PC Gamer gives F.E.A.R a 92%

Just got the latest PC Gamer in the mail today and they have a huge review
of F.E.A.R in this months issue. The review is about the same size as they
gave HL2 for those that had a chance to read that one. I haven't had a
chance to read the whole thing yet, but from what I have read, it's sounding
like it could be the next "Big One" I enjoyed the demo, and can't wait for
this one to come out so we'll have something fun to talk about in this group
for change. JLC
57 answers Last reply
More about gamer

    On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 22:02:26 -0700, "JLC" <j.jc@nospam.com> wrote:

    >Just got the latest PC Gamer in the mail today and they have a huge review
    >of F.E.A.R in this months issue. The review is about the same size as they
    >gave HL2 for those that had a chance to read that one. I haven't had a
    >chance to read the whole thing yet, but from what I have read, it's sounding
    >like it could be the next "Big One" I enjoyed the demo, and can't wait for
    >this one to come out so we'll have something fun to talk about in this group
    >for change. JLC

    PC Gamer gave Doom 3 94%. Doom 3 is an 84% game, at best.

    It's b/c there have been absolutely no original FPS AAA releases so far this
    year. Nothing. This has been a dry year so far. Area 51? Pariah? Both
    console ports (reload-a-rama snorefests, really). And Doom 3: RoE was just
    an expansion (albeit a good one, IMO).

    The magazine is drumming up hype. Unless HL2: Aftermath gets released this
    year, I don't see any other FPS of this caliber competing against F.E.A.R.
    for the GotY award. And I haven't even tried the demo!

    Sadly, all the games I'm looking forward to in the fall will be Xbox360
    releases that *may* get ported to the PC.

    On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 03:59:49 -0700, Tecknomage
    <tecknode@NOSPAMcts.com> wrote:

    >SteamKiller, my sentiments _exactly_! You and I see eye-to-eye on PC
    >gaming.
    >
    >==== Tecknomage ====
    <rest of completely malformed .sig snipped>

    I think you should change your nick to Ludditemage then.

    What could be more fun than reading STEAMkilla's rants and Butterpant's
    personal blogs?

    --
    there is no .sig
    "JLC" <j.jc@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > this one to come out so we'll have something fun to talk about in this
    > group for change. JLC

    Doom3 was the most overhyped, expensive, boring game I've played in a long
    while. I got the "collector's edition" for ~$60.00. It's a tech demo in
    search of a game. I actually have more fun playing the FEAR demo and Jedi
    Knight 2: Jedi Outcast than Doom3:ROE. Which reminds me, I've got to
    uninstall Doom3 since it's just a waste of hard disk space.

    --
    there is no .sig

    Kevin wrote:

    > Doom 3 is an 84% game, at best.

    It is not!

    70% tops...

    JLC wrote:
    > Just got the latest PC Gamer in the mail today and they have a huge review
    > of F.E.A.R in this months issue. The review is about the same size as they
    > gave HL2 for those that had a chance to read that one. I haven't had a
    > chance to read the whole thing yet, but from what I have read, it's sounding
    > like it could be the next "Big One" I enjoyed the demo, and can't wait for
    > this one to come out so we'll have something fun to talk about in this group
    > for change. JLC

    There's a thread on the official F.E.A.R. forum, which has the "review
    box" details about the game:

    Highs: Kinetic destruction in combat; propulsive narrative; genuinely
    creepy; movie-quality audio.

    Lows: A bit too derivative of some key influences; surprisingly
    conventional plot.

    Bottom Line: A highly entertaining shooter that makes good on its high
    concept.

    steamKILLER wrote:

    > 4. steam free! oh god it feels so good being able to buy a
    > pc game steam free, a pure product, not contaminated, not
    > infected, not restrictive, that really respect us pc gamers
    > purity in retail is SO IMPORTANT!

    Do you own an EB franchise by any chance? You seem to be totally
    obsessed with the retail avenue of game purchasing.

    On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 22:02:26 -0700, "JLC" <j.jc@nospam.com> wrote:

    >Just got the latest PC Gamer in the mail today and they have a huge review
    >of F.E.A.R in this months issue. The review is about the same size as they
    >gave HL2 for those that had a chance to read that one. I haven't had a
    >chance to read the whole thing yet, but from what I have read, it's sounding
    >like it could be the next "Big One" I enjoyed the demo, and can't wait for
    >this one to come out so we'll have something fun to talk about in this group
    >for change. JLC

    I haven't trusted a PC Gamer review in years. I stopped subscribing
    to their mag years ago. There is something up with them.

