Dimmers

Last response: in Home Audio
September 25, 2004 1:53:19 PM

Archived from groups: nz.tech,rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Every sound system manual I have ever seen recommends strongly you have
dimmers on a separate phase from the sound system.

The problem with this is, most dimmer packs are three phase.

Short of not using 1/3 of your channels, what can be done about the noise
problems?

More about : dimmers

September 25, 2004 1:53:20 PM

Archived from groups: nz.tech,rec.audio.pro (More info?)

In article <MPG.1bbf5e70af9d390c98a4e9@news.paradise.net.nz>,
Patrick Dunford <patrickdunford@nomail.invalid> wrote:

> Every sound system manual I have ever seen recommends strongly you have
> dimmers on a separate phase from the sound system.
>
> The problem with this is, most dimmer packs are three phase.
>
> Short of not using 1/3 of your channels, what can be done about the noise
> problems?

three hots into the dimmer
and you only have two legs coming from the distro
if it is one dimmer opwer it all off one leg
if it is multi dimmers power I half off one leg and the other half off
the other
just use a service and cableing adaquate for the job

most venues that use lots of portable systems have seperate services for
sound and lights with independent disconnects

I just bought the behringer dimmer that was set up for 3 phase
20 amp120v/ph
I hard wired it to three single breakers in a disconnect(breaker box)
all on the same phase this disconnect connects with tails and camlocs
to a mains(at venue) that can supply at least 60 amps/phase
if I can not get the power I have two option
1 down size lighting rig
2 limit the draw by restricting the maximum brightness of the
lamps(easily done with a trimmer on my control desk)
george
Anonymous
September 25, 2004 1:53:20 PM

Patrick Dunford wrote:

> Every sound system manual I have ever seen recommends strongly you have
> dimmers on a separate phase from the sound system.
>
> The problem with this is, most dimmer packs are three phase.
>
> Short of not using 1/3 of your channels, what can be done about the noise
> problems?

Most of those sound system manuals are misusing the word phase.
What they were trying to stop with that advice is ground loops that
allow the hash and trash generated by dimmers to enter the signal
paths.
The sound system should be on a separate power panel than
the dimmers, and they both should have large friendly ground
conductors connected to a good building grounding system.

--Dale
September 25, 2004 1:53:21 PM

Archived from groups: nz.tech,rec.audio.pro (More info?)

George wrote:

<Snip>

> most venues that use lots of portable systems have seperate services for
> sound and lights with independent disconnects
>
> I just bought the behringer dimmer that was set up for 3 phase
> 20 amp120v/ph
> I hard wired it to three single breakers in a disconnect(breaker box)
> all on the same phase this disconnect connects with tails and camlocs
> to a mains(at venue) that can supply at least 60 amps/phase

Is the neutral from the dimmer rated for 60A? If running single phase it
will need to be.

The other thing to watch is that RMS/AVERAGE thing when reducing power draw
by turning down at the desk. Ohh and this applies to three phase loads as
well as it is quite possible for the neutral current to exceed any given
phase current due to third harmonic summing in the neutral.

Just a heads up about some of the details that may not be obvious to people
considering doing this.

Regards, Dan (who is profoundly glad that he is in a 230/400V country).
--
** The email address *IS* valid, do NOT remove the spamblock
And on the evening of the first day the lord said...........

Archived from groups: nz.tech,rec.audio.pro (More info?)

