* Turtle Beach Santa Cruz... what is this card?

Last response: in Home Audio
September 26, 2004 3:15:27 PM

A friend of mine recommended the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz audio card... but
he's not someone I would take seriously, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to
come and ask here.

How does this card compare to Echo or M-Audio cards?

And aren't Turtle Beach cards severely outdated?
Anonymous
September 26, 2004 3:25:39 PM

Here are Arny's tests. It doesn't look quite that bad to my untrained
eyes/ears:
http://www.pcavtech.com/soundcards/compare/index.htm
--
Phil Wilson

"W. Forsk" <newsgroup@only.com> wrote in message
>A friend of mine recommended the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz audio card... but
>he's not someone I would take seriously, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to
>come and ask here.
>
> How does this card compare to Echo or M-Audio cards?
>
> And aren't Turtle Beach cards severely outdated?

Anonymous
September 27, 2004 4:57:38 AM

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 11:15:27 -0400, "W. Forsk" <newsgroup@only.com>
wrote:

>A friend of mine recommended the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz audio card... but
>he's not someone I would take seriously, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to
>come and ask here.
>
>How does this card compare to Echo or M-Audio cards?
>
>And aren't Turtle Beach cards severely outdated?

Until recently it was perhaps the cheapest 2 (stereo) in, 2 out
solution. Computer musicians will care that there are no ASIO or
GSIF drivers, computer recordists may not.

It would have to be offered at a VERY good price to be attractive
today, IMO.

September 27, 2004 12:42:07 PM

"Laurence Payne" <l@laurenceDELETEpayne.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 11:15:27 -0400, "W. Forsk" <newsgroup@only.com>
> wrote:
>
>>A friend of mine recommended the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz audio card... but
>>he's not someone I would take seriously, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to
>>come and ask here.
>>
>>How does this card compare to Echo or M-Audio cards?
>>
>>And aren't Turtle Beach cards severely outdated?
>
> Until recently it was perhaps the cheapest 2 (stereo) in, 2 out
> solution. Computer musicians will care that there are no ASIO or
> GSIF drivers, computer recordists may not.
>
> It would have to be offered at a VERY good price to be attractive
> today, IMO.

I just did a quick search and found that a new Turtle Beach Santa Cruz last
sold for $40 at Amazon.com.

It also seems to be 16-bit.

Seems like just another SoundBlaster to me.
Anonymous
September 27, 2004 2:09:43 PM

"Phil Wilson" <pdjwilson@whatever.net> wrote in message
> Here are Arny's tests. It doesn't look quite that bad to my untrained
> eyes/ears:
> http://www.pcavtech.com/soundcards/compare/index.htm
> --
> Phil Wilson
>
> "W. Forsk" <newsgroup@only.com> wrote in message
> >A friend of mine recommended the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz audio card...
but
> >he's not someone I would take seriously, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to
> >come and ask here.
> >
> > How does this card compare to Echo or M-Audio cards?
> >
> > And aren't Turtle Beach cards severely outdated?

It a reasonable '20 bit-ish (or is it 18 ?) card. It is also one of the
few left that take a 'Waveblaster' hardware synth card such as the Yamaha
DB50XG.

Still better sounding that any Soundblaster.

geoff
Anonymous
September 28, 2004 6:08:48 PM

Geoff Wood wrote:

> "Phil Wilson" <pdjwilson@whatever.net> wrote in message
>
>>Here are Arny's tests. It doesn't look quite that bad to my untrained
>>eyes/ears:
>>http://www.pcavtech.com/soundcards/compare/index.htm
>>--
>>Phil Wilson
>>
>>"W. Forsk" <newsgroup@only.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>A friend of mine recommended the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz audio card...
>
> but
>
>>>he's not someone I would take seriously, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to
>>>come and ask here.
>>>
>>>How does this card compare to Echo or M-Audio cards?
>>>
>>>And aren't Turtle Beach cards severely outdated?
>

> It a reasonable '20 bit-ish (or is it 18 ?) card. It is also one of the
> few left that take a 'Waveblaster' hardware synth card such as the Yamaha
> DB50XG.
>
> Still better sounding that any Soundblaster.
>
> geoff

I've owned the Santa Cruz and upgraded to an Echo MIA. The Cruz is a 16
bit card that internally processes the signal at higher bits to make a
more accurate 16 bit representation. When I upgraded to the MIA, I got a
soundcard which offered me much more headroom when recording in 24 bit
mode. I didn't have to max out the recording levels just to get the best
dynamic range from my recordings. The Cruz is a good starter card, but
if you're somewhat serious about audio, The MIA or Audiophile would be
the way to go.

