Broken Sword II - Anybody help with a missing file?

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

Hi, I've been given the game and thought I would play it but a scratch on
the CD stops all the "Clusters directory" on CD RBSCII 2 loading. Could
somebody email the Files please?
Much appreciated if you could, or a download site where I could get the
files would be equally handy.
Thanks for your efforts, in advance.

Wiz

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

"Wiz" <the.mutts.nuts@ntlworld.com> wrote in

> Hi, I've been given the game and thought I would play it but a scratch
> on the CD stops all the "Clusters directory" on CD RBSCII 2 loading.

Go to your local computer game store and buy one of those CD repair kits.
They work quite well, and you can keep it in reserve for the next time you
scratch a CD.

--
Murray Peterson
Email: murray.spamtrap1@shaw.ca

vinCe

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

"Wiz" wrote

> Hi, I've been given the game and thought I would play it but a scratch on
> the CD stops all the "Clusters directory" on CD RBSCII 2 loading. Could
> somebody email the Files please?
> Much appreciated if you could, or a download site where I could get the
> files would be equally handy.
> Thanks for your efforts, in advance.

The directory is about 500 Mb. So no, I don't think I'll try emailing it.

If you can't narrow the problem down to a few files, or get the lot
elsewhere, let me know and I'll chuck them on a CD and post it to you.

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 16:06:34 GMT
Murray Peterson <mwp@home.com.invalid> wrote:

> "Wiz" <the.mutts.nuts@ntlworld.com> wrote in
>
> > Hi, I've been given the game and thought I would play it but a scratch
> > on the CD stops all the "Clusters directory" on CD RBSCII 2 loading.
>
> Go to your local computer game store and buy one of those CD repair kits.
> They work quite well, and you can keep it in reserve for the next time you
> scratch a CD.
>
> --
> Murray Peterson
> Email: murray.spamtrap1@shaw.ca

I second that - the "Disc Doctor" (the hand cranked machine with the green, wavy-spoked wheel) works incredibly well - at last I can play Riven disc 5 again (my CD drive ate it).

Tom