In article <cj2gef$kg8$1$8302bc10@news.demon.co.uk>,
Dan Mills <dmills@spamblock.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> George wrote:
>
> <Snip>
>
> > most venues that use lots of portable systems have seperate services for
> > sound and lights with independent disconnects
> >
> > I just bought the behringer dimmer that was set up for 3 phase
> > 20 amp120v/ph
> > I hard wired it to three single breakers in a disconnect(breaker box)
> > all on the same phase this disconnect connects with tails and camlocs
> > to a mains(at venue) that can supply at least 60 amps/phase
>
> Is the neutral from the dimmer rated for 60A? If running single phase it
> will need to be.

yes 4 guage free air conductors and the ground is 2
i also have a real disto that runs 2/0 on the same sized camlocs

> The other thing to watch is that RMS/AVERAGE thing when reducing power draw
> by turning down at the desk. Ohh and this applies to three phase loads as
> well as it is quite possible for the neutral current to exceed any given
> phase current due to third harmonic summing in the neutral.

this I was not aware of , thanks

> Just a heads up about some of the details that may not be obvious to people
> considering doing this.
>
> Regards, Dan (who is profoundly glad that he is in a 230/400V country).
Anonymous
September 25, 2004 2:49:26 PM

Archived from groups: nz.tech,rec.audio.pro (More info?)

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 09:53:19 +1200, Patrick Dunford
<patrickdunford@nomail.invalid> wrote:

>Every sound system manual I have ever seen recommends strongly you have
>dimmers on a separate phase from the sound system.

But, since most homes only have one phase , domestic users hook all
their dimmers on different rings or spurs or whatever sparkies call
the individual circuits. As in, a different spur to the stereo.

El P.
Anonymous
September 26, 2004 12:25:06 AM

Archived from groups: nz.tech,rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Patrick Dunford <patrickdunford@nomail.invalid> wrote:
>Every sound system manual I have ever seen recommends strongly you have
>dimmers on a separate phase from the sound system.
>
>The problem with this is, most dimmer packs are three phase.
>
>Short of not using 1/3 of your channels, what can be done about the noise
>problems?

1. Don't use dimmers at all.

2. Get a separate service from the dimmers.

3. Spend the money for expensive dimmer packs that have some degree of noise
filtering, then put them on a three-phase isolation transformer from the
main service.

4. Use an ancient autotransformer board.
--scott
September 26, 2004 10:09:32 AM

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 09:53:19 +1200, Patrick Dunford
<patrickdunford@nomail.invalid> wrote:

>Every sound system manual I have ever seen recommends strongly you have
>dimmers on a separate phase from the sound system.
>
>The problem with this is, most dimmer packs are three phase.
>
>Short of not using 1/3 of your channels, what can be done about the noise
>problems?

Lots of batteries? But seriously, how old is the room you'll be
working in? I've found, in our new (1995) theater that I can just
plug randomly into Edison wherever I want and not worry. About
that anyway.

There's nothing you can do about the dimmers, which is scary, but
there may not be any practical problems, which is cool.

RFI trapping at the input to electronics may still prove to be
audible, and is worth experimenting with, if only for peace of
mind. I play with clamp-on ferrite donuts on signal and power.

Good fortune,

Chris Hornbeck
Anonymous
September 26, 2004 7:20:45 PM

Archived from groups: nz.tech,rec.audio.pro (More info?)

"Scott Dorsey"
> Patrick Dunford
> >
> >Every sound system manual I have ever seen recommends strongly you have
> >dimmers on a separate phase from the sound system.
> >
>The problem with this is, most dimmer packs are three phase.
> >
> >Short of not using 1/3 of your channels, what can be done about the noise
> >problems?
>

> 1. Don't use dimmers at all.

** Dorsey is as clueless as ever.

> 2. Get a separate service from the dimmers.

** Won't help when ground system noise is the issue.

> 3. Spend the money for expensive dimmer packs that have some degree of
noise
> filtering, then put them on a three-phase isolation transformer from
the
> main service.

** Dorsey has not got a clue.

> 4. Use an ancient autotransformer board.

** That is no damn board - that is a room full of motorised hardware
that went out with Noah's Arc.

The real answer is to make sure your PA system is genuinely earth loop hum
free - then it will be dimmer buzz fee to in all probability too.

However, electric guitars, keyboards, amps and other items of stage gear
are the NUMBER ONE culprits for picking up dimmer buzz - and there is
SFA **you** can do about them.

