a Jabra BT200 headset which works perfectly - voice dial is
> reliable,
> and auto answer works great when in the car.
>
> Having said all that I am getting quite excited about the forthcoming RAZR
> V3 or whatever its called. All the same functions as the V600 but in a
> much
> sexier shell. That will probably be my next upgared in 6 months time.
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Lofty
>
> " MS" <ms@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> How do people like their v600? If you have used it and other phones, how
> do
>> they compare?
>>
>> Note--I don't care about ringtones, games, or even the camera.(Although I
>> might occasionally use the camera, the camera quality is not of
> importance.
>> I already have a good digital camera.)
>>
>> So--how is it as a phone? How good is the reception, sound quality, etc.?
>> Sufficient volume? Ease of use, dialing features? Sturdiness? Have many
>> people had problems with theirs?
>>
>> Any comments on it, and in comparison with other phones, would be
>> welcome,
>> as I am considering buying one. (I am also interested in how well the
>> Bluetooth feature works, but I have asked about that in another thread.)

September 1, 2004 3:35:34 AM

"Khris" <khris.phillipsNOSPAM@gmail.com> wrote in message
> blah blah blah, I hope you aren't this long winded in person because
> I'm sure people get very tired of listening to you.

Long-winded?? Look at all the bullshit you wrote, saying absolutely nothing
about the topic being discussed!

> My point is that there are more resources available then there are
> pedophile catholic priests! Welcome to The Internet! What you're
> willing to put into is is exactly what you're going to get out of it.

So, you are an expert on pedophiles?

So, do you spend your time reading newsgroups in order to make your stupid
point, that every time someone asks a question to others, you give the same
inane answer "use Google"?

What I'm willing to put into it? I have spent a lot of time helping others
in responding to their posts on Usenet, giving information, etc. What are
you "putting into it"? Just making inane responses like you did, not
contributing anything to the discussion at hand, feeling smugly superior,
thinking others are "lazy" because they ask each other questions, etc. You
really are an idiot, although you delude yourself thinking you are better
than others.

> If you spent a little bit of time searching through the various
> reviews, I'm sure you could find ones which would give you the
> information you're looking for. Key idea here is "spending a bit of
> time". Too many people are of the instant gratification persuasion
> and don't have the patience or ability to do the work
> themselves....they would rather have someone else do it for them.

I wasn't asking anyone to "do work" for me! What nonsense! I was asking
people who have used a particular phone, how they like it, how well it works
in comparison to others they have used, etc. In a newsgroup about Motorola
cellular phones, I asked a question about a Motorola cellular phone, others
experience of it, etc. Do you consider a question about a Motorola cellular
phone to be inappropriate in a newsgroup devoted to Motorola cellular
phones?

> The "very informative" reply by Olivier could have been found by
> Google as well....which is exactly my point! The information is out
> there, get off your lazy ass and search for it rather then expecting
> it to be handed to you by others.

Absolutely not! Olivier wrote here, in this newsgroup, about his experience
with the phone. I assume (I could be wrong) that Olivier has not published
an article on the phone to the Internet, that you would find on Google. Now
you could probably find it on Google Groups, but it wouldn't be there if I
hadn't asked the question, that you seem to consider inappropriate for this
newsgroup (a question about a Motorola cellular phone on a newsgroup devoted
to the discussion of Motorola cellular phones), Olivier would not have
replied to it, and then you wouldn't have been able to find it on Google
Groups either.

I didn't ask anyone to hand me anything. A discussion group is for sharing
of information and ideas. I was asking readers about their experience with a
particular phone, such phones are the topic of discussion here. Are you
implying that I should have read user's minds about their experience with
this phone, rather than asking about it, and by mind-reading I would be
"working hard" rather than sitting on my "lazy ass" (i.e., asking people
about their experience with the phone)! I freely share information with
others as well, unlike you, who only seem to respond to newsgroup posts with
insulting remarks!

Also, if you had any brains and knowledge of mobile phones, you would know
that when one searches on the Internet for information on phones, a general
Google search on the web would not be the best place to look for that info.
(You would certainly get a lot of hits, thousands of them, but mostly ads.
Did you try it, as I suggested? Did you search for v600 in Google? How many
real reviews did you find that way?) To look for info on mobile phones on
the web, good sites to go to are howardforums.com, phonescoop.com,
brighthand,com, and others. In fact, I have looked on those sites. I also
asked people on this NG to share their experience with the phone, as
newsgroups are a good place for people to share info and experience with
others.

You really are an absolute idiot and a troll. I think my mistake in this
thread is to have wasted my time replying to you. As they say "don't feed
the trolls". You are trolling newsgroups to get attention for yourself, and
I have given you attention by responding. It probably would have been better
to ignore your idiotic non-response. I'll see if I can restrain myself in
the future, from responding to your idiocy, probably put you in the
killfile.

