another world pc game help

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

hi all gamers , i need some help to find a game thats rare its name
is --another world-- a french game in the stlye of a action adventur with
the graphics as simple but efective like cartoonish style.....it might have
a diferent name.

the story goes that a scientist goes to his office and runs a machine that
ends up going wrong and transporting him to another world where he has to
escape and survive , to do so he ends up with a friend and uses a gun that
can be used as a weapon and sheild.....if anyone can tell me the real name
or someone that has one for sale please get in contact with me at

fairmontxabc@bigpond.com

thanks shaun b

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

The real name is Another World, it was made by a french company called
Delphine Software.
The game is now available as abandonware, it has been for a couple of years.
i downloaded it.

Mr smith wrote:
> The real name is Another World, it was made by a french company called
> Delphine Software.
> The game is now available as abandonware, it has been for a couple of
> years. i downloaded it.

Yea, and IIRC Delphine also made Fade To Black, another awesome game for its
time and the first *real* 3D game Ive ever played - it came out more than a
year before the original tomb raider. It's still one of my faves of all
time.

I never understood how Fade to Black never got the recognition it rightfully
deserves - along with many other games made in europe around that time, like
the twinsen games for instance (anybody had any success running those in
XP?)

Flashback, the sequel to AO was also a pretty wicked side scrolling
adventure shooter - so good in fact that I bought a snes just so I could
play it. As it turned out I had more fun with the snes than any other
system, including the PC.

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

FYI, In the US it was published by Interplay under the name "Out of
this World". Excellent game.

Stuart