Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

PC Gamer gives F.E.A.R a 92%

Last response: in Video Games
Share
September 15, 2005 2:02:26 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Just got the latest PC Gamer in the mail today and they have a huge review
of F.E.A.R in this months issue. The review is about the same size as they
gave HL2 for those that had a chance to read that one. I haven't had a
chance to read the whole thing yet, but from what I have read, it's sounding
like it could be the next "Big One" I enjoyed the demo, and can't wait for
this one to come out so we'll have something fun to talk about in this group
for change. JLC

More about : gamer

Anonymous
September 15, 2005 1:04:48 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 22:02:26 -0700, "JLC" <j.jc@nospam.com> wrote:

>Just got the latest PC Gamer in the mail today and they have a huge review
>of F.E.A.R in this months issue. The review is about the same size as they
>gave HL2 for those that had a chance to read that one. I haven't had a
>chance to read the whole thing yet, but from what I have read, it's sounding
>like it could be the next "Big One" I enjoyed the demo, and can't wait for
>this one to come out so we'll have something fun to talk about in this group
>for change. JLC
>

PC Gamer gave Doom 3 94%. Doom 3 is an 84% game, at best.
September 15, 2005 2:57:20 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

It's b/c there have been absolutely no original FPS AAA releases so far this
year. Nothing. This has been a dry year so far. Area 51? Pariah? Both
console ports (reload-a-rama snorefests, really). And Doom 3: RoE was just
an expansion (albeit a good one, IMO).

The magazine is drumming up hype. Unless HL2: Aftermath gets released this
year, I don't see any other FPS of this caliber competing against F.E.A.R.
for the GotY award. And I haven't even tried the demo!

Sadly, all the games I'm looking forward to in the fall will be Xbox360
releases that *may* get ported to the PC.
Related resources
September 15, 2005 4:04:09 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 03:59:49 -0700, Tecknomage
<tecknode@NOSPAMcts.com> wrote:

>SteamKiller, my sentiments _exactly_! You and I see eye-to-eye on PC
>gaming.
>
>==== Tecknomage ====
<rest of completely malformed .sig snipped>

I think you should change your nick to Ludditemage then.
--
Andrew, contact via interpleb.blogspot.com
Help make Usenet a better place: English is read downwards,
please don't top post. Trim replies to quote only relevant text.
Check groups.google.com before asking an obvious question.
Anonymous
September 15, 2005 6:51:23 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

What could be more fun than reading STEAMkilla's rants and Butterpant's
personal blogs?

--
there is no .sig
"JLC" <j.jc@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:0JidnY0lj736nbTeRVn-2Q@comcast.com...
> this one to come out so we'll have something fun to talk about in this
> group for change. JLC
>
Anonymous
September 15, 2005 6:57:17 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Doom3 was the most overhyped, expensive, boring game I've played in a long
while. I got the "collector's edition" for ~$60.00. It's a tech demo in
search of a game. I actually have more fun playing the FEAR demo and Jedi
Knight 2: Jedi Outcast than Doom3:ROE. Which reminds me, I've got to
uninstall Doom3 since it's just a waste of hard disk space.

--
there is no .sig
"Kevin" <no@SPAM.here> wrote in message
news:D 9eii1hl1cn76jsjndopjd0rursv5plqtm@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 22:02:26 -0700, "JLC" <j.jc@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>
> PC Gamer gave Doom 3 94%. Doom 3 is an 84% game, at best.
Anonymous
September 15, 2005 8:13:34 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Kevin wrote:
>
>
> Doom 3 is an 84% game, at best.


It is not!

70% tops...
Anonymous
September 15, 2005 8:36:08 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

JLC wrote:
> Just got the latest PC Gamer in the mail today and they have a huge review
> of F.E.A.R in this months issue. The review is about the same size as they
> gave HL2 for those that had a chance to read that one. I haven't had a
> chance to read the whole thing yet, but from what I have read, it's sounding
> like it could be the next "Big One" I enjoyed the demo, and can't wait for
> this one to come out so we'll have something fun to talk about in this group
> for change. JLC

There's a thread on the official F.E.A.R. forum, which has the "review
box" details about the game:

Highs: Kinetic destruction in combat; propulsive narrative; genuinely
creepy; movie-quality audio.

Lows: A bit too derivative of some key influences; surprisingly
conventional plot.

Bottom Line: A highly entertaining shooter that makes good on its high
concept.
Anonymous
September 15, 2005 10:10:06 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

steamKILLER wrote:

> 4. steam free! oh god it feels so good being able to buy a
> pc game steam free, a pure product, not contaminated, not
> infected, not restrictive, that really respect us pc gamers
> purity in retail is SO IMPORTANT!

