802.11b and broadband 2mb

graeme

i have a built in 802.11b card on my new Dell inspiron
8600 notebook...will it support broadband speeds of 2mb
or do i need to upgrade to 802.11g ?

i am thinking of getting a netgear dg834g router???

Thanx

Graeme

wvb

Distinguished
May 4, 2004

"Graeme" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:0b0601c431bc
$afcfa450$3501280a@phx.gbl:

> i have a built in 802.11b card on my new Dell inspiron
> 8600 notebook...will it support broadband speeds of 2mb
> or do i need to upgrade to 802.11g ?
>
> i am thinking of getting a netgear dg834g router???
>
> Thanx
>
> Graeme

802.11b delivers 11 Mbps and 802.11g delivers 56 Mbps, both are faster than
your wired broadband connection (cable?).
Upgrading to 11G would only be an advantage when you plan to transfer huge
(video) files over your local network.

To answer your question, your builtin card supports your broadband with
ease.

Hope it helps,
Wvb