Hawk

DoD is now pre-loading. =D Thank you STEAM. I've been eager to see
the new DoD, and it sure is nice not having to run from store to store
trying to find it.

(*>

Hawk

Hawk wrote:

> DoD is now pre-loading. =D Thank you STEAM. I've been eager to see
> the new DoD, and it sure is nice not having to run from store to store
> trying to find it.

DoD:Source of course...

(*>

Jab

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2004

Hawk wrote:

> DoD is now pre-loading. =D Thank you STEAM. I've been eager to see
> the new DoD, and it sure is nice not having to run from store to store
> trying to find it.
>

> (*>

Or you can hate the fact the it's sitting on your hard-drive but you
can't play it till next week!

Hawk

JAB wrote:
> Hawk wrote:
>

>> DoD is now pre-loading. =D Thank you STEAM. I've been eager to see
>> the new DoD, and it sure is nice not having to run from store to store
>> trying to find it.
>>

>> (*>
>

> Or you can hate the fact the it's sitting on your hard-drive but you
> can't play it till next week!

Heh heh, at least I can play it the second it's officially released. =D

(*>

"Hawk" <taoHawk2003@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> DoD is now pre-loading. =D Thank you STEAM. I've been eager to see
> the new DoD, and it sure is nice not having to run from store to store
> trying to find it.
>

> (*>

I can't help but think that for some of you, Steam is a shiny metal object,
and you are a bird.

x-no-archive: yes

Hawk wrote:

> nice not having to run from store to store trying to find

is it nice for those without a credit card?
is it nice for those without internet access?
is it nice for those without broadband access?
is it nice for those with download limits?
is it nice for those wanting to play games with privacy?

no sir for the majority of us steam is not nice!
it's simply awful!

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 14:27:53 -0500, Hawk <taoHawk2003@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>DoD is now pre-loading. =D Thank you STEAM. I've been eager to see
>the new DoD, and it sure is nice not having to run from store to store
>trying to find it.

Umm, since when has one had to run from store to store to download
free multiplayer mods? You give Steam far too much credit.

What next? Steam fanbois claim Valve invented Internet with Steam?

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005, GFree wrote:

> DoD:Source required the work of paid artists, modellers, coders and so
> on. Do you really think the conversion to Source was done for free?

So without Steam DoD:Source should have been on the HL2 DVD when you
bought it, with Steam Valve could deliver it after that much time?

Hawk

riku wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 14:27:53 -0500, Hawk <taoHawk2003@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>

>>DoD is now pre-loading. =D Thank you STEAM. I've been eager to see
>>the new DoD, and it sure is nice not having to run from store to store
>>trying to find it.
>

> Umm, since when has one had to run from store to store to download
> free multiplayer mods? You give Steam far too much credit.
>
> What next? Steam fanbois claim Valve invented Internet with Steam?

LOL...I love how you knobs label anyone who has a positive experience
with STEAM as being a fanboi. Too funny, and predictable.

I'm hardly giving STEAM too much credit, I'm simply giving it the credit
it deserves. I LOVE being able to buy/dload a new game with the click
of a button.

Is there any rational thought going on in that so-called brain of yours,
or do you just rely on knee jerk reflexes when you post?

(*>

Jim Vieira wrote:
> "Hawk" <taoHawk2003@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>DoD is now pre-loading. =D Thank you STEAM. I've been eager to see
>>the new DoD, and it sure is nice not having to run from store to store
>>trying to find it.
>>

>>(*>
>

> I can't help but think that for some of you, Steam is a shiny metal object,
> and you are a bird.

Is that a lame way of saying that anyone who praises the benefits of
Steam is an idiot?

Pre-loading sounds like a pretty useful thing to me.

steamKILLER wrote:
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> Hawk wrote:
>

>>nice not having to run from store to store trying to find
>

> is it nice for those without a credit card?
> is it nice for those without internet access?
> is it nice for those without broadband access?

Perhaps not, but it's DAMN NICE for those of us who do.

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 14:27:53 -0500, Hawk <taoHawk2003@yahoo.com> wrote:

>DoD is now pre-loading. =D Thank you STEAM. I've been eager to see
>the new DoD, and it sure is nice not having to run from store to store
>trying to find it.

For those of us who bought the DVD its $17.96 + Tax. To be honest I don't
think I will bother as there are many other WW2 games out there including Mods
and TCs that do it better and include vehicles as well anyway. Does the Source
version make any significant improvements over the original to warrant what
amounts to purchasing a new game?