Do you own an EB franchise by any chance? You seem to be totally
obsessed with the retail avenue of game purchasing.
Anonymous
September 16, 2005 12:29:31 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 22:02:26 -0700, "JLC" <j.jc@nospam.com> wrote:

>Just got the latest PC Gamer in the mail today and they have a huge review
>of F.E.A.R in this months issue. The review is about the same size as they
>gave HL2 for those that had a chance to read that one. I haven't had a
>chance to read the whole thing yet, but from what I have read, it's sounding
>like it could be the next "Big One" I enjoyed the demo, and can't wait for
>this one to come out so we'll have something fun to talk about in this group
>for change. JLC
>

I haven't trusted a PC Gamer review in years. I stopped subscribing
to their mag years ago. There is something up with them.

-pw

use paulwilliamson at spamcop dot net for e-mail
Anonymous
September 16, 2005 1:13:37 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Doug wrote:
> Doom3 was the most overhyped, expensive, boring game I've played in a long
> while. I got the "collector's edition" for ~$60.00. It's a tech demo in
> search of a game. I actually have more fun playing the FEAR demo and Jedi
> Knight 2: Jedi Outcast than Doom3:ROE. Which reminds me, I've got to
> uninstall Doom3 since it's just a waste of hard disk space.
>

I enjoyed Doom 3 for what it was.

Am just replaying it on my new pc : and you know what? It *is*
replayable : the second time around its not as "scary" since you take it
more slowly and enjoy the incredible attention to atmospherics. a 90%
game IMO for a corridoor shooter genre member. Cant play it for more
than 20 minutes or so though : it's just to tense. Not as scary as SS2
(calling Werner ...), but damn moody and dark.

--
Walter Mitty
-
Useless, waste of money research of the day : http://tinyurl.com/3tdeu
" Format wars could 'confuse users'"
http://www.tinyurl.com
Anonymous
September 16, 2005 2:57:53 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

J0ck_Str4p wrote:
> What is your prob with STEAM?
>
> I like that it keeps all my stuff updated so I don't have to
> piss about looking, downloading, and installing updates manually,
> trying to find the quickest source because I was in a clan match in 20
> mins.
>
> Aaaah.... Has it stopped you pirating your games? Stopped you cheating
> in CS:S?
>
> Heh..Get over it.
>
> Steam does nothing but good in my eyes.
>
> I said YES to Steam, HL2, CS:S and all the Sierra/Vivendi stuff,
> because it rocks, and is worth paying for.
>
> Now go change the record.

You do not argue with steamKILLER, because all you'll end up with is a
headache. What you can do however is make fun at his expense, turn his
words against him, point out his flaws and make him realise that he's
alone in the world, and will die alone too.
Anonymous
September 16, 2005 3:52:23 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

"JLC" <j.jc@nospam.com> once tried to test me with:

> Just got the latest PC Gamer in the mail today and they have a huge
> review of F.E.A.R in this months issue. The review is about the same
> size as they gave HL2 for those that had a chance to read that one. I
> haven't had a chance to read the whole thing yet, but from what I have
> read, it's sounding like it could be the next "Big One" I enjoyed the
> demo, and can't wait for this one to come out so we'll have something
> fun to talk about in this group for change. JLC

If FEAR is the best this year has to offer it's a shitty year.

--

Knight37 - http://knightgames.blogspot.com

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.
Anonymous
September 16, 2005 4:46:40 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

x-no-archive: yes

J0ck_Str4p wrote:

> What is your prob with STEAM?

you know what the problem is with steam? i'll tell you the
problem with steam mister

the problem with steam is not every pc gamer is like you
is this so difficult to understand? is it?
or do you think every one has the same tastes and the same
system like you?
you like steam fine but others don't!
you can use steam but others can't!

first not every pc gamer likes steam
not every pc gamer wants to use steam for anticheat and for
finding multiplayer servers or for auto-updating
all these features are already available in pc games but
in other utilities which are optional and can be used if
the pc gamers wants to
are you reading this mister? the pc gamer chooses if he
wants to use them or not! he's not FORCED to use against
his own will
but with steam everything is FORCED upon you!
we are FORCED to use steam if we want to play valve games
there is no choice
there is no options
there is no alternative
if you don't like steam you should not be FORCED to use it

but there is another very important issue
privacy
steam ends privacy in pc games
you no longer can play pc games ANONYMOUSLY and PRIVATELY
cause valve is MONITORING you
valve is WATCHING you!
valve is SPYING you!
valve with steam becomes "big brother"

and last but not least there is the extremely important
problem of system requirements
steam requires an internet broadband connection and not
every pc gamer around the world has it
i'm talking about having it in the computer you use for
games cause most of us have access to internet in our job
or other places but not in the computer we use for games

so you see steam is FULL of problems, all kinds of them
but you still are totally blind to those problems... why?
probably you are careless about pc gamers
probably you are simply selfish
probably you are too lazy to think about the issues
no matter what the reason is one thing is for sure you
are not being a conscience consumer with a critic spirit
but rather a weak submissive one
in a few years time when steam evolves to a pure service
based system with games being available only to rent and
in a episodic/modular format making you pay much more
than you are now used to then you will probably change
your mind... but by then it will be too late...

