ATi seem to have quietly slashed the warranty period on th..

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Warranty cut to 1-year since 31 August 2005. While nVidia is extending

theirs...............

See:-

http://neowin.net/comments.php?id=30728&category=main

At least on the ATi-labeled ones. I suspect that many of the 3rd party
manufacturers will shortly follow suit. Read the small print on the
vendor website before any purchase. Buyer Beware !

Just in time for the R5xx (X1xxx) series. Better not overclock
them.... !!!

ATi sure like to hammer nails into their own coffin..................

Probably likely to apply to Crossfire motherboards as well..........

John Lewis

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 14:56:01 -0700, "Dr. Richard Cranium"
<dracman@compuserve.com> wrote:

>well to keep up with the gaming community you need to be changing/upgrading
>your ATI video card every 6 months anyway.

Really... a new X1800 every six months ?

> So maybe ATI is getting more
>world realistic, and Nvidea knows that it takes a couple of years to figure
>out which drivers to load for which piece of software or game you want to
>play, so you Nvideo people tend to keep your video cards longer - ROI ?

Hey, Doc...you have had your head in the ground for too long....you
need to come up for air.

John Lewis

peter

"John Lewis" <john.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message news:433c6f89.14922799@news.verizon.net...
> On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 14:56:01 -0700, "Dr. Richard Cranium"
> <dracman@compuserve.com> wrote:
>

> >well to keep up with the gaming community you need to be changing/upgrading
> >your ATI video card every 6 months anyway.
>
> Really... a new X1800 every six months ?
>
> > So maybe ATI is getting more
> >world realistic, and Nvidea knows that it takes a couple of years to figure
> >out which drivers to load for which piece of software or game you want to
> >play, so you Nvideo people tend to keep your video cards longer - ROI ?
> >

> Hey, Doc...you have had your head in the ground for too long....you
> need to come up for air.

I think ATI finally figured out if braindead consumers are willing to
pay $3,000 for an LCD monitor and $10,000 for an LCD TV --
both with one-year warranties -- then a warranty must not be all
that important to most people. Why should they offer three years
if they don't have to? They'll save a fortune.