Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

I am always wishing at least sometimes games made me feel like I was in a
movie. Advent Rising comes close as almost any game has for me.
Remember those games with the developer acting as a private investigator in
a future type San Francisco with all these deformed critters running
around. Tex something. What were they called they kind of gave me that
feeling too.
Anyway I am not sure what category this games goes in. I guess
somewhere between action and adventure although it is no pixel hunt. It is
SC fi and written by some famous Sci fi guy or so they say. it can be
played either first or third person.. I am playing it on normal and it is
not too tough. Lots of fun blasting though. Haven't finished but I get the
feeling it is not going to be a real long one.
Best of all to meet it is different and has that word imersive to it.
It would also be the perfect game to make like this version and a real adult
version of. No I don't mean hot coffee adult. I mean HBO adult. When oh
when will it ever happen. When will some game company's forgo Wal Mart and
start becoming the HBO of gaming and put the equivalent dent HBO did to the
networks. We are part of the same demographic. Perhaps I am just saying
this because the women in this game look pretty good.
Some are comparing the game coming out Gun I think it's called to
Deadwood, boy if that was even half true it would be nice.
well IO have rambled all over but Advent Rising is a fun imerrsive little
diversion and if you like movies sci fi and games I think you all might
enjoy this.

--
Bunbnoy....The people who ca smile when things go wrong have found someone
else to blame

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

In article <qRGUe.76777$Ji4.22036@fed1read03>, bunboy@cox.net says...
> I am always wishing at least sometimes games made me feel like I was in a
> movie. Advent Rising comes close as almost any game has for me.
> Remember those games with the developer acting as a private investigator in
> a future type San Francisco with all these deformed critters running
> around. Tex something. What were they called they kind of gave me that
> feeling too.

I believe that was Tex Murphy Adventures.

--
Rob Berryhill

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

That's it Tex Murphy. Those games were ahead of their time. Plus
considering the guy that played the lead was the developer I thought he was
actually really good in the part as the dead beat P.I. of the future. the
graphics were nice for that time too. When the hell was that anyway like
98? I amjust guessing?

"Rob Berryhill" <rob_berryhill@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> In article <qRGUe.76777$Ji4.22036@fed1read03>, bunboy@cox.net says...
>> I am always wishing at least sometimes games made me feel like I was in a
>> movie. Advent Rising comes close as almost any game has for me.
>> Remember those games with the developer acting as a private investigator
>> in
>> a future type San Francisco with all these deformed critters running
>> around. Tex something. What were they called they kind of gave me that
>> feeling too.
>
> I believe that was Tex Murphy Adventures.
>
> --
> Rob Berryhill

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

The script/dialogue of Advent Rising was written by Orson Scott
Card. He wrote a book called "Ender's Game", which is one of the best
novels ever written, IMO. A lot of his other stuff is excellent, too.

Haven't played AR myself, but the connection is intriguing.

Nick

--
#include<stdio.h> /* sigmask (sig.c) 20041028 PUBLIC DOMAIN */
int main(c,v)char *v;{return !c?putchar(* /* cc -o sig sig.c */

Turk

Distinguished
May 25, 2003

"Nick Vargish" <nav+posts@bandersnatch.org> wrote in message
> The script/dialogue of Advent Rising was written by Orson Scott
> Card. He wrote a book called "Ender's Game", which is one of the best
> novels ever written, IMO. A lot of his other stuff is excellent, too.
>
> Haven't played AR myself, but the connection is intriguing.

He's also writing Ultimate Iron Man for Marvel Comics which has been pretty
damned good mature superhero stuff.

turk
--
"As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely,
the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great