Cases for Macs?

Last response: in Home Audio
Share
September 26, 2004 11:24:27 PM

I picked up a new G5 iMac. I have other Macs as well.
The only company (I knew about) that made carrying cases for Mac
computers was Willow Design. However, I believe they recently went out
of business.
Does anyone know of a company that makes cases for Mac desktops???

More about : cases macs

Anonymous
September 27, 2004 2:37:15 AM

In article <acfc943a.0409261824.22a42871@posting.google.com>,
Onajemusic1@aol.com (JMS) wrote:

> I picked up a new G5 iMac. I have other Macs as well.
> The only company (I knew about) that made carrying cases for Mac
> computers was Willow Design. However, I believe they recently went out
> of business.
> Does anyone know of a company that makes cases for Mac desktops???

A couple of options come to mind. You could have a flight case
custom-built for it (Audio-Visual Structures here in Atlanta, MT Cases
in Chicago, and Anvil come to mind), or you could go to Marathon and get
a rack-mount kit and stick it in a standard 19" rack. Or both.

http://www.avs-duracase.com/
http://www.mtcases.com/
http://www.marathoncomputer.com/

--
Eric Frampton, keyboards Atlanta, Georgia, USA
http://www.ericframpton.com

(remove the year from the email address above to get my real address)
Anonymous
September 27, 2004 2:49:33 PM

On 26 Sep 2004 19:24:27 -0700, Onajemusic1@aol.com (JMS) wrote:

>I picked up a new G5 iMac. I have other Macs as well.
>The only company (I knew about) that made carrying cases for Mac
>computers was Willow Design. However, I believe they recently went out
>of business.
>Does anyone know of a company that makes cases for Mac desktops???

Anything made specifically for a Mac will have an automatic 50% price
premium. Go to a flightcase maker, tell them the size required and
DON'T tell them it's for a Mac :-)

September 27, 2004 2:49:34 PM

> Anything made specifically for a Mac will have an automatic 50% price
> premium. Go to a flightcase maker, tell them the size required and
> DON'T tell them it's for a Mac :-)

Thanks for the replies.
I should have been a bit more specific in mentioning that I'm not
interested in an ATA flight case. Willow Design made soft shell cases.
However, the company is no longer in business. Their site iis still up
if anyone cares to take a look.

Nylon fabric with zippers that are foam lined. The Macs are not going
on planes but merely in and out of an SUV occasionally. I have soft
shell cases like this for my early Macs that are still in amzing
shape. The Macs have changed shapes and sizes so I need to upgrade
these cases.
!