On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 08:59:18 -0400, "JMoney" <.> wrote:

>Apparently Microsoft HASN'T "forsaken" the PC as a gaming platform. On the
>contrary, now that most of the 360 development is done, they are turning
>their focus to gaming on Vista.

Yea, and the gamer's version of Vista is the most expensive version.
Screw 'em.

http://winsupersite.com/showcase/winvista_editions.asp

x-no-archive: yes

Kevin wrote:

> http://winsupersite.com/showcase/winvista_editions.asp

kevin great link thanks!

but i don't totally agree with you
yes the "ultimate" edition is very tempting cause it has it
all but do we really need it all? i don't think so
bottom line vista will be just like xp, the home/basic is
way enough for games, look it even has support for 64 bit
seriously i liked the article and didn't see a problem in
microsoft trying to get more money for those that want the
luxury to have an "ultimate" edition but really for games
you don't need it and for games we will pay the same but
yes i do think the xp home is still expensive with a 80/100
dollar price
microsoft should lower the price and sell vista home basic
for 50 bucks, that would be a fair price to pay

the only real reason i see for choosing the ultimate is to
run away from "windows activation" cause the articles says
it will not have it and home/basic will
but even for me someone that hates online activations very
much its a very high price to pay for not having it
is it worthy to pay much more only to not have to deal with
online activation? ...i have to think about it... and i got
more than a year for that... so i'll reply when vista is
finally released, but its very good knowing at least vista
has the option of a version with no "windows activation"

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam