Windows 7 Home vs Professional

doogiedsp

Honorable
May 7, 2012
I am trying to run a game on a computer that has windows 7 professional and it does not work. The same exact game works on windows 7 home. Both are 64 bit. And the computer with professional has better specs. Is there something in the coding for professional that is causing the issue??

4745454b

Titan
Nothing that I would know of. Are you sure you aren't missing something else like UAC enabled on the pro computer? I play a lot of older games and one of the first things I did was disable UAC seeing as older games don't handle it. System specs and the game would be nice to have.

mubin

Distinguished
Windows 7 home or professional dosent fact. Maybe there is other software issue. Try installing direct X latest version, nvidia physx and ms visual c++ 2005/2008. Without these soft some game will not run. Exactly what happen when you try to run the game?

G

stop trying to play games AT WORK!
:lol:

doogiedsp

Honorable
May 7, 2012
I'm trying to play Civ 4.
Specs are:
Processor: Intel Core i7-2600 cpu @ 3.4 GHz
RAM: 12 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 530

I updated everything you said, still doesn't work.

When the game starts it splits it into 4 quadrants with a distinct cross in the middle of the screen. And it shifts everything; the upper left quadrant should be the lower right, upper right should be lower left, lower right should be the upper left and lower left should be upper right,

And their is a message that says the computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements.