MP3 To Ringtones

Last response: in Brands
September 8, 2004 2:21:44 AM

I have a V300 and Mobile Phone tools. How do I convert an mp3 file
stored on my HD to a 6 second ringtone on the phone. All of the
connections work and I can get to the Melody Studio screen.

TMIA

More about : mp3 ringtones

Anonymous
September 8, 2004 3:47:26 AM

<<I have a V300 and Mobile Phone tools. How do I convert an mp3 file
stored on my HD to a 6 second ringtone on the phone. All of the
connections work and I can get to the Melody Studio screen.>>

You don't need to convert anything. Just use Mobile Phone Tools to
transfer the MP3 directly to the phone.

Lee

September 9, 2004 12:17:53 AM

Thanks Lee,

I'll try that solution again. The first time it failed when it got to
the phone.

BTW so as to not use too much of the phone's memory is there a way to
limit the size of the file being transferred to the phone to the first
few seconds of the melody?

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 23:47:26 -0400, "Lee Gordon"
<bucketofspam@comcast.net> wrote:

><<I have a V300 and Mobile Phone tools. How do I convert an mp3 file
>stored on my HD to a 6 second ringtone on the phone. All of the
>connections work and I can get to the Melody Studio screen.>>
>
>You don't need to convert anything. Just use Mobile Phone Tools to
>transfer the MP3 directly to the phone.
>
>Lee
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
September 9, 2004 4:23:22 AM

<<BTW so as to not use too much of the phone's memory is there a way to
limit the size of the file being transferred to the phone to the first
few seconds of the melody?>>

I use Cool Edit. It can be used to trim MP3s (including fading out instead
of cutting them off abruptky if that;s you preference). It can also be used
to mix a stereo file down to mono and to save at a lower sample rate. I
have found that the lowest rates (20 or 24K) work just fine.

Lee
September 9, 2004 5:32:23 AM

In article <8mbvj0l9digiangpme7fdichnaikv2ecsl@4ax.com>,
bbmannnnnnnn <bbman@nospam.com> wrote:

> Thanks Lee,
>
> I'll try that solution again. The first time it failed when it got to
> the phone.
>
> BTW so as to not use too much of the phone's memory is there a way to
> limit the size of the file being transferred to the phone to the first
> few seconds of the melody?

There's much more efficient tools to do this, I'm sure, but I used
iTunes' start/end points and converted the MP3 to (lower bitrate) MP3.
iTunes honoured the start/end points.

--
Steven Fisher; sdfisher@spamcop.net
"Morituri Nolumus Mori."

"bbmannnnnnnn" <bbman@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Thanks Lee,
>
> I'll try that solution again. The first time it failed when it got to
> the phone.
>
> BTW so as to not use too much of the phone's memory is there a way to
> limit the size of the file being transferred to the phone to the first
> few seconds of the melody?

If i remember correctly phone tools will sample it down to 56k when it
transfers it.
Anonymous
September 12, 2004 3:50:02 AM

Thank's Everybody.

Between this thread and Howard Forums the problem is solved. If anyone
is interested I downloaded "Audacity to limit the file size and it
worked perfectly.

!