I hope this has not sidetracked the thread, and that people continue the
discussion on the v600. I'm glad that some have. (And they were smarter than
me, by ignoring your trollery, and staying on topic.) (I would consider that
my failing in this thread, not the original post, but wasting the NG's
bandwidth in replying to you, and feeding your trollery.)

(Sorry, folks. I'll try to ignore him from now on.)
Anonymous
September 1, 2004 3:17:32 PM

OMG! Whoever is shoving quarters into your ass to make you talk,
PLEASE tell them to stop!!

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 23:35:34 -0700, " MS"
<ms@nospam.com> wrote:

> [...]
>thread is to have wasted my time replying to you. As they say "don't feed
>the trolls". You are trolling newsgroups to get attention for yourself, and
>I have given you attention by responding. It probably would have been better
>to ignore your idiotic non-response. I'll see if I can restrain myself in
>the future, from responding to your idiocy, probably put you in the
>killfile.
>
>I hope this has not sidetracked the thread, and that people continue the
>discussion on the v600. I'm glad that some have. (And they were smarter than
>me, by ignoring your trollery, and staying on topic.) (I would consider that
>my failing in this thread, not the original post, but wasting the NG's
>bandwidth in replying to you, and feeding your trollery.)
>
>(Sorry, folks. I'll try to ignore him from now on.)

September 1, 2004 4:51:29 PM

I had the MPX200 and moved on to the V600. The MPX200 had VERY poor signal
strength in just to many areas to be of any use as a cell phone (AT&T
service SO CA, USA). So far the V600 has been great. I do miss the true
Outlook sync that the MPX200 had and the ability to search contacts using
more that the first letter.
Mike

> [...]
>>>hundred results. Even if you put the words v600 and review as your search
>>>term, the result would be mostly ads. (Sales people know people are
>>>looking
>>>for reviews, and put the word on their web site.)
>>>
>>>So yes, asking about a Motorola product on a Motorola newsgroup is quite
>>>appropriate IMO. I really don't need someone to tell me to "use Google".
>>>
>>>(I hope this thread doesn't get sidetracked by this side discussion
>>>though,
>>>and people continue to respond about the v600, like the very informative
>>>reply by Olivier.
>>>

> Mate
>
> I love mine, I think it is fantastic, however I am looking at getting the
> MPX - 200 as it supports outlook and takes a memory card. Other than that
> the V600 is PROBABLY the best phone yet from Motorola.

Anonymous
September 1, 2004 7:02:58 PM

" MS" <ms@nospam.com> wrote in message
> How do people like their v600? If you have used it and other phones, how
do
> they compare?
>
> Note--I don't care about ringtones, games, or even the camera.(Although I
> might occasionally use the camera, the camera quality is not of
importance.
> I already have a good digital camera.)
>
> So--how is it as a phone? How good is the reception, sound quality, etc.?
> Sufficient volume? Ease of use, dialing features? Sturdiness? Have many
> people had problems with theirs?
>
> Any comments on it, and in comparison with other phones, would be welcome,
> as I am considering buying one. (I am also interested in how well the
> Bluetooth feature works, but I have asked about that in another thread.)

It has some problems for me, namely I can only store 17 sms in the inbox
before it is full up, and there is no way to change that setting without
flashing or flexing the phone (which I dont want to do).
Also me & another person a few days ago have a problem that it can
disconnect you after 20 mins of a call, not always, but frequently the
signal dies around the 20 min mark and I have to redial.
Battery life is not great either, around 4 days based on sending a few txts
a day and no significant call time.

Apart from that its a great looking/sounding phone, and don't really regret
getting it.
Bluetooth works well, and the free bluetooth headset (on my o2 online
contract) is handy too.

Matt Hook
September 1, 2004 9:33:12 PM

At some point:ch4ob1$jfh$1@titan.btinternet.com,
Matt Hook <GoAwayNastySpam@fromme.com> typed:
> " MS" <ms@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> How do people like their v600? If you have used it and other phones,
>> how do they compare?
>>
>> Note--I don't care about ringtones, games, or even the
>> camera.(Although I might occasionally use the camera, the camera
>> quality is not of importance. I already have a good digital camera.)
>>
>> So--how is it as a phone? How good is the reception, sound quality,
>> etc.? Sufficient volume? Ease of use, dialing features? Sturdiness?
>> Have many people had problems with theirs?
>>
>> Any comments on it, and in comparison with other phones, would be
>> welcome, as I am considering buying one. (I am also interested in
>> how well the Bluetooth feature works, but I have asked about that in
>> another thread.)
>>

