bmlocal175

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2002
I have a new gateway with the Sound Blaster Audigy sound card and was wondering how to hook up the card to my home stereo?

Does anyone have this card and how do I hookup? I think it has a digital out but my receiver is about 25-30 ft and That would probably cost to much. I want to get the best sound.

Pete

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
At that distance you'll want to consider the digital connection for high quality sound, as an analog signal would degrade to a noticable degree. Of course you can minimize the degredation by using $50 high end RCA cables for the analog connection, but that kind of defeats the purpose now doesn't it?

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

johnoh

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2002
You need to connect the audigy's 3.5mm line out plug to your stereo's aux input plugs. The below two part numbers from cablewholesale.com will do that. They also make a custom cables at good prices. I keep my noisy T-bird system in a different room from the one with my desk and monitor/keyboard/etc, and I got all the cables from these guys.

SDMT-AP92
25RCA-MM-2
http://www.cablewholesale.com/

John A