CD
Anonymous
September 28, 2004 6:39:01 PM

"W. Forsk" <newsgroup@only.com> wrote in message

> A friend of mine recommended the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz audio
> card... but he's not someone I would take seriously, so I figured it
> wouldn't hurt to come and ask here.

> How does this card compare to Echo or M-Audio cards?

Very acceptable, but somewhat lower quality for a lot less money.

You can listen to straight-wire bypass tests of this card by downloading
files from http://www.pcabx.com/product/santa_cruz/index.htm .

> And aren't Turtle Beach cards severely outdated?

In some sense, perhaps.

Again, a the TBSC is a LOT less money than the other alternatives. Also, its
a 4 analog-in, 4 analog-out card, while the low cost Echo and M-Audio cards
are only 2-in, 2-out.
Anonymous
September 29, 2004 12:47:53 AM

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 08:42:07 -0400, "Michael C. Monroe"
<askme@nospam.com> wrote:

>I just did a quick search and found that a new Turtle Beach Santa Cruz last
>sold for $40 at Amazon.com.
>
>It also seems to be 16-bit.
>
>Seems like just another SoundBlaster to me.

Don't forget it's 4-in, 4-out.

September 29, 2004 7:45:26 PM

"Codifus" <codifus@optonline.net> wrote in message
> Geoff Wood wrote:
>
> > "Phil Wilson" <pdjwilson@whatever.net> wrote in message
> >
> >>Here are Arny's tests. It doesn't look quite that bad to my
untrained
> >>eyes/ears:
> >>http://www.pcavtech.com/soundcards/compare/index.htm
> >>--
> >>Phil Wilson
> >>
> >>"W. Forsk" <newsgroup@only.com> wrote in message

> > but

> > It a reasonable '20 bit-ish (or is it 18 ?) card. It is also one
of the
> > few left that take a 'Waveblaster' hardware synth card such as the
Yamaha
> > DB50XG.
> >
> > Still better sounding that any Soundblaster.
> >
> > geoff
> >

> I've owned the Santa Cruz and upgraded to an Echo MIA. The Cruz is a
16
> bit card that internally processes the signal at higher bits to make
> more accurate 16 bit representation. When I upgraded to the MIA, I
got a
> soundcard which offered me much more headroom when recording in 24
bit
> mode. I didn't have to max out the recording levels just to get the
best
> dynamic range from my recordings. The Cruz is a good starter card,
but
> if you're somewhat serious about audio, The MIA or Audiophile would
be
> the way to go.

I own--and still use--the Santa Cruz card. I see no reason to upgrade
unless there is some extra-audible consideration, like bragging
rights, etc. For $50 it's hard to beat.

Norm Strong
Anonymous
September 30, 2004 6:55:14 AM

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 14:39:01 -0400, "Arny Krueger" <arnyk@hotpop.com>
wrote:

>"W. Forsk" <newsgroup@only.com> wrote in message

>> And aren't Turtle Beach cards severely outdated?
>
>In some sense, perhaps.

An important, relevant question might be, can you get drivers for
it for all the usual OS'es, and especially the OS you're going to use
with this card?

>Again, a the TBSC is a LOT less money than the other alternatives. Also, its
>a 4 analog-in, 4 analog-out card, while the low cost Echo and M-Audio cards
>are only 2-in, 2-out.