"Hawk" <taoHawk2003@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> DoD is now pre-loading. =D Thank you STEAM. I've been eager to see the
> new DoD, and it sure is nice not having to run from store to store trying
> to find it.
>

> (*>

That's fine, but some of us actually don't mind getting out of the house and
going to a store. Personally, I find it to be fun to go out and look
around.

shawk

"Memnoch" <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 14:27:53 -0500, Hawk <taoHawk2003@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>DoD is now pre-loading. =D Thank you STEAM. I've been eager to see
>>the new DoD, and it sure is nice not having to run from store to store
>>trying to find it.
>
> For those of us who bought the DVD its $17.96 + Tax. To be honest I don't
> think I will bother as there are many other WW2 games out there including
> Mods
> and TCs that do it better and include vehicles as well anyway. Does the
> Source
> version make any significant improvements over the original to warrant
> what
> amounts to purchasing a new game?

AFAIK it's been rewritten from ground up in the Source engine but whether
it's worth buying we wont really know for another week or so...

riku wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 14:27:53 -0500, Hawk <taoHawk2003@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>

>>DoD is now pre-loading. =D Thank you STEAM. I've been eager to see
>>the new DoD, and it sure is nice not having to run from store to store
>>trying to find it.
>

> Umm, since when has one had to run from store to store to download
> free multiplayer mods? You give Steam far too much credit.
>
> What next? Steam fanbois claim Valve invented Internet with Steam?

Dod is NOT free. Dod has not been free since Valve bought the rights to
it when it was in beta.

DoD:Source required the work of paid artists, modellers, coders and so
on. Do you really think the conversion to Source was done for free?

Valid criticism about Valve/Steam is welcome, but this is an argument
based on something that's no-longer true.

"GFree" <neon@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Valid criticism about Valve/Steam is welcome

Heh. That's a laugh...

steamKILLER wrote:

> is it nice for those without a credit card?
> is it nice for those without internet access?
> is it nice for those without broadband access?
> is it nice for those with download limits?
> is it nice for those wanting to play games with privacy?

Your list makes me suspect you are twelve years old and destitute. I can
only think of a dozen or so people who suffer all the misfortunes you
list -- and all of them are less than ten years old.

And what the *$%# do you need privacy for gaming? Masturbating while
watching Lara Croft raid tombs?

Maybe if you are so hard up you should stick to playing with wooden
blocks and crayons and when you become an adult and get a job and income
you can afford some or all of these things.

Without exception, everyone I know who plays electronic games (PC or
console) has a credit card, has Internet access (broadband, even), have
no download limits, and does not masturbate while playing Halo.

You are a bizarre human ... and still very much a fool. At least you're
consistent.

- Sheldon

ps: Don't you have a blog to be posting this on?

StreetMedic wrote:
> "GFree" <neon@gmail.com> wrote in message
>

>>Valid criticism about Valve/Steam is welcome
>

> Heh. That's a laugh...

Well... I find them welcome. Most people are idiots remember. :)

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 23:29:01 +0930, GFree <neon@gmail.com> wrote:

>StreetMedic wrote:
>> "GFree" <neon@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>

>>>Valid criticism about Valve/Steam is welcome
>>

>> Heh. That's a laugh...
>
>Well... I find them welcome. Most people are idiots remember. :)

Mirror, mirror on the wall.........
If the cap fits.............

John Lewis

Werner Spahl wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Sep 2005, GFree wrote:
>

>>DoD:Source required the work of paid artists, modellers, coders and so
>>on. Do you really think the conversion to Source was done for free?
>

> So without Steam DoD:Source should have been on the HL2 DVD when you
> bought it, with Steam Valve could deliver it after that much time?

DoD:Source wasn't available at the time of HL2's release. I'm not sure
what you're suggesting. Regardless, someone has to pay those who made
the conversion.

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005, GFree wrote:

> DoD:Source wasn't available at the time of HL2's release. I'm not sure

So Valve got money for something they couldn't deliver. Thanks STEAM ;)!

> what you're suggesting. Regardless, someone has to pay those who made
> the conversion.

Normally in game computing the work is made before the money is gained.

Andrew

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 13:40:10 +0200, Werner Spahl
<spahl@cup.uni-muenchen.de> wrote:

>So Valve got money for something they couldn't deliver. Thanks STEAM ;)!

They are delivering it on the 26th. Thanks Steam.

>> what you're suggesting. Regardless, someone has to pay those who made
>> the conversion.
>
>Normally in game computing the work is made before the money is gained.

And Valve stated that DOD:S would be released sometime after the
release of HL2. The HL2/Steam situation isn't "normal" as there are
several steam based games involved.

With every message you post you are making yourself look more and more
like SK, just arguing for the sake of arguing. Just stick to pimping
Vampire, something you know something about.

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005, Andrew wrote:

> With every message you post you are making yourself look more and more
> like SK, just arguing for the sake of arguing. Just stick to pimping
> Vampire, something you know something about.

It wasn't me that started a whole new thread here with the topic above
just to boast about how great Steam is delivering a delayed content.
Someone just has to put things into the right perspective ;).

Andrew

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 14:47:18 +0200, Werner Spahl
<spahl@cup.uni-muenchen.de> wrote:

>Someone just has to put things into the right perspective ;).

The OP already did, but then he is actually talking from experience.

TRENDING THREADS