Startup Loading & Base Station Access

Suddenly, amid other problems, the broadband utility does
not load at startup. The start menu item will still start
program, but base station management is greyed out. Using
WinXPprof

Reading thread Apr 16 started by AndrewJane, I think I
have same problem of adware/spyware wrecking havock on
this machine. Learned in that thread that you can access
base by using IE http://192.168.2.1

Question:
Any reason to mess with program (uninstall and reinstall)
or OK to leave as is, using internet protocol to access
the base station?

Thanks, Granny

You can just uninstall it, Granny. There are other programs which bother it
too, including a couple graphics card drivers which do "extra" things. You
don't need it to administer the base station/router.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP

"Granny" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Suddenly, amid other problems, the broadband utility does
> not load at startup. The start menu item will still start
> program, but base station management is greyed out. Using
> WinXPprof
>
> Reading thread Apr 16 started by AndrewJane, I think I
> have same problem of adware/spyware wrecking havock on
> this machine. Learned in that thread that you can access
> base by using IE http://192.168.2.1
>
> Question:
> Any reason to mess with program (uninstall and reinstall)
> or OK to leave as is, using internet protocol to access
> the base station?
>
> Thanks, Granny

Thanks Chris
All help greatly appreciated