Grand Theft Auto

Hello,

I recently downloaded the copy Grand Theft Auto that Rockstar recently
made available and I'm having a weird problem. I can start a game,
but if I exit the game and restart, it blows up. Has anyone else
experienced this problem? The specs for the machine I was using are:

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service
Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: OptiPlex GX280
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A04
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 1014MB RAM
Page File: 528MB used, 1912MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Thanks,
* Robinson

Mirror Spock wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I recently downloaded the copy Grand Theft Auto that Rockstar recently
> made available and I'm having a weird problem. I can start a game,
> but if I exit the game and restart, it blows up. Has anyone else
> experienced this problem? The specs for the machine I was using are:
>
> Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service
> Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
> Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
> System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
> System Model: OptiPlex GX280
> BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A04
> Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz (2 CPUs)
> Memory: 1014MB RAM
> Page File: 528MB used, 1912MB available
> Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
> DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
>
> Thanks,
> * Robinson
I've got no information to impart wrt your specific problem, but I'd say
you'll have much better luck getting help with this if you can elaborate
a bit on "it blows up". Just a thought.

Cheers,
-joe.

p.s. Could this have something to do with your problem?
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
Sorry, couldn't help myself. :)

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 08:42:05 +1000, Joe Mama
<bloodywanker@drugsmakemecool.com> wrote:

>Mirror Spock wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I recently downloaded the copy Grand Theft Auto that Rockstar recently
>> made available and I'm having a weird problem. I can start a game,
>> but if I exit the game and restart, it blows up. Has anyone else
>> experienced this problem? The specs for the machine I was using are:
>>
>> Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service
>> Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
>> Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
>> System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
>> System Model: OptiPlex GX280
>> BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A04
>> Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz (2 CPUs)
>> Memory: 1014MB RAM
>> Page File: 528MB used, 1912MB available
>> Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
>> DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
>>
>> Thanks,
>> * Robinson
>I've got no information to impart wrt your specific problem, but I'd say
>you'll have much better luck getting help with this if you can elaborate
>a bit on "it blows up". Just a thought.
>
>Cheers,
> -joe.
>
>p.s. Could this have something to do with your problem?
> System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
>Sorry, couldn't help myself. :)

The whole Dell thing could be it as I didn't have that problem on a
different machine. As for "blowing up", I'd start the game, pick a
person and a city, get the record scratch sound and then promptly get
the "Grand Theft Auto.exe has encountered a problem and needs to
close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." message.

I guess I'll use the other machine to play.

* Robinson