StarGate SGI: The Alliance

apparently due out in October, I haven't got that officially verified,
but I'm excited

--
A conscience is what hurts when all your other parts feel so good.

Take out the _CURSING to reply to me
13 answers Last reply
More about stargate alliance

    Thus spake "Highlandish" <ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au>, Sun, 11 Sep 2005
    14:40:44 +1000, Anno Domini:

    >apparently due out in October, I haven't got that officially verified,
    >but I'm excited

    Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewl!!! Looking fwd to this one. What was that URL again?
    :-/

    Missed ya this mornin - there was 5 of us in GW (though not in the same game
    due to early limits on team sizes). We've all joined Xocyll's guild, mainly
    for the guildchat feature - will send you an invite when we're both on.
    Still hoping to see Andrew & Chainbreaker whenever they can make it. That
    makes 8+ of us, which would be a bloody ripper to have in a full game at
    higher levels! :) Mean_Chlorine was there too, but he was doing higher level
    stuff & was already in a guild.

    I'll still need George's (Chris) & Saint's real email addresses to put them
    on the list...might give them a ping in a separate thread in .rpg. Cheers!

    --
    A killfile is a friend for life.

    On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 14:40:44 +1000, "Highlandish"
    <ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au> wrote:

    >apparently due out in October, I haven't got that officially verified,
    >but I'm excited

    Who's publishing it?

    Last I heard, JoWood and Perception had gotten into a pissing contest
    and parted ways. The Perception site (www.perception.com.au) says
    it's still in development, but no mention of who's label it's going
    out under.
    Thanks.

    MCheu

    Quoth The Raven: Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> in
    bnd7i15uogcb0vmnpita944j1scmfb08u7@4ax.com
    > Thus spake "Highlandish" <ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au>, Sun, 11 Sep
    > 2005 14:40:44 +1000, Anno Domini:
    >
    >> apparently due out in October, I haven't got that officially
    >> verified, but I'm excited
    >
    > Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewl!!! Looking fwd to this one. What was that URL
    > again? :-/
    >
    > Missed ya this mornin - there was 5 of us in GW (though not in the
    > same game due to early limits on team sizes). We've all joined
    > Xocyll's guild, mainly for the guildchat feature - will send you an
    > invite when we're both on. Still hoping to see Andrew & Chainbreaker
    > whenever they can make it. That makes 8+ of us, which would be a
    > bloody ripper to have in a full game at higher levels! :)
    > Mean_Chlorine was there too, but he was doing higher level stuff &
    > was already in a guild.
    >
    > I'll still need George's (Chris) & Saint's real email addresses to
    > put them on the list...might give them a ping in a separate thread in
    > .rpg. Cheers!

    http://www.stargate-alliance.com

    I had to go out to a job so I didn't play GW until after 3pm, got out
    again 5pm. I'm still dieing all over the place, but at least the
    controls are tighter since I remapped the keys. still at L3 but getting
    used to attacks now. skales still slaughter me :)

    --
    All generalisations are false.

    Take out the _CURSING to reply to me

    "Highlandish" <ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au> looked up from reading the
    say:

    >Quoth The Raven: Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> in
    >bnd7i15uogcb0vmnpita944j1scmfb08u7@4ax.com
    >> Thus spake "Highlandish" <ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au>, Sun, 11 Sep
    >> 2005 14:40:44 +1000, Anno Domini:
    >>
    >>> apparently due out in October, I haven't got that officially
    >>> verified, but I'm excited
    >>
    >> Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewl!!! Looking fwd to this one. What was that URL
    >> again? :-/
    >>
    >> Missed ya this mornin - there was 5 of us in GW (though not in the
    >> same game due to early limits on team sizes). We've all joined
    >> Xocyll's guild, mainly for the guildchat feature - will send you an
    >> invite when we're both on. Still hoping to see Andrew & Chainbreaker
    >> whenever they can make it. That makes 8+ of us, which would be a
    >> bloody ripper to have in a full game at higher levels! :)
    >> Mean_Chlorine was there too, but he was doing higher level stuff &
    >> was already in a guild.
    >>
    >> I'll still need George's (Chris) & Saint's real email addresses to
    >> put them on the list...might give them a ping in a separate thread in
    >> .rpg. Cheers!
    >
    >http://www.stargate-alliance.com
    >
    >I had to go out to a job so I didn't play GW until after 3pm, got out
    >again 5pm. I'm still dieing all over the place, but at least the
    >controls are tighter since I remapped the keys. still at L3 but getting
    >used to attacks now. skales still slaughter me :)