> It has some problems for me, namely I can only store 17 sms in the
> inbox before it is full up, and there is no way to change that
> setting without flashing or flexing the phone (which I dont want to
> do). <snip>

I didn't fancy flashing/flexing mine while still under warranty (on o2 as well), so I did a seem edit and changed the storage from sim to phone - took me about 1/2 hr in all once I'd got my head round what to do!
Anonymous
September 2, 2004 1:02:29 AM

Hi, last count I had 43 messages in my inbox. Bog standard V600 from
T-mobile. My battery lasts around 10 days, best I've ever had....
Chris C
" cupra" <knospam2168please@f2s.com> wrote in message
At some point:ch4ob1$jfh$1@titan.btinternet.com,
Matt Hook <GoAwayNastySpam@fromme.com> typed:
> " MS" <ms@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> How do people like their v600? If you have used it and other phones,
>> how do they compare?
>>
>> Note--I don't care about ringtones, games, or even the
>> camera.(Although I might occasionally use the camera, the camera
>> quality is not of importance. I already have a good digital camera.)
>>
>> So--how is it as a phone? How good is the reception, sound quality,
>> etc.? Sufficient volume? Ease of use, dialing features? Sturdiness?
>> Have many people had problems with theirs?
>>
>> Any comments on it, and in comparison with other phones, would be
>> welcome, as I am considering buying one. (I am also interested in
>> how well the Bluetooth feature works, but I have asked about that in
>> another thread.)
>>

> It has some problems for me, namely I can only store 17 sms in the
> inbox before it is full up, and there is no way to change that
> setting without flashing or flexing the phone (which I dont want to
> do). <snip>

I didn't fancy flashing/flexing mine while still under warranty (on o2 as
well), so I did a seem edit and changed the storage from sim to phone - took
me about 1/2 hr in all once I'd got my head round what to do!
Anonymous
September 2, 2004 2:32:53 AM

Dans son message précédent, Chris Catt a écrit :
> Hi, last count I had 43 messages in my inbox. Bog standard V600 from
> T-mobile. My battery lasts around 10 days, best I've ever had....
> Chris C

How do you make it last 10 days??? Is it the original battery? Mine
lasts one day at most. Did I charge it the wrong way when I got the
phone?

--
Olivier
Anonymous

Cingular Launches V600 Recall

Cingular, following the discontinuation of the V600, has decided to launch a
full product recall of the device. Cingular will send you a V400 and a box
to send your V600 in. When they have repaired your V600, they will send it
back to you with a box to send the V400 back.

Apparently, the problems were more widespread than the original firmware
problems seen. Cingular V600s will also have part of their antenna array
replaced. To start the recall process for your V600, call 1 (800) 201-6235

Cingular wants to make it clear that many, but not all V600s are under
recall (they will check your phone when you call), and that AT&T Wireless
V600s are not affected currently.

This from this site:

http://www.attwirelessinfo.com/index.php

bamp
Anonymous
September 2, 2004 12:16:22 PM

> > It has some problems for me, namely I can only store 17 sms in the
> > inbox before it is full up, and there is no way to change that
> > setting without flashing or flexing the phone (which I dont want to
> > do). <snip>

>Hi, last count I had 43 messages in my inbox. Bog standard V600 from
>T-mobile. My battery lasts around 10 days, best I've ever had....
>Chris C

Seems like its dependant where you get it from then, mine is o2 online.
Either that or the size of the sim card?
Anonymous
September 2, 2004 12:18:48 PM

>I didn't fancy flashing/flexing mine while still under warranty (on o2 as
well), so I did a seem edit and changed >the storage from sim to phone -
took me about 1/2 hr in all once I'd got my head round what to do!

Can you let me know how to do this, I'm very interested. What cable do I
need for this? I presume it wont work by bluetooth. Do you have a link that
details what to do?

Cheers,
Matt
Anonymous
September 2, 2004 12:21:35 PM

"Matt Hook" <GoAwayNastySpam@fromme.com> wrote in message
> >I didn't fancy flashing/flexing mine while still under warranty (on o2 as
> well), so I did a seem edit and changed >the storage from sim to phone -
> took me about 1/2 hr in all once I'd got my head round what to do!
>
> Can you let me know how to do this, I'm very interested. What cable do I
> need for this? I presume it wont work by bluetooth. Do you have a link
that
> details what to do?
>
> Cheers,
> Matt

To answer my own questions, a USB cable, guide here http://www.xlr8.us/hofo/
:)
September 2, 2004 12:59:05 PM

At some point:41362ace$0$12556$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader01.plus.net,
Chris Catt <notknown@ntlworld.com> typed:
> Hi, last count I had 43 messages in my inbox. Bog standard V600 from
> T-mobile. My battery lasts around 10 days, best I've ever had....
> Chris C <snip>

