Recently had to reinstal all programs on my laptop. Now I can\'t hear with headp

reensil

Honorable
May 6, 2012
I recently had to wipe out my hard drive and re instal. Ever since I cannot hear with my head phones plugged in. the sound on the lap top has also reduced considerably. Pls help

sonomaguy17

Honorable
May 5, 2012
Can you please give some specs? What type of laptop are you using, and what OS is currently installed on it? We can point you in the right direction if we have a little more information :)

reensil

Honorable
May 6, 2012

Dell inspiron. OS - windows 7. still in the warranty period. stopped working, could not reboot. so had to wipe clean and re install. since then I can hear if I play an audio file- but very poor sound . I've not been able to use head phones. cannot hear at all. . The speakers seem to be fine

Badfish54

Honorable
May 6, 2012
Thats what I would say. With my old laptop I had to reinstall my OS a couple of times. I always forgot to reinstall the drivers, especially the audio ones, and I would get confused why my speakers would not work.

Dell-Kris K

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012
Hi reensil,
My name is Krishna and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell. Depending on your system model and operating system, you should be able to download and install the latest audio drivers from www.support.dell.com . If you need more help, feel free to e-mail me directly. My e-mail address is available in my profile.

Regards,
Dell-Kris K