Pro Tools 5.1 problem - large song

Last response: in Home Audio
September 27, 2004 10:30:46 AM

Guys

Help pls

Running Pro Tools 5.1 LE on MAC G4 V 9.0

The engineer I'm working with wanted to clear space on the hard drive
- so he decided to backup one of my songs to CD - and then remove it
from the hard drive

As the track didn't fit on the CD - he put some of the WAV files onto
a second CD

Now when he tries to drag the session from the CD back onto the the
hard drive he gets a message saying some of the WAV files are missing
( fair enough - they are on the second CD)

He reckons the only way to get round this is to start a new session
and import the data back - but as there are many audio parts this is
not an option he reckons, as it would take ages to sort out

Can anyone tell me a way round this problem pls

Cheers

Rob
Anonymous
September 27, 2004 7:36:02 PM

Put the audio files of the second cd into the "AUDIO FILES" folder of the
computer!
Max

"groundhog" <heraclius@aol.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Guys
>

> Help pls
>

> Running Pro Tools 5.1 LE on MAC G4 V 9.0
>
> The engineer I'm working with wanted to clear space on the hard drive
> - so he decided to backup one of my songs to CD - and then remove it
> from the hard drive
>
> As the track didn't fit on the CD - he put some of the WAV files onto
> a second CD
>
> Now when he tries to drag the session from the CD back onto the the
> hard drive he gets a message saying some of the WAV files are missing
> ( fair enough - they are on the second CD)
>
> He reckons the only way to get round this is to start a new session
> and import the data back - but as there are many audio parts this is
> not an option he reckons, as it would take ages to sort out
>
> Can anyone tell me a way round this problem pls
>
> Cheers
>

> Rob
Anonymous
September 29, 2004 5:45:17 AM