    -pw

    use paulwilliamson at spamcop dot net for e-mail

    Doug wrote:
    > Doom3 was the most overhyped, expensive, boring game I've played in a long
    > while. I got the "collector's edition" for ~$60.00. It's a tech demo in
    > search of a game. I actually have more fun playing the FEAR demo and Jedi
    > Knight 2: Jedi Outcast than Doom3:ROE. Which reminds me, I've got to
    > uninstall Doom3 since it's just a waste of hard disk space.

    I enjoyed Doom 3 for what it was.

    Am just replaying it on my new pc : and you know what? It *is*
    replayable : the second time around its not as "scary" since you take it
    more slowly and enjoy the incredible attention to atmospherics. a 90%
    game IMO for a corridoor shooter genre member. Cant play it for more
    than 20 minutes or so though : it's just to tense. Not as scary as SS2
    (calling Werner ...), but damn moody and dark.

    --
    Walter Mitty
    -

    J0ck_Str4p wrote:
    > What is your prob with STEAM?
    >
    > I like that it keeps all my stuff updated so I don't have to
    > piss about looking, downloading, and installing updates manually,
    > trying to find the quickest source because I was in a clan match in 20
    > mins.
    >
    > Aaaah.... Has it stopped you pirating your games? Stopped you cheating
    > in CS:S?
    >
    > Heh..Get over it.
    >
    > Steam does nothing but good in my eyes.
    >
    > I said YES to Steam, HL2, CS:S and all the Sierra/Vivendi stuff,
    > because it rocks, and is worth paying for.
    >
    > Now go change the record.

    You do not argue with steamKILLER, because all you'll end up with is a
    headache. What you can do however is make fun at his expense, turn his
    words against him, point out his flaws and make him realise that he's
    alone in the world, and will die alone too.

    "JLC" <j.jc@nospam.com> once tried to test me with:

    > Just got the latest PC Gamer in the mail today and they have a huge
    > review of F.E.A.R in this months issue. The review is about the same
    > size as they gave HL2 for those that had a chance to read that one. I
    > haven't had a chance to read the whole thing yet, but from what I have
    > read, it's sounding like it could be the next "Big One" I enjoyed the
    > demo, and can't wait for this one to come out so we'll have something
    > fun to talk about in this group for change. JLC

    If FEAR is the best this year has to offer it's a shitty year.

    Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

    x-no-archive: yes

    J0ck_Str4p wrote:

    > What is your prob with STEAM?

    you know what the problem is with steam? i'll tell you the
    problem with steam mister

    the problem with steam is not every pc gamer is like you
    is this so difficult to understand? is it?
    or do you think every one has the same tastes and the same
    system like you?
    you like steam fine but others don't!
    you can use steam but others can't!

    first not every pc gamer likes steam
    not every pc gamer wants to use steam for anticheat and for
    finding multiplayer servers or for auto-updating
    all these features are already available in pc games but
    in other utilities which are optional and can be used if
    the pc gamers wants to
    are you reading this mister? the pc gamer chooses if he
    wants to use them or not! he's not FORCED to use against
    his own will
    but with steam everything is FORCED upon you!
    we are FORCED to use steam if we want to play valve games
    there is no choice
    there is no options
    there is no alternative
    if you don't like steam you should not be FORCED to use it

    but there is another very important issue
    privacy
    steam ends privacy in pc games
    you no longer can play pc games ANONYMOUSLY and PRIVATELY
    cause valve is MONITORING you
    valve is WATCHING you!
    valve is SPYING you!
    valve with steam becomes "big brother"

    and last but not least there is the extremely important
    problem of system requirements
    steam requires an internet broadband connection and not
    every pc gamer around the world has it
    i'm talking about having it in the computer you use for
    games cause most of us have access to internet in our job
    or other places but not in the computer we use for games

    so you see steam is FULL of problems, all kinds of them
    but you still are totally blind to those problems... why?
    probably you are careless about pc gamers
    probably you are simply selfish
    probably you are too lazy to think about the issues
    no matter what the reason is one thing is for sure you
    are not being a conscience consumer with a critic spirit
    but rather a weak submissive one
    in a few years time when steam evolves to a pure service
    based system with games being available only to rent and
    in a episodic/modular format making you pay much more
    than you are now used to then you will probably change
    your mind... but by then it will be too late...

