V300 MP3 ring tone help

Last response: in Brands
September 3, 2004 1:41:26 AM

I have a V300, usb cable, and phone tools. What are the constraints on the
MP3 files I can use as ringtones. Bit rate, size, etc.

Also, what is a good program to change the bit rate on a mp3 file.

Thanks for your help.

More about : v300 mp3 ring tone

Anonymous
September 3, 2004 3:03:06 PM

didnt think u could use mp3 files for ringtones on the v300???

I have one and didnt know that, saying that i havent got a data cable etc
but I am intersted to know whether u can

"Denzel" <denzel@not.here> wrote in message
> I have a V300, usb cable, and phone tools. What are the constraints on
the
> MP3 files I can use as ringtones. Bit rate, size, etc.
>
> Also, what is a good program to change the bit rate on a mp3 file.
>
> Thanks for your help.

Anonymous
September 3, 2004 4:51:18 PM

Yes you can, It also supports wav files for voice tones

On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 11:03:06 GMT, "Allan Cropper"
<allan.cropper@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>didnt think u could use mp3 files for ringtones on the v300???
>
>I have one and didnt know that, saying that i havent got a data cable etc
>but I am intersted to know whether u can
>

>"Denzel" <denzel@not.here> wrote in message
>> I have a V300, usb cable, and phone tools. What are the constraints on
>the
>> MP3 files I can use as ringtones. Bit rate, size, etc.
>>
>> Also, what is a good program to change the bit rate on a mp3 file.
>>
>> Thanks for your help.

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
September 3, 2004 5:19:12 PM

You say I can put mp3 files as ringtones right but how do I put em on, I
know I may need a data cable but how do you transfer em to the v300?????

"Hawkeye" <hawkeyebf@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Yes you can, It also supports wav files for voice tones
>
> On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 11:03:06 GMT, "Allan Cropper"
> <allan.cropper@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
> >didnt think u could use mp3 files for ringtones on the v300???
> >
> >I have one and didnt know that, saying that i havent got a data cable etc
> >but I am intersted to know whether u can
> >

> >"Denzel" <denzel@not.here> wrote in message
> >> I have a V300, usb cable, and phone tools. What are the constraints on
> >the
> >> MP3 files I can use as ringtones. Bit rate, size, etc.
> >>
> >> Also, what is a good program to change the bit rate on a mp3 file.
> >>
> >> Thanks for your help.

Anonymous
September 3, 2004 5:27:36 PM

You need Mobile Phone Tools to do it using the Media Studio

On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 13:19:12 GMT, "Allan Cropper"
<allan.cropper@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>You say I can put mp3 files as ringtones right but how do I put em on, I
>know I may need a data cable but how do you transfer em to the v300?????
>
>"Hawkeye" <hawkeyebf@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Yes you can, It also supports wav files for voice tones
>>
>> On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 11:03:06 GMT, "Allan Cropper"
>> <allan.cropper@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>>
>> >didnt think u could use mp3 files for ringtones on the v300???
>> >
>> >I have one and didnt know that, saying that i havent got a data cable etc
>> >but I am intersted to know whether u can
>> >

>> >"Denzel" <denzel@not.here> wrote in message
>> >the

September 3, 2004 6:32:49 PM

64kbs MONO works best. Limit it to 30 seconds or you are just wasting memory
in your phone. Network won't let your phone ring more than 30 secs.

Phone supports iMelody, MIDI and MP3 only, not .wav

--
Steve
"Denzel" <denzel@not.here> wrote in message
>I have a V300, usb cable, and phone tools. What are the constraints on the
> MP3 files I can use as ringtones. Bit rate, size, etc.
>
> Also, what is a good program to change the bit rate on a mp3 file.
>
> Thanks for your help.

Anonymous
September 3, 2004 7:24:39 PM

mediastudio???? Is that a separate thing to go on the pc????

"Khris" <khris.phillipsNOSPAM@gmail.com> wrote in message
> You need Mobile Phone Tools to do it using the Media Studio
>

> On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 13:19:12 GMT, "Allan Cropper"
> <allan.cropper@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
> >You say I can put mp3 files as ringtones right but how do I put em on, I
> >know I may need a data cable but how do you transfer em to the v300?????
> >
> >"Hawkeye" <hawkeyebf@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Yes you can, It also supports wav files for voice tones

Anonymous
September 3, 2004 7:41:37 PM

My phone must be the only one than..I transfer wav's and they work
just fine...
On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 14:32:49 GMT, "Steve" <nr4p@NOJUNKearthlink.net>
wrote:

>64kbs MONO works best. Limit it to 30 seconds or you are just wasting memory
>in your phone. Network won't let your phone ring more than 30 secs.
>
>Phone supports iMelody, MIDI and MP3 only, not .wav
Anonymous
September 5, 2004 2:46:37 AM

I have Mobile Phone Tools, the cable and the works from Ebay.
Documentation is fairly poor though. Is there a step by step process
of going from an MP3 on the computer to a ring tone on the cell phone.

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 21:41:26 -0500, "Denzel" <denzel@not.here> wrote:

>I have a V300, usb cable, and phone tools. What are the constraints on the
>MP3 files I can use as ringtones. Bit rate, size, etc.
>
>Also, what is a good program to change the bit rate on a mp3 file.
>
>Thanks for your help.

Anonymous
December 29, 2004 1:55:31 AM

LISTEN UP NEWBS
its not that hard to put a mp3 on ur damn v300

if u have a datacable u must have MOBILE PHONE TOOLS

ok when ur on that and it shows a v300 on the screen theres an icon on
the right that has a pic of 2 faces once u click that it says audio and
images all u do is drag the mp3 OR WAV onto it and its on ur phone

email me at RHannosh213@yahoo.com if u have any questions

:hit: newbs

--
RHannosh213