MP3 To Ringtones

I have a V300 and Mobile Phone tools. How do I convert an mp3 file
stored on my HD to a 6 second ringtone on the phone. All of the
connections work and I can get to the Melody Studio screen.

TMIA
6 answers Last reply
More about ringtones

    <<I have a V300 and Mobile Phone tools. How do I convert an mp3 file
    stored on my HD to a 6 second ringtone on the phone. All of the
    connections work and I can get to the Melody Studio screen.>>

    You don't need to convert anything. Just use Mobile Phone Tools to
    transfer the MP3 directly to the phone.

    Lee

    Thanks Lee,

    I'll try that solution again. The first time it failed when it got to
    the phone.

    BTW so as to not use too much of the phone's memory is there a way to
    limit the size of the file being transferred to the phone to the first
    few seconds of the melody?

    On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 23:47:26 -0400, "Lee Gordon"
    <bucketofspam@comcast.net> wrote:

    ><<I have a V300 and Mobile Phone tools. How do I convert an mp3 file
    >stored on my HD to a 6 second ringtone on the phone. All of the
    >connections work and I can get to the Melody Studio screen.>>
    >
    >You don't need to convert anything. Just use Mobile Phone Tools to
    >transfer the MP3 directly to the phone.
    >
    >Lee

    <<BTW so as to not use too much of the phone's memory is there a way to
    limit the size of the file being transferred to the phone to the first
    few seconds of the melody?>>

    I use Cool Edit. It can be used to trim MP3s (including fading out instead
    of cutting them off abruptky if that;s you preference). It can also be used
    to mix a stereo file down to mono and to save at a lower sample rate. I
    have found that the lowest rates (20 or 24K) work just fine.

    Lee

    In article <8mbvj0l9digiangpme7fdichnaikv2ecsl@4ax.com>,
    bbmannnnnnnn <bbman@nospam.com> wrote:

    > Thanks Lee,
    >
    > I'll try that solution again. The first time it failed when it got to
    > the phone.
    >
    > BTW so as to not use too much of the phone's memory is there a way to
    > limit the size of the file being transferred to the phone to the first
    > few seconds of the melody?

    There's much more efficient tools to do this, I'm sure, but I used
    iTunes' start/end points and converted the MP3 to (lower bitrate) MP3.
    iTunes honoured the start/end points.

    --
    Steven Fisher; sdfisher@spamcop.net
    "Morituri Nolumus Mori."

    "bbmannnnnnnn" <bbman@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > Thanks Lee,
    >
    > I'll try that solution again. The first time it failed when it got to
    > the phone.
    >
    > BTW so as to not use too much of the phone's memory is there a way to
    > limit the size of the file being transferred to the phone to the first
    > few seconds of the melody?

    If i remember correctly phone tools will sample it down to 56k when it
    transfers it.

    Thank's Everybody.

    Between this thread and Howard Forums the problem is solved. If anyone
    is interested I downloaded "Audacity to limit the file size and it
    worked perfectly.

    On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 07:13:14 -0400, "BK24" <biggkidd24@charter.net>
    wrote:

    >"bbmannnnnnnn" <bbman@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >> Thanks Lee,
    >>
    >> I'll try that solution again. The first time it failed when it got to
    >> the phone.
    >>
    >> BTW so as to not use too much of the phone's memory is there a way to
    >> limit the size of the file being transferred to the phone to the first
    >> few seconds of the melody?
    >>

    >If i remember correctly phone tools will sample it down to 56k when it
    >transfers it.

Motorola Phones MP3