-----
http://mindspring.com/~benbradley
Anonymous
September 30, 2004 7:01:14 PM

normanstrong wrote:

> "Codifus" <codifus@optonline.net> wrote in message
>
>>Geoff Wood wrote:
>>

>>>"Phil Wilson" <pdjwilson@whatever.net> wrote in message

> untrained

> card...
>
>>>but

> hurt to

>>>It a reasonable '20 bit-ish (or is it 18 ?) card. It is also one
>
> of the
>
>>>few left that take a 'Waveblaster' hardware synth card such as the
>
> Yamaha
>
>>>DB50XG.
>>>
>>>Still better sounding that any Soundblaster.
>>>
>>>geoff
>>>

>>I've owned the Santa Cruz and upgraded to an Echo MIA. The Cruz is a
>
> 16
>
>>bit card that internally processes the signal at higher bits to make

>>more accurate 16 bit representation. When I upgraded to the MIA, I
>
> got a
>
>>soundcard which offered me much more headroom when recording in 24
>
> bit
>
>>mode. I didn't have to max out the recording levels just to get the
>
> best
>
>>dynamic range from my recordings. The Cruz is a good starter card,
>
> but
>
>>if you're somewhat serious about audio, The MIA or Audiophile would
>
> be
>
>>the way to go.
>

> I own--and still use--the Santa Cruz card. I see no reason to upgrade
> unless there is some extra-audible consideration, like bragging
> rights, etc. For $50 it's hard to beat.
>
> Norm Strong

To me, there deifnitely was some extra-audible consideration. Recordings
done on the MIA, I do mostly to vinyl or anything analog to CD, had
better dynamic range, even though it's been argued that both the Cruz
and the MIA can capture all that vinyl has to offer. Some can attribute
the extra dynamic range to the extra headroom that the MIA affords me
when recording, but I think it's that and also that the MIA may have a
more linear response, especially down low. This could be due to the
drivers. The Cruz uses WDM drivers whereas with the MIA, I had the
option, which I took advantage of, of using Purewave drivers which
bypass alot of the WDM stuff like the kernel mixer, so you get a more
pure signal from the card to the driver.
In order for the Cruz to do try to capture the dynamics that the MIA
catches in one go, you'd have to record twice. Once to find the largest
peak in a track, then a second time to adjust your levels to that peak.
With the MIA, I record once, let the meters peak at -10 to -6 db, and
when I finished with all the processing, normalize up.

CD
Anonymous
September 30, 2004 11:53:42 PM

"Ben Bradley" <ben_nospam_bradley@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:o 9tml0h8jcvnp177njk67b42bhaksl3bur@4ax.com...
> >> And aren't Turtle Beach cards severely outdated?

> An important, relevant question might be, can you get drivers for
> it for all the usual OS'es, and especially the OS you're going to use
> with this card?

If your using Win XP, then no real problems for a couple more years at
least.

TonyP.
Anonymous
November 8, 2004 2:28:08 AM

On 2004-09-26, W. Forsk <newsgroup@only.com> wrote:

> A friend of mine recommended the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz audio card...

It's an 18 bit card that you can probably get for $20. I sure as hell
wouldn't pay more than that. It's a good consumer card. Just "good".

I have one that I could never use, no ASIO driver (except ASIO4ALL),
and serious latency problems.

I don't understand why so many people try to do everything in their
power to avoid getting a Delta card...
Anonymous
November 9, 2004 1:55:23 AM

"james of tucson" <fishbowl@radagast.home.conservatory.com> wrote in message
> On 2004-09-26, W. Forsk <newsgroup@only.com> wrote:
>>

>> A friend of mine recommended the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz audio card...
>
> It's an 18 bit card that you can probably get for $20. I sure as hell
> wouldn't pay more than that. It's a good consumer card. Just "good".
>
> I have one that I could never use, no ASIO driver (except ASIO4ALL),
> and serious latency problems.
>
> I don't understand why so many people try to do everything in their
> power to avoid getting a Delta card...

The SC is the highest spec card (and most recent) that can carry a
WaveBlaster header synth such as the venerable Yammie DB50XG. That synth
just always works straight off , if you have a use for GM or XG midi backing
tracks.

geoff
Anonymous
November 10, 2004 12:31:39 PM

james of tucson wrote:

> On 2004-09-26, W. Forsk <newsgroup@only.com> wrote:
>

>>A friend of mine recommended the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz audio card...
>

> It's an 18 bit card that you can probably get for $20. I sure as hell
> wouldn't pay more than that. It's a good consumer card. Just "good".
>
> I have one that I could never use, no ASIO driver (except ASIO4ALL),
> and serious latency problems.
>
> I don't understand why so many people try to do everything in their
> power to avoid getting a Delta card...

It's really a 16 bit card that uses 18 bits to more accurately produce
those 16 bits of data.