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam
September 16, 2005 7:16:33 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

<paulwilliamsonremove@removespamcop.net> wrote in message
news:gebki1p20bgbcj8b589g1u5hkv7sd5ugpd@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 22:02:26 -0700, "JLC" <j.jc@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>>Just got the latest PC Gamer in the mail today and they have a huge review
>>of F.E.A.R in this months issue. The review is about the same size as they
>>gave HL2 for those that had a chance to read that one. I haven't had a
>>chance to read the whole thing yet, but from what I have read, it's
>>sounding
>>like it could be the next "Big One" I enjoyed the demo, and can't wait for
>>this one to come out so we'll have something fun to talk about in this
>>group
>>for change. JLC
>>
>
> I haven't trusted a PC Gamer review in years. I stopped subscribing
> to their mag years ago. There is something up with them.

I don't trust their reviews on big games where they get an exclusive or
whatnot. But they are a decent enough monthly read for the price. Especially
since they've expanded their "mods" column and list lots of good fan-made
mods to various games, both old and new (this month's had a link to a
Fallout 2 mod that I never knew existed).

I just don't have time to be involved in each game's community to know what
good mods are out there, so this is a big help. They also sometimes review a
game I hadn't heard of that interests me.

However, the magazine has been shrinking steadily - I suspect it will be no
more in a few years, and they will move to an online component that competes
with Gamespot (lotsa luck there)
September 16, 2005 11:53:38 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

On 15 Sep 2005 23:52:23 GMT, Knight37 <knight37m@gmail.com> wrote:

>If FEAR is the best this year has to offer it's a shitty year.

I would agree apart from BF2 having been released.
--
Andrew, contact via interpleb.blogspot.com
Help make Usenet a better place: English is read downwards,
please don't top post. Trim replies to quote only relevant text.
Check groups.google.com before asking an obvious question.
Anonymous
September 16, 2005 12:27:01 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Andrew wrote:
> On 15 Sep 2005 23:52:23 GMT, Knight37 <knight37m@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >If FEAR is the best this year has to offer it's a shitty year.
>
> I would agree apart from BF2 having been released.

Yeah. A mod for a 3 year old game BF1942. Sorry, that certainly isn't
GOTY material there.
Anonymous
September 16, 2005 12:29:38 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

L.Tatipata wrote:
> All our hardware allready have a backdoor built in by the manufacturer,
> always assume that if u go online, they ( the big all seeing EYE) WILL find
> out WHAT u do and WHERE u are and eventually WHO u are.. if they're
> interested in u, gods forbid.

Paranoid much?
Anonymous
September 16, 2005 1:05:31 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Andrew wrote:
> DC, but the net result is great fun.

Meh. :) 

I might pick it up some day when it's appropriately priced for what you
get.

Knight37
Anonymous
September 16, 2005 2:34:46 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 20:51:39 GMT, "Schrodinger" <no@way.com> wrote:


>I think Chronicles of Riddick played much better if the demo is anything to
>go by...
>

CoR is a good game and much better than D3, even looks better IMO.
It's a bit short in play length though.
Anonymous
September 16, 2005 5:31:30 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Thusly Kevin <no@SPAM.here> Spake Unto All:

>>I think Chronicles of Riddick played much better if the demo is anything to
>>go by...
>
>CoR is a good game and much better than D3, even looks better IMO.
>It's a bit short in play length though.

It's a nice game, certainly deserved better sales than it got, yeah.
My main complaint were the ridiculously small maps, so there were long
loading. pauses. every. five. steps. in. the. entire. fricking. game.

Hopefully that particular kind of console silliness is something we
wont see much once xbox2 is released.
September 16, 2005 8:29:57 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

On 16 Sep 2005 08:27:01 -0700, "knight37" <knight37m@gmail.com> wrote:

>Yeah. A mod for a 3 year old game BF1942. Sorry, that certainly isn't
>GOTY material there.

It isn't a mod. It is easily GOTY for me as far as FPS go, GTA:SA
holds the crown overall for me though.
--
Andrew, contact via interpleb.blogspot.com
Help make Usenet a better place: English is read downwards,
please don't top post. Trim replies to quote only relevant text.
Check groups.google.com before asking an obvious question.
Anonymous
September 16, 2005 9:29:16 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

steamKILLER wrote:

> valve is SPYING you!