............. Phil
September 26, 2004 10:36:14 PM

Patrick Dunford wrote:

> Every sound system manual I have ever seen recommends strongly you have
> dimmers on a separate phase from the sound system.
>
> The problem with this is, most dimmer packs are three phase.
>
> Short of not using 1/3 of your channels, what can be done about the noise
> problems?

The issue will be with earth loops, they exagerate the noise pickup from dimmers.

Solve the earth loop, solve the buzz generally.
Anonymous
September 26, 2004 10:36:15 PM

richard <rich@ihug.co.nz> wrote:
>The issue will be with earth loops, they exagerate the noise pickup from dimmers.

>Solve the earth loop, solve the buzz generally.

For the most part this is true, but keeping the trash out of the power line
as much as possible with careful power supply to the dimmers is still a good
idea.

Because you're going to encounter equipment with internal ground loops (yes,
I realize Phil doesn't believe in the Pin 1 problem, but there was a nice
paper at the last AES show on it that is worth looking up), you're going to
be using wireless mikes with poor front-ends that pick up RF trash directly,
and all-in-all, sooner or later you're going to have someone working in the
hall that will be in some situation where noise is an issue. So try and do
it right with the initial install.

Don't forget clearcom systems either....
--scott
September 27, 2004 12:05:03 AM

Archived from groups: nz.tech,rec.audio.pro (More info?)

In article <cj5292$9f7$1@panix2.panix.com> in nz.tech on 25 Sep 2004
20:25:06 -0400, Scott Dorsey <kludge@panix.com> says...
> Patrick Dunford <patrickdunford@nomail.invalid> wrote:
> >Every sound system manual I have ever seen recommends strongly you have
> >dimmers on a separate phase from the sound system.
> >
> >The problem with this is, most dimmer packs are three phase.
> >
> >Short of not using 1/3 of your channels, what can be done about the noise
> >problems?
>
> 1. Don't use dimmers at all.
>
> 2. Get a separate service from the dimmers.
>
> 3. Spend the money for expensive dimmer packs that have some degree of noise
> filtering, then put them on a three-phase isolation transformer from the
> main service.

How does running your sound gear on isolation transformers go?

We don't get much noise now, except for using three channels where the
mains cables run too close to the audio lines.
Anonymous
September 27, 2004 12:05:04 AM

Archived from groups: nz.tech,rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Patrick Dunford <patrickdunford@nomail.invalid> wrote:

>How does running your sound gear on isolation transformers go?

It allows you to break connection between your grounding system and the
building grounding system. It gives you some degree of low-pass filtering
on the power line.

But, it does nothing about the RF trash that is radiating from the building
power system and from the lighting cables. RF trash that floats through the
air and couples into audio gear, even though it's not coming into the audio
gear through the power line.

>We don't get much noise now, except for using three channels where the
>mains cables run too close to the audio lines.

Well, move them and stop worrying so much. If you don't have noise problems,
don't worry about noise. If you have noise problems, find out what specific
problems they are and fix them.
--scott
September 27, 2004 12:05:04 AM

>> 3. Spend the money for expensive dimmer packs that have some degree of
>noise
>> filtering, then put them on a three-phase isolation transformer from the
>> main service.

Back in the mid-late 60's, we built a new studio and had the buzzing and other
artifacts from the studio dimmers. We wound up placing the lighting on
isolation transformers to eliminate the interference with audio. I would hope
things have progressed further by now. Isolation was a little expensive.

--Wayne

-"sounded good to me"-
Anonymous
September 27, 2004 12:05:05 AM

Is it just me or does anyone else noticed how much nicer rap is after having
killfiled the philbot. What a relief to get rid of that nasty, fuzzy logic.

Ty Ford

stuff are at www.tyford.com
Anonymous
September 27, 2004 12:05:06 AM

So you DO have a kill file????