    --
    post made in a steam-free computer
    i said "NO" to valve and steam

    <paulwilliamsonremove@removespamcop.net> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 22:02:26 -0700, "JLC" <j.jc@nospam.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Just got the latest PC Gamer in the mail today and they have a huge review
    >>of F.E.A.R in this months issue. The review is about the same size as they
    >>gave HL2 for those that had a chance to read that one. I haven't had a
    >>chance to read the whole thing yet, but from what I have read, it's
    >>sounding
    >>like it could be the next "Big One" I enjoyed the demo, and can't wait for
    >>this one to come out so we'll have something fun to talk about in this
    >>group
    >>for change. JLC
    >>

    > I haven't trusted a PC Gamer review in years. I stopped subscribing
    > to their mag years ago. There is something up with them.

    I don't trust their reviews on big games where they get an exclusive or
    whatnot. But they are a decent enough monthly read for the price. Especially
    since they've expanded their "mods" column and list lots of good fan-made
    mods to various games, both old and new (this month's had a link to a
    Fallout 2 mod that I never knew existed).

    I just don't have time to be involved in each game's community to know what
    good mods are out there, so this is a big help. They also sometimes review a
    game I hadn't heard of that interests me.

    However, the magazine has been shrinking steadily - I suspect it will be no
    more in a few years, and they will move to an online component that competes
    with Gamespot (lotsa luck there)

    On 15 Sep 2005 23:52:23 GMT, Knight37 <knight37m@gmail.com> wrote:

    >If FEAR is the best this year has to offer it's a shitty year.

    I would agree apart from BF2 having been released.

    Andrew wrote:
    > On 15 Sep 2005 23:52:23 GMT, Knight37 <knight37m@gmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > >If FEAR is the best this year has to offer it's a shitty year.
    >
    > I would agree apart from BF2 having been released.

    Yeah. A mod for a 3 year old game BF1942. Sorry, that certainly isn't
    GOTY material there.

    L.Tatipata wrote:
    > All our hardware allready have a backdoor built in by the manufacturer,
    > always assume that if u go online, they ( the big all seeing EYE) WILL find
    > out WHAT u do and WHERE u are and eventually WHO u are.. if they're
    > interested in u, gods forbid.

    Paranoid much?
  18. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Andrew wrote:
    > DC, but the net result is great fun.

    Meh. :)

    I might pick it up some day when it's appropriately priced for what you
    get.

    Knight37
  19. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 20:51:39 GMT, "Schrodinger" <no@way.com> wrote:

    >I think Chronicles of Riddick played much better if the demo is anything to
    >go by...

    CoR is a good game and much better than D3, even looks better IMO.
    It's a bit short in play length though.
  20. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Thusly Kevin <no@SPAM.here> Spake Unto All:

    >>I think Chronicles of Riddick played much better if the demo is anything to
    >>go by...
    >
    >CoR is a good game and much better than D3, even looks better IMO.
    >It's a bit short in play length though.

    It's a nice game, certainly deserved better sales than it got, yeah.
    My main complaint were the ridiculously small maps, so there were long

    Hopefully that particular kind of console silliness is something we
    wont see much once xbox2 is released.
  21. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    On 16 Sep 2005 08:27:01 -0700, "knight37" <knight37m@gmail.com> wrote:

    >Yeah. A mod for a 3 year old game BF1942. Sorry, that certainly isn't
    >GOTY material there.

    It isn't a mod. It is easily GOTY for me as far as FPS go, GTA:SA
    holds the crown overall for me though.
  22. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    steamKILLER wrote:

    > valve is SPYING you!

    Bullshit. There have been several reports by security companies
    showing/proving that Steam is not Spyware. People have run
    packet-sniffers and verified that Steam connects to its
    content/authorization servers and nothing else, and only the required
    data is transmitted.