Bullshit. There have been several reports by security companies
showing/proving that Steam is not Spyware. People have run
packet-sniffers and verified that Steam connects to its
content/authorization servers and nothing else, and only the required
data is transmitted.

Ignore the stats if you must, but Steam is definately not Spyware.
Anonymous
September 16, 2005 9:29:17 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

"GFree" <neon@gmail.com> schreef in bericht
news:432a7b53$1@duster.adelaide.on.net...
> steamKILLER wrote:
>
>> valve is SPYING you!
>
> Bullshit. There have been several reports by security companies
> showing/proving that Steam is not Spyware. People have run packet-sniffers
> and verified that Steam connects to its content/authorization servers and
> nothing else, and only the required data is transmitted.
>
> Ignore the stats if you must, but Steam is definately not Spyware.

To be honest,it doesnt matter if its spyware, as long as it dont clog ure
system.
All our hardware allready have a backdoor built in by the manufacturer,
always assume that if u go online, they ( the big all seeing EYE) WILL find
out WHAT u do and WHERE u are and eventually WHO u are.. if they're
interested in u, gods forbid.

have a nice night...

yveL dr.Knievel
September 16, 2005 9:29:17 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 17:29:16 +0930, GFree <neon@gmail.com> wrote:

>steamKILLER wrote:
>
>> valve is SPYING you!
>
>Bullshit. There have been several reports by security companies
>showing/proving that Steam is not Spyware. People have run
>packet-sniffers and verified that Steam connects to its
>content/authorization servers and nothing else, and only the required
>data is transmitted.
Got any links?
>
>Ignore the stats if you must, but Steam is definately not Spyware.
They download info about your PC and since they make you log on for
nothing they are in a position to start spying anytime they want.

Questions:
1. Why do they make you connect to play SP games if they don't
transmit information?

2. Why do they not disconnect when you are done playing their games?

3. Why do they want us connected all the time to their network?
September 16, 2005 9:29:18 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 06:45:53 -0400, me@home.net wrote:

>Questions:
>1. Why do they make you connect to play SP games if they don't
>transmit information?

"They" don't make you each time, once you have authenticated and
updated Steam and the games you can run it in offline mode.

>2. Why do they not disconnect when you are done playing their games?

How do "they" know when you are done? "They" do not possess godlike
powers, despite all the credit the twat SK gives them.

>3. Why do they want us connected all the time to their network?

*sigh*, as has been discussed ad nauseam, for anti-piracy reasons.
--
Andrew, contact via interpleb.blogspot.com
Help make Usenet a better place: English is read downwards,
please don't top post. Trim replies to quote only relevant text.
Check groups.google.com before asking an obvious question.
Anonymous
September 16, 2005 10:12:48 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Quoth The Raven: jwb <jwb3333removethis@excite.com> in
lOqWe.34456$%w.18583@twister.nyc.rr.com
> <paulwilliamsonremove@removespamcop.net> wrote in message
> news:gebki1p20bgbcj8b589g1u5hkv7sd5ugpd@4ax.com...
>> On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 22:02:26 -0700, "JLC" <j.jc@nospam.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Just got the latest PC Gamer in the mail today and they have a huge
>>> review of F.E.A.R in this months issue. The review is about the
>>> same size as they gave HL2 for those that had a chance to read that
>>> one. I haven't had a chance to read the whole thing yet, but from
>>> what I have read, it's sounding
>>> like it could be the next "Big One" I enjoyed the demo, and can't
>>> wait for this one to come out so we'll have something fun to talk
>>> about in this group
>>> for change. JLC
>>>
>>
>> I haven't trusted a PC Gamer review in years. I stopped subscribing
>> to their mag years ago. There is something up with them.
>
> I don't trust their reviews on big games where they get an exclusive
> or whatnot. But they are a decent enough monthly read for the price.
> Especially since they've expanded their "mods" column and list lots
> of good fan-made mods to various games, both old and new (this
> month's had a link to a Fallout 2 mod that I never knew existed).
>
> I just don't have time to be involved in each game's community to
> know what good mods are out there, so this is a big help. They also
> sometimes review a game I hadn't heard of that interests me.
>
> However, the magazine has been shrinking steadily - I suspect it will
> be no more in a few years, and they will move to an online component
> that competes with Gamespot (lotsa luck there)

our aussie mags are huge, and the advertising material is non obtrusive,
but I certainly cant say the same for pcgamer. it is so thin and every
second page is an ad, the cd is small and I never find anything in it I
hadn't read elsewhere. the UK one says nads and bollocks all the time
and all I can think of a spotty faced nerd with bad teeth in an anorak.
I stoped buying them years ago.