Al

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 11:13:49 -0400, Ty Ford <tyreeford@comcast.net>
wrote:

>Is it just me or does anyone else noticed how much nicer rap is after having
>killfiled the philbot. What a relief to get rid of that nasty, fuzzy logic.
>

>Ty Ford
>

>-- Ty Ford's equipment reviews, audio samples, rates and other audiocentric
>stuff are at www.tyford.com
Anonymous
September 27, 2004 2:48:54 AM

"Ty Ford" wrote:
> Is it just me or does anyone else noticed how much nicer rap is after
having
> killfiled the philbot. What a relief to get rid of that nasty, fuzzy
logic.

It's better, but since it still appears in other people's quoted replies
it's like there's this weird echo which is even stranger and more insane
than the actual posts.

-jw
Anonymous
September 27, 2004 6:30:34 AM

playon wrote:

> So you DO have a kill file?

Ty got a new newsreader some time ago. (Pay attention, will ya? <g>)
Still, that doesn't mean that having four wheel drive makes driving
around and over piles of excrement a pleasure.

--
ha
Anonymous

In article <qHH5d.47592$Ot3.42920@twister.nyc.rr.com> johnwashburn99@nyc.rr.com writes:

> "Ty Ford" wrote:
> > Is it just me or does anyone else noticed how much nicer rap is after
> having
> > killfiled the philbot.

> It's better, but since it still appears in other people's quoted replies

Also, all it takes is posting a message with his name in it and he'll
reply with an insulting remark.

Mark my words.

September 27, 2004 2:18:17 PM

>> Ty got a new newsreader some time ago. (Pay attention, will ya? <g>)
>> Still, that doesn't mean that having four wheel drive makes driving
>> around and over piles of excrement a pleasure.

However, that is what the steering wheel is for...
Anonymous
September 27, 2004 4:11:44 PM

"Ty Ford"

> Is it just me or does anyone else noticed how much nicer rap is after
having
> killfiled the philbot.

** Only scum want to eliminate their critics.

Typhoid has all the qualifications.

............. Phil
Anonymous
September 27, 2004 4:11:45 PM

Phil Allison wrote:

> ** Only scum want to eliminate their critics.

So that's everyone here judging by your usual comments ( assume including
liars, parrots et al ).

Graham
Anonymous
September 27, 2004 6:28:53 PM

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 09:53:19 +1200, Patrick Dunford
<patrickdunford@nomail.invalid> wrote:
> Every sound system manual I have ever seen recommends strongly you have
> dimmers on a separate phase from the sound system.
>
> The problem with this is, most dimmer packs are three phase.
>
> Short of not using 1/3 of your channels, what can be done about the noise
> problems?

The manuals are talking about studio installs, whereas dimmer packs are
"luggable" in that context.

When I was doing theatre, they'd bring in 200+ channels of dimmers.
These would be wired direct very close to the service entrance with the
ground lead doubled, making a very robust earth connection.

The sound equipment would then be effectively "separate" . . a much
smaller load usually a service panel or two removed from the lighting.

The "dimmer problem" is most often encountered in a residential or
commercial space that's retrofitted into a studio. Residential dimmers
have to meet emmission standards sufficient for TV viewing, but they
don't stand up to critical listening.

If the power distribution is well-planned and the dimmers are of better
quality (variacs, hopefully), this is less of a problem.
Anonymous
September 27, 2004 6:41:48 PM

"Pooh Bear"

> Phil Allison wrote:
>
> > ** Only scum want to eliminate their critics.
>
> So that's everyone here ...

** Only the lowest usenet vermin use the killfile on someone and THEN go on
posting abuse of that person.

............ Phil
Anonymous
September 27, 2004 8:16:51 PM

Pooh Bear wrote:

> Phil Assilon wrote:

> > ** Only scum want to eliminate their critics.

> So that's everyone here judging by your usual comments ( assume including
> liars, parrots et al ).

What he meant to say is that civilized people flush the toilet.

--
ha
September 28, 2004 2:27:32 PM

Archived from groups: nz.tech,rec.audio.pro (More info?)

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 20:14:25 +0200, Joakim Wendel
<oviktig@bostreammail.net> scribbled:

>No wonder you guys go bomb other countries off the planet ... sheesh
>;) wait, where is nz?

