Games crash than audio is messed and every other program crashes

dlijahfliusdafs

Honorable
May 7, 2012
I've been working for the past week to try and figure this out :*( please help me out, don't ask about the name, couldn't get it to take any normal names at the time.

I don't know exactly what is happening with my computer but since the guild wars 2 beta weekend my computer would freeze make a very loud scratching sort of sound than the client would crash. At first I figured ok its just beta something isn't happy with my system, I figured it was just that cross fire wasn't optimized for the beta and that my 5970 had some cross fire structure to it with the dual gpu. Than while playing Sniper Elite v2 it happened again, not to the full extent of the loud noise but still there was scratching. After each time the games would crash all my other programs would crash as well, and when they did work they would be screwed up. I would try playing music and it would sort of work than have the static or scratching sound again, occasionally a beeping sound.

I have my audio drivers up to date and I have tested it out threw my screen speakers and my razer megalodon usb head phones. I have checked for a new mobo bios and haven't found anything new for it, I than checked to update my graphic drivers and brought them up to 12.4. I don't run anything but the drivers due to it making my system very unstable. I than did a complete wipe, did 8 passes over both my base hard drive and my 1 tb hard drive. Fully updated windows and my drivers again and I am still experiencing the same problems. I have my video card over clocked to 900 core clock and 1200 memory at 1.137 volts, its stable as can be. I also have my cpu over clocked to 3.7 ghz but I have never had a issue with it either, they both have been at these speeds for the past 2 years. The temps are all with in more than safe temps and I have just recently cleaned the entire computer.

Just finished doing memtext86+ for 5 passes and came up with 0 errors, I have also checked inside my event viewer logs for any critical events and can't find any.

My system specs according to speccy:

Operating System
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
CPU
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
Thuban 45nm Technology
RAM
8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-890FXA-UD7 (Socket M2) 36 °C
Graphics
ASUS VE276 (1920x1080@60Hz)
ATI Radeon HD 5900 Series (ATI) 40 °C
ATI Radeon HD 5900 Series (ATI) 39 °C
CrossFire Disabled
Hard Drives
63GB Kingston KINGSTON SNV425S264GB ATA Device (SATA) 30 °C
977GB Western Digital WDC WD10EARS-00Z5B1 ATA Device (SATA) 29 °C
Optical Drives
ATAPI DVD A DH24AAS ATA Device
DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

dlijahfliusdafs

Honorable
May 7, 2012
Just changed them all back and haven't had the same issues but now I keep getting in freezes randomly, I'm guessing its due to the graphics drivers. The only drivers that have worked perfectly for my card are 10.4. The error that I keep getting in the reliability viewer is this one.

Description
A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Files that help describe the problem
WD-20120507-0756.dmp
sysdata.xml
WERInternalMetadata.xml

View a temporary copy of these files
Warning: If a virus or other security threat caused the problem, opening a copy of the files could harm your computer.

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 117
BCP1: FFFFFA800B3C3440
BCP2: FFFFF88006A84768
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

dlijahfliusdafs

Honorable
May 7, 2012

Thanks for the advise, I have updated all the drivers already and there aren't any registry issues, each time the game crashes on restart I have C Cleaner check for registry issue's and have it do a clean of any random files. I have Vipre Premium scan every day and I had just finished a clean install yesterday.