    One of the most important things is don't pick your secondary right off,
    cycle through and try them all first (one mission each usually) for exp
    and temp powers.
    With any class, having the extra attacks from a temporary secondary can
    make a huge difference to survivability.
    [Ok warrior can probably do without them, but everyone else benefits.]

    I didn't do this the first time through (I didn't know) but have done it
    with ever subsequent character and it makes things quite a bit easier.

    The ranger especially feels weak until you find and do Aiden's quest
    which nets you the dual shot and ignite arrows powers (which my ranger
    is still using at level 20 and has used the entire time.)

    Xocyll

    Thus spake "Highlandish" <ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au>, Sun, 11 Sep 2005
    18:07:13 +1000, Anno Domini:

    >Quoth The Raven: Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> in
    >bnd7i15uogcb0vmnpita944j1scmfb08u7@4ax.com
    >> Thus spake "Highlandish" <ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au>, Sun, 11 Sep
    >> 2005 14:40:44 +1000, Anno Domini:
    >>
    >>> apparently due out in October, I haven't got that officially
    >>> verified, but I'm excited
    >>
    >> Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewl!!! Looking fwd to this one. What was that URL
    >> again? :-/
    >>
    >> Missed ya this mornin - there was 5 of us in GW (though not in the
    >> same game due to early limits on team sizes). We've all joined
    >> Xocyll's guild, mainly for the guildchat feature - will send you an
    >> invite when we're both on. Still hoping to see Andrew & Chainbreaker
    >> whenever they can make it. That makes 8+ of us, which would be a
    >> bloody ripper to have in a full game at higher levels! :)
    >> Mean_Chlorine was there too, but he was doing higher level stuff &
    >> was already in a guild.
    >>
    >> I'll still need George's (Chris) & Saint's real email addresses to
    >> put them on the list...might give them a ping in a separate thread in
    >> .rpg. Cheers!
    >
    >http://www.stargate-alliance.com

    Tx! Been lookin fwd to some screenies of this one. It's an Aus dev group,
    right? Lemme go look :)

    >I had to go out to a job so I didn't play GW until after 3pm, got out
    >again 5pm. I'm still dieing all over the place, but at least the
    >controls are tighter since I remapped the keys. still at L3 but getting
    >used to attacks now. skales still slaughter me :)

    Oh dear. I think you need a mentor matey. Pick a night this week, any night,
    from 7:30pm onwards for a couple hrs. Really ;)

    --
    A killfile is a friend for life.

    Thus spake "Highlandish" <ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au>, Sun, 11 Sep 2005
    18:07:13 +1000, Anno Domini:

    >Quoth The Raven: Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> in
    >bnd7i15uogcb0vmnpita944j1scmfb08u7@4ax.com
    >> Thus spake "Highlandish" <ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au>, Sun, 11 Sep
    >> 2005 14:40:44 +1000, Anno Domini:
    >>
    >>> apparently due out in October, I haven't got that officially
    >>> verified, but I'm excited
    >>
    >> Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewl!!! Looking fwd to this one. What was that URL
    >> again? :-/
    >>
    >> Missed ya this mornin - there was 5 of us in GW (though not in the
    >> same game due to early limits on team sizes). We've all joined
    >> Xocyll's guild, mainly for the guildchat feature - will send you an
    >> invite when we're both on. Still hoping to see Andrew & Chainbreaker
    >> whenever they can make it. That makes 8+ of us, which would be a
    >> bloody ripper to have in a full game at higher levels! :)
    >> Mean_Chlorine was there too, but he was doing higher level stuff &
    >> was already in a guild.
    >>
    >> I'll still need George's (Chris) & Saint's real email addresses to
    >> put them on the list...might give them a ping in a separate thread in
    >> .rpg. Cheers!
    >
    >http://www.stargate-alliance.com