    Ignore the stats if you must, but Steam is definately not Spyware.
  23. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    "GFree" <neon@gmail.com> schreef in bericht
    > steamKILLER wrote:
    >
    >> valve is SPYING you!
    >
    > Bullshit. There have been several reports by security companies
    > showing/proving that Steam is not Spyware. People have run packet-sniffers
    > and verified that Steam connects to its content/authorization servers and
    > nothing else, and only the required data is transmitted.
    >
    > Ignore the stats if you must, but Steam is definately not Spyware.

    To be honest,it doesnt matter if its spyware, as long as it dont clog ure
    system.
    All our hardware allready have a backdoor built in by the manufacturer,
    always assume that if u go online, they ( the big all seeing EYE) WILL find
    out WHAT u do and WHERE u are and eventually WHO u are.. if they're
    interested in u, gods forbid.

    have a nice night...

    yveL dr.Knievel
  24. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 17:29:16 +0930, GFree <neon@gmail.com> wrote:

    >steamKILLER wrote:
    >
    >> valve is SPYING you!
    >
    >Bullshit. There have been several reports by security companies
    >showing/proving that Steam is not Spyware. People have run
    >packet-sniffers and verified that Steam connects to its
    >content/authorization servers and nothing else, and only the required
    >data is transmitted.
    Got any links?

    >Ignore the stats if you must, but Steam is definately not Spyware.
    They download info about your PC and since they make you log on for
    nothing they are in a position to start spying anytime they want.

    Questions:
    1. Why do they make you connect to play SP games if they don't
    transmit information?

    2. Why do they not disconnect when you are done playing their games?

    3. Why do they want us connected all the time to their network?
  25. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 06:45:53 -0400, me@home.net wrote:

    >Questions:
    >1. Why do they make you connect to play SP games if they don't
    >transmit information?

    "They" don't make you each time, once you have authenticated and
    updated Steam and the games you can run it in offline mode.

    >2. Why do they not disconnect when you are done playing their games?

    How do "they" know when you are done? "They" do not possess godlike
    powers, despite all the credit the twat SK gives them.

    >3. Why do they want us connected all the time to their network?

    *sigh*, as has been discussed ad nauseam, for anti-piracy reasons.
  26. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Quoth The Raven: jwb <jwb3333removethis@excite.com> in
    lOqWe.34456$%w.18583@twister.nyc.rr.com
    > <paulwilliamsonremove@removespamcop.net> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 22:02:26 -0700, "JLC" <j.jc@nospam.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Just got the latest PC Gamer in the mail today and they have a huge
    >>> review of F.E.A.R in this months issue. The review is about the
    >>> same size as they gave HL2 for those that had a chance to read that
    >>> one. I haven't had a chance to read the whole thing yet, but from
    >>> what I have read, it's sounding
    >>> like it could be the next "Big One" I enjoyed the demo, and can't
    >>> wait for this one to come out so we'll have something fun to talk
    >>> about in this group
    >>> for change. JLC
    >>>

    >> I haven't trusted a PC Gamer review in years. I stopped subscribing
    >> to their mag years ago. There is something up with them.
    >
    > I don't trust their reviews on big games where they get an exclusive
    > or whatnot. But they are a decent enough monthly read for the price.
    > Especially since they've expanded their "mods" column and list lots
    > of good fan-made mods to various games, both old and new (this
    > month's had a link to a Fallout 2 mod that I never knew existed).
    >
    > I just don't have time to be involved in each game's community to
    > know what good mods are out there, so this is a big help. They also
    > sometimes review a game I hadn't heard of that interests me.
    >
    > However, the magazine has been shrinking steadily - I suspect it will
    > be no more in a few years, and they will move to an online component
    > that competes with Gamespot (lotsa luck there)

    our aussie mags are huge, and the advertising material is non obtrusive,
    but I certainly cant say the same for pcgamer. it is so thin and every
    second page is an ad, the cd is small and I never find anything in it I
    hadn't read elsewhere. the UK one says nads and bollocks all the time
    and all I can think of a spotty faced nerd with bad teeth in an anorak.
    I stoped buying them years ago.

    --
    dAMN, SOMEONE HAS STOLEN MY cAPSLOCK KEY

    Take out the _CURSING to reply to me
  27. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    me@home.net wrote:
    > On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 17:29:16 +0930, GFree <neon@gmail.com> wrote:
    >

    >>steamKILLER wrote:
    >>

    >>>valve is SPYING you!
    >>
    >>Bullshit. There have been several reports by security companies
    >>showing/proving that Steam is not Spyware. People have run
    >>packet-sniffers and verified that Steam connects to its
    >>content/authorization servers and nothing else, and only the required
    >>data is transmitted.
    >
    > Got any links?

