Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

MS Office 2000 and Windows Live Mail

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
May 7, 2012 12:24:40 AM

Newcomer
More Information

I have been using MS Office 2000 professional with Windows 7 (64 bit) and have no problems with it except the following that has cropped up a short time ago.
MS Word in MS Office 2000 Professional has a function "Send to" and up to recently I could use the function to send a MS Word document via Windows Live Mail. Now however on my desktop a mail program called "Foxmail" is shown up but Windows Live Mail is missing while on my laptop no email program is shown. In both cases the "Send To" function shows as being able to send to a fax recipient or to MS Powerpoint.

I use Windows Live Mail as my regular email program and would like to use it with MS word. Should it work and if so, how do I remove Foxmail and add Windows Live Mail to my Desktop and just add it to my Laptop?
May 7, 2012 5:38:27 AM

busehrhardt said:
Newcomer
More Information

I have been using MS Office 2000 professional with Windows 7 (64 bit) and have no problems with it except the following that has cropped up a short time ago.
MS Word in MS Office 2000 Professional has a function "Send to" and up to recently I could use the function to send a MS Word document via Windows Live Mail. Now however on my desktop a mail program called "Foxmail" is shown up but Windows Live Mail is missing while on my laptop no email program is shown. In both cases the "Send To" function shows as being able to send to a fax recipient or to MS Powerpoint.

I use Windows Live Mail as my regular email program and would like to use it with MS word. Should it work and if so, how do I remove Foxmail and add Windows Live Mail to my Desktop and just add it to my Laptop?



Hey there busehrhardt!

How did you end up with that program on your PC anyway? Have you tried uninstalling the program from your computer? Please review the following document regarding this:

http://www.how-to-uninstall-program.com/uninstaller/uni...
May 8, 2012 12:38:14 AM

sonomaguy17 said:
Hey there busehrhardt!

How did you end up with that program on your PC anyway? Have you tried uninstalling the program from your computer? Please review the following document regarding this:

http://www.how-to-uninstall-program.com/uninstaller/uni...


About a year ago was trying to find an email program that would work with Windows 7 and downloaded it but didn't like it and thought I had removed it.
Have tried to uninstall it via the control panel but it is not listed.
Have tried the Maxuninstaller up to where it finally tells you to register and buy it but went no further. Do not want to buy it. Is there a free one somewhere?
Related resources
May 9, 2012 6:05:18 PM

busehrhardt said:
About a year ago was trying to find an email program that would work with Windows 7 and downloaded it but didn't like it and thought I had removed it.
Have tried to uninstall it via the control panel but it is not listed.
Have tried the Maxuninstaller up to where it finally tells you to register and buy it but went no further. Do not want to buy it. Is there a free one somewhere?



busehrhardt,

Well to remove that program, please reference the link that I sent you and give that a whirl

As far as email programs that work with Windows 7, it already comes pre-loaded with Windows Mail. You can also download Windows Live Mail or something in that regard. They are pretty much the same program, and they are both free and integrate into Windows 7 well. Think of it as like Outlook Express version 7.

Windows Mail comes preinstalled I believe, Windows Live Essentials provides an email program similar to it. Both are free though.

Windows Live Essentials:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/essenti...

Let me know how everything works out for you :sol: 



May 11, 2012 12:10:34 AM

I use Widows Live Mail as my regular email client. The problem I am trying to solve has to do with MS Word which is part of MS Office 2000. When I type a document in MS Word and want to "Send To", Foxmail shows as the email client and I can't get rid of it to replace it with Windows Live Mail. The link you sent is a come on to buy the removal program which I do not want to do.
May 11, 2012 6:06:35 PM

busehrhardt said:
I use Widows Live Mail as my regular email client. The problem I am trying to solve has to do with MS Word which is part of MS Office 2000. When I type a document in MS Word and want to "Send To", Foxmail shows as the email client and I can't get rid of it to replace it with Windows Live Mail. The link you sent is a come on to buy the removal program which I do not want to do.



Hey busehrhardt,

I have a suggestion for you to attempt trying:

Goto the Start Menu -> Default Programs -> Set your default programs

From in that configuration page, you should be able to select the MS Office 2000 program that you want to use for your emails. The control panel might still have Foxmail configured as the default program for email, so this is a good place to first look

Also shows this procedure here -> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Change...
May 12, 2012 1:39:39 AM

Tried the Default idea but it didn't make any difference.
!