V300 MP3 ring tone help

I have a V300, usb cable, and phone tools. What are the constraints on the
MP3 files I can use as ringtones. Bit rate, size, etc.

Also, what is a good program to change the bit rate on a mp3 file.

Thanks for your help.
9 answers Last reply
More about v300 ring tone help

    didnt think u could use mp3 files for ringtones on the v300???

    I have one and didnt know that, saying that i havent got a data cable etc
    but I am intersted to know whether u can

    "Denzel" <denzel@not.here> wrote in message
    > I have a V300, usb cable, and phone tools. What are the constraints on
    the
    > MP3 files I can use as ringtones. Bit rate, size, etc.
    >
    > Also, what is a good program to change the bit rate on a mp3 file.
    >
    > Thanks for your help.

    Yes you can, It also supports wav files for voice tones

    On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 11:03:06 GMT, "Allan Cropper"
    <allan.cropper@ntlworld.com> wrote:

    >didnt think u could use mp3 files for ringtones on the v300???
    >
    >I have one and didnt know that, saying that i havent got a data cable etc
    >but I am intersted to know whether u can
    >

    >"Denzel" <denzel@not.here> wrote in message
    >> I have a V300, usb cable, and phone tools. What are the constraints on
    >the
    >> MP3 files I can use as ringtones. Bit rate, size, etc.
    >>
    >> Also, what is a good program to change the bit rate on a mp3 file.
    >>
    >> Thanks for your help.

    You say I can put mp3 files as ringtones right but how do I put em on, I
    know I may need a data cable but how do you transfer em to the v300?????

    "Hawkeye" <hawkeyebf@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Yes you can, It also supports wav files for voice tones
    >
    > On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 11:03:06 GMT, "Allan Cropper"
    > <allan.cropper@ntlworld.com> wrote:
    >
    > >didnt think u could use mp3 files for ringtones on the v300???
    > >
    > >I have one and didnt know that, saying that i havent got a data cable etc
    > >but I am intersted to know whether u can
    > >

    > >"Denzel" <denzel@not.here> wrote in message
    > >> I have a V300, usb cable, and phone tools. What are the constraints on
    > >the
    > >> MP3 files I can use as ringtones. Bit rate, size, etc.
    > >>
    > >> Also, what is a good program to change the bit rate on a mp3 file.
    > >>
    > >> Thanks for your help.

    You need Mobile Phone Tools to do it using the Media Studio

    On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 13:19:12 GMT, "Allan Cropper"
    <allan.cropper@ntlworld.com> wrote:

    >You say I can put mp3 files as ringtones right but how do I put em on, I
    >know I may need a data cable but how do you transfer em to the v300?????
    >
    >"Hawkeye" <hawkeyebf@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Yes you can, It also supports wav files for voice tones
    >>
    >> On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 11:03:06 GMT, "Allan Cropper"
    >> <allan.cropper@ntlworld.com> wrote:
    >>
    >> >didnt think u could use mp3 files for ringtones on the v300???
    >> >
    >> >I have one and didnt know that, saying that i havent got a data cable etc
    >> >but I am intersted to know whether u can
    >> >

    >> >"Denzel" <denzel@not.here> wrote in message
    >> >the

    64kbs MONO works best. Limit it to 30 seconds or you are just wasting memory
    in your phone. Network won't let your phone ring more than 30 secs.

    Phone supports iMelody, MIDI and MP3 only, not .wav

    --
    Steve
    "Denzel" <denzel@not.here> wrote in message
    >I have a V300, usb cable, and phone tools. What are the constraints on the
    > MP3 files I can use as ringtones. Bit rate, size, etc.
    >
    > Also, what is a good program to change the bit rate on a mp3 file.
    >
    > Thanks for your help.

    mediastudio???? Is that a separate thing to go on the pc????

    "Khris" <khris.phillipsNOSPAM@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > You need Mobile Phone Tools to do it using the Media Studio
    >

    > On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 13:19:12 GMT, "Allan Cropper"
    > <allan.cropper@ntlworld.com> wrote:
    >
    > >You say I can put mp3 files as ringtones right but how do I put em on, I
    > >know I may need a data cable but how do you transfer em to the v300?????
    > >
    > >"Hawkeye" <hawkeyebf@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >> Yes you can, It also supports wav files for voice tones

    My phone must be the only one than..I transfer wav's and they work
    just fine...
    On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 14:32:49 GMT, "Steve" <nr4p@NOJUNKearthlink.net>
    wrote:

    >64kbs MONO works best. Limit it to 30 seconds or you are just wasting memory
    >in your phone. Network won't let your phone ring more than 30 secs.
    >
    >Phone supports iMelody, MIDI and MP3 only, not .wav

    I have Mobile Phone Tools, the cable and the works from Ebay.
    Documentation is fairly poor though. Is there a step by step process
    of going from an MP3 on the computer to a ring tone on the cell phone.

    On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 21:41:26 -0500, "Denzel" <denzel@not.here> wrote:

    >I have a V300, usb cable, and phone tools. What are the constraints on the
    >MP3 files I can use as ringtones. Bit rate, size, etc.
    >
    >Also, what is a good program to change the bit rate on a mp3 file.
    >
    >Thanks for your help.

    LISTEN UP NEWBS
    its not that hard to put a mp3 on ur damn v300

    if u have a datacable u must have MOBILE PHONE TOOLS

    ok when ur on that and it shows a v300 on the screen theres an icon on
    the right that has a pic of 2 faces once u click that it says audio and
    images all u do is drag the mp3 OR WAV onto it and its on ur phone

    email me at RHannosh213@yahoo.com if u have any questions

    :hit: newbs

    --
    RHannosh213