CD
Anonymous
November 10, 2004 9:01:13 PM

On 2004-11-10, Codifus <codifus@optonline.net> wrote:

> It's really a 16 bit card that uses 18 bits to more accurately produce
> those 16 bits of data.

$20. Notable for having four input channels, which is cool, and for
being total bastards to the ALSA project, which is NOT cool.

It's a good card for a a gamer or a theare box, might even be one of the
better consumer cards in the price range.
Anonymous
November 11, 2004 1:17:39 AM

> $20. Notable ... for
> being total bastards to the ALSA project, which is NOT cool.

Don't know anything about this. I worked at TB briefly while they were
introducing the Fiji and Pinnacle ISA cards ('94 time frame). Right before
they merged with Voyetra.

Way back in the day (even before I worked there) I think they had a good
reputation in the "developer community", though I'd have to imagine that
the community itself has changed quite a bit. By this time all that's
needed to implement a sound card is a chip maker's reference design, no?
Anonymous
November 11, 2004 10:26:04 AM

On 2004-11-10, Drily Lit Raga <ay-caramba@yahoo.com> wrote:

> james of tucson <fishbowl@radagast.home.conservatory.com> wrote in
>
>> $20. Notable ... for
>> being total bastards to the ALSA project, which is NOT cool.
>
> Don't know anything about this. I worked at TB briefly while they were
> introducing the Fiji and Pinnacle ISA cards ('94 time frame). Right before
> they merged with Voyetra.

Hey, I didn't mean to cast aspersions on how anyone makes his living.
I'm just expressing my bewilderment that, today, anybody bothers to buy
anything other than a Delta card. It's almost as if people want to go
out of their way, to do whatever it takes to avoid buying a Delta card.
I think it's kind of funny. I love my 1010. I love the 2-channel card
it replaced.

But there's a lot I don't know about this stuff, so maybe I'm naieve.
Really happy with my Delta though :-)
Anonymous
November 11, 2004 2:00:10 PM

In article <slrncp651k.oab.fishbowl@radagast.home.conservatory.com> fishbowl@conservatory.com writes:

> Hey, I didn't mean to cast aspersions on how anyone makes his living.
> I'm just expressing my bewilderment that, today, anybody bothers to buy
> anything other than a Delta card.

Oh, OK. I'll sell my Lynx L22.

November 11, 2004 3:10:41 PM

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 07:26:04 GMT, james of tucson
<fishbowl@radagast.home.conservatory.com> wrote:

>Hey, I didn't mean to cast aspersions on how anyone makes his living.
>I'm just expressing my bewilderment that, today, anybody bothers to buy
>anything other than a Delta card. It's almost as if people want to go
>out of their way, to do whatever it takes to avoid buying a Delta card.
>I think it's kind of funny. I love my 1010. I love the 2-channel card
>it replaced.

The ones I love are those who've set their heart on a top-range
Audigy. They come in here for confirmation and get told the truth.
But you just KNOW they're going to buy it anyway :-)

November 11, 2004 3:10:42 PM

"Laurence Payne" <l@laurenceDELETEpayne.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
message news:0jl6p0l6tv1j039qbtdhmipgolj6pt4c81@4ax.com
> On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 07:26:04 GMT, james of tucson
> <fishbowl@radagast.home.conservatory.com> wrote:
>

>> Hey, I didn't mean to cast aspersions on how anyone makes his living.
>> I'm just expressing my bewilderment that, today, anybody bothers to
>> buy anything other than a Delta card. It's almost as if people want
>> to go out of their way, to do whatever it takes to avoid buying a
>> Delta card. I think it's kind of funny. I love my 1010. I love the
>> 2-channel card it replaced.
>
> The ones I love are those who've set their heart on a top-range
> Audigy. They come in here for confirmation and get told the truth.
> But you just KNOW they're going to buy it anyway :-)

Ironically, Creative has fixed up the important record/play problems in the
Live!, in the latest versions. I picked one up for about $30 and its pretty
much the equal or superior of the Santa Cruz.
Anonymous
November 11, 2004 5:42:54 PM

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 07:29:40 -0500, "Arny Krueger" <arnyk@hotpop.com>
wrote:

>Ironically, Creative has fixed up the important record/play problems in the
>Live!, in the latest versions. I picked one up for about $30 and its pretty
>much the equal or superior of the Santa Cruz.