Funny. Har har. You should be a stand-up comedian.
Anonymous
September 28, 2004 2:46:28 PM

"U-CDK_CHARLES
Patrick Dunford

> > Every sound system manual I have ever seen recommends strongly you have
> > dimmers on a separate phase from the sound system.
> >
> > The problem with this is, most dimmer packs are three phase.
> >
> > Short of not using 1/3 of your channels, what can be done about the
noise
> > problems?
>
> The manuals are talking about studio installs, whereas dimmer packs are
> "luggable" in that context.

** The manuals are talking about sound systems - not studios of any kind.

> When I was doing theatre, they'd bring in 200+ channels of dimmers.
> These would be wired direct very close to the service entrance with the
> ground lead doubled, making a very robust earth connection.
>
> The sound equipment would then be effectively "separate" . . a much
> smaller load usually a service panel or two removed from the lighting.

** AS recommended in the manuals Patrick is reading.

> The "dimmer problem" is most often encountered in a residential or
> commercial space that's retrofitted into a studio.

** Is anyone so dumb they have triac dimmed lights installed in a
recording studio ????

> Residential dimmers have to meet emmission standards sufficient for TV
viewing,

** AM and short wave bands are covered too - just not the AUDIO band !!

> If the power distribution is well-planned and the dimmers are of better
> quality (variacs, hopefully), this is less of a problem.

** Variac and variable inductance dimming went out decades ago.

For critical applications, where no audible buzz can be accepted there are
modern "Sine Wave" dimmers - using either mosfets ot IGBTs to "chop" the AC
at supersonic high frequency and scale it to any desired value.

http://www.stld.org.uk/php/index.php?sectionid=19&paren...

.............. Phil
Anonymous
September 28, 2004 2:54:41 PM

"mr c deckard"

> phil, why are you still here? you gain nothing (no one here is as
> knowledgeable as you), and you give nothing.

** Hey, to that Dickhard shithead !!

In the space below explain what you think a public forum is ???

---

** In this next space explain why you think anyone is entitled to act like
they own this NG ??

** I wait with interest.

.............. Phil
Anonymous
September 28, 2004 2:54:42 PM

"Phil Allison" <philallison@tpg.com.au> wrote in message news:<2rrr2cF1e1ga8U1@uni-berlin.de>...
> "mr c deckard"
> >
> > phil, why are you still here? you gain nothing (no one here is as
> > knowledgeable as you), and you give nothing.
>

> ** Hey, to that Dickhard shithead !!
>

> In the space below explain what you think a public forum is ???

> ---

> ** In this next space explain why you think anyone is entitled to act like
> they own this NG ??

> ** I wait with interest.
>

> ............. Phil

You didn't answer his question ("phil, why are you still here? you
gain nothing (no one here is as knowledgeable as you), and you give
nothing"), you only changed the subject. Why not answer his question?
It should be easy for a genius like you, Phil.
Anonymous
September 28, 2004 2:54:42 PM

"Phil Allison" <philallison@tpg.com.au> wrote in message news:<2rrr2cF1e1ga8U1@uni-berlin.de>...
> "mr c deckard"

phil, if you *really* wait for my answers with "interest", then you
must first answer the question i asked you *first* (note that i'm not
telling you to leave, i'm trying to find out why you stay when
everyone really, really wants you to):

-----------
phil, why are you still here? you gain nothing (no one here is as
knowledgeable as you), and you give nothing.

absolutely NO ONE wants you here. everyone here is in a group
throwing rocks at you, yelling at you to GO AWAY. it's rather
pathetic, and i'm kinda getting embarrassed for you.
------------

if you honestly answer that question (it actually is quite an honest
question), i will honestly answer the two that you included below.

it just boggles my mind, phil, that someone would stick around and
bother in a forum (of idiots, parrots, and, as we've come to find out,
problematic names) where they are *actively NOT wanted*, and they
contribute and gain NOTHING.

in a way, phil, it challenges my model of behaviourial theory, so i'm
trying to figure out if i need to update it or not.

your friend,
chris "dickhard" deckard
saint louis mo

> In the space below explain what you think a public forum is ???