--
dAMN, SOMEONE HAS STOLEN MY cAPSLOCK KEY

Take out the _CURSING to reply to me
Anonymous
September 17, 2005 1:58:12 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

me@home.net wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 17:29:16 +0930, GFree <neon@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>>steamKILLER wrote:
>>
>>
>>>valve is SPYING you!
>>
>>Bullshit. There have been several reports by security companies
>>showing/proving that Steam is not Spyware. People have run
>>packet-sniffers and verified that Steam connects to its
>>content/authorization servers and nothing else, and only the required
>>data is transmitted.
>
> Got any links?

I think one of the veterans here posted some links in a previous thread.
I have seen the links and they are conclusive proof. If you are unable
to find them youself, you'll just have to trust me. :) 
Anonymous
September 17, 2005 1:59:39 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Andrew wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 06:45:53 -0400, me@home.net wrote:
>
>
>>Questions:
>>1. Why do they make you connect to play SP games if they don't
>>transmit information?
>
>
> "They" don't make you each time, once you have authenticated and
> updated Steam and the games you can run it in offline mode.
>
>
>>2. Why do they not disconnect when you are done playing their games?
>
>
> How do "they" know when you are done? "They" do not possess godlike
> powers, despite all the credit the twat SK gives them.
>
>
>>3. Why do they want us connected all the time to their network?
>
>
> *sigh*, as has been discussed ad nauseam, for anti-piracy reasons.

Give it up. Unfounded cynicism is part of human nature, and such people
will not accept an answer if it doesn't conform to their pre-existing
notions.

i.e. The Steam debate ended for most people ages ago. You'll get a
headache arguing with the stragglers.
September 17, 2005 1:59:40 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 21:59:39 +0930, GFree <neon@gmail.com> wrote:

>i.e. The Steam debate ended for most people ages ago. You'll get a
>headache arguing with the stragglers.

You are the one who defies logic and keeps arguing pointlessly with SK
while the rest of us try to ignore the twat.
--
Andrew, contact via interpleb.blogspot.com
Help make Usenet a better place: English is read downwards,
please don't top post. Trim replies to quote only relevant text.
Check groups.google.com before asking an obvious question.
Anonymous
September 17, 2005 2:01:50 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

me@home.net wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 17:29:16 +0930, GFree <neon@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>>steamKILLER wrote:
>>
>>
>>>valve is SPYING you!
>>
>>Bullshit. There have been several reports by security companies
>>showing/proving that Steam is not Spyware. People have run
>>packet-sniffers and verified that Steam connects to its
>>content/authorization servers and nothing else, and only the required
>>data is transmitted.
>
> Got any links?

I have some in my browser history it would seem:

http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/process...
http://www.auditmypc.com/process/steam.asp
http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/steam/

Of course, I except you'll ignore the conclusions presented in the
links, given that they don't match your prejudices against Steam.
September 17, 2005 3:44:16 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 08:35:57 +1000, Nostromo
<nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote:

>Ok, new policy - 3 strikes & yer OUT! I'm keepin count - anyone responds to
>smegboy 3 times goes on the shitlist & gets killfiled for 90 days. I
>strongly suggest everyone else does this. Let's start the list in a separate
>thread - if someone knows a quick way of collating the figures, say weekly,
>or better yet, auto-posting a reply to anyone & everyone who replies to him
>with a count (+ a final warning at 2 posts), that would be great.

Sounds good to me, I had been toying with a similar idea for my own
killfile, although 90 days may be a bit OTT. It is just a shame that
SK and his pro and anti accomplices push the requirements for
killfiles a lot further than current Usenet clients can accommodate.
--
Andrew, contact via interpleb.blogspot.com
Help make Usenet a better place: English is read downwards,
please don't top post. Trim replies to quote only relevant text.
Check groups.google.com before asking an obvious question.
September 17, 2005 4:16:09 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

"Andrew" <spamtrap@localhost.> wrote in message
news:rdimi1h659d8422kcphi9ah67tm22ffh4p@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 08:35:57 +1000, Nostromo
> <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote:
>
>>Ok, new policy - 3 strikes & yer OUT! I'm keepin count - anyone responds
>>to
>>smegboy 3 times goes on the shitlist & gets killfiled for 90 days. I
>>strongly suggest everyone else does this. Let's start the list in a
>>separate
>>thread - if someone knows a quick way of collating the figures, say
>>weekly,
>>or better yet, auto-posting a reply to anyone & everyone who replies to
>>him
>>with a count (+ a final warning at 2 posts), that would be great.
>
> Sounds good to me, I had been toying with a similar idea for my own
> killfile, although 90 days may be a bit OTT. It is just a shame that
> SK and his pro and anti accomplices push the requirements for
> killfiles a lot further than current Usenet clients can accommodate.


OK - I'm bored with him so I'm up for it...

