V710 Available without crippled Verizon version

I have been wanting a v710 and see that Verizon has crippled most of the
best bluetooth features. Especially some that I would like to use with my
T-3.

I am actually not in a Verizon area anyways.

Is it possible to simply buy the v710 and get service through another CDMA
provider like Alltell?

I looked on Ebay for a v710 and all of them say Verizon. There has to be a
non-Verizon version out there somewhere.

Thanks,

Kirk
3 answers Last reply
More about v710 crippled verizon version

    There were during the months before the Verizon introduction. Some were from
    Aston Martin (or was it Rolls Royce)? One of these car companies gave a free
    gold plated V710 with new cars. The phones came in a polished wood box with
    a certificate of authenticity (snob appeal -- get it?!). A few were
    available from individuals who were involved in early field tests. They went
    for more than $600 each. Some even higher.

    But now that the phone is available for $149 with a 2 year contract, there
    is no much of a market for the non-branded phones ($249 after rebate if you
    haven't already had a Verizon phone for more than 2 years).

    _____________

    "kirk_" <kirk@1st.net> wrote in message
    >I have been wanting a v710 and see that Verizon has crippled most of the
    > best bluetooth features. Especially some that I would like to use with my
    > T-3.
    >
    > I am actually not in a Verizon area anyways.
    >
    > Is it possible to simply buy the v710 and get service through another CDMA
    > provider like Alltell?
    >
    > I looked on Ebay for a v710 and all of them say Verizon. There has to be
    > non-Verizon version out there somewhere.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Kirk

    But that version is crippled as you post below points out.

    Wonder if anybody else is going to be picking up this phone that won't
    cripple it?

    There is a tech guy out there somewhere that probably could hack the phone
    and turn on all the goodies. Wonder how someone would go about finding that
    guy?

    I hate to go to a GSM phone to get the features that I want, but that may be
    the choice that I have to make.

    Kirk

    "Ellery Davies" <See-Reply-Addr@Nospam.com> wrote in message
    > There were during the months before the Verizon introduction. Some were
    from
    > Aston Martin (or was it Rolls Royce)? One of these car companies gave a
    free
    > gold plated V710 with new cars. The phones came in a polished wood box
    with
    > a certificate of authenticity (snob appeal -- get it?!). A few were
    > available from individuals who were involved in early field tests. They
    went
    > for more than $600 each. Some even higher.
    >
    > But now that the phone is available for $149 with a 2 year contract, there
    > is no much of a market for the non-branded phones ($249 after rebate if
    you
    > haven't already had a Verizon phone for more than 2 years).

    I don't know, but there's a $1200 reward waiting for him if he gets here by January.

    "kirk_" <kirk@1st.net> wrote in message news:<10jv0sa9266faa8@corp.supernews.com>...
    > But that version is crippled as you post below points out.
    >
    > Wonder if anybody else is going to be picking up this phone that won't
    > cripple it?
    >
    > There is a tech guy out there somewhere that probably could hack the phone
    > and turn on all the goodies. Wonder how someone would go about finding that
    > guy?

Motorola Verizon Bluetooth