> ---

> ** In this next space explain why you think anyone is entitled to act like
> they own this NG ??

> ** I wait with interest.
>

> ............. Phil
September 28, 2004 7:54:22 PM

In article <f290bcd4.0409280641.7a2bda8a@posting.google.com>,
ThePaulThomas <thepaulthomas@hotmail.com> wrote:

> The question and comment you have not answered was quoted in my
> original post. I will repeat it again:
>
> "phil, why are you still here? you gain nothing (no one here is as
> knowledgeable as you), and you give nothing".
>
> So let's hear your answer to the question, Phil. Why are you still
> here?

Like the Triumph, the insult comic dog on Conan O'Brien, his job is to
poop on you.

David Correia
Celebration Sound
Warren, Rhode Island

CelebrationSound@aol.com
www.CelebrationSound.com
Anonymous
September 29, 2004 12:12:06 AM

"Ty Ford"

> I never take advice from anonymous doctors.
>
> Ty Ford

** ROTFLMAO !!!

A prize charlatan will not take advice from someone he suspect might be
just like him !!!

............ Phil
Anonymous
September 29, 2004 12:12:07 AM

"Phil Allison" <philallison@tpg.com.au> wrote in message news:<2rsrnhF1duaapU1@uni-berlin.de>...
> "Ty Ford"
>
> > I never take advice from anonymous doctors.
> >
> > Ty Ford

Heh, thanks for the morning laugh. I feel the same way about advice from
random recordists.

> ** ROTFLMAO !!!
>
> A prize charlatan will not take advice from someone he suspect might be
> just like him !!!
>
> ........... Phil

"... just like him"? I'm a lot younger than Ty, and better looking. He has a nicer
mic collection, though.

-DrBoom
Anonymous
September 29, 2004 12:12:07 AM

"Phil Allison" <philallison@tpg.com.au> wrote in message

> *************************
> *************************
> ........... Phil

I'm wondering what kind of person feels so powerless in their own life that
they turn to a place like usenet for some measure of power. You differ from
'normal' trolls in that you appear to be a real person and you only use one
address to post from. So your motivation isn't to destroy the group, as some
kids get their jollies doing over in alt. You seem to try and help some of
the newer members of the forum while attempting, as best as you can, to
insult the 'die-hards'. This is a classic usenet 'divide and conquer'
strategy, but unsuccessful for you as your posting style is uncharismatic in
all ways.

I'm really interested in usenet culture, and I'm writing a dissertation, so
I have a few questions.

1) Are you married? Have you ever been married?
2) What do you do for a living? What is your job title?
3) How much money do you make?
4) Do you come from a single parent household?
5) Do you have fond memories of childhood?
6) Are you affiliated with a political party? If so, what?
7) Are you affiliatd with a religious group, if so, which?
8) Have you ever wounded an animal? If so, why?
9) Do you watch TV? What are your favorite shows?
10) How much sugar do you consume in a day? Caffeine? Alcohol? Canabis?
Cocaine? Heroin?
11) Have you ever been incarcerated? If so, why?
12) Are you now or have you ever been a member of the communist party?
13) Which testacle hangs lower, the right or the left?

Thanks Phil, I know you're the helpful type so I'll just thank you in
advance for your speedy answering.

jb
Anonymous
September 29, 2004 12:12:08 AM

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 10:51:31 -0400, DrBoom wrote
(in article <69adb0eb.0409280651.13d9dfa0@posting.google.com>):

> "Phil Allison" <philallison@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
>> "Ty Ford"
>>
>>> I never take advice from anonymous doctors.
>>>
>>> Ty Ford
>
> Heh, thanks for the morning laugh. I feel the same way about advice from
> random recordists.

Me too.