KF'd for a week or two is more than enough tho' - don't want to be driving
regs away for the sake of that arsehole.
Anonymous
September 17, 2005 6:46:50 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Thusly Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> Spake Unto All:

>Ok, new policy - 3 strikes & yer OUT!

Fairynuff. 30 days timeout to anyone who replies to
sayNO2steam/Terry/difool/steamKILLER. I'm in.
September 17, 2005 6:46:51 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 02:46:50 +0200, Mean_Chlorine
<mike_noren2002@NOSPAMyahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>Thusly Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> Spake Unto All:
>
>>Ok, new policy - 3 strikes & yer OUT!
>
>Fairynuff. 30 days timeout to anyone who replies to
>sayNO2steam/Terry/difool/steamKILLER. I'm in.
>
You gives a F%@k who you filter.
Anonymous
September 17, 2005 8:34:30 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> once tried to test me with:

> Ok, new policy - 3 strikes & yer OUT! I'm keepin count - anyone
> responds to smegboy 3 times goes on the shitlist & gets killfiled for
> 90 days. I strongly suggest everyone else does this. Let's start the
> list in a separate thread - if someone knows a quick way of collating
> the figures, say weekly, or better yet, auto-posting a reply to anyone
> & everyone who replies to him with a count (+ a final warning at 2
> posts), that would be great.

If everyone else goes along with it, why not. He's boring now. Broken
record, blah blah blah. It was fun to taunt him but the fun has worn off.

--

Knight37 - http://knightgames.blogspot.com

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.
September 17, 2005 11:31:37 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

Knight37 wrote:
> Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> once tried to test me with:
>
>
>>Ok, new policy - 3 strikes & yer OUT! I'm keepin count - anyone
>>responds to smegboy 3 times goes on the shitlist & gets killfiled for
>>90 days. I strongly suggest everyone else does this. Let's start the
>>list in a separate thread - if someone knows a quick way of collating
>>the figures, say weekly, or better yet, auto-posting a reply to anyone
>>& everyone who replies to him with a count (+ a final warning at 2
>>posts), that would be great.
>
>
> If everyone else goes along with it, why not. He's boring now. Broken
> record, blah blah blah. It was fun to taunt him but the fun has worn off.
>

Shouldn't you therefore have a rule that says you can only taunt him for
so many times over a defined period? It seems a bit unfair that now the
regulars have had their fun no one else gets to have some :-)
September 17, 2005 2:32:38 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

<me@home.net> wrote in message
news:D t1ni11c1l7ur3f5r8p4fp0ohe26jq9oqr@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 02:46:50 +0200, Mean_Chlorine
> <mike_noren2002@NOSPAMyahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>Thusly Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> Spake Unto All:
>>
>>>Ok, new policy - 3 strikes & yer OUT!
>>
>>Fairynuff. 30 days timeout to anyone who replies to
>>sayNO2steam/Terry/difool/steamKILLER. I'm in.
>>
> You gives a F%@k who you filter.
>

I don't imagine anyone gives a F%@k as you put it - I wouldn't normally give
a $hit who KF's me. I wouldn't want to get KF'd by everyone though -
wouldn't enjoy talking to myself.

SK tends to bollox up many threads with inane rambling and ranting. He's
stopped being entertaining and has become insulting. If you have a better
idea for reducing the effects he has on all those threads then I for one am
all ears?
Anonymous
September 17, 2005 5:10:09 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Thusly me@home.net Spake Unto All:

>>>Ok, new policy - 3 strikes & yer OUT!
>>
>>Fairynuff. 30 days timeout to anyone who replies to
>>sayNO2steam/Terry/difool/steamKILLER. I'm in.
>>
>You gives a F%@k who you filter.

I do.

*plonk*
September 17, 2005 11:02:10 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

Thus spake "Shawk" <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses>, Sat, 17 Sep 2005 00:16:09
+0100, Anno Domini:

>
>"Andrew" <spamtrap@localhost.> wrote in message
>news:rdimi1h659d8422kcphi9ah67tm22ffh4p@4ax.com...
>> On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 08:35:57 +1000, Nostromo
>> <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote:
>>
>>>Ok, new policy - 3 strikes & yer OUT! I'm keepin count - anyone responds
>>>to
>>>smegboy 3 times goes on the shitlist & gets killfiled for 90 days. I
>>>strongly suggest everyone else does this. Let's start the list in a
>>>separate
>>>thread - if someone knows a quick way of collating the figures, say
>>>weekly,
>>>or better yet, auto-posting a reply to anyone & everyone who replies to
>>>him
>>>with a count (+ a final warning at 2 posts), that would be great.
>>
>> Sounds good to me, I had been toying with a similar idea for my own
>> killfile, although 90 days may be a bit OTT. It is just a shame that
>> SK and his pro and anti accomplices push the requirements for
>> killfiles a lot further than current Usenet clients can accommodate.
>
>
>OK - I'm bored with him so I'm up for it...
>
>KF'd for a week or two is more than enough tho' - don't want to be driving
>regs away for the sake of that arsehole.
>
>

Fair enough - each person can decide how long for. I'm just gonna post the
weekly stats. Each person can decide how many strikes is out for themselves
as well :) .