    Very strange - I could've *sworn* this was going to be an adventure hybrid.
    As it stands, it's fps all the way. The only observation so far is it seems
    to suffer from dwarfism (i.e. all the screenies make it look like the player
    is looking up 2 feet from the ground)...hmmm...

    --
    A killfile is a friend for life.

    Quoth The Raven: MCheu <mpcheu@yahoo.com> in
    8719i1d520qc61p8uefpno2ng4thimck4d@4ax.com
    > On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 14:40:44 +1000, "Highlandish"
    > <ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au> wrote:
    >
    >> apparently due out in October, I haven't got that officially
    >> verified, but I'm excited
    >
    > Who's publishing it?
    >
    > Last I heard, JoWood and Perception had gotten into a pissing contest
    > and parted ways. The Perception site (www.perception.com.au) says
    > it's still in development, but no mention of who's label it's going
    > out under.
    > Thanks.
    >

    > MCheu

    dunno, i'm still waiting for some insider news

    --
    Armoured knights raised their visors to identify themselves when they
    rode past their king. This custom has become the modern military

    Take out the _CURSING to reply to me

    Quoth The Raven: Highlandish <ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au> in
    4323b550$0$18646$14726298@news.sunsite.dk
    > apparently due out in October, I haven't got that officially verified,
    > but I'm excited

    he's moved on to L.A. Noire for the PS3
    (http://www.ps3portal.com/?view=article&article=160&PHPSESSID=65a90f451da772c8d7)

    so Alliance is definitely finished

    --
    Meow means "woof" in cat. - George Carlin

    Take out the _CURSING to reply to me

    Thus spake "Highlandish" <ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au>, Mon, 12 Sep 2005
    09:15:25 +1000, Anno Domini:

    >Quoth The Raven: MCheu <mpcheu@yahoo.com> in
    >8719i1d520qc61p8uefpno2ng4thimck4d@4ax.com
    >> On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 14:40:44 +1000, "Highlandish"
    >> <ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au> wrote:
    >>
    >>> apparently due out in October, I haven't got that officially
    >>> verified, but I'm excited
    >>
    >> Who's publishing it?
    >>
    >> Last I heard, JoWood and Perception had gotten into a pissing contest
    >> and parted ways. The Perception site (www.perception.com.au) says
    >> it's still in development, but no mention of who's label it's going
    >> out under.
    >> Thanks.
    >>

    >> MCheu
    >
    >dunno, i'm still waiting for some insider news

    Actually, I was a bit harsh in my previous post - I'll reserve any judgments
    until after release. The gameplay could be fabulous & the screenies look
    nice (apart from aforementioned dwarfview ;). I still think Atlantis
    would've been a better setting, especially with the entire city as an
    opening area - what a world to explore!

    --

    Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote:
    >Thus spake "Highlandish" <ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au>, Mon, 12 Sep 2005
    >09:15:25 +1000, Anno Domini:
    >
    >>Quoth The Raven: MCheu <mpcheu@yahoo.com> in
    >>8719i1d520qc61p8uefpno2ng4thimck4d@4ax.com

    >>> Who's publishing it?
    >>>
    >>> Last I heard, JoWood and Perception had gotten into a pissing contest
    >>> and parted ways. The Perception site (www.perception.com.au) says
    >>> it's still in development, but no mention of who's label it's going
    >>> out under.
    >>> Thanks.
    >>>

    >>> MCheu
    >>
    >>dunno, i'm still waiting for some insider news
    >
    >Actually, I was a bit harsh in my previous post - I'll reserve any judgments
    >until after release. The gameplay could be fabulous & the screenies look
    >nice (apart from aforementioned dwarfview ;). I still think Atlantis
    >would've been a better setting, especially with the entire city as an
    >opening area - what a world to explore!

