RAID with one drive

johnoh

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2002
I have an ecs k7vta3 mobo with promise fasttrak RAID, and only one drive. I would like to de-activate the raid controller since all it does is slow my boot up. Shrot of that, I would like at least to stop it from taking 20 seconds every boot up with its "scanning IDE drives ........................." message. Any ideas on how to do either? I see nothing in the doc or in the bios setup. Thanks

John A

John, it appears from your M/Bs manual I downloaded and checked out from the ECS website, that you are the proud owner of a non-disabling RAID function M/B, by Jumper or CMOS setup. Unless I missed it there is no provision to disable it, so I would suggest since you're stuck with it you may consider using it. Thats the biggest negative I've seen so far against the ECS M/B. If you don't mind me asking why did you go with the RAID M/B in the first place if you weren't going to use it, it cost you more money? Ryan

Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.

johnoh

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2002
I got the machine from micropro.com, a place I have bought several machines from with good luck. In this case their "standard" config for amd machines was the ecs k7vta3 raid mobo and so I figured why not since all other configs cost more. I can live with it I guess.

John A