Once even the regs realise noone else is reading or responding to their
posts because of ShitEATER, the STN ratio here should pickup pretty quick ;) 

--
A killfile is a friend for life.

Replace 'spamfree' with the other word for 'maze' to reply via email.
Anonymous
September 17, 2005 11:02:11 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 19:02:10 +1000, Nostromo wrote:

> Once even the regs realise noone else is reading or responding to their
> posts because of ShitEATER, the STN ratio here should pickup pretty quick ;) 

This is your second post in this thread, so that's your second strike. ;) 

M.
September 17, 2005 11:02:53 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Thus spake me@home.net, Fri, 16 Sep 2005 23:07:25 -0400, Anno Domini:

>On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 02:46:50 +0200, Mean_Chlorine
><mike_noren2002@NOSPAMyahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>Thusly Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> Spake Unto All:
>>
>>>Ok, new policy - 3 strikes & yer OUT!
>>
>>Fairynuff. 30 days timeout to anyone who replies to
>>sayNO2steam/Terry/difool/steamKILLER. I'm in.
>>
>You gives a F%@k who you filter.

We'll start with you, SteamLICKER! >8^P

--
A killfile is a friend for life.

Replace 'spamfree' with the other word for 'maze' to reply via email.
September 17, 2005 11:05:51 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

Thus spake JAB <nochance@nohope.com>, Sat, 17 Sep 2005 07:31:37 GMT, Anno
Domini:

>Knight37 wrote:
>> Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> once tried to test me with:
>>
>>
>>>Ok, new policy - 3 strikes & yer OUT! I'm keepin count - anyone
>>>responds to smegboy 3 times goes on the shitlist & gets killfiled for
>>>90 days. I strongly suggest everyone else does this. Let's start the
>>>list in a separate thread - if someone knows a quick way of collating
>>>the figures, say weekly, or better yet, auto-posting a reply to anyone
>>>& everyone who replies to him with a count (+ a final warning at 2
>>>posts), that would be great.
>>
>>
>> If everyone else goes along with it, why not. He's boring now. Broken
>> record, blah blah blah. It was fun to taunt him but the fun has worn off.
>>
>
>Shouldn't you therefore have a rule that says you can only taunt him for
>so many times over a defined period? It seems a bit unfair that now the
>regulars have had their fun no one else gets to have some :-)

Hey, I'm just makin a suggestion & postin the stats - not the rules!
Each half sane person can decide for themselves if they want this trollsmeg
to continue to hijack our gaming groups, along with those who encourage him.
Don't shoot the messenger! ;) 

--
A killfile is a friend for life.

Replace 'spamfree' with the other word for 'maze' to reply via email.
September 17, 2005 11:05:52 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

Nostromo wrote:
> Thus spake JAB <nochance@nohope.com>, Sat, 17 Sep 2005 07:31:37 GMT, Anno
> Domini:
>
>
>>Knight37 wrote:
>>
>>>Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> once tried to test me with:
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>Ok, new policy - 3 strikes & yer OUT! I'm keepin count - anyone
>>>>responds to smegboy 3 times goes on the shitlist & gets killfiled for
>>>>90 days. I strongly suggest everyone else does this. Let's start the
>>>>list in a separate thread - if someone knows a quick way of collating
>>>>the figures, say weekly, or better yet, auto-posting a reply to anyone
>>>>& everyone who replies to him with a count (+ a final warning at 2
>>>>posts), that would be great.
>>>
>>>
>>>If everyone else goes along with it, why not. He's boring now. Broken
>>>record, blah blah blah. It was fun to taunt him but the fun has worn off.
>>>
>>
>>Shouldn't you therefore have a rule that says you can only taunt him for
>>so many times over a defined period? It seems a bit unfair that now the
>>regulars have had their fun no one else gets to have some :-)
>
>
> Hey, I'm just makin a suggestion & postin the stats - not the rules!
> Each half sane person can decide for themselves if they want this trollsmeg
> to continue to hijack our gaming groups, along with those who encourage him.
> Don't shoot the messenger! ;) 
>

Honestly I don't know why the 'regulars' don't just ignore the little
twat. I don't tend to use a killfile but if that's what it takes then
all the better.

To get back on topic - the demo for F.E.A.R is bloody good just don't
know whether the whole game can keep up the atmoshpere. Haven't been
this 'scared' playing a game since HL1. Doom3 was far to predictable but
I've got high hopes for this one.