I'm a lot younger than Ty, and better looking. He has a
> nicer
> mic collection, though.
>
> -DrBoom

Chicks dig it. ;)

Ty Ford

stuff are at www.tyford.com
Anonymous
September 29, 2004 2:18:57 AM

Phil Allison wrote:

> "mr c dickard"
>

>>phil, if you *really* wait for my answers with "interest", then you
>>must first answer the question i asked you *first*
>

> ** I have.
>
> " Anyone is entitled to contribute to a PUBLIC FORUM. "

You can, so you will for no other reason. Do I have that
right?

You must be a _very_ busy troll.

Entitled or not, you are not wanted by anyone here.
Probably never have been anywhere.

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein
Anonymous
September 29, 2004 11:18:07 AM

>> " Anyone is entitled to contribute to a PUBLIC FORUM. "

>Entitled or not, you are not wanted by anyone here.
>Probably never have been anywhere.

How late must one stay up to consider *both* of these positions
to have equivalent or at least comparable validity? I could
answer the question if I only knew my current time zone.

Bon chance, mon ami's,

Chris Hornbeck
Anonymous
September 29, 2004 5:00:40 PM

"reddred"

** Mr R Dred, your last frontal lobotomy was not successful - have
another.

............ Phil
Anonymous
September 29, 2004 7:43:10 PM

"Bob Cain"
> Phil Allison wrote:
>
> > "mr c dickard"

> >>phil, if you *really* wait for my answers with "interest", then you
> >>must first answer the question i asked you *first*
> >

> > ** I have.
> >
> > " Anyone is entitled to contribute to a PUBLIC FORUM. "
>

> You can, so you will for no other reason. Do I have that
> right?

** Not even slightly.

But The Porcine Prince of Fools never gets anything right.

> Entitled or not, you are not wanted by anyone here.

** Certainly not wanted buy all the charlatans, spivs and their dupes.

I see you are their self appointed advocate.

.............. Phil
Anonymous
September 30, 2004 12:58:54 PM

> > Entitled or not, you are not wanted by anyone here.
> >

> ** Certainly not wanted buy all the charlatans, spivs and their dupes.
>
> I see you are their self appointed advocate.

well, it seems that this whole list is comprised of charlatans, spivs,
and their dupes. not to mention idiots, parrots and one, i'm proud to
say, "dickhard"!

so why do you stay, phil? do you LIKE hanging around charlatans,
spivs and their dupes? idiots, parrots and dickhards?

on top of that, they don't even want you around!

phil, i suggest that the reason you don't directly answer my question
("phil, why do you stay here when no one wants you here"), is that
you're ashamed of the answer. which is ok, shame is an important
human emotion.

this is why i suggest that you dismiss this whole list as charlatans,
spivs, and their dupes, parrots, idiots, dickhards, etc., and announce
that you're too good for the likes of us, and be off! you insult us,
AND you save face!

your friend,
chris "dickhard" deckard
saint louis mo
Anonymous
October 1, 2004 1:29:58 PM

"mr c deckard" = possibly the biggest moron on earth

> so why do you stay, phil? do you LIKE hanging around charlatans,
> spivs and their dupes? idiots, parrots and dickhards?

** I am not staying anywhere - you utter imbecile.

I just pop in to see what the Parrots, Spivs and Charlatans are up to.

Seems they are all in a flap over one person.

............ Phil
Anonymous
October 1, 2004 1:32:02 PM

"mr c deckard"

> phil, why do you stay here when no one wants you here?