    I think one of the veterans here posted some links in a previous thread.
    I have seen the links and they are conclusive proof. If you are unable
    to find them youself, you'll just have to trust me. :)
  28. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Andrew wrote:
    > On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 06:45:53 -0400, me@home.net wrote:
    >

    >>Questions:
    >>1. Why do they make you connect to play SP games if they don't
    >>transmit information?
    >

    > "They" don't make you each time, once you have authenticated and
    > updated Steam and the games you can run it in offline mode.
    >

    >>2. Why do they not disconnect when you are done playing their games?
    >

    > How do "they" know when you are done? "They" do not possess godlike
    > powers, despite all the credit the twat SK gives them.
    >

    >>3. Why do they want us connected all the time to their network?
    >

    > *sigh*, as has been discussed ad nauseam, for anti-piracy reasons.

    Give it up. Unfounded cynicism is part of human nature, and such people
    will not accept an answer if it doesn't conform to their pre-existing
    notions.

    i.e. The Steam debate ended for most people ages ago. You'll get a
    headache arguing with the stragglers.
  29. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 21:59:39 +0930, GFree <neon@gmail.com> wrote:

    >i.e. The Steam debate ended for most people ages ago. You'll get a
    >headache arguing with the stragglers.

    You are the one who defies logic and keeps arguing pointlessly with SK
    while the rest of us try to ignore the twat.
  30. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    me@home.net wrote:
    > On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 17:29:16 +0930, GFree <neon@gmail.com> wrote:
    >

    >>steamKILLER wrote:
    >>

    >>>valve is SPYING you!
    >>
    >>Bullshit. There have been several reports by security companies
    >>showing/proving that Steam is not Spyware. People have run
    >>packet-sniffers and verified that Steam connects to its
    >>content/authorization servers and nothing else, and only the required
    >>data is transmitted.
    >
    > Got any links?

    I have some in my browser history it would seem:

    http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/steam/
    http://www.auditmypc.com/process/steam.asp
    http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/steam/

    Of course, I except you'll ignore the conclusions presented in the
    links, given that they don't match your prejudices against Steam.
  31. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 08:35:57 +1000, Nostromo
    <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote:

    >Ok, new policy - 3 strikes & yer OUT! I'm keepin count - anyone responds to
    >smegboy 3 times goes on the shitlist & gets killfiled for 90 days. I
    >strongly suggest everyone else does this. Let's start the list in a separate
    >thread - if someone knows a quick way of collating the figures, say weekly,
    >or better yet, auto-posting a reply to anyone & everyone who replies to him
    >with a count (+ a final warning at 2 posts), that would be great.

    Sounds good to me, I had been toying with a similar idea for my own
    killfile, although 90 days may be a bit OTT. It is just a shame that
    SK and his pro and anti accomplices push the requirements for
    killfiles a lot further than current Usenet clients can accommodate.
  32. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    > On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 08:35:57 +1000, Nostromo
    > <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote:
    >
    >>Ok, new policy - 3 strikes & yer OUT! I'm keepin count - anyone responds
    >>smegboy 3 times goes on the shitlist & gets killfiled for 90 days. I
    >>strongly suggest everyone else does this. Let's start the list in a
    >>separate
    >>thread - if someone knows a quick way of collating the figures, say
    >>weekly,
    >>or better yet, auto-posting a reply to anyone & everyone who replies to
    >>him
    >>with a count (+ a final warning at 2 posts), that would be great.
    >
    > Sounds good to me, I had been toying with a similar idea for my own
    > killfile, although 90 days may be a bit OTT. It is just a shame that
    > SK and his pro and anti accomplices push the requirements for
    > killfiles a lot further than current Usenet clients can accommodate.

    OK - I'm bored with him so I'm up for it...

    KF'd for a week or two is more than enough tho' - don't want to be driving
    regs away for the sake of that arsehole.
  33. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Thusly Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> Spake Unto All:

    >Ok, new policy - 3 strikes & yer OUT!