The SMS storage is a known issue with o2, I gather. I could only manage about 7/8 in my inbox (some extended messages) before I carried out the Seem edit - now I've got 30. Battery lasts me about 4-5 days......
September 2, 2004 1:17:27 PM

Hi Olivier, I guess if you've bad reception, or you use all of the features
alot then it will drop. I use mine mainly for calls, messaging and playing
games. The reception I have is generally high. Have you switched on battery
save under initial setup?
Chris C
"Olivier" <otregerNOSPAM@NOPAINhotmail.com> wrote in message
> Dans son message précédent, Chris Catt a écrit :
>> Hi, last count I had 43 messages in my inbox. Bog standard V600 from
>> T-mobile. My battery lasts around 10 days, best I've ever had....
>> Chris C
>
> How do you make it last 10 days??? Is it the original battery? Mine lasts
> one day at most. Did I charge it the wrong way when I got the phone?
>
> --
> Olivier

September 2, 2004 5:18:12 PM

At some point:ch6l6f$qim$1@titan.btinternet.com,
Matt Hook <GoAwayNastySpam@fromme.com> typed:
> "Matt Hook" <GoAwayNastySpam@fromme.com> wrote in message
>>> I didn't fancy flashing/flexing mine while still under warranty (on
>>> o2 as
>> well), so I did a seem edit and changed >the storage from sim to
>> phone - took me about 1/2 hr in all once I'd got my head round what
>> to do!
>>
>> Can you let me know how to do this, I'm very interested. What cable
>> do I need for this? I presume it wont work by bluetooth. Do you have
>> a link that details what to do?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Matt
>>

> To answer my own questions, a USB cable, guide here
> http://www.xlr8.us/hofo/ :)

lol! It would have been nice to have that when I was playing around!

I used pk2man and motorola tools.... (don't forget the 'back up' bit though, just in case!)
September 3, 2004 1:47:23 AM

And there are a lot of negative reviews of the v600 on one of the phone
sites, I think it's Howard Forums, perhaps Phonescoop.

That said, I've heard that the ones that T-Mobile (my carrier) has are a
newer edition and much improved. (TM has just started carrying the V600.)

I guess there is something to be said about not being an "early adopter",
the first person to buy a new model. They often have bugs at the beginning,
that are fixed with time.

> Cingular Launches V600 Recall
>
> Cingular, following the discontinuation of the V600, has decided to launch
> full product recall of the device. Cingular will send you a V400 and a box
> to send your V600 in. When they have repaired your V600, they will send it
> back to you with a box to send the V400 back.
>
> Apparently, the problems were more widespread than the original firmware
> problems seen. Cingular V600s will also have part of their antenna array
> replaced. To start the recall process for your V600, call 1 (800) 201-6235
>
> Cingular wants to make it clear that many, but not all V600s are under
> recall (they will check your phone when you call), and that AT&T Wireless
> V600s are not affected currently.
>
> This from this site:
>
> http://www.attwirelessinfo.com/index.php
>
> bamp

Anonymous
September 6, 2004 2:54:59 AM

"Olivier" <otregerNOSPAM@NOPAINhotmail.com> wrote in message
> Dans son message précédent, Chris Catt a écrit :
> > Hi, last count I had 43 messages in my inbox. Bog standard V600 from
> > T-mobile. My battery lasts around 10 days, best I've ever had....
> > Chris C
>
> How do you make it last 10 days??? Is it the original battery? Mine
> lasts one day at most. Did I charge it the wrong way when I got the
> phone?

Mine doesn't last 10 days , around 5 and that is using it for about 30mins
/day.

I'm surprised yours only last a day.
Anonymous
September 6, 2004 1:45:25 PM

Après mure réflexion, Avanti a écrit :
> "Olivier" <otregerNOSPAM@NOPAINhotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Dans son message précédent, Chris Catt a écrit :
>>> Hi, last count I had 43 messages in my inbox. Bog standard V600 from
>>> T-mobile. My battery lasts around 10 days, best I've ever had....
>>> Chris C
>>
>> How do you make it last 10 days??? Is it the original battery? Mine
>> lasts one day at most. Did I charge it the wrong way when I got the
>> phone?
>
> Mine doesn't last 10 days , around 5 and that is using it for about 30mins
> /day.
>
> I'm surprised yours only last a day.

Surprisingly, I charged it 3 days ago and not anymore since then... I
can't tell why.

However, using alternate antennas (flashing, telescopic,...) doesn't
help either for what it's supposed to do.

Maybe it was the reason why the phone was pumping battery.

--
Olivier
!