MCITP 70-640

ArafatSultan

Honorable
May 4, 2012
Hello,
I want to be an MCITP. My job life just started as an IT engineer :). I have collected necessary video tutorials for MCITP 70-640 where every step of installing AD/server etc are described and shown properly. What I show is that this is a practical work based course. I need to practise every step. I have one windows 7 laptop in my home. So how can I practise these tutorials?
Please help me. I am an idiot who wants to be an expert :(.

Solution
Well vmware makes the vm player. You can get it for free off their website. Server 2008 is tougher though. I would look around for a trial of it. Its usually allows you to use from 3-30 days.

packerman_80

Honorable
May 7, 2012
It really depends on what exact field you are in. I just took a 70680 test and nearly half of it was useless for what I do. Test are kinda important but its even more important to have experience. If you want to just pass the test I would suggest visiting a website like examcollections.com. They have excellent practice tests.

ArafatSultan

Honorable
May 4, 2012

Thnaks forur reply. Perhaps I could not have made myself clear. To practise for MCITP a server and one or more clients are needed. But I have only one laptop in my home. So how can I practise this??
I do agree with u that practical experience is important. I want to be certified along with practically experienced
Thanks again

packerman_80

Honorable
May 7, 2012
You could start with a program like vm player and a virtual version of windows server within your os. The trick would be to look for a trial edition of server 2008. You could look to figure out exchange and various domain and active directory items inside server.

ArafatSultan

Honorable
May 4, 2012

Thanks boss. Please tell me where I can get the details guideline and information for vm player and virtual version of windows server?
Arafat

packerman_80

Honorable
May 7, 2012
Well vmware makes the vm player. You can get it for free off their website. Server 2008 is tougher though. I would look around for a trial of it. Its usually allows you to use from 3-30 days.

Solution

ArafatSultan

Honorable
May 4, 2012

Thanks. I will try to follow ur suggestion :). After installing the vvirtual machine what should I do? I have server 2008 CD. But if I install that, is it possible to run both server and client OS on the same machine?
u r great

sajid89

Honorable
May 7, 2012
Perhaps I could not have made myself clear. To practise for MCITP a server and one or more clients are needed. But I have only one laptop in my home. So how can I practise this??
I do agree with u that practical experience is important. I want to be certified along with practically experienced
Thanks again

TRENDING THREADS