    Fairynuff. 30 days timeout to anyone who replies to
    sayNO2steam/Terry/difool/steamKILLER. I'm in.
  34. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 02:46:50 +0200, Mean_Chlorine
    <mike_noren2002@NOSPAMyahoo.co.uk> wrote:

    >Thusly Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> Spake Unto All:
    >
    >>Ok, new policy - 3 strikes & yer OUT!
    >
    >Fairynuff. 30 days timeout to anyone who replies to
    >sayNO2steam/Terry/difool/steamKILLER. I'm in.

    You gives a F%@k who you filter.
  35. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> once tried to test me with:

    > Ok, new policy - 3 strikes & yer OUT! I'm keepin count - anyone
    > responds to smegboy 3 times goes on the shitlist & gets killfiled for
    > 90 days. I strongly suggest everyone else does this. Let's start the
    > list in a separate thread - if someone knows a quick way of collating
    > the figures, say weekly, or better yet, auto-posting a reply to anyone
    > & everyone who replies to him with a count (+ a final warning at 2
    > posts), that would be great.

    If everyone else goes along with it, why not. He's boring now. Broken
    record, blah blah blah. It was fun to taunt him but the fun has worn off.

    Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.
  36. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Knight37 wrote:
    > Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> once tried to test me with:
    >

    >>Ok, new policy - 3 strikes & yer OUT! I'm keepin count - anyone
    >>responds to smegboy 3 times goes on the shitlist & gets killfiled for
    >>90 days. I strongly suggest everyone else does this. Let's start the
    >>list in a separate thread - if someone knows a quick way of collating
    >>the figures, say weekly, or better yet, auto-posting a reply to anyone
    >>& everyone who replies to him with a count (+ a final warning at 2
    >>posts), that would be great.
    >

    > If everyone else goes along with it, why not. He's boring now. Broken
    > record, blah blah blah. It was fun to taunt him but the fun has worn off.

    Shouldn't you therefore have a rule that says you can only taunt him for
    so many times over a defined period? It seems a bit unfair that now the
    regulars have had their fun no one else gets to have some :-)
  37. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    <me@home.net> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 02:46:50 +0200, Mean_Chlorine
    > <mike_noren2002@NOSPAMyahoo.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    >>Thusly Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> Spake Unto All:
    >>
    >>>Ok, new policy - 3 strikes & yer OUT!
    >>
    >>Fairynuff. 30 days timeout to anyone who replies to
    >>sayNO2steam/Terry/difool/steamKILLER. I'm in.
    >>
    > You gives a F%@k who you filter.

    I don't imagine anyone gives a F%@k as you put it - I wouldn't normally give
    a $hit who KF's me. I wouldn't want to get KF'd by everyone though -
    wouldn't enjoy talking to myself.

    SK tends to bollox up many threads with inane rambling and ranting. He's
    stopped being entertaining and has become insulting. If you have a better
    idea for reducing the effects he has on all those threads then I for one am
    all ears?
  38. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Thusly me@home.net Spake Unto All:

    >>>Ok, new policy - 3 strikes & yer OUT!
    >>
    >>Fairynuff. 30 days timeout to anyone who replies to
    >>sayNO2steam/Terry/difool/steamKILLER. I'm in.
    >>
    >You gives a F%@k who you filter.

    I do.

    *plonk*
  39. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Thus spake "Shawk" <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses>, Sat, 17 Sep 2005 00:16:09
    +0100, Anno Domini:

    >"Andrew" <spamtrap@localhost.> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 08:35:57 +1000, Nostromo
    >> <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Ok, new policy - 3 strikes & yer OUT! I'm keepin count - anyone responds
    >>>smegboy 3 times goes on the shitlist & gets killfiled for 90 days. I
    >>>strongly suggest everyone else does this. Let's start the list in a
    >>>separate
    >>>thread - if someone knows a quick way of collating the figures, say
    >>>weekly,
    >>>or better yet, auto-posting a reply to anyone & everyone who replies to
    >>>him
    >>>with a count (+ a final warning at 2 posts), that would be great.
    >>
    >> Sounds good to me, I had been toying with a similar idea for my own
    >> killfile, although 90 days may be a bit OTT. It is just a shame that
    >> SK and his pro and anti accomplices push the requirements for
    >> killfiles a lot further than current Usenet clients can accommodate.
    >

    >OK - I'm bored with him so I'm up for it...
    >
    >KF'd for a week or two is more than enough tho' - don't want to be driving
    >regs away for the sake of that arsehole.