    I wish they didn't use the characters from the tv show. It doesn't look
    or sound right so it ruins immersion. Plus it will make the characters
    sound stupider than on tv when they keep repeating the same phrases over
    and over.

    Bateau <Gamera@work.stomping.aza> looked up from reading the entrails of

    >Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote:
    >>Thus spake "Highlandish" <ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au>, Mon, 12 Sep 2005
    >>09:15:25 +1000, Anno Domini:
    >>
    >>>Quoth The Raven: MCheu <mpcheu@yahoo.com> in
    >>>8719i1d520qc61p8uefpno2ng4thimck4d@4ax.com

    >>>dunno, i'm still waiting for some insider news
    >>
    >>Actually, I was a bit harsh in my previous post - I'll reserve any judgments
    >>until after release. The gameplay could be fabulous & the screenies look
    >>nice (apart from aforementioned dwarfview ;). I still think Atlantis
    >>would've been a better setting, especially with the entire city as an
    >>opening area - what a world to explore!
    >
    >I wish they didn't use the characters from the tv show. It doesn't look
    >or sound right so it ruins immersion. Plus it will make the characters
    >sound stupider than on tv when they keep repeating the same phrases over
    >and over.

    Yeah but, the bunch of ADD teenagers they're likely targeting the game
    at wouldn't recognize it as Stargate unless the crew of SG1 were there
    in front of them.

    It would make far more sense to have you as part of another team, maybe
    once in a blue moon running into SG1 somewhere (you supporting them or
    them supporting you on some nasty mission.)

    Kind of like how they did elite force with star trek - the main
    characters are around, but not in all the missions.

    Xocyll

    Quoth The Raven: Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> in
    toabi114f3jnkcs9ugv5hqddedleqg7ub9@4ax.com
    > Bateau <Gamera@work.stomping.aza> looked up from reading the entrails
    > of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:
    >
    >> Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote:
    >>> Thus spake "Highlandish" <ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au>, Mon, 12
    >>> Sep 2005 09:15:25 +1000, Anno Domini:

    >>> Actually, I was a bit harsh in my previous post - I'll reserve any
    >>> judgments until after release. The gameplay could be fabulous & the
    >>> screenies look nice (apart from aforementioned dwarfview ;). I
    >>> still think Atlantis would've been a better setting, especially
    >>> with the entire city as an opening area - what a world to explore!
    >>
    >> I wish they didn't use the characters from the tv show. It doesn't
    >> look or sound right so it ruins immersion. Plus it will make the
    >> characters sound stupider than on tv when they keep repeating the
    >> same phrases over and over.
    >
    > Yeah but, the bunch of ADD teenagers they're likely targeting the game
    > at wouldn't recognize it as Stargate unless the crew of SG1 were there
    > in front of them.
    >
    > It would make far more sense to have you as part of another team,
    > maybe once in a blue moon running into SG1 somewhere (you supporting
    > them or them supporting you on some nasty mission.)
    >
    > Kind of like how they did elite force with star trek - the main
    > characters are around, but not in all the missions.
    >
    > Xocyll

    there is a cartoon running around by a similar name, I thought I had it,
    must have deleted it by mistake when drive swapping. the stargate
    cartoon has an entirely different cast and aliens to the other 2 shows,
    it looks like its set on an alpha site built by the norad base but left
    to their own defences.

    dunno how popular it was, but that would have set some familiarity

    --
    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease
    to be amused.

    Highlandish wrote:
    > apparently due out in October, I haven't got that officially verified,
    > but I'm excited

    I thought it was canned? Its back? Sweeeeet!

PC gaming Games IBM Video Games