Text Flickering issue when resizing some windows?

tylorbutt

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
Not quite sure which category to put this under, so I just took a guess.

I'm really frustrated because I've been trying to find the solution for this as long as I can remember. This doesn't happen in most applications, but when I resize certain windows - for example the Nvidia Control Panel - the text in the left menu box flicker. It's very distracting.

I'm just wondering if there's something I can do/try to fix this issue, because it's been bothering me for some time. I'm not sure if it's the graphics driver, the program itself, or unlikely, a hardware issue. I've looked into this and made sure all of the drivers are updated.

I'll post my specs if necessary, I'm just looking for a solution! Thanks

tylorbutt

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
I was just using the latest beta version of the Nvidia drivers, and I rolled back to the latest non-beta version.. the problem still persists. I'll keep rolling the driver back just to see if there's any change.

Also, when the driver was uninstalled, and I was installing the "new" old one, the problem was still present.

Thanks for the response guys!

tylorbutt

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
I've done most of the Windows 7 updates, ie. SP1, and most of the security updates. If I left some out, it was unintentional and probably an optional update.

I'll try disabling the card and see how that goes, and yes, I'm running a desktop.

I'll keep updating, thanks for your replies.