    Fair enough - each person can decide how long for. I'm just gonna post the
    weekly stats. Each person can decide how many strikes is out for themselves
    as well :).

    Once even the regs realise noone else is reading or responding to their
    posts because of ShitEATER, the STN ratio here should pickup pretty quick ;)

    --
    A killfile is a friend for life.

  40. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 19:02:10 +1000, Nostromo wrote:

    > Once even the regs realise noone else is reading or responding to their
    > posts because of ShitEATER, the STN ratio here should pickup pretty quick ;)

    This is your second post in this thread, so that's your second strike. ;)

    M.
  41. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Thus spake me@home.net, Fri, 16 Sep 2005 23:07:25 -0400, Anno Domini:

    >On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 02:46:50 +0200, Mean_Chlorine
    ><mike_noren2002@NOSPAMyahoo.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    >>Thusly Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> Spake Unto All:
    >>
    >>>Ok, new policy - 3 strikes & yer OUT!
    >>
    >>Fairynuff. 30 days timeout to anyone who replies to
    >>sayNO2steam/Terry/difool/steamKILLER. I'm in.
    >>
    >You gives a F%@k who you filter.

    We'll start with you, SteamLICKER! >8^P

    --
    A killfile is a friend for life.

  42. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Thus spake JAB <nochance@nohope.com>, Sat, 17 Sep 2005 07:31:37 GMT, Anno
    Domini:

    >Knight37 wrote:
    >> Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> once tried to test me with:
    >>

    >>>Ok, new policy - 3 strikes & yer OUT! I'm keepin count - anyone
    >>>responds to smegboy 3 times goes on the shitlist & gets killfiled for
    >>>90 days. I strongly suggest everyone else does this. Let's start the
    >>>list in a separate thread - if someone knows a quick way of collating
    >>>the figures, say weekly, or better yet, auto-posting a reply to anyone
    >>>& everyone who replies to him with a count (+ a final warning at 2
    >>>posts), that would be great.
    >>

    >> If everyone else goes along with it, why not. He's boring now. Broken
    >> record, blah blah blah. It was fun to taunt him but the fun has worn off.
    >>

    >Shouldn't you therefore have a rule that says you can only taunt him for
    >so many times over a defined period? It seems a bit unfair that now the
    >regulars have had their fun no one else gets to have some :-)

    Hey, I'm just makin a suggestion & postin the stats - not the rules!
    Each half sane person can decide for themselves if they want this trollsmeg
    to continue to hijack our gaming groups, along with those who encourage him.
    Don't shoot the messenger! ;)

    --
    A killfile is a friend for life.

  43. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Nostromo wrote:
    > Thus spake JAB <nochance@nohope.com>, Sat, 17 Sep 2005 07:31:37 GMT, Anno
    > Domini:
    >

    >>Knight37 wrote:
    >>
    >>>Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> once tried to test me with:

    >>>If everyone else goes along with it, why not. He's boring now. Broken
    >>>record, blah blah blah. It was fun to taunt him but the fun has worn off.
    >>>

    >>Shouldn't you therefore have a rule that says you can only taunt him for
    >>so many times over a defined period? It seems a bit unfair that now the
    >>regulars have had their fun no one else gets to have some :-)
    >

    > Hey, I'm just makin a suggestion & postin the stats - not the rules!
    > Each half sane person can decide for themselves if they want this trollsmeg
    > to continue to hijack our gaming groups, along with those who encourage him.
    > Don't shoot the messenger! ;)

    Honestly I don't know why the 'regulars' don't just ignore the little
    twat. I don't tend to use a killfile but if that's what it takes then
    all the better.

    To get back on topic - the demo for F.E.A.R is bloody good just don't
    know whether the whole game can keep up the atmoshpere. Haven't been
    this 'scared' playing a game since HL1. Doom3 was far to predictable but
    I've got high hopes for this one.

