The 2004 TCN Awards

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

I am currently organising the third annual TCN Awards. What's a TCN
Award? you ask, so I quote myself: "The TCN Awards are awards given to
the best freeware adventure games of the year. After public voting,
awards are given in five categories." Now we are looking at the games
of 2004 and the five categories are Graphics, Music, Story, Puzzles and
Best Game.

Nomination will be open for another 35 hours (to see the list of games
that can be nominated and nominate if you so wish, go to
http://trumgottist.com/crowsnest/nominate.php - a single person may
nominate up to five games per category) at which time the five games in
each category with the most nominations will become nominated. The
second, final, round of voting will consist of choosing one game in
each category and voting for it.

Rikard

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

Rikard Peterson wrote in

> I am currently organising the third annual TCN Awards. What's a
> TCN Award? you ask, so I quote myself: "The TCN Awards are awards
> given to the best freeware adventure games of the year. After
> public voting, awards are given in five categories." Now we are
> looking at the games of 2004 and the five categories are Graphics,
> Music, Story, Puzzles and Best Game.

Now the nominees are decided, and the voting booth has opened!
http://trumgottist.com/crowsnest/vote.php is the address for seeing
nominees and vote. I'm hoping more of you will take the time to vote
this year. Since I limited the number of nominees to five per category
(or six in the cases where it was a draw) there are not so many games
to play in order to be qualified as a judge. The nominees are good,
too.

Voting will close at 24.00 GMT Saturday February 12th, so you have
three weeks in which to play the games you haven't tried yet.

Rikard

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

Rikard Peterson <trumgottist@bigfoot.com> wrote in

> Now the 2004 TCN Awards are done, and the results are official. Thanks
> to all who voted. If you're among those who haven't played these games,
> now is a good time to do so.
>
> http://trumgottist.com/crowsnest/awards.php

All I get is:

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

--
Murray Peterson
Email: murray.spamtrap1@shaw.ca

Murray Peterson wrote in news:Xns9600ECD16B925farkle@24.71.223.159:

> Rikard Peterson <trumgottist@bigfoot.com> wrote in
>
>> Now the 2004 TCN Awards are done, and the results are official.
>> Thanks to all who voted. If you're among those who haven't played
>> these games, now is a good time to do so.
>>
>> http://trumgottist.com/crowsnest/awards.php
>
> All I get is:
>
> phpBB : Critical Error
>
> Could not connect to the database

Aargh! How did this happen? I'll try to fix it as fast as I can.

Rikard

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

Murray Peterson wrote in news:Xns9600ECD16B925farkle@24.71.223.159:

> Rikard Peterson <trumgottist@bigfoot.com> wrote in
>
>> Now the 2004 TCN Awards are done, and the results are official.
>> Thanks to all who voted. If you're among those who haven't played
>> these games, now is a good time to do so.
>>
>> http://trumgottist.com/crowsnest/awards.php
>
> All I get is:
>
> phpBB : Critical Error
>
> Could not connect to the database

It's working now.

> It's working now.

Thanks. It's even nice that I have already played (and enjoyed) the first
place game.