Installing HL2 Mod

Ok, trying to install the Minerva: Metastasis mod, I've done EXACTLY as
the readme says -

'Installation:

* To install, unzip into your 'Steam/SteamApps/SourceMods/' folder.
MINERVA: Metastasis should appear automatically in Steam's 'Play games'
window. Double-click to start.'

....and yet no matter how many times I log out, re-copy the files,
re-download the files, it just does not appear in the Play list. I've
Googled this without a satisfactory answer either... any ideas?

Thanks!

schrodinger

"Jamie_Manic" <yeahbutno@slag.com> wrote in message
> Ok, trying to install the Minerva: Metastasis mod, I've done EXACTLY as
> the readme says -
>
> 'Installation:
>
> * To install, unzip into your 'Steam/SteamApps/SourceMods/' folder.
> MINERVA: Metastasis should appear automatically in Steam's 'Play games'
> window. Double-click to start.'
>
> ...and yet no matter how many times I log out, re-copy the files,
> re-download the files, it just does not appear in the Play list. I've
> Googled this without a satisfactory answer either... any ideas?
>
> Thanks!

Check your "Steam" shortcut - right click and select properties. Double
check the path for the shortcut is the same "Steam" path you are unzipping
to.

I spent ages with a similar problem with BF1942 - only to find a mod had
created its own BF1942 directory tree and I had forgotten the proper install
was on a different drive!

Schrodinger wrote:
> "Jamie_Manic" <yeahbutno@slag.com> wrote in message
>
>>Ok, trying to install the Minerva: Metastasis mod, I've done EXACTLY as
>>the readme says -
>>
>>'Installation:
>>
>> * To install, unzip into your 'Steam/SteamApps/SourceMods/' folder.
>>MINERVA: Metastasis should appear automatically in Steam's 'Play games'
>>window. Double-click to start.'
>>
>>...and yet no matter how many times I log out, re-copy the files,
>>re-download the files, it just does not appear in the Play list. I've
>>Googled this without a satisfactory answer either... any ideas?
>>
>>Thanks!
>

> Check your "Steam" shortcut - right click and select properties. Double
> check the path for the shortcut is the same "Steam" path you are unzipping
> to.
>
> I spent ages with a similar problem with BF1942 - only to find a mod had
> created its own BF1942 directory tree and I had forgotten the proper install
> was on a different drive!

Good work. Seems I have two different Steam directories :S

Quoth The Raven: Jamie_Manic <yeahbutno@slag.com> in
432403a4$0$12183$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com
> Ok, trying to install the Minerva: Metastasis mod, I've done EXACTLY
> as the readme says -
>
> 'Installation:
>
> * To install, unzip into your 'Steam/SteamApps/SourceMods/' folder.
> MINERVA: Metastasis should appear automatically in Steam's 'Play
> games' window. Double-click to start.'
>
> ...and yet no matter how many times I log out, re-copy the files,
> re-download the files, it just does not appear in the Play list. I've
> Googled this without a satisfactory answer either... any ideas?
>
> Thanks!

all my files were unzipped into the
"D:\Steam\SteamApps\SourceMods\metastasis\" folder and shows up straight
away. i dont know what else to say
--
Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake
when you make it again.

Take out the _CURSING to reply to me

Highlandish wrote:
> Quoth The Raven: Jamie_Manic <yeahbutno@slag.com> in
> 432403a4$0$12183$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com
>
>>Ok, trying to install the Minerva: Metastasis mod, I've done EXACTLY
>>as the readme says -
>>
>>'Installation:
>>
>> * To install, unzip into your 'Steam/SteamApps/SourceMods/' folder.
>>MINERVA: Metastasis should appear automatically in Steam's 'Play
>>games' window. Double-click to start.'
>>
>>...and yet no matter how many times I log out, re-copy the files,
>>re-download the files, it just does not appear in the Play list. I've
>>Googled this without a satisfactory answer either... any ideas?
>>
>>Thanks!
>

> all my files were unzipped into the
> "D:\Steam\SteamApps\SourceMods\metastasis\" folder and shows up straight
> away. i dont know what else to say

haha, same here, awesome.