** Since this is a public forum - your idiotic fake "question" it is
TOTALLY IRRELEVANT .

............. Phil
Anonymous
October 1, 2004 10:56:48 PM

"Phil Allison" <philallison@tpg.com.au> wrote in message news:<2s3jbkF1h1r5iU1@uni-berlin.de>...
> "mr c deckard"
>
> > phil, why do you stay here when no one wants you here?
> >

> ** Since this is a public forum - your idiotic fake "question" it is
> TOTALLY IRRELEVANT .

irrelevant to what? irrelevant to that fact that you're ashamed to
answer? if you weren't, you'd have no problem answering.

so, phil, why do you stay here when no one wants you here?

answer me honestly, and i'll leave you alone.

chris "dickhard" deckard,
computer chair psychology
"helping trolls get a life since 2003"
saint louis mo
Anonymous
October 2, 2004 4:37:30 PM

"mr c dickard"
> "Phil Allison
>>
>> > phil, why do you stay here when no one wants you here?
>>
>> ** Since this is a public forum - your idiotic fake "question" it is
>> TOTALLY IRRELEVANT .
>>

> irrelevant to what?

** It is utterly **irrelevant** who does or does not want me to post here.

> so, phil, why do you stay here when no one wants you here?

** Same answer as before:

" ** I am not staying anywhere - you utter imbecile.
I just pop in to see what the Parrots, Spivs and Charlatans are up to.
Seems they are all in a flap over one person. "

> answer me honestly, and i'll leave you alone.

** When did you stop beating your wife, stop rooting your dog, stop
taking hard drugs, get out of jail, get out of that lunatic asylum .....

Answer me *honestly* and I will leave you alone - promise ....

.............. Phil
Anonymous
October 2, 2004 4:37:31 PM

"Phil Allison" <philallison@tpg.com.au> wrote in message news:<2s6ijjF1hlb6gU1@uni-berlin.de>...
> "mr c dickard"
> > "Phil Allison
> >>

> > so, phil, why do you stay here when no one wants you here?
> >

> ** Same answer as before:
>
> " ** I am not staying anywhere - you utter imbecile.
> I just pop in to see what the Parrots, Spivs and Charlatans are up to.
> Seems they are all in a flap over one person. "

oh, i see, i have to word it just right for you:

so, phil, why do you "pop in" here; why do you post here, when no one
wants you here?

yeah, this is a public forum, and democracy is implied. this group is
an audio-based group by majority rule. majority rules that you're not
welcome here. but you continue to post. where you are not welcome.
not wanted.

are you that lonely?

i suppose you do have a right to be pathetic.

i mean, really, phil. honestly. it's pathetic to keep coming back
and posting where you are actively. not. wanted.

concerned,
chris "dickhard" deckard
saint louis mo
Anonymous
October 3, 2004 5:33:08 PM

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 20:46:06 +0200, "JP Gerard" <jpgerard@skynet.be>
wrote:

>Can't believe this, Phil still exists???

Well, he is one of those creatures from a Star Trek episode where you
keep shooting at him, and you think he's dead but he just absorbs the
energy and becomes stronger.

Only way out is to ignore him off the planet.

Willie K. Yee, M.D. http://users.bestweb.net/~wkyee
Developer of Problem Knowledge Couplers for Psychiatry http://www.pkc.com
Webmaster and Guitarist for the Big Blue Big Band http://www.bigbluebigband.org
Anonymous
October 7, 2004 10:03:28 PM

Tracy Wintermute wrote:

> But ya know what's is worser? Cricks! Yessir, them damn innocent
> lookin little things'd kill ya soon as lookin at ya.

If'n ever ya git two of 'em in yo' neck atta same time you's done fo'.

--
ha
Anonymous

Harvey Gerst wrote:

> I like your version better (but unfortunately, my publisher says I still
> get all the royalties from it because your work is a "derivative").

Tracy shoulda used dither. I tried to tell him.

--
ha
Anonymous

Bryson wrote:

> Because it's still better than how he feels about himself.

So the asstoriskiness is 'cause he types with his nose while feeling
about himself.

--
ha
Anonymous

walkinay@thegrid.net (hank alrich) wrote in news:1gla5wk.1n05goless42qN%
walkinay@thegrid.net:

> Harvey Gerst wrote:
>
>> I like your version better (but unfortunately, my publisher says I still
>> get all the royalties from it because your work is a "derivative").
>
> Tracy shoulda used dither. I tried to tell him.

Then it would have been ditheritave...