Surely the only selling point of the Santa Cruz is the 4 inputs. If
that's what you want, there's little competition in that price range.

November 11, 2004 5:42:55 PM

"Laurence Payne" <l@laurenceDELETEpayne.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
message news:2hu6p053m3qsud3t2mu1v3t82shhvbag9l@4ax.com
> On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 07:29:40 -0500, "Arny Krueger" <arnyk@hotpop.com>
> wrote:
>

>> Ironically, Creative has fixed up the important record/play problems
>> in the Live!, in the latest versions. I picked one up for about $30
>> and its pretty much the equal or superior of the Santa Cruz.
>
> Surely the only selling point of the Santa Cruz is the 4 inputs. If
> that's what you want, there's little competition in that price range.

At this time, I'm obliged to agree. At one time it was a lot more sonically
accurate than the extant versions of the Live!
Anonymous
November 11, 2004 7:15:13 PM

> I don't understand why so many people try to do everything in their
> power to avoid getting a Delta card...

They've probably never heard of a Delta card unless they are an audio
geek. Popular review sites like X-bit Labs, [H]ardOCP, Anandtech, Tom's
Hardware and others are going to have review a card like that before it
becomes mainstream.
Anonymous
November 11, 2004 7:49:17 PM

"Drily Lit Raga" <ay-caramba@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> james of tucson <fishbowl@radagast.home.conservatory.com> wrote in
>
>> $20. Notable ... for
>> being total bastards to the ALSA project, which is NOT cool.
>
> Don't know anything about this. I worked at TB briefly while they were
> introducing the Fiji and Pinnacle ISA cards ('94 time frame). Right
> before
> they merged with Voyetra.
>
> Way back in the day (even before I worked there) I think they had a good
> reputation in the "developer community", though I'd have to imagine that
> the community itself has changed quite a bit. By this time all that's
> needed to implement a sound card is a chip maker's reference design, no?

For those who don't know, Turtle Beach has the first "pro" quality
soundcards for general sale in PC land. First the Multisound , then the
Tahiti/Monterey, and then the Pinnacle/Fiji before sale to Voyetra.

Are you still in touch with Peter Haller - he's been at Sony (Sonic Foundry)
ever since TB.

geoff
Anonymous
November 11, 2004 9:09:39 PM

"Lynn Gweeny" <noodle_lover@pastamama.org> wrote in message
> > I don't understand why so many people try to do everything in
their
> > power to avoid getting a Delta card...
>
> They've probably never heard of a Delta card unless they are an
audio
> geek. Popular review sites like X-bit Labs, [H]ardOCP, Anandtech,
Tom's
> Hardware and others are going to have review a card like that before
it
> becomes mainstream.

Why not tell us about the Delta card. How much does it cost? Does it
fit entirely inside the computer case? Does it have mike inputs?
Etc. etc.

I couldn't find a reference to it.

Thanks,

Norm Strong
Anonymous
November 11, 2004 9:09:40 PM

"normanstrong" <normanstrong@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:D VNkd.600915$8_6.395883@attbi_s04
> "Lynn Gweeny" <noodle_lover@pastamama.org> wrote in message
>>> I don't understand why so many people try to do everything in
> their
>>> power to avoid getting a Delta card...
>>
>> They've probably never heard of a Delta card unless they are an
> audio
>> geek. Popular review sites like X-bit Labs, [H]ardOCP, Anandtech,
>> Tom's Hardware and others are going to have review a card like that
>> before it becomes mainstream.
>
> Why not tell us about the Delta card. How much does it cost? Does it
> fit entirely inside the computer case? Does it have mike inputs?
> Etc. etc.

> I couldn't find a reference to it.

"Delta card" would no doubt be reference to M-Audio's Delta series of audio
interfaces. They range from the audiophile 24/96 to the Delta 1010. There is
at least one that doesn't fit entirely in a standard desktop case, and a
bunch that do. At least two have real mic inputs.
Anonymous
November 12, 2004 10:46:09 AM

> Ironically, Creative has fixed up the important record/play problems in
> the Live!, in the latest versions. I picked one up for about $30 and its
> pretty much the equal or superior of the Santa Cruz.