What about BIA: Earned in Blood? I really liked the first one (I think I
may be in a minority here) but they seem to now be releasing what it
should have been i.e. improved A.I., dynamic battles etc.
September 17, 2005 11:05:53 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

"JAB" <nochance@nohope.com> wrote in message
news:SHRWe.5801$ws4.3399@newsfe5-win.ntli.net...
>
> To get back on topic - the demo for F.E.A.R is bloody good just don't know
> whether the whole game can keep up the atmoshpere. Haven't been this
> 'scared' playing a game since HL1. Doom3 was far to predictable but I've
> got high hopes for this one.

I enjoyed it - I'll be buying it when it comes out.

> What about BIA: Earned in Blood? I really liked the first one (I think I
> may be in a minority here) but they seem to now be releasing what it
> should have been i.e. improved A.I., dynamic battles etc.

I like the first one - fired it up again last night cos I still haven't
finished it. Haven't seen much on BIA: Earned in Blood so I'll be looking
at that next - thanks for the heads up.
September 17, 2005 11:05:54 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

Shawk wrote:
> "JAB" <nochance@nohope.com> wrote in message
> news:SHRWe.5801$ws4.3399@newsfe5-win.ntli.net...
>
>>To get back on topic - the demo for F.E.A.R is bloody good just don't know
>>whether the whole game can keep up the atmoshpere. Haven't been this
>>'scared' playing a game since HL1. Doom3 was far to predictable but I've
>>got high hopes for this one.
>
>
> I enjoyed it - I'll be buying it when it comes out.
>
>
>>What about BIA: Earned in Blood? I really liked the first one (I think I
>>may be in a minority here) but they seem to now be releasing what it
>>should have been i.e. improved A.I., dynamic battles etc.
>
>
> I like the first one - fired it up again last night cos I still haven't
> finished it. Haven't seen much on BIA: Earned in Blood so I'll be looking
> at that next - thanks for the heads up.
>
>

There's an 'in play' demo from E3 2005 at

www.gamespot.com/pc/action/brothersinarmsnewchapter/med...
September 18, 2005 5:18:52 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 13:49:54 +0200, Michael Vondung
<mvondung@gmail.com> dared speak in front of ME:

>On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 19:02:10 +1000, Nostromo wrote:
>
>> Once even the regs realise noone else is reading or responding to their
>> posts because of ShitEATER, the STN ratio here should pickup pretty quick ;) 
>
>This is your second post in this thread, so that's your second strike. ;) 

He didn't quote SK, so it's more of a foul tip :p 
--
The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out
the conservative adopts them.
Samuel Clemens, "Notebook," 1935
Anonymous
September 18, 2005 5:38:24 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

PC Gamer has a reputation for giving out hype reviews in exchange for
exclusive first-publish rights.
Anonymous
September 18, 2005 8:31:07 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

x-no-archive: yes

Tecknomage wrote:

> SteamKiller, my sentiments _exactly_! You and I see eye-to-eye
> on PC gaming.

thanks Tecknomage!
thank you very much for your support and we are not alone

and i'm sorry if you had to be insulted just cause you don't
like steam and console ports

its so sad seeing some in this group uncapable of accepting
pc gamers with different tastes, opinions and systems
a part of this group functions very much like a mob, and this
specific steam mob wants to impose over all others there own
way which is not surprising cause they defend a dictatorship
system called steam
if they could the steam mob would silence everyone questioning
valve and steam
again thanks Tecknomage and please stay in this group and don't
feel intimidated by the bulling the steam mod does
please actively participate and share your opinion with us all
i've been insulted by all them since day one but i've managed
to keep posting and be true to myself

i didn't reply the day you wrote and i read your post but it
seams they changed this thread completely and what was suppose
to be something dealing with what will be 2005 game of the year
to another plan to try and silence me and condition the freedom
of speech this group and all usenet has
this thread was only about a very sincere praise to f.e.a.r. so
lets keep it this way
yesterday i read f.e.a.r. turn "gold", yes!
so lets make f.e.a.r. a fabulous success and at least surpass
the 1 million units sold in the first month
f.e.a.r. rocks!
long live pc game titles like f.e.a.r.!
down with censorship, dictatorship and STEAM!

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam
September 18, 2005 9:57:01 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 13:10:09 +0200, Mean_Chlorine
<mike_noren2002@NOSPAMyahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>Thusly me@home.net Spake Unto All:
>
>>>>Ok, new policy - 3 strikes & yer OUT!
>>>
>>>Fairynuff. 30 days timeout to anyone who replies to
>>>sayNO2steam/Terry/difool/steamKILLER. I'm in.
>>>
>>You gives a F%@k who you filter.
>
>I do.
>
>*plonk*
What will I do now ?
>
>
!