    What about BIA: Earned in Blood? I really liked the first one (I think I
    may be in a minority here) but they seem to now be releasing what it
    should have been i.e. improved A.I., dynamic battles etc.
  44. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    "JAB" <nochance@nohope.com> wrote in message

    > To get back on topic - the demo for F.E.A.R is bloody good just don't know
    > whether the whole game can keep up the atmoshpere. Haven't been this
    > 'scared' playing a game since HL1. Doom3 was far to predictable but I've
    > got high hopes for this one.

    I enjoyed it - I'll be buying it when it comes out.

    > What about BIA: Earned in Blood? I really liked the first one (I think I
    > may be in a minority here) but they seem to now be releasing what it
    > should have been i.e. improved A.I., dynamic battles etc.

    I like the first one - fired it up again last night cos I still haven't
    finished it. Haven't seen much on BIA: Earned in Blood so I'll be looking
    at that next - thanks for the heads up.
  45. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Shawk wrote:
    > "JAB" <nochance@nohope.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>To get back on topic - the demo for F.E.A.R is bloody good just don't know
    >>whether the whole game can keep up the atmoshpere. Haven't been this
    >>'scared' playing a game since HL1. Doom3 was far to predictable but I've
    >>got high hopes for this one.
    >

    > I enjoyed it - I'll be buying it when it comes out.
    >

    >>What about BIA: Earned in Blood? I really liked the first one (I think I
    >>may be in a minority here) but they seem to now be releasing what it
    >>should have been i.e. improved A.I., dynamic battles etc.
    >

    > I like the first one - fired it up again last night cos I still haven't
    > finished it. Haven't seen much on BIA: Earned in Blood so I'll be looking
    > at that next - thanks for the heads up.

    There's an 'in play' demo from E3 2005 at

    www.gamespot.com/pc/action/brothersinarmsnewchapter/media.html
  46. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 13:49:54 +0200, Michael Vondung
    <mvondung@gmail.com> dared speak in front of ME:

    >On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 19:02:10 +1000, Nostromo wrote:
    >
    >> Once even the regs realise noone else is reading or responding to their
    >> posts because of ShitEATER, the STN ratio here should pickup pretty quick ;)
    >
    >This is your second post in this thread, so that's your second strike. ;)

    He didn't quote SK, so it's more of a foul tip :p
    --
    The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out
    the conservative adopts them.

    PC Gamer has a reputation for giving out hype reviews in exchange for
    exclusive first-publish rights.
  48. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    x-no-archive: yes

    Tecknomage wrote:

    > SteamKiller, my sentiments _exactly_! You and I see eye-to-eye
    > on PC gaming.

    thanks Tecknomage!
    thank you very much for your support and we are not alone

    and i'm sorry if you had to be insulted just cause you don't
    like steam and console ports

    its so sad seeing some in this group uncapable of accepting
    pc gamers with different tastes, opinions and systems
    a part of this group functions very much like a mob, and this
    specific steam mob wants to impose over all others there own
    way which is not surprising cause they defend a dictatorship
    system called steam
    if they could the steam mob would silence everyone questioning
    valve and steam
    again thanks Tecknomage and please stay in this group and don't
    feel intimidated by the bulling the steam mod does
    please actively participate and share your opinion with us all
    i've been insulted by all them since day one but i've managed
    to keep posting and be true to myself

    i didn't reply the day you wrote and i read your post but it
    seams they changed this thread completely and what was suppose
    to be something dealing with what will be 2005 game of the year
    to another plan to try and silence me and condition the freedom
    of speech this group and all usenet has
    this thread was only about a very sincere praise to f.e.a.r. so
    lets keep it this way
    yesterday i read f.e.a.r. turn "gold", yes!
    so lets make f.e.a.r. a fabulous success and at least surpass
    the 1 million units sold in the first month
    f.e.a.r. rocks!
    long live pc game titles like f.e.a.r.!
    down with censorship, dictatorship and STEAM!

    --
    post made in a steam-free computer
    i said "NO" to valve and steam
  49. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 13:10:09 +0200, Mean_Chlorine
    <mike_noren2002@NOSPAMyahoo.co.uk> wrote:

    >Thusly me@home.net Spake Unto All:

    >>>Fairynuff. 30 days timeout to anyone who replies to
    >>>sayNO2steam/Terry/difool/steamKILLER. I'm in.
    >>>
    >>You gives a F%@k who you filter.
    >
    >I do.
    >
    >*plonk*
    What will I do now ?