Did thy do away witht he compulsory internal 48K reasampling stage ?

geoff
Anonymous
November 12, 2004 10:46:10 AM

"Geoff Wood" <geoff@paf.co.nz-nospam> wrote in message

>> Ironically, Creative has fixed up the important record/play problems
>> in the Live!, in the latest versions. I picked one up for about $30
>> and its pretty much the equal or superior of the Santa Cruz.
>

> Did thy do away witht he compulsory internal 48K reasampling stage ?

I don't think so - just did it righter this time.

The Santa Cruz always resampled to 48 KHz, as well.
Anonymous
November 13, 2004 6:40:54 PM

james of tucson wrote:

> It's an 18 bit card that you can probably get for $20. I sure as hell
> wouldn't pay more than that. It's a good consumer card. Just "good".
>
> I have one that I could never use, no ASIO driver (except ASIO4ALL),
> and serious latency problems.
>
> I don't understand why so many people try to do everything in their
> power to avoid getting a Delta card...

What is this love fest with Deltas?
Anonymous
November 14, 2004 3:56:35 AM

On 2004-11-13, Kurt Albershardt <kurt@nv.net> wrote:

> What is this love fest with Deltas?

How could you not love them?
Anonymous
November 14, 2004 4:11:25 PM

In article <slrncpdbbd.ldv.fishbowl@radagast.home.conservatory.com> fishbowl@conservatory.com writes:

> > What is this love fest with Deltas?

> How could you not love them?

Lately, apparently there's been some "issues" with technical support
from M-Audio. That's not to love if you're having problems (and
believe it or not, some people actualy DO have problems getting Delta
cards to work).

November 14, 2004 6:19:50 PM

> On 2004-11-13, Kurt Albershardt <kurt@nv.net> wrote:
>
>> What is this love fest with Deltas?
>
> How could you not love them?

Dunno, but when someone gets so 'exclusive' about one sound card it starts
to sound like and insecurity complex.

geoff
Anonymous
November 15, 2004 12:37:29 AM

On 2004-11-14, Geoff Wood <geoff@paf.co.nz-nospam> wrote:

> Dunno, but when someone gets so 'exclusive' about one sound card it starts
> to sound like and insecurity complex.

I have a perception that people are looking high and low for a
reasonably priced, really good sound card, and they somehow seem
to miss Delta. I'm not suggesting that they are the only card out
there, but for certain combinations of requirements and budget,
they really are the best choice. And every time the subject comes up,
it seems that nobody has ever heard of them.
Anonymous
November 15, 2004 12:38:23 AM

On 2004-11-14, Mike Rivers <mrivers@d-and-d.com> wrote:

> Lately, apparently there's been some "issues" with technical support
> from M-Audio.

Fair enough. I built my music workstation around Audio, not vice versa.
Anonymous
November 15, 2004 7:24:16 PM

> On 2004-11-14, Mike Rivers <mrivers@d-and-d.com> wrote:
>
>> Lately, apparently there's been some "issues" with technical support
>> from M-Audio.
>
> Fair enough. I built my music workstation around Audio, not vice versa.

Not much help is your audio isn't working right.

An acquaintance of mine bought TWO Delta 1010s and ended up with so many
problems he got rid of them.

So milages do vary....

geoff
November 15, 2004 7:24:17 PM

In article <SjVld.1355$3U4.115586@news02.tsnz.net>, geoff@paf.co.nz-
nospam says...

> "james of tucson" <fishbowl@radagast.home.conservatory.com> wrote in message
> > On 2004-11-14, Mike Rivers <mrivers@d-and-d.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Lately, apparently there's been some "issues" with technical support
> >> from M-Audio.
> >
> > Fair enough. I built my music workstation around Audio, not vice versa.
>

> Not much help is your audio isn't working right.
>
> An acquaintance of mine bought TWO Delta 1010s and ended up with so many
> problems he got rid of them.
>
> So milages do vary....

Yep. We got a couple of 1010s and in order to get them to play
nicely together, we have to clock them externally with a decent
clock (using the one in a MOTU MIDI device; not great, but not bad
either). There was some history of problems using more than one
card a while back.
---Michael (of APP)...
Anonymous
November 25, 2004 3:46:03 PM

> The ones I love are those who've set their heart on a top-range
> Audigy. They come in here for confirmation and get told the truth.
> But you just KNOW they're going to buy it anyway :-)

heh heh, was kinda lookin at em myself. What is the truth please? Thanks
!